Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

galaxy brain: impeaching trump is bad because i don't like democrats
Man you read a lot into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/noamscheiber/status/1060564693646012416

This is a good thread to pour some cold water on beliefs that Michigan will easily swing back to Democrats in 2020.

Not surprising in the slightest. Unions are a very big deal here, especially with the auto industry. Despite Janus they aren't going to be going anywhere soon, and people know that.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kimsemus posted:

Calling him a "white man" shooter is race washing the issue. He was a white man, yes, but he was also a veteran with PTSD, whom had sought help before, couldn't get it, and was unstable. He didn't shoot people because he was white.

And yet black veterans with PTSD commit mass shootings at a much lower rate than white veterans with PTSD.

So yeah, he kinda did.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

axeil posted:

edit: actually poo poo, if the House impeaches is the Senate forced to have a hearing or can The Turtle just Merrick Garland it?

honestly, it's happened so rarely that the rules are going to be what McConnell says they are, but if it's actually bad enough that impeachment is a good idea, that's going to hurt republicans as well - and reporters will keep asking republican senators to go on the record.

again, i don't think this is a likely outcome. i have trouble thinking of the crimes that would actually get this result if people believed them and would have indisputable evidence that couldn't be ignored.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Adar posted:

It's absolutely a semi-permanent realignment. Soccer moms hate Trump and chuds with a vengeance. They might have been persuaded to vote Republican if there were any untainted Republicans left, but there aren't and won't be anytime soon, so that's over.

Unless the Dems nominate Oprah, their floor in 2020 will be +2% nationwide and a very similar result to 2016 except they'll also flip 2-3 Senate seats at minimum. I think the median outcome with this economy is very close to 2018.

The economy is actually an interesting factor in this discussion. Not that I want it to happen, but odds are that all of Trumps stupid tariff/tax/etc decisions will start to hurt before the 2020 elections. If so that changes the board ENTIRELY.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

Sessions resigned.

Resigning at someone's request is being fired.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

I see Coulter more or less implied the media would cover it up unless it was a white guy but who else was celebrating the early reports he was middle-eastern?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kobayashi posted:

I don't even see the point of impeaching Trump at this point.

To stop a smart Trump from doing it in future.
Imagine if Trump didn't tweet and could talk like Obama.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
So we're going to have RBG replaced with a chud.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

evilweasel posted:

the rules are going to be what McConnell says they are

:stonk:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

mdemone posted:

And yet black veterans with PTSD commit mass shootings at a much lower rate than white veterans with PTSD.

So yeah, he kinda did.

It's almost like there are more white veterans with PTSD than black veterans with PTSD so literal math happens :wooper:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

axeil posted:

imo, if the crimes are obvious/serious enough you do it simply so vulnerable R Senators in 2020 are forced to vote on it, similar to how the GOP used the Kavanaugh hearing to force red state Dems into tough votes. If they vote Yes they piss off the CHUDs, if they vote No they piss off/motivate Dems/Indies and the handful of Republicans that still have souls which could be enough to put the Senate in play.

edit: actually poo poo, if the House impeaches is the Senate forced to have a hearing or can The Turtle just Merrick Garland it?

good question - my gut says the whole 'speedy trial' thing might come up if he's obviously dragging his heels, but it's never been litigated afaik

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

It's almost like there are more white veterans with PTSD than black veterans with PTSD so literal math happens :wooper:

not what the word "rate" means

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Petr posted:

It's RBG. She'll pound a protein shake, do fifty squats, and her ribs will just melt back together again.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Won't someone PLEASE think of the poor misunderstood violent white men

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Maybe it's shallow or petty of me, but I'm for anything that brings him pain.

this is 100% the correct angle to take on it

any pretense this is about rule of law is transparent horseshit and will be rightfully treated as such by the american people. "yo, gently caress this guy," on the other hand?

there is hatred. choosing not to harness it because you're terrified the other party might use it back on you is the most transparent possible justification for cowardice imaginable.

oh no, the other party might start calling for child tent prisons for untermenschen if we ever stood up for anything, wait, poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mdemone posted:

