Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Say Nothing posted:

Anyone know the source?

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/columns/136227-on-the-other-hand-6-matter-eater-lad.html

Looks like relatively recent Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Push El Burrito posted:

I was hoping what with Mysterio breaking into the Ultimate universe there would be a cool rear end Council of Mysterios out there doing special effects all over the place.

it looks like a Council of Mysterios but it's really just a couple of mannequins and some mirrors.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mysterio broke into the Ultimate Universe? The universe that was destroyed? It's like a burglar breaking into an abandoned building and being excited that he'll be able to sell all this dynamite someone left strapped to the columns.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

Mysterio broke into the Ultimate Universe? The universe that was destroyed? It's like a burglar breaking into an abandoned building and being excited that he'll be able to sell all this dynamite someone left strapped to the columns.

I remember a comic storyline that involved an empty/destroyed universe that was being used as a hideout by somebody. Maybe it was the guy with the CD-ROM drive in his hat?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

Prior to that. It was the plot of Spider-Men (Miles and 616 Peter meeting for the first time). Mysterio found a bridge/gap between 616 and the ultimate universe so he used a robot/LMD he controlled (from 616) to dick around and be Mysterio in that one too.

This same bridge/gap was then used during the Hunger storyline (Galactus sent to the Ultimate universe at the end of Age of Ultron) to travel to 616 and find out info on Galactus.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

TwoPair posted:

Jason Aaron's continued efforts to get Thor in the most ridiculous fights possible goes on in Thor #6: Old King Thor and a Phoenix-powered Wolverine are fighting to save the world from Doctor Doom, who has over the years stolen/captured a bunch of powers like the Iron Fist, a Spirit of Vengeance, the Star Brand, and the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme. Doom just hit Thor with a Penance Stare which did a real number on him.

Holy poo poo that is amazing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

It was before Ultimate got destroyed. Spider-Men (the miniseries not the characters) showed that Ultimate Mysterio was just 616 Mysterio in a different outfit*. He stumbled across a portal between worlds entirely by accident.

*he might have actually been remote operating a robot from the 616 side, can't quite remember.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

As it was posted above it was in Spider-Men, the crossover between Miles and Peter well before Secret Wars. But also to note, the Ultimate Universe still exists and was show recently in Al Ewing's Ultimates I believe.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

X-O posted:

As it was posted above it was in Spider-Men, the crossover between Miles and Peter well before Secret Wars. But also to note, the Ultimate Universe still exists and was show recently in Al Ewing's Ultimates I believe.

The Ultimate universe, or a version thereof, does still exist; that was the whole plan in Bendis's Spider-Men II, that somebody in 616 wanted to cross back over there.

Ewing's Ultimates featured the Maker recreating 1610 Cap, Tony, Janet, Hank, and Hulk to fight on his behalf.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean, technically the 616 died at the start of Hickman's Secret Wars, but what we have now is close enough we just keep saying 616.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

I remember a comic storyline that involved an empty/destroyed universe that was being used as a hideout by somebody. Maybe it was the guy with the CD-ROM drive in his hat?

That was Prometheus from JLA.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

I mean, technically the 616 died at the start of Hickman's Secret Wars, but what we have now is close enough we just keep saying 616.

It's we all keep rounding. The new universe is 616.1

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

prefect posted:

Also, that's a story beat in Planetary, that the Four depopulated an alternate world so they could use it for extradimensional storage space.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wanderer posted:

The Ultimate universe, or a version thereof, does still exist; that was the whole plan in Bendis's Spider-Men II, that somebody in 616 wanted to cross back over there.

Ewing's Ultimates featured the Maker recreating 1610 Cap, Tony, Janet, Hank, and Hulk to fight on his behalf.

OK, then maybe it was Spider-Men II where they showed the Ultimate Universe where Peter was on the Ultimates with Spider-Woman, The Human Torch, and a new Ultimate Riri among others. Been a while since I read it. I knew it was in some book.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

OK, then maybe it was Spider-Men II where they showed the Ultimate Universe where Peter was on the Ultimates with Spider-Woman, The Human Torch, and a new Ultimate Riri among others. Been a while since I read it. I knew it was in some book.

That was Spider-Men 2.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wheat Loaf posted:

That was Prometheus from JLA.

Thanks, I couldn't remember his actual name. :tipshat:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Early review of Vault of Spiders:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm loving the resurgence of Toku-Spidey.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I don't think we have a disturbing panels thread, so let's put them here instead.

Immortal Hulk #8:
The Hulk has been captured by a suspicious organization. Beware, body horror ahead.

Then, near the end of the issue:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Anyone wear his hands like gloves?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05102006

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

DO NOT SHOOT THAT HEAD, TEODOR! YOU ARE A LOT OF THINGS, BUT YOU ARE NOT A GUY THAT SHOOTS A HEAD!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Well, that's a new way to deal with the hulk as a character.

