Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dekar
Feb 17, 2011

Bolow posted:

-Pyros weapons roll a total of 5 substats for each reroll
-Max of 200 substat per roll
-You can roll multiples of the same stat

So in theory you can get a weapon with +1000 Crit on it

So I got +65 Det with my first roll. ...How can I get rid of it so I can start rolling for good stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dekar posted:

So I got +65 Det with my first roll. ...How can I get rid of it so I can start rolling for good stats?

Fill your kettle with light then go allllllll the way north and reroll it at the forge. 2 Light per reroll

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Get two light crystals, use them to roll again. Rinse and repeat.

The Eureka discord thinks that the more rerolls you do, the more likely you are to get multiple stats. Seems too soon to me to call it more than just a few people having good luck, though.

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
I feel it's unlikely I will "catch up" to top gear levels before 5.0, but anticipate the first vendor I encounter in a new zone will have ilevel 400 white gear for 30K.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Makarov_ posted:

I feel it's unlikely I will "catch up" to top gear levels before 5.0, but anticipate the first vendor I encounter in a new zone will have ilevel 400 white gear for 30K.

I mean you got like 8 months to do that before the next expansion. The only way you couldn't get caught up is if you literally don't play the game

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Makarov_ posted:

Nah, it'll be more like you have to go buy Tataru some pipeweed in Thavnair and she thanks you with a i400 shirt she sewed while you were gone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I imagine it'll be like SB where the top-level gear lasts until about the second dungeon and after that you need new stuff, maybe a bit earlier if you're a tank.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine it'll be like SB where the top-level gear lasts until about the second dungeon and after that you need new stuff, maybe a bit earlier if you're a tank.

For both SB and HW the rule of thumb is that the second dungeon will have gear equal to the previous expansion's best gear, and the third dungeon exceeds it (by 1 item level, as far as the weapon is concerned). So if you get yourself BiS by the end of SB, you are going to be effectively geared until level 75 in whatever the next expansion is.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Meiteron posted:

For both SB and HW the rule of thumb is that the second dungeon will have gear equal to the previous expansion's best gear, and the third dungeon exceeds it (by 1 item level, as far as the weapon is concerned). So if you get yourself BiS by the end of SB, you are going to be effectively geared until level 75 in whatever the next expansion is.

Mostly yes. Augmented Ironworks is just slightly under most Aery/lvl 55 gear while Augmented Shire is slightly under most lvl 64 crafted.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Swear to God, if job boosts didn't auto-complete all your job quests I'd heavily consider dropping $25 on one instead of going back into POTD. The first 30 levels before you get your job crystal are mind numbing.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Swear to God, if job boosts didn't auto-complete all your job quests I'd heavily consider dropping $25 on one instead of going back into POTD. The first 30 levels before you get your job crystal are mind numbing.

Do leves and poo poo to level 12 or so, whatever lets you queue into 1000 Maws with your Squadron. Do Squadron poo poo to 50. Do Roulette's to 70

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that faster than spamming POTD? Also I don't know that my squadron is, like, anything-- I unlocked that and immediately forgot it exists.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The best way to level is to not be in a hurry and just doing what's fun (dungeons) until 70. Grinding potd is a cool & good way to make yourself hate the game.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Is that faster than spamming POTD? Also I don't know that my squadron is, like, anything-- I unlocked that and immediately forgot it exists.

Way faster unless you're running with an actual POTD premade that's doing speed runs.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bolow posted:

Way faster unless you're running with an actual POTD premade that's doing speed runs.

What if, having just checked, my squadron is full of level 7 dudes and I can't even take them into dungeons yet? :v:

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
so does every pyros weapon have the exact same particle effect?

edit: hell yeah sastasha run where the sprout tank doesn't know he's the tank. He keeps trying to pull bosses outside of the arena and pausing for 10-20 seconds after each pull

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 11, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Got my 50 Logos actions, mount, haircut and horns. Just need to farm crystals to finish out my weapon, and maybe pick up the 6th magicite along the way.

I'll say this for Pyros, it's over faster.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Something terrible has happened. I was dicking around in POTD and the basic idea of how SMN is supposed to work finally clicked with me. I think I like it a lot.

I wanted a new melee job to mess around with, damnit, now I have to level this thing to 70.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

gently caress off

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mymla posted:

The best way to level is to not be in a hurry and just doing what's fun (dungeons) until 70. Grinding potd is a cool & good way to make yourself hate the game.

I got Ninja up to 59 and 9/10ths so I decided to do a quick POTD run to knock out the rest of the level without having to sit through another queue.

It would've been less painful to go out and FATE grind

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

re: potd

then i disconnected

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
51-60 are the floors everybody spams, so to get a party for 41-50 you're gonna need to queue during peak hours i.e. not 6 am.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

pupuru posted:

gently caress off

This is why I don't even bother anymore.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The fact that /think and /ponder work together owns bones.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

well

time to start learning ammo openers i guess

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The loving Void Ark set took fewer runs to assemble than this thing, Jesus Christ.

Also, I made a friend:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh lmao i just looked up the mch two ammo opener because i heard that was easier to perform and it's more or less exactly the same as what i've been doing while leveling mch, albeit with overheating ahead of time (since you can control it now)

pretty convenient

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
MCH

is good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just realized: there are five XI races but only four instances.

Are we not getting one minion of every race?

Also, why is Wind-Up Elvaan so rare!? :argh:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
because it was stuck on the threshold level NM of not really feasible to solo spawn, but not important enough for people to want to spawn it because BUNNIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just realized: there are five XI races but only four instances.

Are we not getting one minion of every race?

Do Humes really deserve a minion, though? :geno:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So in case you were wondering what the odds of you getting a perfect 1k roll on your desired stat for the stormblood relic in Pyros

It's 1 in 100 QUINTILLION

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BrightWing posted:

MCH

is good.

Strongly disagree

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

The fact that /think and /ponder work together owns bones.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bolow posted:

So in case you were wondering what the odds of you getting a perfect 1k roll on your desired stat for the stormblood relic in Pyros

It's 1 in 100 QUINTILLION

So you're tellin' me there's a chance... YEAH!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Delete Eureka

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Meiteron posted:

A lot of words about Hello World.

I forgot to reply to this but you wrote a lot, so thank you. I'll be pouring over it for a while, probably will give final omega a shot in the next few days so we'll see how it goes. I always have the reflex of trying to learn the entire fights for every role since I used to be a static leader, but it's clearly a bad idea for this mechanic at least to begin with. After a while I should be able to absorb all of that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

throwing together a new glam for drk because there's too many god drat big swords i like a lot and want to work around

here's what i've currently got for mighty thunderclap but would like some suggestions:

anyone know any good headgear to wear with this? i don't typically wear a lot of helmets but was wondering if there was anything that might match what i've got going on here. something pointy maybe. currently leaning towards hachigane of fending but not dead set on it.

my main drk glam uses a jet black head bandage so i'd like to go for something different than that

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

oh lmao i just looked up the mch two ammo opener because i heard that was easier to perform and it's more or less exactly the same as what i've been doing while leveling mch, albeit with overheating ahead of time (since you can control it now)

pretty convenient

I've found optimising the 3 ammo opener was easier, but it's all personal preference.

RME posted:

Huh, I might have subconciously made my dragongirl look like Miyamori. Good thing she's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Captain Cappy posted:

Delete Eureka

If you're on Excal, I may have been the other dps on that queue, but I bailed at 30. :(