Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Orphea’s most obviously overperforming talents are launching in a slightly nerfed state but not sure if it’ll be enough. She is gruesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ToastyPotato posted:

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22647956/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-november-13-2018-2018-11-13/

She's in the actual patch notes, what was linked was the blog post for the bundles.

I find it kinda funny that they are releasing a new hero so soon before launching the hero role rework. I hope the delay in implementing the new roles is that they are still tweaking who will go where and that the Blizzcon list wasn't final, but I am not holding my breath.

Oh cool thanks. Every single note for Orphea is a nerf, she must have been god-awful on the PTR lol

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Where’s the janitor ?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PantsBandit posted:

Oh cool thanks. Every single note for Orphea is a nerf, she must have been god-awful on the PTR lol

she had an infinite stacking damage quest on her biggest nuke and a talent at 20 that gave her +100% spell damage, so... yes

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PantsBandit posted:

yeah it was bad

part of it is that her design is insanely overloaded so that's going to continue to magnify issues

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The more busted heroes that come out the less chance there is of people banning my azmodan. So I say bring on the OP anime girl

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That said all her spells are insanely slow, so I will continue to be That Guy Who Plays Genji and never take damage from her. :v:

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I was destroying an Illidan who kept diving me as her. Not sure that's totes fair.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuntellectual posted:

That said all her spells are insanely slow, so I will continue to be That Guy Who Plays Genji and never take damage from her. :v:

Much like Genji, she's going to take a lot of finesse to play properly. Also like Genji, people who play her properly are going to be almost completely unstoppable.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

Good news, she's awful on live too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am enjoying Orphea to be honest. Mainly I just like how cool she looks.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I’ve been chaining High Energy Zarya games in QM and am having the time of my loving LIFE with all the Orpheas around

Enemy Orphea? Soak her telegraphed burst with Personal Barrier and force her to back off with boosted AA laser and Particle Grenades

Friendly Orphea? Hit her with Shield Ally as she combo dives, then combo Graviton Surge and Eternal Feast for nasty team wipes

Feels real fuckin good

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hahaha they changed it so tyrande is coded as a sole healer instead of a second support so now teams are getting hosed in qm by having whitemane vs tyrande

Relin fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 14, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Uhh she is a solo healer now?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tyrande has been a proper healer since her rework.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Relin posted:

hahaha they changed it so tyrande is coded as a sole healer instead of a second support so now teams are getting hosed in qm by having whitemane vs tyrande

She's one of the stronger solo healers in the game right now

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Well, this new HOTS character seems pretty good! Huh. Wow, she's like...REALLY good. Huh....

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

PantsBandit posted:

Well, this new HOTS character seems pretty good! Huh. Wow, she's like...REALLY good. Huh....

yeah but what did you get in your lootbox?????

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dire Human posted:

yeah but what did you get in your lootbox?????

I'm going to reopen hots just to answer your question.

oh snap I got the alarak announcer! You have blessed my lootbox this day.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

PantsBandit posted:

I'm going to reopen hots just to answer your question.

oh snap I got the alarak announcer! You have blessed my lootbox this day.

hmph, i've known much better lootboxes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Now you too can know the joy of being berated all game by John deLancie

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I pulled the Anub'arak announcer the other day. :)

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
That’s Kerrigan numbers

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Speaking of Kerrigan, what do the keypresses for her combo look like as well as the positioning of the mouse? I haven't quite figured out the muscle memory for the combo, as well as the positioning for the stun.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

lucifirius posted:

Speaking of Kerrigan, what do the keypresses for her combo look like as well as the positioning of the mouse? I haven't quite figured out the muscle memory for the combo, as well as the positioning for the stun.

Think McIntyre has a video on it. Maybe Grubby?

Anyway it’s different depending on where they are in relation to you. At range the stun goes down about halfway between you and the tip of Primal Grasp, and you basically go stun + primal straight after.

In melee you gotta put the stun behind you a bit as they are pulled through you by Primal Grasp, and you wait a tiny bit longer to pull otherwise they can walk away.

