Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Having been in Minis in the height of UK summers I can assure you that they're not fun so I respect this effort to make the thing more comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Also he went through all that effort of making the blower assembly already, can't let that go to waste by not having AC

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/RspJyHy.gifv

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 5, 2018

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Gotta use url tags for videos, mang

This owns holy moly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bunch more pictures here

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359397/1985-pontiac-trans-am-kammback-concept/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:bisonyes:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Having been in Minis in the height of UK summers I can assure you that they're not fun so I respect this effort to make the thing more comfortable.

Also air conditioning is the best demister.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Owns but I'm forever peeved they didn't show a full-shot of the rear glass opened. It obviously can as there is a shot showing the rear cargo area with the rear glass up.

Those wheels too, dang. So rad.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

I've seen this photo a hundred times but I still don't understand how that center post pivots or folds to lower the glass. Is it actually a functioning vehicle or purely a piece of art?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

MetaJew posted:

I've seen this photo a hundred times but I still don't understand how that center post pivots or folds to lower the glass. Is it actually a functioning vehicle or purely a piece of art?

There's a few angles of how the door pivots around in this video here; the door floats on a funky offset hinge, separate from the console attached to the floorboard that the glass-prop-post folds down into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDEDDqRNyQ&t=105s

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

thanks now i have to spend the rest of this rainy monday researching hatch prototypes

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:siren: AI Secret Santa is up! :siren:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Vee Seventeen Ten.

where does the captain sit

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sandoz posted:

where does the captain sit

The captain straddles the engine like a horse.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's just the tractor unit, the driver rides in a flaming chariot behind it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Collateral Damage posted:

That's just the tractor unit, the driver rides in a flaming chariot behind it.

I like this option.

edit: It's a funny car, so he actually sits at the very rear, protruding from the top. You can't see the driver's cage due to the angle. Dud who built it was insane - that was his *first* Allison-powered drag car:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2012/01/18/rip-jim-lytle-a-power-crazed-genius/

Some of his other rides:

Also found this:

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 6, 2018

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Did someone make that hatch or is it something super rare like the small window one? Having ridden in the Fbody well on more than one occasion when I was younger and more flexible that hatch would have been great for head room and visibility in that situation. Even without that hatch the well still beat riding bitch in a third gen.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

shy boy from chess club posted:

Did someone make that hatch or is it something super rare like the small window one? Having ridden in the Fbody well on more than one occasion when I was younger and more flexible that hatch would have been great for head room and visibility in that situation. Even without that hatch the well still beat riding bitch in a third gen.

I still want a pickup bed conversion for 3rd gens. Ideally with roll bar and lights.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

So, an El Camaro, the ULTIMATE Mullet Machine?

Edit:
Hmmm...

NO.

:hurr:

Oh, hey, someone did the sport wagon thing on a fourth gen:

Pickup, too:

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 6, 2018

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Darchangel posted:

So, an El Camaro, the ULTIMATE Mullet Machine?

Edit:
Hmmm...

NO.

:hurr:

Oh, hey, someone did the sport wagon thing on a fourth gen:

Pickup, too:

1, 2, and 3 are just sad, and number 4 could work if we could fix the tail light situation. Number 5 is a clear winner and I’d drive it all day every day.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I need a GTV6. :(

Edit: VVV: Didn't pay that much attention as my thoughts instantly went to dreaming about GTV6 ownership. Absolutely love the Alfetta GTV look, and the busso is really the engine to go for. My "affordable classic dream car".

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 7, 2018

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
That one is a Turbodelta (Edit: stating the obvious. It says "Turbodelta" on the sill).

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Modus Man posted:

1, 2, and 3 are just sad, and number 4 could work if we could fix the tail light situation. Number 5 is a clear winner and I’d drive it all day every day.

I'm a fan of Angry Earl's FC RX-7 drift pickup, Truckasaurus Rex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_PYaOFCxeE

Without all the drift wreckage and stickers, of course.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ I'd seen a few photos of that but the internet never followed up with others. I love it.

In other news I think I've found the dream car for my 9yr old self... Alfa Romeo P33 Cuneo from 1971.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The platonic ideal of wedge

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

There's also Smyth kit cars. UTE conversion kits for VW Jettas, Police Chargers and soon to be WRX's.

https://www.smythkitcars.com

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

^ I'd seen a few photos of that but the internet never followed up with others. I love it.

In other news I think I've found the dream car for my 9yr old self... Alfa Romeo P33 Cuneo from 1971.

It's...

It's beautiful. :swoon:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

McTinkerson posted:

There's also Smyth kit cars. UTE conversion kits for VW Jettas, Police Chargers and soon to be WRX's.

Spoiler tags because I want you all to have the same experience I just did:

:stwoon:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I have found the way I want to die.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I've got a folder full, because I want to build one, and make it better (first: a working tailgate.)
Earl used to post in the FC picture thread on RX7Club, and had his own thread on the car. He's got a FD dressed up like Toretto's red FD from FnF now. Which he still drifts.

quote:

Looks like a Pinewood Derby car from 10 year old me, done in full size.

McTinkerson posted:

I knew about the Jetta kits, but...

NoWake posted:

Mein Gott im Himmel!
:monocle:
:gizz:

I think I just solved my "I need a pickup, but don't really want a truck" problem.

MrYenko posted:

I have found the way I want to die.

Surprisingly, that's not how Jim Lytle died!

Edit: Oh, hey, Speed Scene did a bit on it (go to 37:14 if it doesn't go there automatically):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMu7hduxmMU&t=2229s
Jesus Christ, the steering wheel is practically attached to the back of the engine block on "Big Al", the '34 Tudor with the Allison.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 8, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Olympic Mathlete posted:

E-beaten!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

NoWake posted:

On one hand, I like the concept, and if I had "buy expensive stupid things because they make me laugh" money, I'd get one. On the other, hacking large chunks out of a unibody car is usually a bad idea. $3600 for the kit is actually better than I was expecting though, especially since it supposedly has "everything you need but the donor car".

boxen fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 8, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/TUGEPkc.mp4

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Snowy posted:

E-beaten!

Nah, I like that you said it with a picture.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dude got lucky to not get clocked or clotheslined by the ramp, but what's with the running away backwards?

edit: also, guess why ramps intended for loading things in pickups typically have a cleat at the tailgate end?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Or smashed all of his teeth out

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There really are easier ways to close a tailgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/HxIEJAK.gifv