Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ague Proof posted:

The Donnelly race was a little weird with just how different the polls were from the real result. I know Donnelly ran a bad campaign and demotivated his base with triangulating to blood and soil fascism* but he was up in polls and in the end it wasn't even close.

* Okay, putting it like that then it's not a surprise, but still he was up in the polls and it's not like he changed his position that much.

The margin is basically the turnout in Marion county and Bloomington. They had 15% higher turnout in the NW section next to Chicago because that's where Obama showed up to stump, but Donnelly never did anything around Indy and just assumed it was his. It was, but he needed it excited and he never tried, instead spending the last week making GBS threads all over progressive policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I think it's time to start leaving guillotines on the front lawns of Nazis.

We can just put a "Must be 48" tall to ride" sign on them to make it clear that they're not intended for children.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twice burned ice posted:

We can just put a "Must be 48" tall to ride" sign on them to make it clear that they're not intended for children.

I find this to be an acceptable compromise.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060615070890086400

It's odd that both Gillum and Nelson were ahead but never really equal to each other, but now they're both in recount territory. It's fishy. If only one of them was this close, that would make sense.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 8, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

twice burned ice posted:

(slaps child’s hand)

Ty-ler! No!”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

We're not going to know who won this race till Thanksgiving, will we?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

haveblue posted:

In the third post after the OP there is a Javascript snippet that will strip out every post that does not contain offsite content.

Bless you, friend.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I’d go with the chant,
“We can’t sleep cuz of you!
You won’t sleep cuz of us!”

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1060609799719714817?s=21

FWIW Marco Rubio is bitching about Democratic counties counting their votes. This doesn’t indicate the result will necessarily change but it might tighten the margins enough to trigger a hand-recount.

Tbh, wtf is taking so long. South Florida needs to hurry the gently caress up.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Eltoasto posted:

The margin is basically the turnout in Marion county and Bloomington. They had 15% higher turnout in the NW section next to Chicago because that's where Obama showed up to stump, but Donnelly never did anything around Indy and just assumed it was his. It was, but he needed it excited and he never tried, instead spending the last week making GBS threads all over progressive policies.

I'm from Indy but living in Chicago now. I was being served ads through election day about Donnelly's bipartisanship and how he was willing to work with both sides to 'secure our borders'

I'm sure ignoring Marion County didn't help much, but deciding that the best way to win an election that's essentially a referendum on Trump is to say you'll work to enact his racist policy seems like a pretty big mistake. He didn't just shoot himself in the foot; he cut the whole goddamn foot off.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Majorian posted:

But again, his kids weren't home. I'm not okay with threatening kids either, but that doesn't seem to be what happened here.

My argument was more directed at people like Trabinskof throwing around the "eh sometimes you terrorize/kill/otherwise harm a few kids to do justice, hey they started it" horseshit tbh

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sponsor boycotts, protest the man himself, enact stronger hate speech/libel laws, a wide array of options that do not involve threatening violence on children.

Tucker’s response to calls for his boycott was to expose the anonymous citizens who were doing the work of tracking his advertisers to his audience, which he knew would lead to death threats against them and their children, and did in fact lead to that.

Tucker doesn’t want to fight fair, so why do you insist he be given the high ground before you enter the battle?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

It's happening:

https://twitter.com/GeoffMiami/status/1060614754614591488

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

selec posted:

Real show of solidarity with a millionaire propagandist here, you should be so proud.
That's disingenuous, he's clearly and explicitly having solidarity with a loving child.

Anyone who scares/hurts kids is a shitter. They do it to a heinous degree to kids who are already imperiled, yes, but the trick is fuckers like Tucker are still humans and popping out human offspring. You can't start to see them like black widows or evil space aliens or NPCs or other dehumanizing poo poo. That's their advantage over you in this game: they get to do that because evil doesn't give a gently caress about humanity.

Those parents are also going to be pouring fear into the hearts of their children on the unspeakable dangers of antifa supersoldiers, foreigners and other boogeymen. My mom still has a deep terror of communist states that lurks even though she's gotten pretty far to the left and objectively she knows it's just because of how she was raised in the 50s/60s. Feel bad that these kids are being damaged on developing a healthy empathy for adulthood, and maybe not celebrate when that damage is reinforced by people who ostensibly we're on the same side of.

I hope people instinctively throw trash at people like Tucker whenever he's seen in public, I hope when he's old and infirm and seeing his expiration date due to some terminal illness, that people are STILL throwing trash at him on the last day of good weather that he is able enough to go out and try to enjoy. I hope his kids grow up with a clear understanding of the kind of person he is, and he experiences getting a slow fade by his own children on things like being invited tepidly and at the last minute to thanksgiving and grandchildren's birthdays. But gently caress going after his kids.

