Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

colbert is dead to me

:colbert:

I am catching up, what did Colbert do??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Gevena convention.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

twice burned ice posted:

I think it's time to start leaving guillotines on the front lawns of Nazis.

We can just put a "Must be 48" tall to ride" sign on them to make it clear that they're not intended for children.

But that leaves out Ben Shapiro

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bullfrog posted:

Where the hell is this "broke down the door" thing coming from

It's kind of amazing how rapidly we rush to adopt right wing media framing even here

What if . .. you might wanna sit down here . . .

. . . Literally every word out of Republicans' mouths is a lie

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Spaced God posted:

That's important and therefore will never be discussed in this thread
Huh, so there is an equivalent to "Why won't the media cover this story I heard on fox?". I wouldn't have guessed.

I'm not sure it's going to make a difference, except that now there's a specific policy to point to in court rather then going by what they were doing already. Wasn't the decision to refuse entry at legal crossings then fast-track deportation to anyone caught crossing illegally specifically designed to prevent claims of asylum?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Tibalt posted:

Gevena convention.

Literally name one time when the geneva convention has ever stopped the united states from doing something

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Koalas Massacre posted:

Got decorum-ish about Tucker Carlson.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Koalas Massacre posted:

He :decorum:ed on Twitter

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas Massacre posted:

Check his Twitter @Stephenathome, the exact reason is probatable temporarily

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tibalt posted:

Gevena convention.

i don't trust the court system to follow the letter or spirit of the law. they are ideological and full of white supremacist monsters and you know this to be true.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I think there's a good chance that they will. mistaya already said it:

mistaya posted:

There's a lot of courts below the supreme court and trump doesn't own all of them. Even the Supreme Court has refused to hear some of the stupider stuff that's been sent up the chain.

We've gotten a lot of legal victories over trump's dumb policies, you can't :matters: them all.

Yeah, the courts are being packed with Heritage fuckwads, but they don't have a monopoly on them yet.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Yinlock posted:

I feel like the world would be a better place if people were as awesome as the right thinks they are

what if jim acosta was a republican slaying karate master instead of a total weenie

He is, we have unaltered video of his mic defense skills:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Majorian posted:

A lot of them live in Iran (and the broader Middle East), though, is my point.

Yeah cuz the Russians genocided the crap out of them like 150 years ago and sent the survivors running south in every direction.
They're not really indigenous of the area, they're descendents of recentish refugees.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Check his Twitter @Stephenathome, the exact reason is probatable temporarily

Gotcha. Sorry didnt realize it was related to the yt supremacist.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Spaced God posted:

Literally name one time when has the geneva convention ever stopped the united states from doing something
Hey i'm phone posting so what's the emote code for that "are you serious" bored emoji open hand smilie?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Koalas Massacre posted:

The usual, "your lives are worth less than my commute times" poo poo that the rich always do.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Majorian posted:

I think there's a good chance that they will. mistaya already said it:

Yeah, the courts are being packed with Heritage fuckwads, but they don't have a monopoly on them yet.

Yeah, and the people bringing suit will file in the 9th circuit or some other friendly court. There actually has been some of success fighting some of the more egregious Trump immigration bullshit by playing it smart.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Tucker Carlson can make his bad faith high ground claim all he wants, he's 100% shook as gently caress now, which is good. Every time he decides to ratchet up the hate a little, he's going to have to wonder, will it happen again?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Regardless of how you feel about Carlson deserving it or not (he does) it is terrible optics to do this. We cannot be in the business of condoning or enabling that poo poo because then it gives the power license to loving kill us.

That's why if you're going to subvert, loving subvert on the sly. Be the goddamned hammer, but use finesse.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Retro42 posted:

Yeah, and the people bringing suit will file in the 9th circuit or some other friendly court. There actually has been some of success fighting some of the more egregious Trump immigration bullshit by playing it smart.

While you are not wrong, this is a barrier that is being steadily eroded. Under present conditions it will eventually fail.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/74105002536341504

(i didn't mention his name)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

(i didn't mention his name)

That's a bold move, let's see how that plays out

e: :hmmyes:

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1060656710979895296

"The ACLU put out a short statement saying it's illegal to do that."

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Eh, gently caress it.....

Tucker Carlson.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Fucker Snarlson

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Departing for the 5pm protests now, hopefully will survive the loving literal sleet storm happening outside right now and report back to the thread later.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like getting probated for this dumb poo poo would be pretty funny but then I'd have a gif of that fucker's face on my rap sheet forever and I just can't carry that weight, godspeed everyone

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tibalt posted:

I dunno, man, you accepted someone else's scenario and premise that that actually, political violence is good.

I mean, yeah, fact checking but there's some special circumstances here.

political violence, especially hypothetical political violence, against one of the leads of the mainstream white supremacist movement is cool and good. The sides aren't equal, it's objectively good to make someone who's probably in the top 3 of the outright white supremacist voices that we just let be a mainstream figure for some reason scared of violence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harrow posted:

I feel like getting probated for this dumb poo poo would be pretty funny but then I'd have a gif of that fucker's face on my rap sheet forever and I just can't carry that weight, godspeed everyone

oh we get a fun TuckerFace.gif? In that case Tucker Carlson

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

From Atlanta

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Crow Jane posted:

Fucker Snarlson

CuckHer Parseltongue

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Now that that's over, how do we go about ceding Florida back to Spain, can we just unilaterally renege on the annexation treaty?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Someone award acosta his blackbelt already

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

political violence, especially hypothetical political violence, against one of the leads of the mainstream white supremacist movement is cool and good. The sides aren't equal, it's objectively good to make someone who's probably in the top 3 of the outright white supremacist voices that we just let be a mainstream figure for some reason scared of violence.
Let's agree to continue this discussion after Arty-pay Lane-pay is asleep friend

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

JasonV posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1060656710979895296

"The ACLU put out a short statement saying it's illegal to do that."

they make a pretty good point, tbh

this is part of the general post-election post-Sessions distraction effort, except they forget that people actively don't care about covering immigration news

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'd say The Name but I want my rap sheet to remain gifless however I did just realize if you do the swap-the-first-letters-of-the-name thing the first word is Cucker and I've been giggling about that for about five minutes.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Now that that's over, how do we go about ceding Florida back to Spain, can we just unilaterally renege on the annexation treaty?

Civil War 2: Nah, go ahead, we won't stop you this time

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

the next person who utters the name tucker carlson from their figurative lips in this thread is enjoying a visit to probation island

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

evilweasel posted:

yeah this is entirely my fault for repeating something i cannot now identify where i heard it and i apologize

Eh, we've all done that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I endorse this message.