Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Arist posted:

It's really weird that DiU would adapt like seven chapters in a single episode at its peak and we're back down to like three now.

Not really trying to complain, just wanna see the bullet gremlins.

they're bringing in content from later to make it fit better

they know what they're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God, I forgot how much i loving love that the enemy put a boat on their boat and that's that. When They realize that the enemy stand user couldn't be in the boat, the only logical conclusion both users left could come with is that the bad guy put a boat on their boat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Surprised we didn't see our sexy boys dance this week but that means we have a real treat next.

Probably the weakest of the VA eps to date but still good.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Johnny Joestar posted:

they're bringing in content from later to make it fit better

they know what they're doing

DiU did this too, they changed the order of the Cinderella and Kira wants a quiet life episodes, which I think works better because it explains what Koichi was up to during the episodes when Shigechi was introduced

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I'm really looking forward to the next episode because I completely forgot what the next enemy's stand can do. All I remember is that there was a truck chase.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dragonwagon posted:

I'm really looking forward to the next episode because I completely forgot what the next enemy's stand can do. All I remember is that there was a truck chase.

IIRC, spoiled in case you dont wanna remember Kraftwerk can freeze thigns in place. He uses it to stop Mistas bullets and then walks up them like a staircase

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

based davidpro

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't check the manga right now, but was the Soft Machine fight framed like this?

It looks like Bruno is fighting a fly. Which somehow would not be the most ridiculous fight in the series.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darke GBF posted:

based davidpro
This is almost line for line something Gyro tells Johnny.

I love it!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't check the manga right now, but was the Soft Machine fight framed like this?

It looks like Bruno is fighting a fly. Which somehow would not be the most ridiculous fight in the series.

To an extent, yeah:

There's more panels like those but none of them place quite so much emphasis on the fly.

e: unless you meant the specific framing of that shot, in which case, no, Davidpro added that and I'm glad of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

This is almost line for line something Gyro tells Johnny.

I love it!

also a direct refutation of diavolo's way of thinking, in context of part 5

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

To an extent, yeah:

There's more panels like those but none of them place quite so much emphasis on the fly.

e: unless you meant the specific framing of that shot, in which case, no, Davidpro added that and I'm glad of it

Yeah the specific framing of that shot and the one after.

I'm glad of it too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Putting Abbacchio's backstory here makes an immediate echo between his partner's sacrifice and Giornio's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When you disagree with your friend's favorite Jojo OP

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

God, I forgot how much i loving love that the enemy put a boat on their boat and that's that. When They realize that the enemy stand user couldn't be in the boat, the only logical conclusion both users left could come with is that the bad guy put a boat on their boat.

I always read it not as "they worked out he put the boats together" and more just Bruno saying "You're stuck on the boat too, and by sinking it, you'll either have to come out or drown".

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Relocating Abbacchio's past to this episode is an odd choice, since having it in the Man in the Mirror fight explains why Abbacchio prioritizes completing the mission over saving Fugo, and why he clashes against Giorno when he wants to jeopardize the mission by rescuing Fugo and Abbacchio.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I always read it not as "they worked out he put the boats together" and more just Bruno saying "You're stuck on the boat too, and by sinking it, you'll either have to come out or drown".

Buccellati was absolutely counting on there being a second boat. If not, he would have like, drowned because it's not like you can just un-sink a boat by re-zipping it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He could just unzip the sea. Like Moses.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forgot Abbacchio was in Man In The Mirror, I'm excited to see more Moody Blues

the only other thing I remember Moody Blues doing was flying the plane and it wore a little pilots hat

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I forgot Abbacchio was in Man In The Mirror, I'm excited to see more Moody Blues

the only other thing I remember Moody Blues doing was flying the plane and it wore a little pilots hat

Moody Blues dressed as a pilot is my #2 wish for the anime, after The Dance next week hopefully.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

They relocated his backstory so they could spend the entire next episode on The Dance.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Daxing Dan posted:

Relocating Abbacchio's past to this episode is an odd choice, since having it in the Man in the Mirror fight explains why Abbacchio prioritizes completing the mission over saving Fugo, and why he clashes against Giorno when he wants to jeopardize the mission by rescuing Fugo and Abbacchio.
If the opposite is possible, I don't like having a character's backstory happen just at the right time to explain their motivations or build sudden sympathy (yet I like one piece so idk lol) so having it here to establish Abbacchio as someone devoted to Bruno and then asking the viewer to apply that knowledge on their own later on down the road to understand his actions is interesting and cooler imo

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

They relocated his backstory so they could spend the entire next episode on The Dance.

