Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Condiv posted:

Ok, so shut up and support sinema in her efforts to normalize fascism. What I don’t get is why I’m forced to both support fascism enablers in the general and not criticize their lovely behavior outside of the election cycle

Who is saying you shouldn't criticize her lovely behavior when she's in office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fans posted:

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between “Nobody can be perfect, but we should support people making an effort and not disown them because they made a misstep“ and “Well they’re better than an actual Nazi I guess”

The thing is that that doesn’t make a difference now. She’s elected. We’re supposed to push her to not be poo poo at this point right? So why are people trying to ignore her being poo poo and say “well she’s better than a nazi”? We’re democrats!!! We should be aiming higher than that! And we’re not in the middle of an election so there’s no nazi to replace her for 6 years. Are we supposed to resign ourselves to her supporting trump’s agenda?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Petr posted:

Why do the Dems Bad people just reply to each other endlessly in ironic argument instead of just stating and defending their actual positions

Because we get stupid replies like "She HAD to vote for fascism, it was a Republican trap!"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nice another Dems are bad hellthread

Plz have an indictment or something drop today to save this mess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Boy the level of shitposting in here this morning is pretty drat deep. I knew it wouldn't be very long until the militant wing of the "Dems bad!" crew had their say, even after the midterms went better for Ds than forecast. Gotta keep moving those goalposts! Who cares if Sinema won, she's bad anyway! As predictable as it is tiring.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

The thing is that that doesn’t make a difference now. She’s elected. We’re supposed to push her to not be poo poo at this point right? So why are people trying to ignore her being poo poo and say “well she’s better than a nazi”? We’re democrats!!! We should be aiming higher than that! And we’re not in the middle of an election so there’s no nazi to replace her for 6 years. Are we supposed to resign ourselves to her supporting trump’s agenda?

i'm sorry could you pick a side: is there no room for Actual Fascist Nazis like Sinema in the party, or are you just trying to pressure her to be better going forward

because no one disagrees with you about the latter, but you keep saying the former and the people who agree with you are saying she is literally equivalent to a nazi for that vote.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

tetrapyloctomy posted:

And pressuring Democrats to be better is somehow mutually exclusive with also using the primary to drive to the left and using the primary to keep the Republican out? We have to pick one now?

I didn’t argue any such thing. I said she’s poo poo and her behavior should be unwelcome in the democratic party

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Because we get stupid replies like "She HAD to vote for fascism, it was a Republican trap!"

And your response to that is to cackle and jeer with people who you know safely agree with you, like a forums Salacious Crumb. It's boring.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Of everything in politics, I think the most bizarre pathology that I can never ever rightly comprehend is "oh when that politician said/did that terrible thing, they didn't mean it, they were just lying to trick all those other idiots into supporting them, but I'm smart enough to see through it and support them too!"

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Condiv posted:

Oh no that’s fair, keep the pressure on and primary the gently caress out of her if she doesn’t bend. Just don’t get what expelling them from the party even achieves at this point

The idea her backing ICE workers is the same as actual fascism seems pretty stupid. It’s like saying anyone who supports the troops is a Nationalist, you’re going off the deep end if that’s all it takes.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Looks like Rep Steny Hoyer might get the Speakership. He reportedly has 155 votes and looking back at some of his remarks on Trump...I am kinda hopeful he might be a good attack dog.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/397456-hoyer-trump-committed-treason-in-helsinki

quote:

“The emperor has no clothes, no ethics, no integrity, no common sense.”

Edit: I mixed up Majority Leader and the Speakership. He might get Majority Leader. I will leave my wrongness up as a badge of shame.

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 14, 2018

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

friendbot2000 posted:

Looks like Rep Steny Hoyer might get the Speakership. He reportedly has 155 votes and looking back at some of his remarks on Trump...I am kinda hopeful he might be a good attack dog.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/397456-hoyer-trump-committed-treason-in-helsinki

You're insane if you think Hoyer getting speakership is anything resembling good news.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

i'm sorry could you pick a side: is there no room for Actual Fascist Nazis like Sinema in the party, or are you're just trying to pressure her to be better going forward

Both eke out. Since we’re stuck with her she has to be pushed left. lovely people who are ok with kids being ripped away from their parents at the border shouldn’t be part of the democrats. This isn’t hard

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Guys maybe just most of the powerful people in a corrupt and morally vapid system are inevitably bad people, and we should cherish the few good people we have.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

friendbot2000 posted:

Can't wait to still hear nonstop about Obama Hillary and Pelosi when none of them holds a lever of power anymore

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Petr posted:

Why do the Dems Bad people just reply to each other endlessly in ironic argument instead of just stating and defending their actual positions

I just learned that supporting Democrats is like supporting Nazis and we're going to be sent to camps now.

Oh well, it was a good run.

Seriously, though:
Maybe the politics of Arizona Democrats or the state party isn't as left as the rest of us, or a more left candidate couldn't get support because of other things local to Arizona.

Or maybe one couldn't run, or there wasn't one.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

friendbot2000 posted:

You need to re-read the article you posted because it says nothing like that.

This says he has 155 votes to come back as House Majority Leader:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/11/13/155-democrats-sign-letter-backing-hoyer-for-majority-leader-n2535894

quote:

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer released a letter Tuesday signed by 155 Democratic lawmakers supporting his bid to be the next House majority leader. With the support of at least two-thirds of the incoming Democrats, Hoyer has all the votes he needs to take the second-ranking leadership spot in the House.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Office Pig posted:

You're insane if you think Hoyer getting speakership is anything resembling good news.