Once you get it down it’s great. There was a period when Kerrigan got reworked where no one knew how to dodge the stun because Kerrigan was so rarely played. It was the dream. Now some people are getting wise to it so you gotta be a bit cunning where you grasp.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I think one of the big across-the-board problems Blizzard's having with new characters lately is giving them powerful ults with cooldowns that are simply too low. The Whitemane 40 armor ult keeps getting brought up and it's a great example of a really strong, fight-swinging ability that can basically be done in pretty much every single fight, is useful on the attack or as a counter to being dived, and shores up one of Whitemane's ostensible weaknesses (and oh yeah it also heals people too). Compare this to something like Crystal Aegis which is also a 60 second cooldown and ask yourself which one of these ults would you rather have in your pocket. Malganis similarly, I feel like his ult CDs are a bit low for what they are in that they're both ways for an already tanky disruptive character to survive even harder, one of which can put out a bunch of damage to whoever he healthswaps with and the other of which makes him literally invulnerable while also allowing him to top his health up in the process like a mega iceblock.

The reason I'm zeroing in on this is one of the dumbest things about Orphea is that both of her ults are on a 50 second cooldown which is, more than anything else about her character design, completely stupid. I'm looking in particular at Crushing Jaws which is a generously sized AoE that yanks enemies into the center of its area, damages them, and applies a stun. She gets to do this every 50 seconds on top of all her other stuff. For comparison, Grav-o-Bomb is on a 110 second cooldown, has a longer windup, and doesn't even stun without setting up a bomb combo in advance.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Think McIntyre has a video on it. Maybe Grubby?

Anyway it’s different depending on where they are in relation to you. At range the stun goes down about halfway between you and the tip of Primal Grasp, and you basically go stun + primal straight after.

In melee you gotta put the stun behind you a bit as they are pulled through you by Primal Grasp, and you wait a tiny bit longer to pull otherwise they can walk away.

Once you get it down it’s great. There was a period when Kerrigan got reworked where no one knew how to dodge the stun because Kerrigan was so rarely played. It was the dream. Now some people are getting wise to it so you gotta be a bit cunning where you grasp.

Cool thanks, I know how to play against her, I'm just not the best at playing her. I'm sure she's still going to be good despite the nerfs, though people in my rank haven't been picking her since said nerfs.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tbh anyone who didn't expect the "first totally unique Heroes of the Storm character!" to be completely overpowered on release...well, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i just wish she wasn't so goddamn anime

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Whats the TL;DR on how to counter the new hero? Both in terms of good heroes to pick, and tactics to use against her.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Seems like slippery heroes like that don't enjoy being taunted.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I heard a few pros mention that the new hero is weak to CC and burst.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

If you dodge one of her Qs she has 5 seconds with no mobility and on top of that she has zero hard CC except for her ult. She's got the potential to have extremely high dps but isn't as hard to deal with as Genji for example.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

kaesarsosei posted:

Whats the TL;DR on how to counter the new hero? Both in terms of good heroes to pick, and tactics to use against her.

Log out, play a different game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NeurosisHead posted:

Log out, play a different game

Or just dodge a Q so she's helpless for several seconds.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Butcher is very strong against her. He can close the gap with his charge, and then slow her with the cleaver. Even if she hits him with a Q (which is actually tough when someone is that close to you) the slow from the cleaver puts her in a really rough spot.

And if you're playing Butcher and just wait for her to whiff a single Q she's pretty much screwed.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yeah any real hard cc and she is cooked. At least from my limited time playing her.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Also why having teammates that can counteract burst is super helpful for Orphea. In the game I posted earlier I had a Zarya and a Morales backing me up so I could get in close for big chomps without having to worry about getting nuked.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Orphea owns imho.

What build are folks going?

I've been doing:

1: Ancestral
4: Allegrissimo
7: Insatiable
10: Jaws
13: Determination
16: Bond of Anguish
20: Eldritch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Missing her Q leaves her vulnerable. Landing hits on people is imperative.

Or get the talent that pushes you back automatically with her W. That has saved my rear end a lot.