Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I see your point, but somehow I don't think he would have reacted the same way if it had been Joseph's room. I think Hank thinks gay people are, in his own words from another episode, "horribly wrong". It's very blatant.

Again, not to say we can't enjoy this media from the past, because it has the good taste to remain in the past. Ahem.

hank is usually wrong about things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Song For The Deaf posted:

At one point Hank congratulates Bobby on putting out his first Buck Strickland fire, and says it’ll only take him a couple hundred more until he catches up.

Both of Hank’s dads are sleazes, and he is blind to it... while also firmly believing that his mom is an idiot. It’s no wonder he’s an emotional wreck. He can only cry over his truck, which is the Charlotte Heston to his Ethan Hawke.

The episode with his mom and her club of miniatures was pretty messed up. In the flashback, Cotton is cleaning the dishes by piling them in a sink and smashing them all with the chair. Hank is desperately trying to tell his mom, and she's just tuning it out while happily working on her miniatures.

No wonder Hank craves order and rules.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Another fantastic episode. "To the miniatures!"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I am very very happy that the election is over so I can watch KotH on my poor-person-full-of-ads Hulu account without seeing political ads every ten minutes.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sponge Baathist posted:

dusty old bones full of green dust

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
hanks got a bully... and he's weird

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sponge Baathist posted:

dusty old bones full of green dust

a fine example of a crap episode from the later seasons

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dust Old Bones posted:

Nice shitpost, Mr. Full of green dust.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The caves, where old people go to die and teenagers go to make out

Or was it the other way around?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Also jfc just restarted on hulu and forgot the episode trying to find a boyfriend for luanne and dale in the bathroom talking to other guy pissing "so you look like a regular guy"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Just a crap episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Judge really hates Canadians and cats.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Worst episode list (in no order):

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Wicker Man posted:

The episode with his mom and her club of miniatures was pretty messed up. In the flashback, Cotton is cleaning the dishes by piling them in a sink and smashing them all with the chair. Hank is desperately trying to tell his mom, and she's just tuning it out while happily working on her miniatures.

No wonder Hank craves order and rules.

Back when King of the Hill was on Netflix, this episode wasn't included for some reason. Only this episode. This went on for years. I think it might have been added right before they took the series off the service. Ahh, memories.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Another fantastic episode. "To the miniatures!"

SLOPPY JOES! SLOP SLOP SLOPPY JOES!

I asked for milk, cream makes me logy.

DEAL WITH IT!

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

Agree with all of them except for the sauce one.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Back when King of the Hill was on Netflix, this episode wasn't included for some reason. Only this episode. This went on for years. I think it might have been added right before they took the series off the service. Ahh, memories.

something about music rights

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

i like trans fats because bill stuffs his face with disgusting trans fat-free food and gradually becomes more and even more disgusting and slovenly as the episode goes on

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

Swap out trans fats for Mrs Wakefield and you have a pretty good list

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Mrs. Wakefield episode was easily the worst for me.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You all just haven't watched it enough to achieve Ms. Wakefield Episode Nirvana: it's bland but not bad.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

You all just haven't watched it enough to achieve Ms. Wakefield Episode Nirvana: it's bland but not bad.

This is all the "bad" episodes, except zz top and american choppers.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
another one I hate is the one where Hank is afraid of bats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

Hank's Cat is easily the worst episode. It's two different good episodes that were mashed together and then have the dial turned to 100% mean spirited.

1) Hank expecting to take care of a soldier's dog and getting a cat instead is a great setup for an episode about a man learning that cats are in fact good (and better than dogs :colbert: ). Instead the cat is a pure hellspawn that can only come from the mind of a dog person who has never seen a cat in person.

2) The entire vet story could have easily been done as an episode with Ladybird's normal vet going on vacation and Hank has to see his trainee.
2b) or perhaps the Souphanousinphones go on vacation and Hank has to take care of their dog, and it's their vet.
2c) Bill's dog...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Hank's Cat is easily the worst episode. It's two different good episodes that were mashed together and then have the dial turned to 100% mean spirited.

1) Hank expecting to take care of a soldier's dog and getting a cat instead is a great setup for an episode about a man learning that cats are in fact good (and better than dogs :colbert: ). Instead the cat is a pure hellspawn that can only come from the mind of a dog person who has never seen a cat in person.

2) The entire vet story could have easily been done as an episode with Ladybird's normal vet going on vacation and Hank has to see his trainee.
2b) or perhaps the Souphanousinphones go on vacation and Hank has to take care of their dog, and it's their vet.
2c) Bill's dog...

I had blocked this entire episode from my memory until the thread brought it rushing back. No one learns anything and nothing good happens, the Hills just get hosed out of their vacation. I mean Bill is doing fine in it, but that's not the point.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVLe2YMXAg

Shame on all of you for hating on this episode. Hank getting burned by his blind patriotism is hilarious. Also the cat kicking its litter into Peggy's face.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bro that was terrible

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hawowanlawow posted:

bro that was terrible

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

what do you think youll look like in 1000 years?

gray bones in a grave

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

hawowanlawow posted:

bro that was terrible

the look on bobbys face when he cant reach is actually pretty good, sorry

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

This is all the "bad" episodes, except zz top and american choppers.

People blindly hate the choppers episode just because it has awful cameos by some celebrities of the minute but they're really not in a lot of the episode and the rest of it is pretty good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVLe2YMXAg

Shame on all of you for hating on this episode. Hank getting burned by his blind patriotism is hilarious.

I'm all for this concept, I just didn't like the execution of it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trans-Facism (seriously that's the episode name) is the dumbest loving episode by a longshot. It was jumping on the reactionary bandwagon against an effort to actually improve peoples health. loving everyone did en episode about how great transfats are.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mcfarlane really hates cats too. I can get not liking them but hating them is usually a bad sign.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mcfarlane really hates cats too. I can get not liking them but hating them is usually a bad sign.

The Orville is really good though, so maybe he's gotten better

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I hate the Canadians one so loving much, as a Canadian I am happy to laugh at us and get dunked on but they were just gigantic irredeemable douches for no reason.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

We call it the Commander in Beef. It's the Swiss army knife of grills, but made by a country not afraid to go to war.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trans-Facism (seriously that's the episode name) is the dumbest loving episode by a longshot. It was jumping on the reactionary bandwagon against an effort to actually improve peoples health. loving everyone did en episode about how great transfats are.

i think you're missing the forest for the trees. the episode is about the arlen city council banning trans fats, but the episode is about hank driving an illegal food truck while still being hank hill and observing various traffic and food safety laws, and becoming buck strickland's proxy for his feud with roostah

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Peggy's Sugarfoot's.

Peggy...'...s Sugarfoot...'...s

It gets even funnier when she takes her part of the neon sign home for her office in the water heater room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tim Whatley posted:

We call it the Commander in Beef. It's the Swiss army knife of grills, but made by a country not afraid to go to war.

Is this really from an episode?