Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It is and it isn't. It's a real product but it's clearly aware it's making an absurd thing, if you watch all the ads a bunch of them have absurd elements that clearly are meant to push the tim and eric element while not alienating unironic buyers.

It's a viral video from a viral video company that sells a product out of both sides of it's mouth.

makes more sense, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Casey Finnigan posted:

Well of course they can't punish these tiny cherubic white children for their little racist indiscretions. They're simply too small, and too weak, and they need so much protection.

Don't you see if we punish these children for racism they'll just be even more racist! It's exactly what Trump wants he's playing us all! We just tell them they are kind, and goode, and deserve everything they have. Only then will they vote for Democrats

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062005636488142848

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I will never understand how people can read tweets like that and not think he sounds guilty as gently caress. Hopefully that house "subpoena cannon" is more than just a rumor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Koalas Massacre posted:

C/ping from the fragility thread because it's UsPol as gently caress

The dude up front is definitely racist but drat if he didn't get me with the circle. Now he gets to punch me in the arm.

And the stock market was so stable in the weeks leading up to the election!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

How does Russia possibly influencing your politics have "zero impact" on "regular rear end folks"?

I mean you could say that you don't believe they had any actual effect on the results of your elections but that's different to just saying that Russian meddling doesn't effect regular people. Either the Russian meddling worked and it absolutely did gently caress over everyone but the rich or it failed to influence votes and was stopped at that point.

The thing is that there are a ton of powerful forces, domestic and foreign, meddling in US politics at all times. A narrative that's focused around investigating and punishing Russia in particular, rather than closing off the ways that oligarchs all over the world (including but not limited to Russians) influence our politics, is of no use to anyone except the other meddlers who are mad that Russia out-meddled them.

Like, investigations are fine, whatever. But they're not in any working-class voter's top five issues. And they're not being accompanied by an election security push, any serious attempt to get money out of politics, or a good hard look at the role that corporate-controlled media and lobbyists play in politics. So they're really just an attempt to gin up some good old Russophobia, rather than a genuine effort to protect politics from meddling.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Don't you see if we punish these children for racism they'll just be even more racist! It's exactly what Trump wants he's playing us all! We just tell them they are kind, and goode, and deserve everything they have. Only then will they vote for Democrats

They'll get punished with probation and community service later in life for rape that's enough right?

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Ow, my money hurts!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Presidential Harassment.

He types like my grandma, only my grandma is only a fraction as racist as him.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

More like encouraging it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

And this is why you need reeducation camps.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Well, if the liberals think that sexual and racial harassment are bad things, then surely they'll agree that presidential harassment is equally as bad, or else they're big, smelly hypocrites. Checkmate libs :smug:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Ugh, I hate how people start calling out doom and gloom with the stock market shortly after it opens.

There is almost always a rebound before the close.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Looking forward to it. Down with capitalism.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Koalas Massacre posted:

C/ping from the fragility thread because it's UsPol as gently caress

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1062004736545710080

photographer is obviously the real victim here

edit: wrong tweet

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"The press is making fun of the president! Crash the markets, go go go go"

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1062001468339838976

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

They even made the mouth look like a butthole

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Millenials will save us from racist boom-

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1061863141720637440

:stonklol:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

hanging chads is the incel party platform.

:vince:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Burning_Monk posted:

Ugh, I hate how people start calling out doom and gloom with the stock market shortly after it opens.

There is almost always a rebound before the close.

It depends, right now the market is recovering after a correction and pretty much there is always some retrenchment.

The fireworks are probably going to come next year.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Republicans shiiting on McCain who was so loyal to them he died in his chair to stop a special election never stops being funny.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Toobly posted:

They even made the mouth look like a butthole

God drat you, I slept for poo poo last night and I'm tired so this made me giggle like an idiot.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"My dumbfuck rear end is going to get my child killed by an easily preventable disease, and your children infected, all to "own the libs" :smug:

I hadn't realized the chuds were latching on to anti-vax poo poo, since it seemed like more of a crazy left thing with big pharma.

Then again, it is anti science at it its heart, and nothing gives the GOP a boner like hating science!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/DrRJKavanagh/status/1061484728652570624?s=19

For more information on Tucker Carlson's horseshit

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Those prom fascists look like the definition of Chads, must kill the incel wing of the party a little to have to stick up for them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Those ain't millennials though, they're whatever name the generation that succeeds them that either constantly toy with suicidal ideation because the world is beyond hosed or are so poisoned by ironic bigotry they're actual bigots has

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Those ain't millennials though, they're whatever name the generation that succeeds them that either constantly toy with suicidal ideation because the world is beyond hosed or are so poisoned by ironic bigotry they're actual bigots has

They are Gen Zers or whatever, yeah but God knows Millenials have the same traits you just described. We are just old enough to have gotten therapy or die.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

They are Gen Zers or whatever, yeah but God knows Millenials have the same traits you just described. We are just old enough to have gotten therapy or die.

I think it is more than rural/urban differences are probably more influential than generational differences especially for people that are in their mid-30s and younger. Wisconsin is a genuine political battleground between two very different Americas.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

it was never young white people that were going to change things anyway. it's the fact that the younger generation is more diverse.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All those kids probably spent their formative teenage years watching PewDiePie and JonTron.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/sauusages/status/1061932434688745472?s=19

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

If the midterms were a referendum, Trump won

How can they say this when the Democrats continued to gain House seats over the course of the week, Democrats obliterated the Republicans in state and local elections, it looks like the Democrats will take the AZ Senate seat, and it's possible that the recounts work in their favor in FL and they gain Governorship and the Senate seat (and if so, making the Republican Senate gains only 2 seats in a map that's very bad for the Democrats)?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Baraboo Wisconsin is a town of like 10,225 people in what looks to be the middle of Chud Central Wisconsin.

This should not come as a surprise, but it is still vile.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who took that picture is the real question.

At some point along the line at least one adult thought that was okay and probably encouraged it.

edit* just saw the photographer.

Yeah, enjoy never working again, buddy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

All those kids probably spent their formative teenage years watching PewDiePie and JonTron.

maybe we should just kill the internet and start over.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lol if they had actually passed any of those "gently caress-the-olds gently caress-the-rurals" healthcare plans their Senate majority would have gone down in flames too.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I want to go back in time and show people from 1990 this just for the lol factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Who took that picture is the real question.

At some point along the line at least one adult thought that was okay and probably encouraged it.
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1061995318810689536
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1062004736545710080
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1062013603572867073