Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Donkeybrains is awake.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1061168803218948096?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He’s on AF1 flying to Paris right now. Time has no meaning to his toddler brain... more than usual, I mean.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm so loving sick of this idiot just saying random poo poo that pops into his head. I can't believe I once found this stupid fuckface endearing when I was a stupid kid and he was The Generic New York Businessman of tv and film.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061171030801158146

Kicking back with a cold one and celebrating the end of a war... nothing better!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
World War 1 was a pointless meat grinder and I wish Trump or his dad were on the banks of the Somme

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Uh, there are plenty of Dem Senators In their 50s and 60s who are intelligent, knowledgeable and effective. Harris, Wyden, Warner, to name a few. There are even a few older ones like Warren who are sharp as gently caress.

Indeed where can we possibly find a 20-year-old to replace Harris in denying transwomen medical care and defending prison overcrowding because more prisoners = more budget-balancing slaves.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Dick Trauma posted:

Kicking back with a cold one and celebrating the end of a war... nothing better!

On a related note, we fully support Saudi Arabia's continued war of aggression in Yemen no matter how many innocents they slaughter through illegal war crime tactics such as the blockade of food and medical supplies for civilians, and look forward to using military force to topple the Iranian government! - Donald Trump, probably

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The war in Yemen is good, because then we can have a celebration at the end. Nothing better.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Warner is one of the most crooked senators in the country and was all too happy to make bald-faced lies about what was in the deregulation bill he authored. Citing him as a positive example for leadership or government office is a sick joke.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What the hell is he even talking about? (im aware of the forest fires there)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's the same bullshit as when he talks about water in California. It means nothing but lets him sound tough to his idiot supporters.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
If we had started controlled burns sixty years ago and gotten ahead of global warming ten, we'd probably have different problems, but a lot less wildfires.

As it is, his brilliant plan is probably to let loggers clear cut all the remaining healthy trees and ignore the ones that died from drought, beetles, and fungus.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Uncle Wemus posted:

What the hell is he even talking about? (im aware of the forest fires there)

Republican talking point's blaming the liberals for fires because they don't allow clear cutting.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The entire west coast catches on fire every year because of climate change and the fact that we fight the fires. Naturally, the fires are supposed to start and burn out by themselves and clean up the undergrowth to allow new stuff to grow. We can't really deal with huge uncontrolled fires, so we put them out as they pop up.

What this does is build up the dry tinder on the forest floor indefinitely, until lightning or an arsonist strikes and we get massive blazes that burn so hot nothing can grow for way longer after they hit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/AltRockyNPS/status/1061170683873517568

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Trump is an expert in everything, we should just give him power over everything to usher in utopia.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

I think AOC should stay in the lower chamber for several election cycles, build her fundraising base, gain political experience and expand her understanding of major issues before running for a Senate seat. The stakes for Senate seats are much higher, after all.

You could literally take a random person sampled from "Americans who identify as strongly progressive" and they would be better than the vast majority of existing Democratic Senators.

edit: Basically it is dumb to treat being a politician like being an engineer or something. The #1 important thing is unequivocally ideology, and any sort of experience or expertise is a bonus once that standard has been met. Someone who is extremely skilled in pursuit of goals you disagree with (or isn't willing to use those skills towards the goals you agree with) is not particularly useful.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 10, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eox posted:

The entire west coast catches on fire every year because of climate change and the fact that we fight the fires. Naturally, the fires are supposed to start and burn out by themselves and clean up the undergrowth to allow new stuff to grow. We can't really deal with huge uncontrolled fires, so we put them out as they pop up.

What this does is build up the dry tinder on the forest floor indefinitely, until lightning or an arsonist strikes and we get massive blazes that burn so hot nothing can grow for way longer after they hit.

Note that like 90% of wild fires are human caused.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I honestly can’t tell which tweet is stupider but they are both amongst the stupidest.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mustached Demon posted:

Note that like 90% of wild fires are human caused.

Only because of climate change but yeah.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
“Deadly and costly” drat he put deadly first he is pro-life for sure.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

You could literally take a random person sampled from "Americans who identify as strongly progressive" and they would be better than the vast majority of existing Democratic Senators.

edit: Basically it is dumb to treat being a politician like being an engineer or something. The #1 important thing is unequivocally ideology, and any sort of experience or expertise is a bonus once that standard has been met. Someone who is extremely skilled in pursuit of goals you disagree with (or isn't willing to use those skills towards the goals you agree with) is not particularly useful.

Spoken like someone who has never been a politician. Go run for your neighborhood board chairman or HOA president, the stupidest and easiest of politician positions, and then come back and read what you wrote.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Only because of climate change but yeah.

Having a privately owned utilities company that refuses to invest in safe infrastructure isn't helping either.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

enraged_camel posted:

If Schumer goes, how are we ever going to know what the Baileys think?

