Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

enraged_camel posted:

Oh poo poo, looks like Twitter just removed the Like button!

Did they? The heart is still there :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
:siren: Arizona data is incoming :siren:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I see hes done absolutely nothing to try and fix that poo poo since 2016.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Z. Autobahn posted:

I've seen a number of reasonable claims made that Whittaker's appointment is illegal on a number of technicalities. What's the next step on that? Does someone need to sue, or a judge weigh in?

The next step is we discover one more rule that it turns out you were always able to break with impunity

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Carol, you are too Sauvignon drunk to be posting, the Uber has been outside the essential oil MLM party waiting for you for 8 minutes, and 2016 isn’t ever, ever coming back.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Z. Autobahn posted:

I've seen a number of reasonable claims made that Whittaker's appointment is illegal on a number of technicalities. What's the next step on that? Does someone need to sue, or a judge weigh in?
If it's not a legitimate appointment, the government has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Just got back from attending my very first protest ever, my local #ProtectMueller one which was down the street so I had no excuses. They even had paper and markers so I made a dinky sign there. I've still got a lot of personal poo poo going on but am looking forward to getting more active when I can!

"Help Bob Keep His Job" is a good chant, imo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I uh, hope that this was taken out of context. Because, yikes.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Grape posted:

He's more penis than thumb.

:hai:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

That confused old grandpa racism.

This is why the boy needs to endorse a successor or this poo poo will tear him to shreds in any primary he ever finds himself in again.

I don't even think the spirit of what he's saying is necessarily wrong ("whites are gonna white and will get more comfortable with race as they're exposed to it") but I'm not gonna defend his tonedeaf wording. That said let us be 100% clear, 99% of Democrats in congress right now would tell you straight up that voting for Trump doesn't necessarily make you racist. this poo poo is deeply ingrained :decorum: To a certain kind of white person, calling another white person racist is the same as calling black people the n-word.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 9, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

You know the take is dumb enough without you adding this even dumber spin on top of it, right

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
[a bunch of people who want you to vote for candidates who worked as prosecutors enforcing the racial caste system] uh this Bernie guy...super racist. Watch out!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SINEMA CURRENTLY HAS THE LEAd IN ARIZONA

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

Oh poo poo, looks like Twitter just removed the Like button!

i can still like my tweet i sent to Marco Rubio an hour ago where its the pig that pooped on his own balls :colbert:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe post the data:
https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/4/0
Sinema has a 2000 vote lead now.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

You know the take is dumb enough without you adding this even dumber spin on top of it, right

You know that actual black peole said this first, right?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

SINEMA CURRENTLY HAS THE LEAd IN ARIZONA

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1060684161189466112

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The most friendly county to Sinema has yet to be counted!!!’

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mince Pieface posted:

You know that actual black peole said this first, right?

Sshhh you're spoiling the narrative

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So happy to get proven wrong

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How in the butts are they so slow at counting this race?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This and Florida would really help the senate Math, obviously.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

selec posted:

[a bunch of people who want you to vote for candidates who worked as prosecutors enforcing the racial caste system] uh this Bernie guy...super racist. Watch out!

who exactly are these bunches of people

btw i was a bernie voter but grampa needs to get off the phone and go to bed, he's been up too late

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I would have gone to my local protest but I live in a smaller city that, according to the county maps, isn't big enough to out-vote its own suburbs in terms of Republicans, so the county is always red. Also I've found literally nothing about it on social media so I'm not even sure enough people showed up to make anything other than pro-Republican headlines (though from what I see the northeast is getting massive crowds). And I barely got any sleep last night so am already about to collapse.

If Mueller gets fired I'll make no excuses, and if I were in NYC or a major metro area I'd have gone for sure, but I'm with you all in spirit.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Deified Data posted:

The next step is we discover one more rule that it turns out you were always able to break with impunity

or alternatively, one more thing Trump gets told to gently caress off on

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

SourKraut posted:

So happy to get proven wrong

Being in 2018 means saying whatever you want with unwarranted confidence and never saying you're sorry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1060685520664174592

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Vic Berger is good:
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1060607432206893056

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'd ask for a similar poll of Florida but we all know nobody is actually born in Florida

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Mdixon55/status/1060682437657792513

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

As a word of warning there's still a lot of votes in AZ apparently, so this expect more movement and don't be surprised if Sinema ends up behind again.

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Mince Pieface posted:

who exactly are these bunches of people

btw i was a bernie voter but grampa needs to get off the phone and go to bed, he's been up too late

who do you trust to pick up the baton? because I don’t know who that is supposed to be. I haven’t seen the candidate committed to the things I want and this country needs who doesn’t hedge or use weasel words like “access to health care”. I’m open to the idea, it’s just that most of the rest of the field simply don’t have a record that encourages us to trust them to fight the way Sanders does and will.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Maybe post the data:
https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/4/0

Time for an oldie but a goodie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

farraday posted:

As a word of warning there's still a lot of votes in AZ apparently, so this expect more movement and don't be surprised if Sinema ends up behind again.

I haven’t gone through the results of this ballot dump but if it’s true that Pima County’s dump hasn’t occurred yet then that’s huge for Sinema though, since it was splitting 57-43 last I looked for Sinema and even the largest McSally-heavy county that could impact that has less than half of Pima’s population.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

twice burned ice posted:

Saying this guy looks like a thumb would be an insult to thumbs

Looks more like a big toe to me.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You're welcome America :smug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do you think Trump is even aware that this is happening right now? He’s probably totally oblivious that the elections aren’t over.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

selec posted:

who do you trust to pick up the baton? because I don’t know who that is supposed to be. I haven’t seen the candidate committed to the things I want and this country needs who doesn’t hedge or use weasel words like “access to health care”. I’m open to the idea, it’s just that most of the rest of the field simply don’t have a record that encourages us to trust them to fight the way Sanders does and will.

In a few years, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

It's getting heady in here again folks

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The difference between having to flip 4 Senate seats in 2020 and flipping 5 is incredibly huge, btw.

Just reiterating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

SourKraut posted:

I haven’t gone through the results of this ballot dump but if it’s true that Pima County’s dump hasn’t occurred yet then that’s huge for Sinema though, since it was splitting 57-43 last I looked for Sinema and even the largest McSally-heavy county that could impact that has less than half of Pima’s population.

Don't get me wrong, recount, no recount, or more ballots to come, being in front is better than the opposite, but with a complete lack of clarity on where ballots are, please no one convince yourself the ongoing count means Sinema is now definitely going to win.