EDIT: If the kids weren't home then this is fair game. His wife knows what she signed up for

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 8, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
His kids not being home at that exact time seems like a pretty weak defense. More protestors could easily show up at any time.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
All right, I'll bow out of this because I feel like it's getting too personal. Last year I had to pick up my frantic kid after his Jewish preschool was evacuated due to Nazi bomb threats. It hosed him up for a long time. Tucker Carlson is utter scum and deserves literally All The poo poo, but kids really don't deserve to go through poo poo like that, not my kid, not his.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

twice burned ice posted:

"must be 4488 to ride"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

selec posted:

Tucker’s response to calls for his boycott was to expose the anonymous citizens who were doing the work of tracking his advertisers to his audience, which he knew would lead to death threats against them and their children, and did in fact lead to that.

Tucker doesn’t want to fight fair, so why do you insist he be given the high ground before you enter the battle?

Because "the other guy is loving evil" is not a license to become loving evil, you drooling loving idiot.

I want to put a stop to cruelty, not become more tactically and efficiently cruel.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tucker's kids possibly losing some sleep isn't the end of the world.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The margin for Nelson keeps narrowing, and it looks like Gillum's margin slipped under 40K too.

How many outstanding votes are estimated left?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

Because "the other guy is loving evil" is not a license to become loving evil, you drooling loving idiot.

I don’t think his kids should be targeted, but I think the responsibility is on him to protect them. All he has to do is keep them and a nanny with him constantly and suddenly protesting him at any time is now off limits by the metric you’re proposing.

If the new rule is “not in front of the kids” then you’re naive to think that the GOP won’t weaponize that by dragging their kids everywhere they go.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lightning Knight posted:

I find this to be an acceptable compromise.

Sometimes kids get really tall though

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Where are people even getting that the protest targeted his kids? At most there was one person in the background of a video mentioning bringing a pipe bomb which clearly didn't happen or was part of the actual message of the group. It feels like the protesters were yelling at him to leave the neighborhood and he's using his kids as a way to gain sympathy.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060615070890086400

It's odd that both Gillum and Nelson were ahead but never really equal to each other, but now they're both in recount territory. It's fishy. If only one of them was this close, that would make sense.

Holy poo poo, a 25,000 vote difference between Gillum and Nelson? That's super fishy. And in a county that's 70% Dem. That's 17,000 votes!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Groovelord Neato posted:

No but making bomb threats against their home is.

Like if you want to argue that it’s an acceptable risk then argue that but I don’t think what we’re discussing should be downplayed here. They may not have been home now, but they could be when someone tries it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DeSantis and Scott will lose on recount days after the fact and it’s gonna own

Kale
May 14, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Even Captain Disillusion has been dragged into this...

https://twitter.com/CDisillusion/status/1060564297103917056

This is straight uo ministry of truth poo poo

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

twice burned ice posted:

Must be over 1488mm to ride.....

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

selec posted:

I don’t think his kids should be targeted, but I think the responsibility is on him to protect them.

gently caress all the way off with this horseshit

This is literally the exact same logic that leads chuds to go "IF THE ILLEGALS DIDN'T WANNA LOSE THEIR KIDS THEY SHOULDA STAYED ON THEIR SIDE OF THE LINE"

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 8, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Groovelord Neato posted:

Personally, I hope it opens their eyes to what a monster their dad is and turns them hard left

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

interesting thread about Ohio:

https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1060594526241411075

basically, the take-away is that Ohio may be permanently shifting red, as it's a state that's basically in the process of dying and turning into Indiana, because it's dominated by white rural voters without a college education in towns that are basically dying, and every educated young person gets the hell out

That's a good thread, but what is with the "It's time to talk about ________," headline format that seems so popular on social media.

I guess it gets the clicks, but it annoys me. I'm a grumpy old man and that turn of phrase reminds me of someone trying to lecture me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brony Car posted:

That's a good thread, but what is with the "It's time to talk about ________," headline format that seems so popular on social media.

I guess it gets the clicks, but it annoys me. I'm a grumpy old man and that turn of phrase reminds me of someone trying to lecture me.

I'd rather they do a short intro to their thread than having the first tweet be 1/3 of a complete thought tbh

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crow Jane posted:

Personally, I hope it opens their eyes to what a monster their dad is and turns them hard left

I imagine it would do the opposite tbh, which isn’t a big deal but it is what it is.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is bullshit. A child having their safety threatened has larger impacts than "losing some sleep".

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brony Car posted:

Yeah, I think that's the point, though - either way, it gets clicks. If you like it, you click and read the thread. If it annoys you, you still click and read the thread, albeit partially out of annoyance.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

This is bullshit. A child having their safety threatened has larger impacts than "losing some sleep".

i meant them being noisy at the home not actually bombing the children.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

twice burned ice posted:

Can we make the signs "Must be 48" tall or Jeff Sessions to ride"?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Hey guys what's going on today?

thread posted:

unironic advocating for violence against children

:yikes:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Groovelord Neato posted:

i meant them being noisy at the home not actually bombing the children.

Gotcha. I thought you meant that more in a "can't fall asleep from fear" type of deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Can we make the signs "Must be 48" tall or Jeff Sessions to ride"?

I think it's pretty well understood that he's on the list.