The Baileys are monsters. They murdered the O'Reillys in cold blood and stole their kitchen table.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Skippy McPants posted:

Having a privately owned utilities company that refuses to invest in safe infrastructure isn't helping either.

But “electrical lines making sparks” isn’t the cause of the wildfire epidemic, it is “drastically reduced moisture content with much more frequent dry wind storms”.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Surprising no one, Republicans are the dumbest loving people when it comes to environmental stewardship and resource management.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 10, 2018

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

This tweet perfectly captures the idiocy of Trump because seriously what the gently caress is he proposing? Nothing, because of loving course he has no better idea. It’s astounding that anyone sees that tweet and doesn’t immediately see through the moron.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What is even the logic here? "I want this thing fixed right now, so if you don't fix it right now I'm going to make it impossible for you to fix it!"

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Stereotype posted:

This tweet perfectly captures the idiocy of Trump because seriously what the gently caress is he proposing? Nothing, because of loving course he has no better idea. It’s astounding that anyone sees that tweet and doesn’t immediately see through the moron.

He's (badly) trying to parrot the logging industry's line that we wouldn't have so many forest fires if we just cut down those gosh darn forests. Which is total bullshit, but hey, more money and some stupid liberal environmentalists to blame!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What is even the logic here? "I want this thing fixed right now, so if you don't fix it right now I'm going to make it impossible for you to fix it!"

It's the same logic as "if your school falls behind on standardized testing, we'll cut your budget". That is, "gently caress people we don't like (minorities, liberals) and pretend it's us helping them".

Stickman fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 10, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Stereotype posted:

But “electrical lines making sparks” isn’t the cause of the wildfire epidemic, it is “drastically reduced moisture content with much more frequent dry wind storms”.

I agree it's the root cause, I just wish PG&E—and while we're at it, all the farmers in the valley—would come to their senses and realize that poo poo isn't going to get any less flammable. We have to adapt to the change or the whole state is going to burn down.

Spoilers: the whole state is going to burn down.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

His logic is "gently caress Commiefornia, am I right my fellow chuds? Watch as I own those libs by pointing out how incompetent they are at a thing I could do easily, and also use it as an excuse to take their beloved government teat away from them so I can cut YOUR taxes again while they take one step closer into imploding into a third world hellhole just like they deserve for being the source/bastion of all that you hate."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sanguinia posted:

His logic is "gently caress Commiefornia, am I right my fellow chuds? Watch as I own those libs by pointing out how incompetent they are at a thing I could do easily, and also use it as an excuse to take their beloved government teat away from them so I can cut YOUR taxes again while they take one step closer into imploding into a third world hellhole just like they deserve for being the source/bastion of all that you hate."

It’s astounding because it is quite literally “gently caress You Fellow Americans” to people whose entire town was just destroyed.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Is the Trump thread coming back some time? I liked keeping abreast of the latest orange clown antics without the USPOL traffic (I'm not one of you chappies).

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Ratzap posted:

Is the Trump thread coming back some time? I liked keeping abreast of the latest orange clown antics without the USPOL traffic (I'm not one of you chappies).

It isn't, but feel free to use the control-f function to find Trump.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dick Trauma posted:

besides everything else, what weirdo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Stereotype posted:

It’s astounding because it is quite literally “gently caress You Fellow Americans” to people whose entire town was just destroyed.

This is the same man who told the entire island of Puerto Rico that he was going to cut off FEMA aid after a hurricane because the mayor of San Juan was rude to him.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ratzap posted:

Trump IS uspol!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Sanguinia posted:

I'm so loving sick of this idiot just saying random poo poo that pops into his head. I can't believe I once found this stupid fuckface endearing when I was a stupid kid and he was The Generic New York Businessman of tv and film.

What about him was ever endearing? He has never been anything.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Meridian posted:

What about him was ever endearing? He has never been anything.

Even before The Apprentice Trump would regularly pop in and cameo in a wide variety of movies and TV shows and was reasonably regular featured name in blue-collar society crap like entertainment news programs/magazines. Not to mention his relatively strong connection to Pro Wrestling, which I've watched since I was a child of about 10. He has a name and face that's easy to recognize and a personality that is almost a caricature. He's like a cartoon/funny pages vision of a New York Corporate Man, popped right out of a Marmaduke comic or something, and that kind of person in the realm of entertainment has always held a certain charm.

Yeah, in the years since he's become a Right Wind Media Stooge and then Nazi Dictator the sheer depths of how horrible he's always been at everything and toward everyone has come to light, but when you see him get into some stupid antic when you're 12 because your parents are watching Extra, or you see a commercial for him shilling some scam at 5am waiting for your saturday morning cartoons to start, or you see Stone Cold give him a stunner on Pay Per View, you didn't have that as a reason to be unhappy to see him, so instead you just got to smirk at the clown.

Who knew that clown was Pennywise all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ok, but for real, bring back the drat Trump thread. It was so much more of an entertaining read.