Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Star Man posted:

That's like the one of the most common joke names people give their WiFi networks at home.

It rules :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Hopefully, a runoff will give us time to investigate and uncover all the shady poo poo Kemp did.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

RuanGacho posted:

I feel like I need to start naming public wi-fi "FBI Deep State Monitor (Free Wi-fi!)"

I kind of like "Democrats secret wiretap" for a wifi name.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Party Plane Jones posted:

Ya'll in the thread are really living up to the thread title more closely than I thought you would.

Don't worry, I'm 60% sure it'll settle down sometime in the next two months. :)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The most corrupt mayor in America might get ousted.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060382156147642368
https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1060308937935745025

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 8, 2018

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Awesome, thanks. It sounds like for Florida it’s still quite a long shot, but the Georgia runoff thing is potentially a real gain.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

The most corrupt mayor in America might get ousted.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060382156147642368

This is huge, as this race was rated Safe-Triple-D

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

TulliusCicero posted:

"Sharia law is so horrible! They are swearing on a book they consider holy, and they enforce laws based on religion"

(Refuses to glance at giant 10 Commandments Statue and abortion ban across the street)

I love when American chuds on twitter comment on "European sharia law" like Great Britain has become a Caliphate

For gently caress sakes, go outside and talk to people you wackos

Lots of these people go outside to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, and likewise think ridiculous things about urban America.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Does loomer live in MN now?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Thankfully Jacob Wohl is a liar and always wrong.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

The Glumslinger posted:

Blue states love token, useless Republican governors. See Romney and Governator as examples

And Illinois, until we kicked him to the curb.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Bullfrog posted:

Does loomer live in MN now?

She's getting ready to star as the obligatory pathetic doomed protagonist of the fourth season of Fargo.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Remember when I said that Jacob Wohl wasn't going to be arrested

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Office Pig posted:

Thankfully Jacob Wohl is a liar and always wrong.

Is Wohl a super cool guy with the Dems now? That the new and pathetic angle?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Why is Jacob Wohl not awaiting trial?

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 8, 2018

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Grape posted:

She's getting ready to star as the obligatory pathetic doomed protagonist of the fourth season of Fargo.

I'm just laughing my rear end off because Minnesota is a graveyard for the alt-right. Every alt-right action there has been cringeworthy and weak. It's where these weird chuds go to wither

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Petr posted:

Remember when I said that Jacob Wohl wasn't going to be arrested

When he didn't actually file a police report, its became unclear if he had broken any laws since its totally legal to be a huge dumbass

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Glumslinger posted:

When he didn't actually file a police report, its became unclear if he had broken any laws since its totally legal to be a huge dumbass

Being that monumentally stupid should be illegal though

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Xand_Man posted:

Why is Jacob Wohl not awaiting trail?

Being a massive idiot isn't illegal

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
In a super liberal hipster coffee shop and all the antifa members are saying how correct Jacob Wohl is.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Wohl a super cool guy with the Dems now? That the new and pathetic angle?

Daddy Trump said nice things about Pelosi today, so Wohl is parroting that.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess there are still like 400K outstanding votes in two counties that they aren't going to start counting until 1 PM tomorrow?

It’s not going to change to Sinema. McSally won.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

SourKraut posted:

It’s not going to change to Sinema. McSally won.

OK guess I'll ignore 538 and listen to you, random confidently depressed goon #583.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Bullfrog posted:

I'm just laughing my rear end off because Minnesota is a graveyard for the alt-right. Every alt-right action there has been cringeworthy and weak. It's where these weird chuds go to wither

I mean, not counting when the channers shot up a Justice4Jamar vigil/protest....

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Half a million votes outstanding from a blue county, but yeah gently caress it. McSally won.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Grape posted:

OK guess I'll ignore 538 and listen to you, random confidently depressed goon #583.

I actually live in Maricopa County and have been following the local news. Given the current split in Maricopa and the fact that there are still a few outstanding McSally-heavy counties whose precincts haven’t fully reported, there’s probably no way she closes the current gap.

As a reminder (not that you’ve done any research yourself on this), AZ mail-in ballots tend to favor the Republican candidate historically.

So I’m very (unfortunately) confident that McSally has won but yes, keep your dreams alive.

Mahoning posted:

Half a million votes outstanding from a blue county, but yeah gently caress it. McSally won.
Jesus Christ, Maricopa isn’t a blue county, where do people keep getting this nonsense from.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

I don't even know why MN would even register as a CHUD haven. For fucks sake, we were the lone hold out for Mondale.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Someone sees the writing on the wall.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

SourKraut posted:

(not that you’ve done any research yourself on this)

Seems like a pretty safe toxx then, Encyclopedia Brown.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Cared about the importance of the orange Wohl in the grand scheme of all things. [checked]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwcKwGS7OSQ.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm not sure why I'm surprised after 2000 but I still find it remarkable how terrible the US is at counting votes and how little most people seem to care about it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I was going to say, we here in Michigan joke that Minnesota is the California of the north.

I'm sure that Minnesota has some chuddier areas though, like California does.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

I was going to say, we here in Michigan joke that Minnesota is the California of the north.

We do, but we largely pretend that they don't exist, or we pull the MN nice bit and give That Look and go, "Sharon, you know I think your opinion is very INTERESTING" until they are shunned from the pot luck.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

It definitely does. St. Cloud comes to mind. Also I remember there being a lot of anti-Somali racism some years back (definitely still). It's an interesting state in that rural areas go blue way more often than they do in other states though.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1060041995798958080

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Seems like a pretty safe toxx then, Encyclopedia Brown.

I am not going to make him do this because I will defer to someone who actually lives in Arizona, tbh. If he wants to toxx he can, though.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1060384402830573568

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

It definitely does. St. Cloud comes to mind. Also I remember there being a lot of anti-Somali racism some years back (definitely still). It's an interesting state in that rural areas go blue way more often than they do in other states though.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1060041995798958080

St. Paul wouldn't even loving run if it weren't for the Somali community. I'm ecstatic for our new rep...Ilhan showed up at my job a few years ago and I thought she was so charismatic and graceful even then. If Klobouchar doesn't run for higher office some day, I would at least like to see Ms. Omar make a presence.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Someone sees the writing on the wall.

He doesn't see anything, he's just following the word of Trump.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I cannot believe Jim Accost-Her ritually murdered a White House intern on live national TV today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SourKraut posted:

I actually live in Maricopa County and have been following the local news. Given the current split in Maricopa and the fact that there are still a few outstanding McSally-heavy counties whose precincts haven’t fully reported, there’s probably no way she closes the current gap.

As a reminder (not that you’ve done any research yourself on this), AZ mail-in ballots tend to favor the Republican candidate historically.

So I’m very (unfortunately) confident that McSally has won but yes, keep your dreams alive.

Jesus Christ, Maricopa isn’t a blue county, where do people keep getting this nonsense from.

Legit wanting/trying to get some more info on this from you if you don't mind-

My understanding (mostly from here: https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1060251726467469312 and a few other places) that the idea generally is most of the remaining is early/mail-in which generally favored Sinema, and Sinema still has Pima out while McSally's coming in is relatively ... limited. Again, legit would like to get more information / your thoughts on this, if you don't mind.