Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Whitlam posted:

Legitimately probably going to vote below the line so I can put that rat fucker Bernie Finn last, where he belongs.

I can’t believe he is first on the ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
My guess/bet is that they have an agreement to respect each others' order, since their candidate orders all line up.

I am not bound by any such agreement, so gently caress that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder where we'd be if Abbott was still leader.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

Check out CNN some time.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tokamak posted:

Two years into a Labor government.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hidys posted:

Those shifty fuckers in the DLP are running under the banner of “Labour DLP.”

Also can someone inform me as to why there is still a Voluntary Euthanasia Party?

Because it's not yet mandatory to kill all boomers.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

No-one’s got the balls to run on compulsory euthanasia.

They're so committed to their platform they don't even make it to registration.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Kommando posted:

SE metro.

Aussie Battlers
Lib dems
Independent
Derry hinch
Sustainable Australia
Shooters and fishers.
Transport mattrrs
Health
Voluntary euthanasia
Reason
Etc
Etc...
Alp
LNP
Greens

It's a ticket that focuses on small parties, independents and might I say 'Battlers'.

Edit. In this area the Greens are last.
All three majors are at the bottom of each ticket in seemingly random order.

Last state election that SEM Greens spot was decided by approx. 200 votes after preferences, so everyone wants that ultra-marginal piece of the pie.

I have no idea where these Transport Matters folks or the Not-Labour DLP scam artists came from but Not-Labour exists to repeal safe schools apparently and the former is to funnel ALP preferences into Liberal ones.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So between them the ALP and LNP only add up to 75% primary, Greens and One Nation get 13%, that leaves 12% of voters looking elsewhere. That's gotta be disturbing for politicians. Those numbers haven't really shifted very far either.

Also from Poll Bludger, this snippet about preference deals in the Victorian election as of Friday 9th:

quote:

* With party nominations closing yesterday (independents have until noon today), the mystery of the Liberals’ intentions in the inner-city seats is solved: candidates will be fielded in Melbourne, Northcote and Brunswick, but not in Richmond. According to The Australian, the Liberals believe this deals a “near unassailable blow” to Labor’s Richard Wynne in Richmond. Another report in The Australian relates that the Liberals’ high hopes of recovering Prahran, into which they have “poured huge resources”, are looming large in their strategic calculations, the hope being that Labor will take the foot off the pedal in Prahran due to its need to focus efforts on Richmond.

* Reports suggest the Liberals will not make a preference recommendation in the inner-city seats where they are running, which is a happier state of affairs for the Greens than their previous practice of putting them last. The Herald Sun reported Labor had sought Liberal preferences as part of a swap in which they would direct preferences to Coalition candidates ahead of independents in Benambra, Ovens Valley and SouthWestCoast.

* Upper house preferences are again placing the spotlight on Glenn Druery, staffer to Senator Derryn Hinch and freelance preference broker. Druery has been the subject of a police complaint from Fiona Patten, upper house member for the Reason Party (formerly the Sex Party), who raises concerns about the $5000 fee he charges small parties to be privy to his preference networking, and his $50,000 “success fee”.

:eyepop:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

ewe2 posted:

So between them the ALP and LNP only add up to 75% primary, Greens and One Nation get 13%, that leaves 12% of voters looking elsewhere. That's gotta be disturbing for politicians. Those numbers haven't really shifted very far either.

About 1 in 10 people saying “gently caress the major parties you can’t trust any of them” sounds about right to me?

Axel Ferguson
Apr 19, 2008

monkeu posted:

About 1 in 10 people saying “gently caress the major parties you can’t trust any of them” sounds about right to me?

Two party system with Australian characteristics.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Welp, that Aussie Battlers party just showed it was exactly as right wing as we thought it sounded like.

As others have mentioned, I can't see anything really right wing about them, other than preferencing all the independents above the major parties. And in that case they still have the Greens and Labor above the Libs.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Four Corners is doing a show on the ABCs internal strife tonight. Maybe interesting.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/12/coalition-cuts-funding-for-foodbank-charity-by-323000-a-year

While the government can find $500 million for a place celebrating war, an actual charity doing good for those who are either poor or hit by the drought have had their funding cut.

I wonder if ScoMo was down on his knees crying and praying when he knew he was going to make cuts to this vital service.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Extremely intelligent individual

https://twitter.com/jwspry/status/1061748169887768576?s=21

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I know "ease immigration" is meant to mean throttle it down, but I like to think he hosed up his message there and meant make it easier.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can he stay silent pls

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

You Am I posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/12/coalition-cuts-funding-for-foodbank-charity-by-323000-a-year

While the government can find $500 million for a place celebrating war, an actual charity doing good for those who are either poor or hit by the drought have had their funding cut.

I wonder if ScoMo was down on his knees crying and praying when he knew he was going to make cuts to this vital service.

*sees Labah pac-man devouring LNP

ScroMo: heh, watch THIS

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The fact that you can't choose to euthenize yourself is a god drat crime. My mother suffered for an extra month in hospital for no reason.

