Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
still one of the funniest things in the jre universe is jamie yelling at eddie bravo about getting an a+ in physics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
That was really fun.

Teddy Atlas episode was pretty good. Loved hearing him rip on Tyson.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Morphix posted:

still one of the funniest things in the jre universe is jamie yelling at eddie bravo about getting an a+ in physics

It was good but Jaime sounds like he's gonna cry while he's yelling so that takes some fun out

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Evil Agita posted:

It was good but Jaime sounds like he's gonna cry while he's yelling so that takes some fun out

no thats what was so perfect about it

rogan's entire world is filled with dummies, in that moment, after having heard rogan be in amazement at jamies google skills (which were medicore at best) for countless episodes, to hear this genius try to defend the intellectual debate honor of whether the earth is flat or not by going there was loving hilarious

it just so encapsulates everything about what rogan's become, insecure old man who instead of doing the hard thing in life he's always harping on about and reading a loving book, that isn't about men hunting with other men, he instead listens to 2 hrs of someone who sounds smart and confirms his views (harris, peterson, any of the loving pseudo intellectual grifters) and than uses their bizzaro concepts and ideas to impress the even more gullible. for hours and hours every week. it's insane what he's become to what the show used to be. somehow we got a rogan opera style situation going and he's gone full talk show

edit- rogan always talked about how his dad situation was hosed. if i was to take a guess, I bet on some level, he enjoys being the dad to thousands/millions of confused young men around the country. he never acknowledges that relationship of course, in fact i think recently on twitter did the 'oh im just a journalist/comedian asking questions' in response to someone giving him poo poo about giving voice to right-wing shitheads. Buuuuut, I can't imagine there isn't like at least 30-50 peterson-fan types at everyone of his shows who go up to him after the show and tell him how daddy rogan has changed their life with kettlebells. poo poo must get to your head eventually. start seeing yourself as the voice of reason because so many fuckups tell you how reasonable you are.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 28, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Are you ok?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Time to adjust those meds

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Are you ok?

For real, lol.

Rogan is a comedian but I don't think he's ever made me laugh on his show. It's mostly the guests. Are any of his Netflix shows good?

Coffee guy Peter Giuliano, and the sleep diplomat are the best non comedian guests he's ever had.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

always be closing posted:

For real, lol.

Rogan is a comedian but I don't think he's ever made me laugh on his show. It's mostly the guests. Are any of his Netflix shows good?

Coffee guy Peter Giuliano, and the sleep diplomat are the best non comedian guests he's ever had.

I loled at his live show the times Ive been. One of them had the same material as the Triggered Netflix special. Hes not on the same level of funny as his regular guests like joey Diaz or segura tho.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Seltzer posted:

Are you ok?

sometimes

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

always be closing posted:

For real, lol.

His last special is decent.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Joe is always the worst part of any live podcast he is a part of.

Kill Tony 5th Anniversary and the 2016 election podcasts are springing to mind.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Joe like the anti-Bill Burr. Burr might be an idiot with a temper, but goddamn is he entertaining.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Firing up the Bert/Tom episode. This might be the first one I've listened to since the last Bert/Tom.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

XIII posted:

Firing up the Bert/Tom episode. This might be the first one I've listened to since the last Bert/Tom.

Thats next in line for me. Im disappointed the welcher isnt part of the episode.

Is the vegan guy vs paleo guy episode worth listening to all the way through? Im an hour in and its alright so far. Joe is letting them talk but obviously fighting for team meat.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

hot sauce posted:

Thats next in line for me. Im disappointed the welcher isnt part of the episode.