Please be true! DavidPro i'm counting on you.

Was slightly disappointed to see the cold open on policeman Abbacchio only because it made it obvious we wouldn't get the torture dance this week.

The Moody Blues reveal was pretty cool but I wasn't so sure about the sound effects they used for him. Sounded like a telephone and a tape rewind?

Oh well next week we're going to get the double whammy of the dance and the intro of everyone's favourite bullet gnomes!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Night Goat posted:

The Moody Blues reveal was pretty cool but I wasn't so sure about the sound effects they used for him. Sounded like a telephone and a tape rewind?

An answering machine beep and a tape rewind. Which, considering Moody Blues' power, makes total sense.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
When Moody Blues is replaying Narancia listening to Buccellati talk about the treasure, it also replays the BGM from that scene in the last episode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

moody blues is so well done and it's another thing in a line of already really loving cool things the part 5 anime has done so far

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I really, truly cannot wait for Davidpro to get to Abbaccio being absolutely, transcendentally spiteful during the Man in the Mirror fight where he gains the will to live through the mission just to prove Giorno wrong. It's almost Rohan levels of spite and I can't wait to see it realized on my television screen. I love this salty bastard man so much.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm still not a fan of how part 5's finale goes but if the anime can do it in a stylish way i might not even care as much anymore

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

moody blues is so well done and it's another thing in a line of already really loving cool things the part 5 anime has done so far

I loving love the noise it made when it was summoned

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

Moody Blues is one of my favorite stands and its absolutely in the running for Stands I Want the Most In Real Life. Its number two right behind Crazy Diamond.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BaDandy posted:

I really, truly cannot wait for Davidpro to get to Abbaccio being absolutely, transcendentally spiteful during the Man in the Mirror fight where he gains the will to live through the mission just to prove Giorno wrong. It's almost Rohan levels of spite and I can't wait to see it realized on my television screen. I love this salty bastard man so much.

Man in the Mirror is going to be amazing. The buildup of "trust me, we don't use Purple Haze until EVERY OTHER OPTION has been exhausted" makes it so excited when it finally does appear.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1060617568078176256

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 6 Stone Ocean - Heavy Weather Warning

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Expect My Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1060617568078176256

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 6 Stone Ocean - Heavy Weather Warning

Obligatory

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My favorite part of Moody Blues is saying the name out loud. It's something I've been thinking about for long time and I'm glad they somehow got someone who shouts Moody Blues exactly how I imagined it.

Come to think of it part 5 has a lot of stand names to say out loud.

STICKY FINGAHS

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Expect My Mom posted:

If the opposite is possible, I don't like having a character's backstory happen just at the right time to explain their motivations or build sudden sympathy (yet I like one piece so idk lol) so having it here to establish Abbacchio as someone devoted to Bruno and then asking the viewer to apply that knowledge on their own later on down the road to understand his actions is interesting and cooler imo

Agreed. I expect the anime to show the backstories of each gangstar during their first fight. So Mista's is next week probably!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Moody Blues dressed as a pilot is my #2 wish for the anime, after The Dance next week hopefully.

I found a leaked picture from that episode:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

Moody Blues is one of my favorite stands and its absolutely in the running for Stands I Want the Most In Real Life. Its number two right behind Crazy Diamond.

I'd want Heaven's Door, but sometimes I feel like what I really need is Hey Ya! :smith:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

This picture is from when Fugo gets got by Soft Machine.

Is that supposed to be corrosion from Purple Haze?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If he activated Purple haze wouldn't everyone be dead?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Purple Haze's ability is a virus, not acid, it shouldn't even do anything to non living things. Even then, Fugo tries not to use Purple Haze so I doubt he would

I assume it was just Fugo clawing at the paneling with an iron grip

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Hey speaking of, I saw it brought up on Twitter that moving Abbacchio's story up means that we might get Fugo's backstory during Man in the Mirror and if that's the case, Davidpro is truly spoiling us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BaDandy posted:

I appreciate that his entire character arc is just that he loving hates that smug prick giorno a whole bunch

Electric Phantasm posted:

it also somehow wouldn't even be the first time someone fought a fly

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 11, 2018