Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We know they shot a bunch of his cameos in advance, but do we know where they got up to? I’d guess Marvel and Avengers 4 will definitely have them, but that’s probably it. And then A4 will have a big dedication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

We know they shot a bunch of his cameos in advance, but do we know where they got up to? I’d guess Marvel and Avengers 4 will definitely have them, but that’s probably it. And then A4 will have a big dedication

James Gunn said he and Stan shot a half dozen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought it was four, and that was back during Guardians 2 filming.

Escobarbarian posted:

The next Spider-Man finished filming a month ago so it's a safe bet he'll be in that.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rhyno posted:

I keep seeing people with shocked reactions to a frail, 95 year old man dying and I wanna be like "Really?" But then I realize most people don't have any idea of how lovely his final days were.

Stan's last few months were pretty good from what I can gather, despite everything he went through before that. I guess I find it a little odd that people are acting like he is finally free from some torture.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oasx posted:

Stan's last few months were pretty good from what I can gather, despite everything he went through before that. I guess I find it a little odd that people are acting like he is finally free from some torture.

Because nobody knows what all really went down. And while it seemed he was in a better position his last few months it's nothing anyone can really verify. I mean at least he wasn't being forcibly being put into hostage like videos to declare his well being like he was prior, but there's no way of knowing if everything truly turned around completely.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

If only there was a subforum with No Music Discussion but alas

Doesn't have a chat thread, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Isn't that the show about teenagers killing God
No, you're thinking of the video game series Final Fantasy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So destroying Jehovah in FF7 makes a lot of sense now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

So destroying Jehovah in FF7 makes a lot of sense now.
FF7 is full of borrowed Jewish symbolism and ideas, but in that way Japanese media approaches religion where it's basically just the names (see also Evangelion).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Reminder that there's a sect of people who believe Christ went to Japan rather than France after faking his death

Google it, it's weird wild stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I only believe in Korean Jesus, rocking a gat and getting into adventures in the far east

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

I only believe in Korean Jesus, rocking a gat and getting into adventures in the far east

:same: but quick note: even though his voice actor is Korean I'm pretty sure Johnny Gat is Japanese.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhtOGkUqVTU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't know who that is but

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just wanted a pizza party with my imaginary friend, Pete Zaparty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SunshineDanceParty posted:

An opportunity to talk about how much I love the Scissor Sisters?

:nod:

Also I have no idea why but you just reminded me how much I love The Darkness.

also RIP Stan Lee

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

X-O posted:

Because nobody knows what all really went down. And while it seemed he was in a better position his last few months it's nothing anyone can really verify. I mean at least he wasn't being forcibly being put into hostage like videos to declare his well being like he was prior, but there's no way of knowing if everything truly turned around completely.

What the christ? I'm not familiar with anything to do with Stan Lee's personal life, what type of stuff was going on? A lot of hosed up health stuff and people taking advantage of him or something?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Inspector 34 posted:

What the christ? I'm not familiar with anything to do with Stan Lee's personal life, what type of stuff was going on? A lot of hosed up health stuff and people taking advantage of him or something?

The gist of it seems to be that his daughter was a user who had a history of being in relationships with conmen using her to get at his money. After his wife died his daughter and her beau isolated Lee by firing all his caretakers and lawyers and changing his email and phone numbers. It was apparently a giant poo poo show. At some point media got ahold of what was basically a "Please Help" letter which they then made him film a video saying he was ok and his daughter loves him.

There were also some stories about Lee exposing himself to nurses and groping them or something so he probably wasn't in his right mind. Everything just seemed to go to hell for him over the last year or so once his wife died. Its kind of a sad, common story for elderly couples made worse by him being filthy rich so people wanting to take advantage.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Inspector 34 posted:

There were rampant stories of elder abuse that eventually ended up with this video being released: http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/12/stan-lee-denies-elder-abuse-claims-threatens-legal-action

Turns out that video was just more bullshit concocted by someone that basically robbed Stan blind: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/07/stan-lee-statement-hostage-videos-keya-morgan/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The nurse stuff was some fake poo poo from the Daily Mail, but the rest of it is to this day still pretty confusing. Ain’t nobody know who’s more to blame - Stan’s daughter, this Morgan guy, or both.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

The nurse stuff was some fake poo poo from the Daily Mail, but the rest of it is to this day still pretty confusing. Ain’t nobody know who’s more to blame - Stan’s daughter, this Morgan guy, or both.

