Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sticklefifer posted:

True, there is that. :butt:

it fit kyuss' music and it's a big thing missing from current stoner/doom/whatever stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
We first heard of Korn from rock video monthly, a friend had a subscription. For the younger folks, they used to send VHS tapes with music videos... in the mail! A few months later it hit MTV and exploded.

I also discovered Kyuss from one of those videos, like a year or so before.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's a big thing missing from current stoner/doom/whatever stuff

Thank loving god for that

Parachute
May 18, 2003
unsurprisingly, one of their best songs is asteroid which is instrumental

edit: 90% of kyuss songs would be better with no vocals (not a hot take)

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
New Cryptopsy EP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnJ6KpclWNY

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackSabbath/status/1060206358966849536

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shakenbaker posted:

I saw a dude propose to his girlfriend tonight while Toxic Holocaust was playing Nuke the Cross.

I also saw a 350ish lbs man hit apples with a chain and then throw CRT televisions up and chest bump them.

In short, metal shows are a land of contrasts.

I was there too. Nasty savage was boring as hell compared to toxic and municipal. I get they're a product of their time but man that was boring.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Shakenbaker posted:

I saw a dude propose to his girlfriend tonight while Toxic Holocaust was playing Nuke the Cross.

I also saw a 350ish lbs man hit apples with a chain and then throw CRT televisions up and chest bump them.

I mentioned it before but at MDF this year Pig Destroyer stopped their show to let a man in a chicken suit (who shows up every year) climb the stage, call his girlfriend up, and propose to her. She said yes, he immediately got up and high-fived the band, then they both took stage dive together.

It was cool.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lmp4uCq40E

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm sure I mentioned it last year when it happened but somebody proposed during the local opener at a Ne Obliviscaris show. They had met at one of their shows six years earlier.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Parachute posted:

unsurprisingly, one of their best songs is asteroid which is instrumental

edit: 90% of kyuss songs would be better with no vocals (not a hot take)

initially i hated garcia's voice too, but it grew on me and it's like eric wagner in trouble, that kind of music needs that certain dirtbag hesher quality

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I mentioned it before but at MDF this year Pig Destroyer stopped their show to let a man in a chicken suit (who shows up every year) climb the stage, call his girlfriend up, and propose to her. She said yes, he immediately got up and high-fived the band, then they both took stage dive together.

It was cool.

EDIT:

I've been seeing this guy at shows for like 8-9 years now; nice to see this.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

initially i hated garcia's voice too, but it grew on me and it's like eric wagner in trouble, that kind of music needs that certain dirtbag hesher quality

He sounds like a grunge vocalist who got drugged and thrown out of a van in the middle of a desert

It good

Not always into it tbh but he fits perfectly

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I've been seeing this guy at shows for like 8-9 years now; nice to see this.
Same, smoked up with him a few times too. He's a nut but he's always good to start a mosh when there should be one going. He's got a new chicken suit too now, I guess that one finally got destroyed

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I saw these guys, Deathrite, at the bottom of the Invisible Oranges upcoming new releases post. Sharing because I liked them.

https://deathrite.bandcamp.com/album/where-evil-arises-7

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was there too. Nasty savage was boring as hell compared to toxic and municipal. I get they're a product of their time but man that was boring.

I am never going to say that they're good, but as an experience I think Nasty Savage are worth the price of admission. The whole thing felt like an Andy Kaufman bit and I will treasure the experience until my dying day.

I mean sure Toxic and Waste were objectively better but they also weren't doing a weird Gallaghar routine that made me question if I was having a stroke.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

It was cool.

EDIT:

This rules.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Shakenbaker posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there a story behind this gif?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Snowy posted:

Is there a story behind this gif?