I kind of like it.

I mean, presumably he's still "alive" when in chunks, but all the chunks need to be in proximity before they can do anything, right? Otherwise it's more suspended animation.

I'm already seeing a story line where it is like the above, Hulk is in literal pieces, strewn about the country/world and someone has to Castlevania all over the place to bring the parts back and reform him. But rather than just being kept in jars

Professor Wayne posted:

Anyone wear his hands like gloves?

exactly this. Someone is using his hands as gloves which let you do his big clap moves. Another person has his legs and it lets him jump and run. Someone else is using his torso as a tank, and another guy is carrying Hulk's heart in his chest.

Call it Hulk: Disassembled or Some Assembly Required. If Hawkeye is still getting poo poo for "killing" him in CW2, he's the main guy and this is his redemption for that.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Wasn’t there a movie called Body Parts that had the same idea?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CzarChasm posted:

exactly this. Someone is using his hands as gloves which let you do his big clap moves. Another person has his legs and it lets him jump and run. Someone else is using his torso as a tank, and another guy is carrying Hulk's heart in his chest.

Call it Hulk: Disassembled or Some Assembly Required. If Hawkeye is still getting poo poo for "killing" him in CW2, he's the main guy and this is his redemption for that.

I want to see the guy with the hands do a big clap and blow his arms clear off. (Actually, isn't that clap power mostly going to be a function of the chest and arm muscles?) Hulk-heart guy's blood pressure would probably be so high, blood squirts out of his head like a fountain. I am 100% in favor of reading this. :D

Kind of like this, is what I'm thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI
(Robocop 2 screenwriter: Frank Miller)

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 8, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is the one time where the giant monster eating the bad guy turned out fine.

I was kinda pissed when Old Man Logan pulled that one, it's the first rule of the giant monsters book, come on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hawkeye can use the fists for arrows

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Retro Futurist posted:

Hawkeye can use the fists for arrows

That's Deadpool's shtick.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That's my secret, Captain. I always have explosives inside me.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 8, 2018

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

That's my secret, Captain. I always have explosives inside me.

Technically this can even be true if you take nitroglycerin for a heart condition

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Well, that's a new way to deal with the hulk as a character.

I kind of like it.

I mean, presumably he's still "alive" when in chunks, but all the chunks need to be in proximity before they can do anything, right? Otherwise it's more suspended animation.

Yeah, the issue starts with a bunch of scientists dissecting his heart and it's just a big green inanimate heart, but when they bring it back to the room with the other Hulk parts, the halves heal back together and it starts beating.

quote:

I'm already seeing a story line where it is like the above, Hulk is in literal pieces, strewn about the country/world and someone has to Castlevania all over the place to bring the parts back and reform him.

"It was not by Hulk's hand that Hulk is once again given flesh. Hulk was called here by puny humans who wish to pay Hulk tribute!"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 9, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

“What is a Avenger? A miserable little pile of secrets!”

Checks out.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Open Marriage Night posted:

“What is a Avenger? A miserable little pile of secrets!”

...or Hawkeye.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think most of us are Hawkeye.

Girls get to be the good Hawkeye, but still Hawkeye.

These forums are Hawkeye all the way down.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Beachcomber posted:

I think most of us are Hawkeye.

Girls get to be the good Hawkeye, but still Hawkeye.

These forums are Hawkeye all the way down.

Not me, I'm :haw:-guy.

:haw:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grendels Dad posted:

Barney?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Suleman posted:

I don't think we have a disturbing panels thread, so let's put them here instead.

Immortal Hulk #8:
The Hulk has been captured by a suspicious organization. Beware, body horror ahead.

I think they're trying to make a big deal of the hulk deliberately killing someone, but considering the fact that in issue two he rips off some semi-immortal guys arms and legs and dumps him in a pit so he can suffer alone for (potentially) forever, what he's doing here doesn't seem so bad.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 9, 2018

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Grendels Dad posted:

The Haw photoshop thread from years ago was one of the things that pushed me to get an account. Too bad most of those image links are probably dead. :rip: :haw: :rip:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

I'm already seeing a story line where it is like the above, Hulk is in literal pieces, strewn about the country/world and someone has to Castlevania all over the place to bring the parts back and reform him. But rather than just being kept in jars...

...someone is using his hands as gloves which let you do his big clap moves. Another person has his legs and it lets him jump and run. Someone else is using his torso as a tank, and another guy is carrying Hulk's heart in his chest.

This sounds a lot like Steel Ball Run, except there, the body being reassembled is of Jesus Christ himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
I haven't read Invincible in years, but I remember there being a big fight with a mustached older enemy that ended in Invincible punching so hard that he broke open both of his arms. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I think it'd count as a "badass panel".

I know it ends with this scene

https://imgur.com/a/hsW4n1h

but I can't find the fight in-sequence anywhere.