Yeah that's why I said nobody really knows how much his conditions improved. By all accounts his relationship with his daughter was contentious and she pretty much was in control the last little while of his life. But at the same time once this Morgan guy disappeared the con appearances stopped, the weird twitter posts stopped, and other creators and friends had easier access to visit him again. So that's some improvement at least.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They're promising ANSWERS! on Manifest tonight

I'll report back on how dumb they are

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

They're promising ANSWERS! on Manifest tonight

I'll report back on how dumb they are

Be sure to share deets I'm mildly curious!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

Be sure to share deets I'm mildly curious!

So far it would seem that the government is harnessing the power of alternate realities to defeat The Singularity

Yeah really. But with 30 minutes left I'm sure there will be a bigger reveal

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, it's not a jesus show anymore?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, it's not a jesus show anymore?

That was one of the many fakeouts. It's throwing every conspiracy theory out there to see if anyone cares

Problem is line 95% of every episode is just people very seriously and deadpan talking about how CONNECTED and DEEP everything is but nothing ever haaaaaappens

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

That was one of the many fakeouts. It's throwing every conspiracy theory out there to see if anyone cares

Problem is line 95% of every episode is just people very seriously and deadpan talking about how CONNECTED and DEEP everything is but nothing ever haaaaaappens

I'll catch up, the ham fisted keener poo poo was wrecking my head

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

precision posted:

So far it would seem that the government is harnessing the power of alternate realities to defeat The Singularity

Yeah really. But with 30 minutes left I'm sure there will be a bigger reveal

It sounds like someone fed every Lost clone to one of those scriptwriting procedural AIs.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Is there a thread for the second season of Making a Murderer? I’m not seeing one. I need people to be mad with.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 14, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

You think that's bad, look up guardianships. A total stranger can go to a judge without your knowledge, declare themselves your legal guardian, and gain access to all your money.

America is hosed lmao

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KilGrey posted:

Is there a thread for the second season of Making. Murderer? I’m not seeing one. I need people to be mad with.

I’m not sure there was ever one for the first season. It’s not the kind of show that would attract discussion around here.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I’m not sure there was ever one for the first season. It’s not the kind of show that would attract discussion around here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757003

Is that a joke? There was a 58 page thread for the first season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No joke, just didn’t know. Usually documentary threads die a quick death in this forum if they ever even get made.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

The gist of it seems to be that his daughter was a user who had a history of being in relationships with conmen using her to get at his money. After his wife died his daughter and her beau isolated Lee by firing all his caretakers and lawyers and changing his email and phone numbers. It was apparently a giant poo poo show. At some point media got ahold of what was basically a "Please Help" letter which they then made him film a video saying he was ok and his daughter loves him.

Oh wow, I thought he was doing fine all this time because he kept doing cameos in all the Marvel movies and seemed pretty lucid. What a huge bummer.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stan lee should have given power of attorney to one of his superfans like Kevin Smith. Smith's movies sucks but he worships Stan Lee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Stan lee should have given power of attorney to one of his superfans like Kevin Smith. Smith's movies sucks but he worships Stan Lee.

Someone else already had it so Stan really couldn't do anything in that regard.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

Someone else already had it so Stan really couldn't do anything in that regard.

I did this for myself and gave it to my wife because dementia runs in my family and I just wanted to be prepared for the future. It takes an incredible amount of trust to do this and to see someone actually violate that trust is so unbelievably sad to me it's just horrible. Good lord.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Season eight is coming

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GoT final season if 7 was anything to go by is just gonna be six really dumb movies but that’s ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's going be an entire season of climax and it's going to have some problems but will still be pretty loving awesome