Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

soscannonballs posted:

Playing Epic 7 because my 2 friends that are really into Summoner's War type games are playing. They have been rerolling for hours and I got Sez on my second set of summons.

Is the gameplay similar to SW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
IMO it's a Knights Chronicle clone with a FGO aesthetic.

Vhak lord of hate fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 10, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

vulturesrow posted:

Is the gameplay similar to SW?

Very. It's presented slightly different but at the core combat is largely the same. Gear is basically runes right down to the upgrade path. Remains to be seen how the end game gear grind compares to runes though, I haven't explored the crafting stuff in much depth at all.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

DemonMage posted:

Very. It's presented slightly different but at the core combat is largely the same. Gear is basically runes right down to the upgrade path. Remains to be seen how the end game gear grind compares to runes though, I haven't explored the crafting stuff in much depth at all.

Can someone point to a succinct reroll guide?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I don't know if there's a specific guide, but this is what I did. I ran Nox(update yours to the most recent version of nox or else clients will get disconnect). Load up the game, don't bind your account to google play. Play through 1-5, use your summon tokens and all currency to do single summons. Hope for a Ravi, or a Haste. If you get one of the above, continue to 1-10 and then go through the 30 10 rolls, hope for something good there.

If get nothing, then you go into options and select reset, and it starts you over again from scratch. At this point, I would clone your Nox instance like 3-4 times, and then link your mouse so you can go through the reroll process with like 3-4 accounts at once. That's what I did.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

One thing I really like is that upgrading your gear isn't chance based like in SW. You can feed lovely gear into the gear you are wearing and its just another exp bar that fills up.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
My favorite part about phone games is re-rolling for potentially hours using an emulator in order to have a good experience.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Eat The Rich posted:

I'd love mount and blade warband on my phone

:same:

but have you considered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ_E5SC1OB0

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Seeing there isn't a guild yet I made one. Behold 'GoonSquad', because I am terrible at names and it only allows 9 characters.

Edit: Please put your hands up for US/EU officer spots so I can get actual sleep

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Applied as me.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Applied as SacSquid2.

Stupid name change before you rereroll.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I have applied as Huzzahdave

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

J3ng4 posted:

My favorite part about phone games is re-rolling for potentially hours using an emulator in order to have a good experience.

No you mean the pleasure and privelege of playing amongst such golden gods instead of stupid pubbies

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

No you mean the pleasure and privelege of playing amongst such golden gods instead of stupid pubbies

I mean I was assured last time this came up in thread that for some people rerolling until the lottery wins is fun

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You best reroll in this game for 2 5*, because rates in this game are straight loving trash.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zotix posted:

You best reroll in this game for 2 5*, because rates in this game are straight loving trash.

Wouldn't it be better to not play then?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I thought it's impossible to reroll for more than 1 5* at once?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is, but you also get about 5 free rolls from 1-4 to 1-10, if you count all the free gems and tokens they are giving out now, so you want to use those 5 rolls and hope for a 5* from that, along with 1 from the selective pull.

This is of course a stupid amount of effort for a pretty generic gatcha game, and i expect the hideous pull rates to cause the playerbase to shrink rapidly, even if the game does well early on due to a few mega whales.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Applied mechayahikoSA

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Guild needs orb and gold donations to grow past member cap, plus you get guild currency in return. Right now we are 6/11

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
For anyone who played Eternium a while back, there was a big update a day or two ago. Added a whole new act plus some sort of odd hub thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you go to 1-4 you can pull 7 times if you use the gems you've collected so far. If you go to 1-5 you can pull another time, and 1-5 is a short exploration mission. If you run like 4-5 nox clients, it's not bad to reroll.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just left my pubby guild, cool down appears to be a day. Keep a spot for me please!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Applied as BakaSA. Also am a pretty active EU player. Also also we should probably start a thread because this is around the time our puzzle friends are starting to get irritated.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I can't get the game running at a steady 60 or at least a steady framerate period and it's killing me inside cause I really like this game.

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
Applied to the Epic7 guild as WhichHorse

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Fenris13 posted:

It is, but you also get about 5 free rolls from 1-4 to 1-10, if you count all the free gems and tokens they are giving out now, so you want to use those 5 rolls and hope for a 5* from that, along with 1 from the selective pull.

This is of course a stupid amount of effort for a pretty generic gatcha game, and i expect the hideous pull rates to cause the playerbase to shrink rapidly, even if the game does well early on due to a few mega whales.
I wonder if whales will stick around long enough. Koreans are already bitching about the way the company is rebalancing stuff a few weeks into the game's life.

crz
Aug 19, 2013
Applied to the goonsquad guild as Qoks

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
Rerolled in Nox like crazy, and ended up with a spare Destina + Sez account on Global if anyone wants it; just have to deal with the dumb nickname. Will throw an invite at the guild once my countdown is over.

Edit: Username is Ezzy10

Ezelek fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 13, 2018

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ezelek posted:

Rerolled in Nox like crazy, and ended up with a spare Destina + Sez account on Global if anyone wants it; just have to deal with the dumb nickname. Will throw an invite at the guild once my countdown is over.
I'd love that account, I'll take any dumb nickname over not needing to reroll any more.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Applied as Strenots

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Applied to Goonsquad as Damegane.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Applied to Goonsquad as Killsion8

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I'd love that account, I'll take any dumb nickname over not needing to reroll any more.

Send me a PM with what email address you want the account attached to and I'll link it up when I get home from work.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Applied as Windborn

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Looks like the guild is full.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Contribute all you can daily, and make sure you fill guild member requests. Every level you can add another person.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
cool.

make a thread for the new game of the month.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

It's full at the moment. Is one of you 'ilovearmpits'? May have let in a pubby by mistake.

Should have more slots later today.

Edit: Please request aid for items you need and give them to each other. It pumps guild xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
Got Destina/Ravi. Good enough for a reroll? or do I really want to go for Sez?

Edit: Made a discord server if anyone is interested. I have limited experience running such a thing so if anyone wants to take it off my hands, by all means.

Edit2: Forgot to actually link the server like a big stupid idiot https://discord.gg/NqyKTKg

Giant Octopus fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 12, 2018