Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

barkbell posted:

thats too bad

Eh, it's kind of his gimmick. Fat, Horrible, Racist poo poo

You can take the man away from Florida...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

barkbell posted:

thats too bad

It's a meme his friends decided to start forcing for lulz, like the one about how fat he is. He didn't do anything.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hes not racist, but he did steal $10,000 from terminally ill children

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Megazver posted:

It's a meme his friends decided to start forcing for lulz, like the one about how fat he is. He didn't do anything.

It's not just a meme. Guess you didnt hear him bragging about his epic n word joke he is trying to work out.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zapplez posted:

It's not just a meme. Guess you didnt hear him bragging about his epic n word joke he is trying to work out.

Its definitely a meme ari and segura started to mess with him, unrelated to a bit about a word.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

who was that AI researcher? he talked like a random undergrad, really weak and unorganized, also with his death punch analogy, ugh.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

mike12345 posted:

who was that AI researcher? he talked like a random undergrad, really weak and unorganized, also with his death punch analogy, ugh.

See, to get back to the death punch analogy, its sort of like the death punch in a way because you want to kill a person with one hit. And so AI is like punching someone so that they explode upon contact.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Sam Harris I believe. His mother produced the Golden Girls or something so she pays for him to get published.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its amazing how often this show will pop up in my recommendations with three new episodes recorded in a single day and they're all featuring some boring rear end in a top hat

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Along with a bowhunter or something

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Slotducks posted:

Eh, it's kind of his gimmick. Fat, Horrible, Racist poo poo

You can take the man away from Florida...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pocket Billiards posted:

Sam Harris I believe. His mother produced the Golden Girls or something so she pays for him to get published.

Yea he took 11 years off of college to travel and do meditation. He was at Stanford at the time.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 16, 2018

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea he took 11 years off of college to travel and do meditation. He was at Stanford at the time.

look man good ideas take a while to develop you know

and than sometimes you pay a few undergrads to help you develop

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how is there a goon that hasn't heard of sam harris.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I don't know who he is. Why would I?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
theres no need tbh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hooplah posted:

I don't know who he is. Why would I?

he wrote a couple of best selling books.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Joe is gonna have Anthony Cumia on soon, whose only accomplishment in the past like 5 years was he best up his girlfriend who was at most half his age.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Joe is gonna have Anthony Cumia on soon, whose only accomplishment in the past like 5 years was he best up his girlfriend who was at most half his age.

jordan b peterson is supposedly on dec 1st

rogan is just cementing his dark web intellectual roots, he's a serious podcaster now

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Don't forget getting fired for racism and getting outed as an actual paedophile.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Joe Rogan and Adam Carolla are the same thing. They made money and now have the same politics as boomers. They we're never leftists but loveline Carolla and early Rogan were a lot different than their current incarnations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think rogan is just dumb so when these people come on he just agrees. the only time i've seen him push back is when it's something he actually knows like crowder with weed and rubin with building codes. otherwise he has no ability to call them out because he doesn't know poo poo.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think rogan is just dumb so when these people come on he just agrees. the only time i've seen him push back is when it's something he actually knows like crowder with weed and rubin with building codes. otherwise he has no ability to call them out because he doesn't know poo poo.

I think this is correct. I've listened to so much of this dumb cast, and tbh the best ones were the sleep diplomat and coffee guy.

Joey Diaz was great at first but gets old.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
There were those two dudes on recently who were saying how Crowder was a funny dude and I immediately checked out. Like whatever if you're friends with the dude you're friends with him, but to say Crowder is funny is like something I can't handle.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think rogan is just dumb so when these people come on he just agrees. the only time i've seen him push back is when it's something he actually knows like crowder with weed

Crowder destroyed Joe during that argument though and Joe just acted like a petulant child when his guest wouldn't agree with him.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Odddzy posted:

Crowder destroyed Joe during that argument though and Joe just acted like a petulant child when his guest wouldn't agree with him.

who cares if you can debate pedant your way into a technical victory if your core point loving sucks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The_Rob posted:

There were those two dudes on recently who were saying how Crowder was a funny dude and I immediately checked out. Like whatever if you're friends with the dude you're friends with him, but to say Crowder is funny is like something I can't handle.

crowder is so unfunny it's painful. the funniest thing he's ever done was his article about how he waited until marriage and that was a laughing at not with kinda deal.

Odddzy posted:

yeah but it's like morphix said, his premise was wrong so it didn't really matter. it's like whenever shapiro "destroys" some college student. he's almost always the one who's wrong but the college student has no experience dealing with that kinda poo poo so they come off bad.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the Jake the snake episode was real good and I am not even a pro wrestling fan.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I liked the show with the two canadian chefs. Really chill, about everything from cooking to Anthony Bourdain. They mention ~Jordan Peterson~ once or twice, but what can you do nowadays.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mike12345 posted:

I liked the show with the two canadian chefs. Really chill, about everything from cooking to Anthony Bourdain. They mention ~Jordan Peterson~ once or twice, but what can you do nowadays.
Yeah. Even during the Palahniuk episode (was a big fan during my late teens/early twenties), he mentioned him off-handedly. I really really keep hoping the fucker's not here to stay, though, and it's just a grifter whose time eventually will run out.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Two guys behind me at work were watching jordan peterson videos today. I felt like the world is passing me by.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

the Jake the snake episode was real good and I am not even a pro wrestling fan.

Surprised to see no donkey sex act discussion yet

T_ReV
Jun 2, 2013

mike12345 posted:

This was one of the best ones in recent memory imo.

On the other hand the episode with Michael Malice was dogshit. The guy is an expert on North Korea but doesn't talk about North Korea once in 3 hours. And the episode with the AI guy was also terrible.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
lol jorp is back for like the 5th time this year

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

anthony is good
joe talking about watching alien with his 8 and 10 year old :same:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

and right after that clip of him being insanely wrong about the rise of hitler on h3h3 started making the rounds!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Peterson has been like doing a media tour nonstop for the last 2 years. He is even on cable news these days and is on youtube content as well. He is a very smart businessman even though he repeats the same poo poo in every interview but he keeps himself in the spotlight unlike guys like Milo who faded into obscurity.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Peterson is a dangerous ideologue

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Dude we have not been here that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

barkbell posted:

Peterson is a dangerous ideologue

What specifically is dangerous? I wasnt too familiar w him until recently but I listened to this ep and aside from being boring, I didnt find anything particularly offensive. I listened to his last 2018 JRE appearance too but tbh forgot what they talked about lol