Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

The Coming Soon section doesn't even include half the games which will be coming out in a given week.

Oh. Wow. Well, I'm relieved now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

jivjov posted:

Has Katamari been officially deemed a GameStop exclusive when I wasn't looking or something? It hasn't popped up for preorder anywhere else, but I can't find any indication that its intended to be exclusive.

From several pages back, but this week's GameStop online ad has "Only at GameStop" on Katamari.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

PSYDUCK IS A MAMMAL AND IT DOES NOT HAVE FEATHERS

Psyduck isn't a mammal, it's not a real animal

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Have they shown the 3D version of the blackface pokemon?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Have they shown the 3D version of the blackface pokemon?

It's... *possible* they may show Jynx since her modern design has purple skin instead of black, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely. She appeared a couple times in the anime after the redesign, but... honestly, they probably won't bother with Jynx.

Not every pokemon's gonna be in the movie.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Goku is flying fighting type

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Porygon would be cool since the whole cg look would be apporpriate for it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Libluini posted:

Oh. Wow. Well, I'm relieved now.
I mean, even if it never came out in EU, you can just create an NA account and buy it from that shop. It's not an issue. For what it's worth, since the Switch launched there has been typically a very good parity between what comes out in NA and what comes out in EU. There have been a few exceptions, but if stuff comes out at different times you're only talking a week or two at most in the majority of cases. The Johnny Turbo arcade ports for example, they usually come out in EU a week or two after NA for whatever reason.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wait, hold up, this is Glass Bottom Games? Like.... fellow goon and (former?) Mod Shalinor's Glass Bottom Games?

gently caress yeah! :toot:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

Porygon would be cool since the whole cg look would be apporpriate for it

A Porygon with fur and big wet eyes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Weedle posted:

A Porygon with fur and big wet eyes

I want it to look like late 90's sci-fi original movie level bad

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking that it looks like the producers of this pokemon movie must've browsed imgur galleries of "realistic" pokemon* and thought it was what people wanted

and it turns out that is literally what they did and they hired one of the guys who made them :psyboom:
https://kotaku.com/realistic-pokemon-artist-got-a-job-on-the-detective-p-1830396116

quote:

Palmer says that the film’s production designer hired him when he googled “realistic Pokemon” and our posts on his 2012-13 art came up.

* 90% of the time literally made to look disgusting and creepy rather than realistic

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
On the plus side, they're not just straight-up using those "realistic pokemon" deviantart designs.

They still actually look like the pokemon, instead of taking... "creative license" in turning them into more Earth-like animals.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's a good thing, shows that they weren't stealing others work, they actually hired the guy

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That's a good thing, shows that they weren't stealing others work, they actually hired the guy

that is very true and kind of heartwarming

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Does this mean they're not ironically creepy and bad, they're just... creepy and bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If by creepy and bad you mean fluffy and good
https://twitter.com/auroraknux/status/1062102828246859777?s=19

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Your Computer posted:

I was thinking that it looks like the producers of this pokemon movie must've browsed imgur galleries of "realistic" pokemon* and thought it was what people wanted

and it turns out that is literally what they did and they hired one of the guys who made them :psyboom:
https://kotaku.com/realistic-pokemon-artist-got-a-job-on-the-detective-p-1830396116

* 90% of the time literally made to look disgusting and creepy rather than realistic

This sort of thing happens more than you'd think. A lot of game designers and programmers got hired or headhunted because of their game mods and software hacks.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m going to ask again, since my question was lost in the sea of Pokémon, but when I put my switch in docked mode there’s no sound and it looks like it’s still outputting at the handheld resolution, only blown up to the size of my tv. Other inputs to my TV work fine and I’ve checked all the wires and rebooted and stuff, and it was working fine a few days ago. As soon as I pull it off the dock everything’s fine. Any other settings or anything I should check?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What game are you experiencing with this?

The menu actually is 720p in docked mode, same as handheld, so it would look blown up.

A game displaying to your TV with handheld res in a game seems impossible, if it didn't recognize it was out of handheld mode it wouldn't display to your TV.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Ok I just turned poo poo on and it works fine now. Whatever it fixed itself?!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm not gonna see the movie but i tell you what, i would take pictures of those weird pokemon in a snap game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Not gonna lie Detective Pikachu is cute as gently caress so I don’t get where people don’t like him plus I saw a Charmander who was also cute as gently caress so this movie seems like an A+ to me

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does anyone have the perpetual save flame issue in Dark Souls? After the clocks changed, my game is saving constantly unless I switch my time zone to Tokyo. If I change back to New York the save flame reappears and never goes away.

(I know the game saves frequently, my issue is a save flame that never goes away.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zas posted:

i'm not gonna see the movie but i tell you what, i would take pictures of those weird pokemon in a snap game

Why hasn't Nintendo done another Pokemon Snap yet?!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective Pikachu is going to end with the original poke rap. The thing is bulbasaur will be far away from the camera in a dark alley staring straight at the viewer, and each time a new pokemon is named it swaps places and gets a little closer. Constantly shapeshifting and shuffling closer with no animation until you're forced to stare the hell beast in the eyes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leal posted:

Why hasn't Nintendo done another Pokemon Snap yet?!

It would be so perfect for the Switch, what with the gyro controls and all. Please, Nintendo!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon Let's Go getting good reviews and fans are so mad. YOU JUST LIKE NOSTALGIA, they shout. Stupid genwunners! They cry

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why wasn't Pokemon Go just Pokemon snap 2?

Like, the catching part sucks poo poo and I don't know a single person who actually bothered with gyms, just focus on the ar pictures, idiots

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

RandomFerret posted:

Like, the catching part sucks poo poo and I don't know a single person who actually bothered with gyms, just focus on the ar pictures, idiots

better question: why wasn't there a pokemon snap 2 on the wii u, the console with a second controller that would have been perfectly suited to a game like Pokemon Snap

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Pokemon Go was developed by people who suck at making games. They just struck gold with the license.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 13, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pokemon Let's Go getting good reviews and fans are so mad. YOU JUST LIKE NOSTALGIA, they shout. Stupid genwunners! They cry

I already pre-ordered the hell out of it and you can bet your rear end I will be playing it non-stop once it’s out and I’m going to catch them all and I’m going to put all the hats on Eevee and beat the gently caress out of the rival especially that bullshit ambush after mount moon. gently caress you, Gary.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I already pre-ordered the hell out of it and you can bet your rear end I will be playing it non-stop once it’s out and I’m going to catch them all and I’m going to put all the hats on Eevee and beat the gently caress out of the rival especially that bullshit ambush after mount moon. gently caress you, Gary.

So your rival isn't Gary. Gary (Blue) and Red show up as separate characters but you're some dude going on your journey like 2 days after they left or some poo poo.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I haven't touched a Pokemon game in a long rear end time so this games release time is absolutley perfect for me cos i'm itchin to catch some pokes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

More like Gen WINNERS, because I'm gonna Pokemon GO enjoy a good game :smug:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Stop getting mad about video games lmfao

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I do not understand why people are so angry or hyped about what is literally babby's first Pokémon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Computer posted:

I do not understand why people are so angry or hyped about what is literally babby's first Pokémon

Cause it's going to be MY babbys first Pokemon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

BABBY DOESN'T DESERVE MY POKEMON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Because this is the first time since I was 10 that I'll know all their names.