I am not familiar with Hoyer so any information correcting my notions is appreciated. I have not decided if it is good news or bad. Just that it is news.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

friendbot2000 posted:

God save us from young Democrats who don't remember the 1990s.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

He wants the Majority Leader spot, not the Speakership. He had it last time Democrats held the House, but he's a piece of poo poo.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Did we really get replies like that?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Doctor Butts posted:

I just learned that supporting Democrats is like supporting Nazis and we're going to be sent to camps now.

Oh well, it was a good run.

You are kind of doing the exact same thing I was just complaining about.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Petr posted:

And your response to that is to cackle and jeer with people who you know safely agree with you, like a forums Salacious Crumb. It's boring.

I'm sorry, what format do you require "Fascism is one of the very few hard lines Dems should always be against" to be presented in?

VitalSigns posted:

Of everything in politics, I think the most bizarre pathology that I can never ever rightly comprehend is "oh when that politician said/did that terrible thing, they didn't mean it, they were just lying to trick all those other idiots into supporting them, but I'm smart enough to see through it and support them too!"

The exact same people saying this now are the same ones that gleefully laughed at those idiots who thought Trump didn't mean what he said during the election. But THIS time it's acceptable

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

VH4Ever posted:

You need to re-read the article you posted because it says nothing like that.

This says he has 155 votes to come back as House Majority Leader:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/11/13/155-democrats-sign-letter-backing-hoyer-for-majority-leader-n2535894

gently caress, I got the two confused. My bad. Time to get some more coffee.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1062682189538779137

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

friendbot2000 posted:

He's TERRIBLE. He's a blue dog through and through.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Office Pig posted:

Steny Hoyer is the House minority whip for reason; his job is to beat party members into submission to support bills which usually includes a little ratfucking on the side. Agree, not a great choice.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fans posted:

Oh no that’s fair, keep the pressure on and primary the gently caress out of her if she doesn’t bend. Just don’t get what expelling them from the party even achieves at this point

The idea her backing ICE workers is the same as actual fascism seems pretty stupid. It’s like saying anyone who supports the troops is a Nationalist, you’re going off the deep end if that’s all it takes.

As much as I wish there was, there’s no actual mechanism to expel people from the party. And yes, her signing a resolution saying “I support ICE” right in the middle of it coming out that they’re ripping kids away from their families and that they’ve lost thousands of kids is just about as close to saying “I’m a fascist” as it gets

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

friendbot2000 posted:

He voted for the Iraq War.

gently caress why is he even in politics, everyone who voted for that catastrophe should have resigned from politics in 2004 when it was all revealed as a lie and then been sentenced to life in prison for war crimes and crimes against peace

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

friendbot2000 posted:

gently caress, I got the two confused. My bad.

No problemo, just want the record set right as always, I'm all about accuracy. Things are moving quick right now.

EDIT

You may want to edit your post as people are still quoting/reacting to its false info.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah so can we have the Trump thread back ffs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Condiv posted:

As much as I wish there was, there’s no actual mechanism to expel people from the party. And yes, her signing a resolution saying “I support ICE” right in the middle of it coming out that they’re ripping kids away from their families and that they’ve lost 2000 kids is just about as close to saying “I’m a fascist” as it gets

I completely agree with you. She's reprehensible. And she's going to be neck and neck with Manchin for the worst dem in the Senate but I don't know how giving McSally that seat would've resulted in more of a net positive for the things I want to have happen.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah Hoyer is arguably economically to the right of Pelosi.

Also, I am more to start more actively giving probations for empty meta-posting, it is way too late in the game for that poo poo.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 14, 2018

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

*votes to fund gay conversion therapy*

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

He voted for the Iraq War.

gently caress why is he even in politics, everyone who voted for that catastrophe should have resigned from politics in 2004 when it was all revealed as a lie and then sentenced to life in prison for war crimes and crimes against peace

Yeah, I was born in the 90's so I don't really have a comprehensive view of some of these old-timers in Congress that some of the older goons might have. If he voted for the Iraq War and is a Blue Dog, then I don't want him anywhere near the levers of power.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

You had no problem counting income benefits or what the gently caress ever from the tax bill that you knew we're garbage, ya gently caress

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

friendbot2000 posted:

Yeah, I was born in the 90's so I don't really have a comprehensive view of some of these old-timers in Congress that some of the older goons might have. If he voted for the Iraq War and is a Blue Dog, then I don't want him anywhere near the levers of power.

I'm not even as old as some others ITT but I have a decade on you thus have seen these people for 10 more years and yeah, it's not for nothing that I wish the Dems could do better than having Hoyer and Pelosi at the top of House leadership but, well, here we are. It's not for no reason that they get called out for being incrementalist centrists.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Petr posted:

You are kind of doing the exact same thing I was just complaining about.

I know.

I wasn't sure if copying the same absurd constant hyperbole from Dems Bad would get the point across.

It felt dirty, and probably had zero effect.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mcmagic posted:

I completely agree with you. She's reprehensible. And she's going to be neck and neck with Manchin for the worst dem in the Senate but I don't know how giving McSally that seat would've resulted in more of a net positive for the things I want to have happen.

i have never once said "hand the seat to McSally". the very first thing i have posted in this thread wrt sinema is that her behavior is reprehensible and should not be tolerable in the dem party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

twice burned ice posted:

Some of the most galaxy brained poo poo I've ever seen:

CNN Jim Acosta’s name is NOT Jim, his real name is ABILIO ACOSTA... Why is Jim Acosta ashamed of his Hispanic name?? JIM .... errrr.... ABILIO ACOSTA IS A RACIST RACIST RACIST

Fire back "why is Donald afraid of his original name Drumpf"