Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well maybe not so weird but still scary and hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I have a guaranteed counter to this.

I call it the Michigan J. Frog.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/evacide/status/1061012220417531904?s=19

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

oh they finally published my mixed tape

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah? no poo poo??

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ugh this fire singed my hands and touch id doesnt work

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Agile Vector posted:

ugh this fire singed my hands and touch id doesnt work

My hair is on fire and gait analysis keeps logging me in as Johnny Storm.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Ugh, my phone doesn't work because it's on fire!

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah solution is actually p. easy just put an insert into one of your shoes that messes up your gait any time you want to be anonymous

e: assuming you care enough to do it that is

they claim the system is robust against attempts to manipulate gait because it measures other things about your bod too

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

they claim the system is robust against attempts to manipulate gait because it measures other things about your bod too

fine gotta put a coat on too

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the base of it is probably approximating your basic skeletal measurements, then the degree of movement etc of all joints, and from there creating a feature vector where smaller variations wont mess up the matching confidence

youll probably need to gently caress with several features (stone in shoe, one of those elastic bandages around an elbow, too tight shirt to stifle neck/back movements, etc)

& finally youve got it and it turns out they have a catchall for people who walk outside some percentage of the norm and gulag you for being a substandard specimen

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

apple claims that the new mbp is good, andorid vendors claim they do security updates...its easy to claim stuff

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I burnt my index finger cleaning my vape and now I can't get into my phone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SpaceAceJase posted:

I burnt my index finger cleaning my vape and now I can't get into my phone

just keep sucking that robot dick until it nudges the phone to tell it you're cool

actually putting "robot dick" into usage here for anyone im out with who vapes

catching on

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gonadic io posted:

fine gotta put a coat on too

*asymmetrically paints face, styles hair*

*slides in buttplug*

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*asymmetrically paints face, styles hair*

*slides in buttplug*

can't wait until /r/everydaycarry starts including gait altering asymmetric buttplugs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
randomly vibrating/heating/cooling "analonymity" plugs

someone start the wiki

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
makeup that thwarts facebook creepers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

randomly vibrating/heating/cooling "analonymity" plugs

someone start the wiki

tfw you register your e-chastity belt with the internet of thongs but gently caress up the certs and shimmy shimmy shake for the gait tracking camera to verify instead of conceal :ohdear:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
at some point isn't it easier to just not do crimes?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

George posted:

makeup that thwarts facebook creepers

ill take what isnt a juggalo for 400 alex

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

syscall girl posted:

tfw you register your e-chastity belt with the internet of thongs but gently caress up the certs and shimmy shimmy shake for the gait tracking camera to verify instead of conceal :ohdear:

that relatable feel

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

Nuova Sicilia Ultima Penal Code Section 439(b)(2)(a) authorizes appropriately vested guardians to slap in/on/around the face persons whose on- or offline nomen personæ use the word "inferno" or its conjugations, pursuant to grants and limits set forth in 430–435. Further punishments to be determined per standard Dantean interpretation, if applicable.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
thankfully a name change is only like $8

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thankfully a name change is only like $8

Section 430 explicitly applies all further 400-level codes retroactively.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Krankenstyle posted:

it is actually weird and scary that the govt watches non-violent left wing groups while not paying the same attention to far more violent right wing groups (or doing so but not giving a gently caress)

the NYT had a huge article about how the feds ignored far-right terrorism forever because it was politically inconvenient to care and now that they are getting called out, they realized they have no idea where to start because they haven't been paying attention

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
they know exactly where to start it's just that it's the cops

and no one who wants to be a cop can or will cop cops

serpico was a f** is a common sentiment

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

eschaton posted:

that’s legitimately a serious risk in attempted infiltration of those groups

disgustingly even

'risk' implies that it hasn't already happened

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

law enforcement can't really infiltrate or police organizations made up of law enforcement

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i'm glad this article spends a good amount of time on the napolitano report because how republicans in congress responded to that was disgusting

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its china thats working on the gait recognition. the main crime there is doing stuff the govt doesn't like

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

look at this fuckin bootlicker

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

yeah, archie! let's get sushi and pay!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

its china thats working on the gait recognition. the main crime there is doing stuff the govt doesn't like

that's pretty much what crime is, by definition, yeah

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

how fortunate for you that you get to decide what is or is not a crime

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's pretty great, let me tell you.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it's pretty great, let me tell you.

*slap, slap*

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

that's pretty much what crime is, by definition, yeah

you know how trump keeps tweeting that it’s so bullshit he’s getting investigated and the fbi should ignore him and go after Hillary instead? if the fbi did what he wanted there it would be like how China works. that’s what I meant. I know it’s hip to be really cynical about govt and oppression and poo poo but there is a literal big data powered fascist dystopia building itself over there and the rest of the world has thankfully not quite gotten there yet

I think if we want to not end up there it’s important to keep sight of things like what laws are for, or should be for: restrictions that the people, through their legislative representatives, agree to abide by for the overall benefit of the people. not the government, and not our corporate overlords

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you know how trump keeps tweeting that it’s so bullshit he’s getting investigated and the fbi should ignore him and go after Hillary instead? if the fbi did what he wanted there it would be like how China works. that’s what I meant. I know it’s hip to be really cynical about govt and oppression and poo poo but there is a literal big data powered fascist dystopia building itself over there and the rest of the world has thankfully not quite gotten there yet

I think if we want to not end up there it’s important to keep sight of things like what laws are for, or should be for: restrictions that the people, through their legislative representatives, agree to abide by for the overall benefit of the people. not the government, and not our corporate overlords

lol

every government wants what china is going to have. most people want to live like china's citizens. china has already won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so, how's that supreme court thing working out?

• Locked thread