So yeah, he kinda did.

yeah. this isn't PTSD. i don't think PTSD makes you dress like neo and shoot up a Bar and kill a dozen people. it makes you have panic attacks and other horrible things.

pocket pool posted:

I see Coulter more or less implied the media would cover it up unless it was a white guy but who else was celebrating the early reports he was middle-eastern?

the alt right chud types.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Brony Car posted:

Nope.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Petr posted:

are you wishing death on her? She's just in the hospital, not the grave yard.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/noamscheiber/status/1060564693646012416

This is a good thread to pour some cold water on beliefs that Michigan will easily swing back to Democrats in 2020.

No worries, when Bernie’s running Michigan will go blue

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Even Captain Disillusion has been dragged into this...

https://twitter.com/CDisillusion/status/1060564297103917056

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kimsemus posted:

Do you not know what the work "rate" means?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Seems like pretty solid speculation to me that the shooter was a chud who went and murdered a bunch of likely fairly liberal college students because the Democrats took the House the day before.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Crow Jane posted:

Won't someone PLEASE think of the poor misunderstood violent white men

sacrifices life/sanity for country

can't get mental help

because of this, violent delusions manifest

"b-b-but white man!"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

are you wishing death on her? She's just in the hospital, not the grave yard.

She’s old as gently caress, broke 3 ribs after a fall. She’s retiring for sure

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

good question - my gut says the whole 'speedy trial' thing might come up if he's obviously dragging his heels, but it's never been litigated afaik

"speedy trial" is a right of a defendant, generally, and can be waived by the defendant and I don't see mitch ignoring a trial if Trump wants it. not that i think it would even apply, i think that impeachment is entirely up to the Senate and no rules apply except the rules that the Senate agrees to, the required number of senators to convict, and that the chief justice must preside.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Brony Car posted:

Not legally it isn't!

Jeff Sessions is not eligible for unemployment assistance.

Score one for the Good Guys.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

So cops should start blowing away white guys because they might be veterans with PTSD. Got it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Terror Sweat posted:

Nah, RBG is more badass than any of us will ever be. She'll outlast all of us.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Terror Sweat posted:

RBG isn't going to retire. That said, an old person being injured in a fall is really, really dangerous so she might die. But she won't retire, she'll die or they're going to wheel her hospital bed into the Supreme Court for oral arguments.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kimsemus posted:

can't get mental help

"b-b-but white man!"

You're impressively dumb.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

If she lives she isn't going anywhere. RBG isn't going to give Trump another free shot at the Court.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

>sacrifices life/sanity for country
>can't get mental help
>because of this, violent delusions manifest
>"b-b-but white man!"

it is always tragic watching someone forget how to code-switch.

got any neat ideas about the synagogue shooting, while we have you here

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Nah, RBG is more badass than any of us will ever be. She'll outlast all of us.

Give me a sixer for emptyquoting.

also :agreed:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oxyclean posted:

So cops should start blowing away white guys because they might be veterans with PTSD. Got it.

It would be better if the cops didn't kill anyone actually, because cops are bad and killing people is generally bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Terror Sweat posted:

She won't retire but she sure might die

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

can't get mental help

"b-b-but white man!"

Who gave the NRA an account

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gillum isn't un-conceding, precisely, but he's also going to (if he can) demand his recount.

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1060572931867246594

remember for 2020. if there are any close races and you're like "augh why did he concede": concessions are legally meaningless!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Kimsemus posted:

can't get mental help

"b-b-but white man!"

Thank god we finally have someone here to defend white men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Here's the original New York V Trump Foundation filing: https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/court_stamped_petition.pdf

It's fun.

also quoting it is very annoying because of formatting, but my favorite bit is probably the "lol the board of directors never met, never did anything, never promulgated any rules, and was at best a rubber stamp for donald using the foundation as his personal piggy bank"

relatedly, in addition to dissolving the trump foundation, new york wants to fine the poo poo out of trump and his kids and keep them from ever serving on a charity board / executive position again

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 8, 2018