She wanted to die, daily living was agony for her even with heavy meds. She was ready and accepting, the whole family supported her choice but still we had to sit there in that room with her for weeks more while she slowly wilted away.

If someone terminal wants to die, let them. Use that hospital bed for someone that needs it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You Am I posted:

I saw this and I believe the reason they've cut their funding is political. Foodbank are very close with blue collar unions and the greens. They don't actively step out with political communication, but they definitely have an opinion.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, because everyone hates ScoMo because he isn't polluting enough.

No one gives a poo poo about immigration because it doesn't effect things like electricity or fuel costs. And there's overwhelming evidence showing that if you go for renewables for electricity that the prices will go down.

I can't wait for the meltdown from the conservatives after the next Federal Election.

JBP posted:

I saw this and I believe the reason they've cut their funding is political. Foodbank are very close with blue collar unions and the greens. They don't actively step out with political communication, but they definitely have an opinion.
Holy poo poo this mob is so petty.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Abongination posted:

The fact that you can't choose to euthenize yourself is a god drat crime. My mother suffered for an extra month in hospital for no reason.

She wanted to die, daily living was agony for her even with heavy meds. She was ready and accepting, the whole family supported her choice but still we had to sit there in that room with her for weeks more while she slowly wilted away.

If someone terminal wants to die, let them. Use that hospital bed for someone that needs it.

If there’s one thing this thread can be in lockstep about it’s killing yourself.

There are definitely safeguards that need to be in place, but people who oppose euthanasia full stop can get hosed. It’s gross as hell telling someone else that they should continue to live in agony with no say

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

The smugness of doing this after a Newspoll.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

VFS

very loving scummy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scummo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pm who is doing very badly in polls refuses hungry people food

bold strategy scomo

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

BSG.plan.jpg

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The question is how long will it take before the Murdoch shills realise that by backing them to the bitter end, they'll basically go down with the ship, and inevitably pull a 180? They already tried to do it by having Albo knife Shorten, so they could claim their problem was with Shorten all along. There is no way they're getting rid of Diamond Bill now, so they'll have to accept that he's going to win.

I guess the approach is going to have to be "Well no, we never said labor were bad what are you talking about SHORTEN '19"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

Bowen has a punchable face and I haven't forgotten he was the immigration minister for The Malaysia Solution.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
He's also a loving rusted on neoliberal who regularly trips over himself trying to poo poo on progressive economic policy until the party room drags him back into the shadows with a signed copy of Atlas Shrugged or something.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

The question is how long will it take before the Murdoch shills realise that by backing them to the bitter end, they'll basically go down with the ship, and inevitably pull a 180? They already tried to do it by having Albo knife Shorten, so they could claim their problem was with Shorten all along. There is no way they're getting rid of Diamond Bill now, so they'll have to accept that he's going to win.

I guess the approach is going to have to be "Well no, we never said labor were bad what are you talking about SHORTEN '19"

I think they've started. The Tele did a front page story on how bad it was that there were children on Nauru and the Aus did a piece on how all the poll numbers they had said we're good for the Libs were actually bad (without admitting they had previously lied).

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think they've started. The Tele did a front page story on how bad it was that there were children on Nauru and the Aus did a piece on how all the poll numbers they had said we're good for the Libs were actually bad (without admitting they had previously lied).

Also don't forget that Newspoll is STILL biased about 2% to the Libs because of the dumbshit incorrect assumptions on PHON preferences they introduced to give them a bump that one time.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don Dongington posted:

He's also a loving rusted on neoliberal who regularly trips over himself trying to poo poo on progressive economic policy until the party room drags him back into the shadows with a signed copy of Atlas Shrugged or something.

He's NSW Labor. That just says it all.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

He's NSW. TBH burn us all.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The BIG problems destroying Western Civilisation: PC, Gender Diversity, #Climate Alarm, Mass Migration. All happening coz the joint is run by (loud) minorities.
Bali, Indonesia

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You Am I posted:

Holy poo poo this mob is so petty.

You really can't overstate how much the liberals have wwap9bized our bureaucracy

Don Dongington posted:

They'll hold out to the last possible moment( november next year)on their knees praying and crying for more "terrorist" attacks and they're gonna get reaaaaaal racist

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 12, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
They have to have a senate half election before August I think.

There is no way they're going to do a reps only election, so april/may is the expected date.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Yeah there is a nation-wide election before the end of May come hell or high water.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I didn't think Morrison could give Shorten more ammo but he's giving a joint presser with food bank people now and they are all calling ScoMo a heartless gently caress head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

JBP posted:

Never forget they made Gary Johns (formerly of the IPA which says it all) the commissioner of charities and not for profits, a guy who explicitly hates charities. He thinks environmental groups shouldn't campaign against climate change, he called aboriginal women cash cows, attacked beyondblue because "lgbti people don't face discrimination", and said that women not taking contraception shouldn't receive government payments.

These people are scum.