Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The Diablo bug has bit me again in full force and now i seem to have run dry on Death's Breath in the process of updating my Demon Hunter's gear to be Ancient/Ancient Set stuff.

No better way to get those then just killing things in boring normal rifts right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Add me for switch ... only lvl 55.

SW-4618-0265-1122

Played on ps3/ps4 right until seasons so it’s been awhile but I’ve already played like 2 days straight

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What’s the recommendation for a build site since someone said icy veins are trash?

jabro fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 14, 2018

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Folt The Bolt posted:

And the guy recommends cubing Nailuj, right?

It's one of the rings I'm trying to get now.

Don't take that as gospel. You want to cube the weakest roll of the three rings because the extracted power is always the max potential roll for that power.

The Shame Boy posted:

The Diablo bug has bit me again in full force and now i seem to have run dry on Death's Breath in the process of updating my Demon Hunter's gear to be Ancient/Ancient Set stuff.

No better way to get those then just killing things in boring normal rifts right?

The Sage's set is a crafted armor set with boots, gloves and a helm. The 3 piece set bonus is dropping an extra DB.

jabro posted:

What’s the recommendation for a build site since someone said icy veins are trash?

Reddit, the older threads, diablofans.com, and I'm sure other people have some more ideas. There usually isn't anything wrong with using the IV builds as a guideline, just don't rigidly adhere to them. They are usually good about including a write up about the justification for their gear/skill choices, so you can make changes and tweaks to fit what feels best for you while still understanding the thrust of their build.

Play around with item interactions and see what works for you.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yev, I'm pretty sure you're a goon and your nemesis keeps coming up at the worst time. Was doing t4 key warden for my cache and he popped right in.

As an aside, does the vibrate function signify anything? It went off for the nemesis but sometimes I get random vibrates for unknown reasons.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

m.hache posted:

Yev, I'm pretty sure you're a goon and your nemesis keeps coming up at the worst time. Was doing t4 key warden for my cache and he popped right in.

As an aside, does the vibrate function signify anything? It went off for the nemesis but sometimes I get random vibrates for unknown reasons.

Oh dude, that fucker is rude and I’m sorry. I am yev, so you’re eating my mistakes. I died 3x in a row to him lastnight while trying to see if I could do t10s reliably. Turns out I cannot yet, still some elite combos that I just die waaaay too often to. I don’t know anything about the nemesis system, but does it get its power level/ created where the host dies? He’s a t10 rear end in a top hat if so, and is around for awhile.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 14, 2018

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

onesixtwo posted:

Oh dude, that fucker is rude and I’m sorry. I am yev, so you’re eating my mistakes. I died 3x in a row to him lastnight while trying to see if I could do t10s reliably. Turns out I cannot yet, still some elite combos that I just die waaaay too often to. I don’t know anything about the nemesis system, but does it get its power level/ created where the host dies? He’s a t10 rear end in a top hat if so, and is around for awhile.

Definitely not T10. I'm slowly clearing T4 and managed to get him.

Still fun though. Love the console addition.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

m.hache posted:

Probably either grabbing a power globe (the yellow orbs) and getting the Nephalem Glory buff, or it wearing off.

Also, since I'm chain posting, I should probably at least add my friend code:
SW-7462-1140-4154

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Just about to hit 70 on my Cruaader. Friend code is SW-2281-3394-0242 if anyone wants to group.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Switch version has an update. I don't know if anything game-wise was changed, but the home screen icon isn't so boring anymore.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My girlfriend has never seen a Diablo game until I showed her D3 on the Switch and even she picked up on how the icon just doesn’t match the game’s design at all.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Waffle! posted:

Switch version has an update. I don't know if anything game-wise was changed, but the home screen icon isn't so boring anymore.

All I could find aside from that is that they didn't fix a bug with necros and curses either not applying or not appearing to apply on targets. Took 10 minutes to pull down whatever needed patching, and they don't want to talk about it *shrug*

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I thought something was screwy with Necro curses, and it felt like I couldn't time Frailty right to actually kill anything. So I stuck the aura rune on it with the passive that makes curses permanent and if something dies, it dies. :shrug:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Emron posted:

So F&R is going to be less damage but only if I perfectly hit my cooldowns at the optimal time? I'm not going to push for leaderboards, this is strictly a bedtime grinding game first me, so F&R seems like more mindless fun.

a krysbin's and an empty ring slot while paying 0 attention to anything is going to give you more damage than 2 perfect f&r

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bleh Im super late on this but I'm sw-1396-1537-5991

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok I have a bunch of you on a friends list but... how do I play with you?

Also should we spin up a discord or something so we can somehow communicate?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

m.hache posted:

Ok I have a bunch of you on a friends list but... how do I play with you?

Also should we spin up a discord or something so we can somehow communicate?

If you're on switch, you can join friends by navigating to the friends list on the minus menu in-game or the main menu. (it's on the upper right hand corner of the screen) Select the name and a little secondary menu will pop up and you can join their party. Keep in mind that you can join anyone's party that's online and open to at least friends, but if they're paused for any reason it won't let you actually enter the game until they unpause it.

As far as Discord, we could just use the existing Serious Overchill discord in the private servers subforum. It's already one of the main Goon gaming hubs, so we may as well use it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Nintengoons discord also has a Diablo 3 channel.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I bought this game on switch (well and a switch) since I take a lot of 15+ hour flights and there are only so many books and movies you can commit to that long. Pretty pumped for it. Also got breath of the wild because someone said it was good and I liked ocarina if time as a kid.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Vomik posted:

Also got breath of the wild because someone said it was good and I liked ocarina if time as a kid.

Not to derail but temper your expectations for it being like OoT.

It will give you the same sense and wonder as OoT did, but it is not exactly the same structure.

D3, made it to 55 last night via Act 2. I noticed I was getting pretty torn up (but still not dying) to some of the witch clan's minions. Realized I had neglected a lot of my armor. I had been rocking level 30 armor that had some decent vitality and Necro perks.

I switched them out and have been running drain blood, been doing much better, but now I'm back down to gold gear with 1 socket for armor.

Not sure how else to describe it as I'm still not able to grok exactly how the loot system works.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Two Beans posted:

Nintengoons discord also has a Diablo 3 channel.

Do you have a link to this server?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Trying to gather the Inarius set for my necro and want to make sure I'm doing this the best way possible. According to https://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cM-s4e66ql2zsrkfkfKXmvVJ4zmngzxdzVLk9gvLvT8/htmlview?sle=true there's a slightly better chance to get the items I'm looking for if I stick with shoulders instead of boots or any other slot. Once I have a few of those use the convert set item and I'll be set right?

Running T7 rifts and bounties on my wizard then passing the caches and shoulders to my necro to collect and cube.

Also just got paragon 173 and have no idea what I'm doing with those points so haven't placed any yet

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 14, 2018

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
Is there anyone else in this thread playing HC Seasonal? I added a bunch of goons but all y'all wimps are playing Softcore :smuggo:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Emron posted:

Do you have a link to this server?

From the old switch thread (locked due to bowsette spam)

https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Easiest way to get Westmarch Holy Water?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Feenix posted:

Easiest way to get Westmarch Holy Water?

Complete Act V bounties. Incidentally; the ONLY way.

edit: also, I specifically sought people to friend me so that Nemesis poo poo would happen. I've got five regular d3 players on my friend roll now and yet to have one pop :(

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Beastie posted:

Not to derail but temper your expectations for it being like OoT.

It will give you the same sense and wonder as OoT did, but it is not exactly the same structure.

D3, made it to 55 last night via Act 2. I noticed I was getting pretty torn up (but still not dying) to some of the witch clan's minions. Realized I had neglected a lot of my armor. I had been rocking level 30 armor that had some decent vitality and Necro perks.

I switched them out and have been running drain blood, been doing much better, but now I'm back down to gold gear with 1 socket for armor.

Not sure how else to describe it as I'm still not able to grok exactly how the loot system works.

My philosophy is that unless I'm level 70 and have a build in mind, always follow the will of the green arrows.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

My philosophy is that unless I'm level 70 and have a build in mind, always follow the will of the green arrows.

Yeah I had subscribed to the idea that gold tier = better than but clearly that is not the case. I'm not usually a numbers/rpg guy so this kind of stuff tends to bewilder me.

I shall follow the path of the green arrows.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Julian’s Love (skeleton mage ring) is going to drive me crazy gambling for it. Internet told me a level 11 is the best way to farm for it because that’s the first / only unique ring available? So now I’m running rifts to farm shards and cashing them out on a level 11 because I’m desperate here.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

NitroSpazzz posted:

Also just got paragon 173 and have no idea what I'm doing with those points so haven't placed any yet

Go ahead and place em. You can reset them at any time for free. If you're a necro, I'd prioritize movement speed, crit chance, life, and area damage.

Also, movement speed is capped at 25% across items and paragon, so eventually you can hit max movement speed without any items having the stat on it.

onesixtwo posted:

Julian’s Love (skeleton mage ring) is going to drive me crazy gambling for it. Internet told me a level 11 is the best way to farm for it because that’s the first / only unique ring available? So now I’m running rifts to farm shards and cashing them out on a level 11 because I’m desperate here.

Don't forget you can also upgrade rare rings to legendary rings in the cube.

Kamikaze Raider fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 14, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Don't forget you can also upgrade rare rings to legendary rings in the cube.

I absolutely have forgotten about that. Is it any rare, or the same model? Same model might be from d2 knowledge and irrelevant, but thank you, I have another farm for that ring now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beastie posted:

Yeah I had subscribed to the idea that gold tier = better than but clearly that is not the case. I'm not usually a numbers/rpg guy so this kind of stuff tends to bewilder me.

I shall follow the path of the green arrows.

They're better than other things of the same level, in the same way that your light up sneakers were hot poo poo in 1st grade but you should probably buy a new pair by the time you're in high school, since you outgrew the old ones years ago.

Once you hit max level and everything by definition is the same level is when you start holding onto things.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

onesixtwo posted:

I absolutely have forgotten about that. Is it any rare, or the same model? Same model might be from d2 knowledge and irrelevant, but thank you, I have another farm for that ring now.

It's any rare rings.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

onesixtwo posted:

If you mean "does it matter what type of equipment I upgrade": rare 1h axes will always upgrade to legendary 1h axes, rare helms to legendary helms, rare phylacteries to legendary phylacteries. You can use this to explicitly target items (and you can double use this for kanai's cube fuckery by checking "what is the lowest level this legendary can appear at" and using a low level alt to reduce the pool of available legendaries), but don't forget to double check the item itself-- you can't get a legendary that only drops from Bounty Caches, and there's a difference between (for example) a Wizard Hat vs Helm that you can waste a lot of time with accidentally.

If you mean "does it matter what specific rare item you upgrade": There's a "rare upgrade" RNG seed that gets called when you upgrade any rare to legendary, with the effective outcome of "it literally doesn't matter what specific rare ring you upgrade, just how many times you do it".

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

5er posted:

edit: also, I specifically sought people to friend me so that Nemesis poo poo would happen. I've got five regular d3 players on my friend roll now and yet to have one pop :(

We're just so good that we aren't dying.

:aaaaa:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

m.hache posted:

Ha, good one. Right. :stare:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
My power ramped up exponentially. Got my 6p rathma and Jesse set and my mages will Crit for 1.3bil.

Clearing GR55 fairly easily. Just need some more toughness and I need to fill out my gems, cubes and accessories.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah it took me forever to get mine but I jumped from barely being able to do t6 to t10 really fast after it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm amazed at how many torment or rift levels you can jump up every time you get a new "essential" piece to a good build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

m.hache posted:

I finally got *one* nemesis. But it died so loving fast I couldn't see who from. GG dying anonymous goon, thank you for the free DBs!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm amazed at how many torment or rift levels you can jump up every time you get a new "essential" piece to a good build

Yup! That's the dawning of understanding how certain stats particularly benefit specific builds, and how priorities might change depending on what set you're filling out.