Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

And now the mayor of Dallas is complaining of an east coast bias
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/13/dallas-mayor-michael-rawlings-discusses-amazon-hq2-selection.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The RFP specifically said that the city has to offer robust public transportation. Apparently nobody in Dallas can read.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This is praxis.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1062439162349989888?s=21

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/jaywillis/status/1062468001134333953?s=20
"Sen. Mitch McConnell: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country?"

:shuckyes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I want to punch him in his turtle face.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also who’s surprised?!

https://twitter.com/public_citizen/status/1062044364623527943?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Preplanned argument strategies:
"Hey Dave, remember that Iraq War you thought was such a good idea? What happened with that?"
"Hey Dave, how much was your bankruptcy for?" ($600k)
"Hey Dave, wanna compare credit scores?"

"Last time I checked the only part of this family that has spent any time in the military was us, and we're all progressive types"
(This is also a trap in case they decide to bring up my two cousins we were in the army less than a year before getting kicked out)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Wow I wonder what country that does big showy military parades every year this could be

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Same but his turtle dick.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Generation Internet posted:

Wow I wonder what country that does big showy military parades every year this could be

Norks to own the libs

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What in tarnation I say for like the 3rd time today.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK I've tweeted to Lee J. Carter about the Bob & Edith's situation and I'll evaluate his praxis by his response.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lol what the gently caress

I actually am surprised at this one

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Fallom posted:

Lol what the gently caress

I actually am surprised at this one

So am I, assuming it's who we all think it is. It's beyond dumb.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
it's totally ksa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vasudus posted:

it's totally ksa

I was thinking Russia but yeah KSA fits too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

In more heartening news, AOC says gently caress decorum

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/13/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-sunrise-activists-nancy-pelosi/

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
How long before she gets kicked out of the Democratic Party?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

How long before she gets kicked out of the Democratic Party?

Several of the new House dems are of the same type as AOC, and are tired of the centrist, reaching across the aisle, Democratic Party machine. If enough Dems peel off from the establishment centrist bullshit, then Pelosi won't be speaker, it will be one of the other House reps who are looking at the seat, and all of them are much further left than Pelosi.

Pelosi's already lost 10 of the 20 votes she can afford to lose and still be elected Speaker, if she keeps up with the decorum bullshit then she will likely lose the other 10.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only current challenger to Pelosi's seat is a blue(r) dog.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

can she run for pres or is she too young

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Republicans could vote for Pelosi to own the libs.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The only current challenger to Pelosi's seat is a blue(r) dog.

Still further left than Pelosi, I'll take it over a term of mealy-mouthed decorum whining, though I really wish there were more people in the house willing to run for the Speaker position.

Also, well, Barbara Lee is considering running for the position too. She's notable for being the only member of Congress to vote against the AUMF in 2001, as well as one of the very few who voted against expanding the AUMF to include Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Lee

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 14, 2018

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Several of the new House dems are of the same type as AOC, and are tired of the centrist, reaching across the aisle, Democratic Party machine. If enough Dems peel off from the establishment centrist bullshit, then Pelosi won't be speaker, it will be one of the other House reps who are looking at the seat, and all of them are much further left than Pelosi.

Pelosi's already lost 10 of the 20 votes she can afford to lose and still be elected Speaker, if she keeps up with the decorum bullshit then she will likely lose the other 10.

So the Democrats are getting rid of their Boehner - who will be the Ryan?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

Still further left than Pelosi

*tilts hand Hungarianishly*

Ehhhhhhhh

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

can she run for pres or is she too young

she's 28, have to be 35 for president

so 2028 would be the earliest election she could run

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

AOC won as a leftist in one of the most liberal districts in the country. The lesbian native American woman that won in Kansas (who AOC campaigned against with Bernie) and Beto are waaaay better options than someone who hasn't had to actually work to win over non-liberals.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
There was an article earlier today saying that she already has like 150 no votes, mostly coming from freshman or incoming representatives.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahahahaha.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Can Virginia's speeding laws and limits be considered "unduly harming innovation"?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Can Virginia's speeding laws and limits be considered "unduly harming innovation"?

Listen I've spent half my time in Virginia and half my time in New Mexico and Colorado and I'll tell you the draconian traffic laws in VA are loving worth it because in states where the cops don't bother enforcing any the drivers go balls-to-the-wall bonkers

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If I posted what I wanted to do to Mitch McConnell I'd be banned for getting the secret service called on Lowtax again

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vasudus posted:

she's 28, have to be 35 for president

so 2028 would be the earliest election she could run

She'll be 35 right before the 2024 election.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fallom posted:

Listen I've spent half my time in Virginia and half my time in New Mexico and Colorado and I'll tell you the draconian traffic laws in VA are loving worth it because in states where the cops don't bother enforcing any the drivers go balls-to-the-wall bonkers

Leaving Alabama and heading into Georgia via 85 from 65 (end destination northeast Atlanta suburbs) it's a marked difference and for the worst. That said I don't know if that's because of poor enforcement or just because the Greater Metro area is loving enormous and starts in Coweta county IIRC. You're barely in the state for half an hour at interstate speeds before people start driving like it's a mad max prequel.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Milo and POTUS posted:

Leaving Alabama and heading into Georgia via 85 from 65 (end destination northeast Atlanta suburbs) it's a marked difference and for the worst. That said I don't know if that's because of poor enforcement or just because the Greater Metro area is loving enormous and starts in Coweta county IIRC. You're barely in the state for half an hour at interstate speeds before people start driving like it's a mad max prequel.

I drive on I20 and the I75/85 merge every day, it's not a large exaggeration to call it the fury road.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

I appreciate being able to do 10 over everywhere I go in Colorado because some rear end in a top hat within a stones' throw of me is going faster, probably swerving and on the phone.

The construction between the Springs and Denver is gonna be hilariously terrible the next few years though.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm glad that I live in the city with the best drivers, Chicago

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Thalantos posted:

I drive on I20 and the I75/85 merge every day

Gross.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Thalantos posted:

I drive on I20 and the I75/85 merge every day, it's not a large exaggeration to call it the fury road.

Someone called the atlanta perimeter a mad max prequel a few years back and it was so poetic and apt I stole it wholesale. It's nutty. I'd almost rather chance midtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If I posted what I wanted to do to Mitch McConnell I'd be banned for getting the secret service called on Lowtax again