Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Being handed out at stations in Melbourne today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-flags-review-of-foodbank-funding-cut-20181112-p50fgr.html

how many hours till backflip

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'd say 4pm, so it is ready for tonight's news

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JBP posted:

I saw this and I believe the reason they've cut their funding is political. Foodbank are very close with blue collar unions and the greens. They don't actively step out with political communication, but they definitely have an opinion.

Well, yes. They help the needy for a living.

Their mere existence is an affront to people like Tony "Jesus is not about charity" Abbott.

EDIT:

drunkill posted:

Legit brilliant.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 12, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Scomo just announced he is holding a 'friendship BBQ' in PNG

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Their mere existence is an affront to people like Tony "Jesus is not about charity" Abbott.

Don't give Scomo a free ride here. Don't forget this shitheel is a subscriber to the concept of Prosperity Gospel. AKA "if you're poor it's because you're just not Christian enough and god hates you. Try being richer."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The government and catholic charities have been having a fight with the rest of the sector for years and I can't help but see this as a part of that (the appointment of Johns was too).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Scomo just announced he is holding a 'friendship BBQ' in PNG

Will there be a fair suck of the sauce bottle?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Will there be a fair suck of the sauce bottle?

Can you imagine his white male rage when someone tells them that they are vegetarian?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

drunkill posted:

Holy poo poo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drunkill posted:

Incredible

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Re: foodbank, and this threads hatred of religion

Most of the people using foodbank supplies (in SE QLD) are from churches that cook them up into meals to give away, or run "grocery store" type set ups where you show a healthcare card and take free/extremely cheap food. Also St Vincent De Paul local conferences use foodbank when taking food parcels out to people who call up for help. Many of these churches are non-denominational indie Baptist type congregations: the type of people who would vote based on a politicians religion over their policy. My theory is that the funding cut was made by a non-religious Lib and the churches have started hassling scomo to undo it, which is where the (almost inevitable) backflip will come from.

For example: tribe of Judah, the bikie gang church in Logan, or the Church of Christ in Annerley (Tim Mander, QLD LNP Deputy, is CoC)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The government has been slowly and quietly removing the children and their families. But speaking to David Speers, Scott Morrison says they will be going back.

Morrison said there were around “just over 30” children on Nauru. And they are still there because “that is consistent with the policy that we have as a government”.

“And where there is the ability to be transferred to the United States or whether there are any medical issues which would require their transfer to Australia, then that is what will occur.

“...They will not have a permanent visa in Australia, no,” he said, when asked if they will be allowed to stay.

So what happens?

“Well, at some point, they won’t be allowed to remain in Australia forever. "

Crying on his KNEES

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Labor Senators are chasing down the answer why ScoMo got the flick from the Australian Tourist Board:

quote:

Jacinta Collins asks why don’t Australians deserve to know why Scott Morrison was sacked.

“The prime minister is a very open and transparent person,” Mathias Cormann says.

The Senate chamber erupts so loudly I can feel this wing of the building vibrate.

But that might just be my sanity making an early run for it.

Cormann says he is not “personally aware” of the circumstances.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

drunkill posted:

The front is scratch-off material, it is an actual scratchie, not a mock design of one.

The back of it:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I handed them out. People thought they were pretty cute which was good because I was bagging them for two weeks.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

drunkill posted:

The front is scratch-off material, it is an actual scratchie, not a mock design of one.

The back of it:

drat that's a pretty good tag line at the end.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

drunkill posted:

The back of it:

Would have some more teeth if Labor wasn't so cozy with Crown and the rest of the actual successful scumbags in the gambling industry as well. I wish I thought of it though, it's a great concept.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Quantum Shart posted:

If you don't vote for VicSocs you are bourgie scum

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hell. Morrison has come out swinging saying the mental health of the Bourke st attacker is an excuse, and says he was radicalized by locals.
I mean sure, you're PM, you probably know better than the guys own family or your security apparatus.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I'm not familiar with Vic or how the Greens there function (other than their last leader was a sexist ratbag) so I can't really say much on this matter, but if they're as bad as the NSW Greens I'd probably say that 1 VicSocs and 2 Greens is a sensible vote, yeah.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Frogfingers posted:

Would have some more teeth if Labor wasn't so cozy with Crown and the rest of the actual successful scumbags in the gambling industry as well. I wish I thought of it though, it's a great concept.

This isn't from labor.

It is from trades hall.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sS8XLLKSG8

I can't believe this was a real episode

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The strawberry spiker was a Vietnamese REFUGEE who was getting revenge against her employer for reasons the network can't determine, says the 9 TV news

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

I don't remember it at all but I desperately need to see the original

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

The strawberry spiker was a Vietnamese REFUGEE who was getting revenge against her employer for reasons the network can't determine, says the 9 TV news

Wage theft?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Aesculus posted:

I'm not familiar with Vic or how the Greens there function (other than their last leader was a sexist ratbag) so I can't really say much on this matter, but if they're as bad as the NSW Greens I'd probably say that 1 VicSocs and 2 Greens is a sensible vote, yeah.

I'm surprised how toxic the greens brand is in the outer burbs. I'm watching all the independents HTVs get put up on Facebook and even the most reasonable HTV have Greens right down the bottom and people all circle jerking about gently caress the Greens.

There's a lot of pushback about this VEAC stuff about locking up some of the state parks, and something about tightening gun laws further.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't remember it at all but I desperately need to see the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sxR-hfisPs

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Matty Guy wants to build another coal fired power plant.

Well, it was worded as "We won't just look at renewables"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

You Am I posted:

Gotta love how they're saying it could be built in just a couple of years too.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/paulkidd/status/1060043018495873024

God cathat's thin skinned.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/1061765746093580288

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Andrew Lamming picking fights with the Simpson against the Liberals page again
https://tendaily.com.au/news/politics/a181112cqx/a-government-mp-is-fighting-with-a-simpsons-meme-page-again-on-facebook-20181112

You Am I posted:

Nobody wants it, not even the industry would consider new coal powerplants, even gas fired ones are not economical anymore in relation to renewables.

A reminder that the fed Liberals want new powerstations to be exempt from any future carbon cost/tax, because they know it is inevitable we get one... again.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

All the neoliberals are ^5 because owning the left again.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Lots of 4chan crap in the replies to this one, yikes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Frogfingers posted:

It's not a Labor campaign

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

It's not a Labor campaign

Yeah it’s not a Labor campaign. It’s a campaign from the peak body for unions where Labor MPs are spawned.

How could you possibly confuse the two?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that scratchie is a fantastic piece of anti-lnp marketing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yeah it’s not a Labor campaign. It’s a campaign from the peak body for unions where Labor MPs are spawned.

How could you possibly confuse the two?

Sounds like we'll need the AFP on this one