Nope. I just came across it watching a recent Nasty Savage live vid and had to gif-ify it.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Varg posted:

Same, smoked up with him a few times too. He's a nut but he's always good to start a mosh when there should be one going. He's got a new chicken suit too now, I guess that one finally got destroyed

That dude is so nice. I saw a guy in a hot dog suit at behemoth and could only think, "You're not chicken suit guy." I definitely saw one of his suits get ripped at a Cattle show.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Am I the only one finding those guys always attenting in chicken suits or whatever kind of carnavalesque attire they decide to choose massive attention whores? Over here you got some douchebags always appearing in pink pants at death metal shows mostly so they can easily spot themselves on youtube which is I guess really fun and never gets old.

Yes I am old, grumpy and dull

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda admire the dedication because it's gotta be pretty smelly and uncomfortable in that thing

but yeah it'd be much cooler if someone started loving poo poo up in the pit dressed up like mr met

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I've never seen a guy in a wacky animal suit at a show. seems like an american thing

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There's a dude who shows up in a panda suit for Copenhell every year and moshes like a crezzy man, in the middle of July, and there's basically no shade to be found before ~20:00.

That suit must be rank.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

A human heart posted:

I've never seen a guy in a wacky animal suit at a show. seems like an american thing

I'm from The Netherlands and I see it a lot over here but also frequently in Belgium.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There are also the other attention seeker usual suspects. Dudes in pink shirts, tutu skirts, various types of printed tights/yoga pants, all of that stuff. There are also a few dudes who show up dressed to the nines. Not in the usual "nerd wearing an ill-fitting suit as novelty" way, but actually well-dressed in nicely fitting suits. It's really silly, but you gotta respect the effort.

I've never seen this stuff at smaller fests and shows, though.

At this year's Copenhell, I will admit that I wore a big-rear end sombrero, mostly because 1) the sun is a hateful god of pain, and 2) to make it easier for my friends to spot me in the crowd.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

The sombrero is a vital survival tool which has served mankind for centuries

It is also a very celebrated sex accessory

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There's a guy who sometimes shows up in a full Spiderman costume.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I never see animal outfits in nyc, just the usual metal costumes

Parachute
May 18, 2003
you mean yall don't wear bespoke suits to shows?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I sang Victorious March with a dude in full chainmail the last time I saw Amon Amarth, that was fun.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Parachute posted:

you mean yall don't wear bespoke suits to shows?

All of my battlevests are bespoke, hand-made by me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The worst is the dudes done up in corpsepaint or other poo poo. No rear end in a top hat, I am not here to see you.

The funniest however is the people in capes and leather wristbands for folk metal shows. :lol:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KozmoNaut posted:

All of my battlevests are bespoke, hand-made by me.

You made the vest itself?

I have so many patches I’d like to have a jacket made out of them but :effort:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t dress up in anything special for shows but I kind of like that some people do and it would be fun if more of the crowd was looking weird in one way or another

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I used to have a big pirate flag at Wacken, but I didn't just fly it all the time - it was mostly just to help my group find me.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Also I've been listening to way too much Rwake and Deadbird (I'm from Arkansas so welp... and new Deadbird is good y'all) the last few days, but it hasn't been easy to find anything else that scratches that particular itch. I know the bigger names in that realm, obviously (Crowbar, Inter Arma and Neurosis are certainly in the ballpark) but what might I be missing?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Fenrir posted:

Also I've been listening to way too much Rwake and Deadbird (I'm from Arkansas so welp... and new Deadbird is good y'all) the last few days, but it hasn't been easy to find anything else that scratches that particular itch. I know the bigger names in that realm, obviously (Crowbar, Inter Arma and Neurosis are certainly in the ballpark) but what might I be missing?

you like eyehategod or cavity? maybe even kylesa if you like that kind-of-dbeat sound too

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowy posted:

You made the vest itself?

I have so many patches I’d like to have a jacket made out of them but :effort:

Well one of them has been repaired so many times I've basically remade it from scratch at this point.

Not quite, but almost.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

The worst is the dudes done up in corpsepaint or other poo poo. No rear end in a top hat, I am not here to see you.

The funniest however is the people in capes and leather wristbands for folk metal shows. :lol:

All of this is cool and better than normal clothes imo

Any push to turn non Halloween days into spooky dress up days is A++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Any push to turn non Halloween days into spooky dress up days is A++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjQYkApAYw