Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean why care like in general. Unless you think his background is as a super villain it doesn’t really matter.

Like if he said he was from Detroit but really he was from Seattle would you really care.
If it's just someone I met at a party, then yeah who cares. If it's someone I have to interact with regularly then it's kinda weird and would make me doubt other things they might say, though his excuse might be enough for me to not press him. If it's someone I'm dating then it's a huge red flag because even if it's a regular lie he says to get out of stuff at some point I'd expect a partner to be honest with me and not lie about their life. Even if he's telling the truth now it's kind of disconcerting that his response is to be angry rather than sorry.

Alternatively: break up with him because if you're going to make up a lie about where you're from it shouldn't fall apart from someone asking you expected questions like where in the city you lived or what school you went too. Plan your lies well and thoroughly if you're going to do it, that half-assed poo poo isn't worth respecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

loquacius posted:

Having sex with a man in his 50s to own the exes

7 years later

Gotta wonder why the uncle thought it'd be a good idea to tell him about it

Bragging rights.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [30F] friendship with a neighbor [42M] soured, and he’s suddenly become aggressive.

I have no idea why this dude might be mad, like, not even the slightest inkling, so either (a) OP did some serious glossing-over, or (b) he's got some kind of psychotic issue developing

My first reaction was maybe roid-rage since he's a trainer but a couple google searches reveal that's not an actual thing so :shrug:

Khazar-khum posted:

Bragging rights.

Yeah I got most of the way through "why would he go through with it if he knew she was just trying to mess with his nephew" and then I realized that was kind of a dumb question depending on the uncle's personal life

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

loquacius posted:

I have no idea why this dude might be mad, like, not even the slightest inkling

Because he was trying to smash using personal training as an excuse and flipped out when he realised she wasn't into him

e: there is probably a real good reason the lady gym manager doesn't want this guy training clients at her gym

bell jar fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 12, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bell jar posted:

Because he was trying to smash using personal training as an excuse and flipped out when he realised she wasn't into him

e: there is probably a real good reason the lady gym manager doesn't want this guy training clients at her gym

I was going out of my way to look for hints of that in the post but it was basically just "then one day he went loving crazy for no discernible reason", as far as the OP can tell anyway

It is a distinct possibility that he was just reading into things a lot more than she was, though, so I'll give 50% odds to that vs "dude needs psych meds"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The dude was being poo poo to his girlfriend in the chat or whatever. He's probably just a raging misogynist. They don't need any reason beyond the lack of deference

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

loquacius posted:

It is a distinct possibility that he was just reading into things a lot more than she was, though, so I'll give 50% odds to that vs "dude needs psych meds"

It's probably a bit of both tbh

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

loquacius posted:

My first reaction was maybe roid-rage since he's a trainer but a couple google searches reveal that's not an actual thing so :shrug:

Roid-rage isn't a thing? Chris Benoit's family will be so relieved...

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Traumatic brain injury is a thing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can you get CTE from just like regular working out if you do it a lot for decades? Maybe it's a boxing gym or something?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loquacius posted:

Can you get CTE from just like regular working out if you do it a lot for decades? Maybe it's a boxing gym or something?

Just regular working out no but I have no doubt that going heavy can.

I watched an interview with one of the strong man winners and he said he got a concussion from his like 900lb Deadlift or whatever it was.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Does crossfit cause brain injuries or do brain injuries cause crossfit? It's a chicken and egg problem

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [23M] friend [22M] of 3 years has a weird hobby of asking out women just to turn them down. How do I convince him to stop?

quote:

Yes I know this sounds extremely weird. If I've learned anything in the last few months it's that my friend is an extremely weird and probably sociopathic guy.

I have this friend Pete who HATES the modern dating scene. He hates casual dating/sex, Tinder, hookups, Okcupid, FWBS, promiscuity, etc. He always talks about how women should be more modest and not be so slutty all the time. These are his words, not mine. I don't judge and I'm not a misogynist. Pete says he doesn't hate women, he just hates sluts. Unfortunately Pete thinks most women are sluts. Once again, I am not a slut shamer, I don't share Pete's views, if you could call them that.

He isn't a loser though, Pete is a handsome successful guy who already makes 6 figures. He has a equally successful beautiful girlfriend he's been with for 5 years, soon to be fiancée. He treats her perfectly and she's extremely happy with him. They're pretty much the same person, they have the exact same beliefs and opinions, they're perfect for each other.

Since summer started, Pete has developed a new hobby of asking out the same kind of girls he hates (those who have casual sex, fwbs, etc). He usually meets them at bars/clubs or through tinder/okcupid. He's a charismatic charming guy so he pretty easily convinces them to go on a date with him. They go on the date, usually something like coffee or a low priced restaurant (despite this he still convinces the girl to pay for her own meal). At this date he charms her and sweeps her off her feet and then ends it by verbally tearing her apart, calling her a slut and a whole bunch of other nasty names. He calls her stupid, worthless, trash, used up w****, etc. Most of the time the girl cries and then he leaves abruptly as soon as he crushes her.

Pete admitted to doing this over 30 times in the last 3 months. He's loving crazy, he actually ENJOYS making these girls cry. He laughs about it, like it's some sort of loving twisted joke that he shames these girls into feeling worthless. He told me about this in the middle of July and when he first said it I was so disgusted with him. I've told him it's loving sick and cruel to do and he must stop immediately and seek therapy but he keeps doing it and laughs about it. The worst part of it is that his girlfriend not only knows about this but shares in his laughter. She also does the same thing to several guys, especially to PUAs. They tell each other about what they do and have a merry loving time about it.

I've told both my friend and his girlfriend that deliberately seducing people just to make them feel like poo poo later is sick, cruel and heartless. I haven't told any of our other friends though about their habits since I don't feel it's my place to do so. Honestly Pete and his girlfriend are cool people, they've never insulted me or done anything to personally offend me so in that regard I still want to be friends with Pete but the fact that he does this poo poo is probably an indication of what kind of person he is. I'm no psychologist but I think this is clearly sociopathic behavior and Pete and his girlfriend are both mentally ill.

What should I do? I don't want to lose Pete as a friend entirely so ending the friendship isn't plan A but I can't just stand by and let him continue to do this evil poo poo. How do I convince him to stop? I've tried before to tell him it's wrong and he should stop immediately but he's still doing it and plans on doing it for a while.

tl;dr: Friend likes to ask out the kind of women he hates and then verbally destroy them at the end of the date. His girlfriend does the same thing to PUA men.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do any of you care.

Do you think he was a war criminal who escaped The Hague and is hiding his identity.

That'd be a pretty good sitcom premise so now I do, sure

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:stare: I know we joked about Mirror Universe Pete before but god drat

Also lol "he never insulted me so I want to stay friends with him" is up there in the most pathetic sentences I've read in this thread

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Danaru posted:

Also lol "he never insulted me so I want to stay friends with him" is up there in the most pathetic sentences I've read in this thread

You can keep joking because, like every other post in this subreddit that follows a clear narrative arc, is well-composed, and does not go on irrelevant tangents, it's fake

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Haifisch posted:

My [23M] friend [22M] of 3 years has a weird hobby of asking out women just to turn them down. How do I convince him to stop?

So... pretty slim odds these people aren’t getting off from this, yeah?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Well... that's one way to go about finding a third with a humiliation fetish.

Pirate Radar posted:

So... pretty slim odds these people aren’t getting off from this, yeah?

It's the internet - of course they're are getting off on it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Haifisch posted:

These people are going to turn into Natural Born Killers

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yes, but they never murdered ME so maybe we can still be fwiends?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

To be fair I am in full support of Madame Nega-Pete going out and hardcore dunking on PUAs

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

13Pandora13 posted:

These people are going to turn into Natural Born Killers

Nah, just an upper middle class couple whose children will have stories of different "aunts" being in their lives for a few years at a time, and of the "aunts" being forced to do chores and housework while mommy and daddy yelled at them and called them mean names, and then took them to their bedroom to be punished for being bad at night.

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 13, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Haifisch posted:

Um... he is a loser and you should tell all of your friends.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (21M) friend (21M) keeps warning me about my new gf's (19F) kpop hobby.

​I just started dating this girl i met in one of my classes, and so far it's been going well (2 months in). We have a lot of things in common, but I've also been slowly finding out she's a HUGE fan of this kpop group named vicks or something. Well not even the group but one of the guys I guess in the band in particular. She has a lot of photos of him on her phone, watches all the tv shows he's in and a twitter account I guess she uses to 'fangirl' with her friends, but she kind of avoids talking about it with me too much so idk.

​Tbh this honestly doesn't really bother me, and I kind of find it cute to tease her about it. She's only 19 and grew up really sheltered so she hasn't dated much. But when I mentioned this to my friend ive known since high school, he flipped out, and now he won't stop warning me about it. He keeps saying how much of a red flag it is and how 'those kinds of girls are always obsessive and crazy, trust me.' Its starting to piss me off, because sure he's my close friend but I don't think its really that big of a deal. Plus, I like her and want to give her a chance, so its not really any of his business.

​Is this really that abnormal for a 19 year old girl? Isn't this something she will probably outgrow? Or is he right that its a red flag? Idk if its relevant but she is Chinese so I guess it doesn't seem weird to me she would like an asian celebrity..? We just started dating its not like we're getting married or anything...

​Sorry if this is a dumb question.

TLDR: Just started dating a girl who is a big fan of some kpop dude, my friend keeps insisting this is a huge red flag?? Is it really though or is it something she will probably outgrow?

I hope to god someone showed this OP the 'jumin's pussy' tweet to show how crazy those fetishizing kpop girls are.

Soft and fluffy!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Danaru posted:

My exact thought, but man this dude is pretty merciless. He's just mean for the sake of mean.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Danaru posted:

I feel like this is more "evil twin" than mirror universe. Wouldn't Mirror Pete insist his gf go on vacations with various built dudes without suspecting a thing?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sister is neck deep into the Lula Roe pyramid scheme. She thinks she's making money when she is really isn't. Will the divorce court judge believe her verbal statements about her "income" or will the court want real/actual financial statements?

My sister is in the middle of a divorce. Her husband was the one who filed. He filed because he found out she was cheating on him. Also my sister has a "home business" selling those stupid Lula Roe clothes and he was tired of paying for all her stuff. But it was the cheating which caused him to leave. He's filed for a fault divorce based on adultery which he will get because he has proof. Her lawyer has already told her this. She has not seen or spoken to him since he left. All the communication is done by lawyers.

They live in Georgia and since she committed adultery she won't get alimony from him by law. He works full time. She was laid off a year ago and started selling Lula Roe clothes as a home business. My thinks she is making thousands of dollars. Really her husband was paying for everything because it is a scam and pyramid scheme and she's losing money.

Full disclosure I think she is an idiot. I don't condone cheating or the stupid clothes. But she is still my sister. I don't know anything about divorce law. If she says she is making lots of money from Lula Roe, will the judge believe her or will he want actual financial statements? If she really was making as much as she claims she would owe him alimony. An amount she doesn't have and can't afford. I don't know what she'll do about Lula Roe once the divorce is final and she has to support herself. She is adamant to everyone including her lawyer that she makes lots of money. Can anyone tell me if the court will go based on her word of what she makes or what she actually makes? Thanks!

I love this. Loses alimony for being a cheater. Has to pay alimony for lying about income (because they're in a pyramid scheme the husband had to pay for)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I love this. Loses alimony for being a cheater. Has to pay alimony for lying about income (because they're in a pyramid scheme the husband had to pay for)

I missed this the first time around, but yeah, the alimony detail makes it clear that it's actually to her advantage for the court to realize she got duped by an MLM scheme

I earnestly, desperately want to know if this person turned out to be so committed to the idea that Lularoe is not a grift that she committed herself to paying alimony she couldn't afford rather than admitting it is

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Haifisch posted:

I don't really believe this one either but I can't shake the feeling that naming him Pete was intentional

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Her parents knew, but neglected to mention it before they left on their vacation.

That's the classic respite care art of the deal: underplay the severity of disability and level of care required, and neglect to mention undesirable behaviors that would actually be very easy to handle if the carers were made aware of them. Finally, don't answer your phone or respond to any attempts at communication until you pick them up at the end of their stay. Then blame the respite providers for any increase in behaviours or increased occurrence of their common health problems. But doing it to a family member rather than a service provider is a dumb move since they are likely to talk about what happened with the rest of the family, immediately closing off your free support network.

loquacius posted:

I have no idea why this dude might be mad, like, not even the slightest inkling, so either (a) OP did some serious glossing-over, or (b) he's got some kind of psychotic issue developing

He is just an rear end in a top hat. Him having unspecified problems with a gym owner in addition to the OP is key to understanding that story. While this interaction is unusual and upsetting for the OP it is very likely a recurring pattern for him, which he fails to recognize as his problem rather than everyone else being wrong. There are people that go through life perceiving everything other people do as an offence against them, requiring others to be constantly apologetic and alert to their insanely demanding standards of interaction. At the same time they will have absolutely no awareness of their own behaviour, being rude or moody and aggressive frequently.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

There are people that go through life perceiving everything other people do as an offence against them, requiring others to be constantly apologetic and alert to their insanely demanding standards of interaction. At the same time they will have absolutely no awareness of their own behaviour, being rude or moody and aggressive frequently.

Yeah, they all post in this thread

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Haifisch posted:

Someday, in a bit of cosmic justice, he'll run into a dangerous, unhinged stalker who hunts him down and shoots him.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

bell jar posted:

Yeah, they all post in this thread

lmao

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Khazar-khum posted:

Someday, in a bit of cosmic justice, he'll run into a dangerous, unhinged stalker who hunts him down and shoots him.

Personally I'm hoping either the boyfriend or girlfriend gets tired of their relationship and dumps the other in a spectacularly cruel and publically humiliating fashion.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

Sometimes the post history just reveals so much.

I don’t get the best of my (35) wife (35)
My wife is amazing. She is smart, professonal, beautiful, a great mom and a great person. We contribute similarly to our household in income, chores, and parenting. She gets up early with the kids, goes to work, comes home. Then it’s dinner, entertain kids, get ready for the next day. Now her responsibilites are done for the day. She can relax. Now I can spend some time with her.

No - not usually. She is tired, needs her own time, or wants to vent and is generally negative. This is understandable. I do my own thing or listen/talk - whatever she prefers. Give her a kiss and say I love her - goodnight. But that’s not what I want.

I wish I got the same energy her work and our kids get. She always impresses me when interacting with others. Maybe there isnt enough energy left for me. Or maybe it is a squeaky wheel gets the grease type thing.

If I make plans I can “book” her and usually we have a good time. But often she is negative. It makes me sad since I look forward to these day. Often these dates turn into talks about her insecurities. I listen and say nice things but nothing I say seems to help. We probably talk about her insecurites once a month for about two hours pretty regularly for the last 10 years. She seems to stay sad until she makes me sad/frustrated. Then she is sad she made me feel that way and can start to be more positive to make me happy.

I dunno what I expect. Just feel a little sad about this and wanted to tell someone. I wish I got to go home to what everybody else thinks I go home to.

I guess the TLDR is my wife is amazing bright and cheerful everywhere but usually not when it is just me.

But wait, what’s that behind the curtain?

My relationship and drugs
Super excited for my date with my wife tomorrow! Going to get away and spend a night together doing Molly for our 3rd time. This is a secret but I wanted to share my story annon so here goes!

I grew up in a conservative house (so did she.) Drugs are bad - fry your brain - don’t want to be a druggy etc. I tried pot a couple times in HS/college but that was it. I believed drugs were harmful. In my mid 20s I met some new friends. Great people - still friends. They were/are what I would call responsible users. Over the years my ideas about drugs started to change. At 32 I tried mushrooms/acid. Had a blast! Just felt so positive and right. Was almost spiritual.

But I kept it secret from my wife. I knew she wouldnt approve. We were/are conventional. We have small children. What would people think? For a year or so I would trip once a month. Maybe a little less. Loved it.

Started to appreciate music more. Decided to go to a concert. Planned 2 months in advance. Week before wife wakes me up in the middle of the night. She is worried. I had been a good husband/father. Drugs had not negatively affected our life. But shes smart. She is worried. She asks “hey…just wanted to ask…your new interest in EDM is fine but you have never been interested in concerts…you aren’t doing drugs or anything right?” Uhh… yeah…sorry. We talked/fought for a couple hours. She didnt understand and I kept a big secret from her. I didn’t go. Told her I liked doing drugs but would stop for now at least. I did. We would talk again about drugs once a month or so. Why did I need them? Why wasnt this life enough? Took a long time. She started to come around.

I was responsible. It was a powerful enjoyable experience. This summer she smoked pot with me. It was great. We laughed and chatted. A month later we did mushrooms together. Was great! And then we tried molly. Oh my. Was just amazing. We booked a room. Had great sex. Took our Molly. Talked for a couple hours. We were so open and honest. Completely unguarded with the person we love the most. I had never heard my wife laugh so freely. Like she smiles and laughs a lot normally but she reins it in. That laugh was genuine and a little awkward but it was the best. We talked about everything great about our lives and eachother. Our kids of course. Our wonderful kids. Then we had sex again for about an hour. Went to a small show/fest for a few hours. Came back to the room and had sex again.

Our relationship is so great now. We talk more. We plan ahead. Once a month or so grandma and grandpa take the kids overnight. That is tomorrow! I love my life and my wife. I love that we make this special time for just us together. I really look forward to it. The drugs help. I don’t even really feel like Molly is necessary, but I love it and it adds to the experience. The month cooldown is a good thing to plan around and make sure we get together as often as we can. I know it won’t always be this intense but god drat I am looking forward to tomorrow!

“Reddit, I hid my drug hobby from my exhausted wife and then slowly pressured her into trying more and more drugs. Now she’s no fun unless we’re on MDMA together. She always talks about how sad and tired she is from watching our kids, but fortunately this weekend Grandpa’s watching the kids so we can rave! But can someone tell me why she never has any energy for me?”

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So like correct me if I am wrong but isn’t that one of the downsides to doing that poo poo?? Lol

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
holy lol stop taking molly all the time you absolute loving idiot

in all the times i've taken it, there's only been 2 instances where i didn't have that low energy vibe/dark cloud around me the next day.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:holymoley: I thought it was going to be a standard "ughh why does my wife expect me to be a partner and emotional pillar" post but he really went the extra mile

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (21M) friend (21M) keeps warning me about my new gf's (19F) kpop hobby.

​I just started dating this girl i met in one of my classes, and so far it's been going well (2 months in). We have a lot of things in common, but I've also been slowly finding out she's a HUGE fan of this kpop group named vicks or something. Well not even the group but one of the guys I guess in the band in particular. She has a lot of photos of him on her phone, watches all the tv shows he's in and a twitter account I guess she uses to 'fangirl' with her friends, but she kind of avoids talking about it with me too much so idk.

​Tbh this honestly doesn't really bother me, and I kind of find it cute to tease her about it. She's only 19 and grew up really sheltered so she hasn't dated much. But when I mentioned this to my friend ive known since high school, he flipped out, and now he won't stop warning me about it. He keeps saying how much of a red flag it is and how 'those kinds of girls are always obsessive and crazy, trust me.' Its starting to piss me off, because sure he's my close friend but I don't think its really that big of a deal. Plus, I like her and want to give her a chance, so its not really any of his business.

​Is this really that abnormal for a 19 year old girl? Isn't this something she will probably outgrow? Or is he right that its a red flag? Idk if its relevant but she is Chinese so I guess it doesn't seem weird to me she would like an asian celebrity..? We just started dating its not like we're getting married or anything...

​Sorry if this is a dumb question.

TLDR: Just started dating a girl who is a big fan of some kpop dude, my friend keeps insisting this is a huge red flag?? Is it really though or is it something she will probably outgrow?

The twist here is that his friend is a kpop idol and has to deal with overly obsessed fans all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
LOL at the molly dude. Suicide Tuesday is a thing with that and you're not that young so bouncing back to being responsible parents after raving all weekend is a joke.

Lets not forget that you're chilling while the wife is doing the chores and looking after the kids so she's going to be burned out on your sorry rear end even without the post high doldrums.