Is the vegan guy vs paleo guy episode worth listening to all the way through? Im an hour in and its alright so far. Joe is letting them talk but obviously fighting for team meat.

that's a good question, because I stopped after an hour. wasn't that interested in the topic to begin with, but they seem both level-headed.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The latest Dr. Rhonda appearance was good again. She's by far my favorite reoccurring guest. The beginning delves into the many potential issues of the carnivore diet and how those issues are also sometimes overlapping issues with vegetable only diets. Interesting stuff about placebo and nocebo as well. It moves on to a whole bunch of interesting stuff after that as well. Tldr everyone start eating raw broccoli sprouts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I always procure to eat my fruits and vegetables. :mmmsmug:

I'm curious, though: Is the Doc really better than Joey Coco or the MMA post-fight podcasts? :raise:

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
shes okay but acts like the connections and causal links are there when they arent. joey diaz is the best guest

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Dr Rhonda is basically that nerd stickman comic about how if you shoot a petri dish full of cancer cells with a pistol, the cells die, which means that bullets must be the cure for cancer.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Dr Rhonda is basically that nerd stickman comic about how if you shoot a petri dish full of cancer cells with a pistol, the cells die, which means that bullets must be the cure for cancer.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
she goes on about preliminary findings like they are relevant though

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

This couldn't be further from the truth.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

joseph "bill cosby" diaz famous for dosing bert kreischers dad, who else has dosed and passed out on his couch i wonder

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Joeys govt name is actually Jose :eng101:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

barkbell posted:

she goes on about preliminary findings like they are relevant though

True, but none of them are full out dumb or anything like other guests ideas. She talks about healthy fats being good for you, blueberries have good poo poo in them, broccoli sprouts are good for you, and saunas are cool and good. Her own podcast she has in depth discussions with authors of research papers discussing their findings. Overall better than most of the crazy nutritionist poo poo on the internet.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wow Roseanne finally went on. This should be an interesting couple of hours.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

what the heck, tyson fury and alex honnold in one day, and both episodes aren't even 2 hours long? what the hell happened

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

piratepilates posted:

what the heck, tyson fury and alex honnold in one day, and both episodes aren't even 2 hours long? what the hell happened

Not enough interest in purple haired teens and their sinister plans to destroy free speech so they had to be shuffled out early.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I'd agree with that. Joe isn't smoking weed so he isn't high enough to go on long tangents about what teenage girls have been writing online and how angry it makes him

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
What's the ess jay dubya discussion tally for this week? Are we going to hit the 4 hour mark or not?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Tyson Fury was awesome, can't wait to see that fight!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pocket Billiards posted:

What's the ess jay dubya discussion tally for this week? Are we going to hit the 4 hour mark or not?

I dont think so. The demand for this is a lot higher than the supply.

In other news, madflavor is on the latest episode <3 He also has a special on Netflix out today. Im going to check it out soon. In my experience his live shows have always been funny, if you enjoy his shtick

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Not only Uncle Joey, but the special has the main mommy herself Christina P. as well. I'm pretty excited to watch it tonight.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sober October recap was pretty good. I got a bit sick of the sixth or seventh time they blew themselves about how they worked out harder than anyone else in the world!!!! (Guess they can't imagine the fact that people in like say, marine corps training or similar are going harder than them).

Tom Segura is the funniest guy in the joe rogan podcast world.

Bert Kreitsher is a fat loving racist.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i never really remember anything about what Bert Shirtless says on the podcast or anything about him at all. Dunno why. Good thing I don't care. He's a decent comedian i guess?

e: well I remember him from the weight loss contest but that's it. I guess i don't find him very memorable

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 11, 2018

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

zapplez posted:

Bert Kreitsher is a fat loving racist.

what he say

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't Bert the guy whose College life's supposedly inspider Van Wilder?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i never really remember anything about what Bert Shirtless says on the podcast or anything about him at all. Dunno why. Good thing I don't care. He's a decent comedian i guess?

e: well I remember him from the weight loss contest but that's it. I guess i don't find him very memorable

I saw him in May and I thought it was his strongest material that ive seen. Of course he had to finish his set with the loving russia story and I stayed and listened to it because I didnt want to be the only one to bail upon hearing the first sentence

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

barkbell posted:

what he say

Fat racist poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Haverchuck posted:

I saw him in May and I thought it was his strongest material that ive seen. Of course he had to finish his set with the loving russia story and I stayed and listened to it because I didnt want to be the only one to bail upon hearing the first sentence

I saw him last month and I had never heard of him or the russia joke. He was pretty funny but the Russia joke was definitely his weakest material but everyone in the audience cheered when he started it.

Slotducks posted:

Fat racist poo poo

thats too bad