Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My dad goes by his middle name because otherwise he'd be a "Junior"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LadyPictureShow posted:

That's why I do it. I grew to hate it in J.R. high/HS because to differentiate me from another girl with the same name my classmates put the suffix -Guy onto my name. She got no suffix or -girl added to hers, because I was 'less feminine'.

...this is bizarre and terrible and completely at home in this thread

:smith:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

A Monster is same caffeine as a cup of coffee. It's really not a big deal unless you're drinking 6 cans a day or something.

Coffee ingredients: Beans, water

Monster ingredients:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Switchback posted:

Boyfriend googled “how to break up with emotionally unstable girlfriend” and I want to die

Girl you're not helping your case.

This is bit back but I can't get over how this girl unintentionally made a line that is hilarious.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monster ingredients:

Ricin ingredients: beans, maybe water IDK I don’t want to Google for “ricin recipe”.

E: I say this as a person who hates energy drinks for taste reasons and drinks 4-6 cups of coffee every day.

pinarello dogman
Jun 17, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monster ingredients:

Beans ingredients:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

bamhand posted:

A Monster is same caffeine as a cup of coffee. It's really not a big deal unless you're drinking 6 cans a day or something.

And then its mostly the sugar loving you up, though drinking more than ~500 mg of coffee caffeine a day is not really recommended.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 14, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There are also sugar free versions. My point is most energy drinks aren't some Extreme product that will ruin your health unless you really go overboard on them. They're no different from coffee, soda, or any other caffeinated beverage.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

value-brand cereal posted:

I hope to god someone showed this OP the 'jumin's pussy' tweet to show how crazy those fetishizing kpop girls are.

Soft and fluffy!

I googled this and got deleted tweets and a bunch of questionable-looking fanfic, can someone link like a screenshot or something please?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monster ingredients:

I;m thinking about thos Beans

crbrsd posted:

Beans ingredients:

I;m nuclear magnetic resonancifying thos Beans

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

There are also sugar free versions.

:goalposts:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

:goalposts:

Did you purposefully not quote the rest of my post where I say they're no different from just soda in general? Sure it's not great for you but having a soda, coffee, or energy drink every now and then isn't going to kill you.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I hear Monster is made from the nuclear waste you find when you cut open a golf ball

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I hear Monster is made from the nuclear waste you find when you cut open a golf ball

Pee is stored in the balls.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Admiral Ray posted:

And then its mostly the sugar loving you up, though drinking more than ~500 mg of coffee a day is not really recommended.
isn't 500 mL (which is what I assume you'd measure coffee in) like ~3 cups?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

Very close to a pint, so yeah, four 4oz "cups"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Oh jeez I misstyped there, meant to say caffeine.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

loquacius posted:

My dad goes by his middle name because otherwise he'd be a "Junior"

I deliberately didn't name either of my sons after me so they wouldn't be Juniors.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Monster: 36 mg of caffeine per 100 ml
Coffee: 40mg of caffeine per 100ml.

Basically it is like having a glass of Cola with some instant coffee dissolved in it (which is the best energy drink btw). The real trick is they market the 500ml can as "2 servings" but everybody just drinks the entire can.

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 14, 2018

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
He's going to find something out about me that stinks.

quote:

I (30f) met a great guy (40m) about 6 months ago when he was in my city for work. He is here a 4/5 nights a month and we usually have dinner and wine, great sex at his hotel, and then I go home. He always asks me to stay over but I don't because I have a small child at home. It's a fun fwb thing and we genuinely enjoy being together.

He is taking me on a ski trip next week. A gorgeous suite, slopeside for 3 nights. I'm really excited, we have had a blast planning this, and are both looking forward to having more time together.

Here is the problem, Reddit. I fart when I'm falling asleep. Not a small one, either. I usually wake up to myself farting. There's no avoiding this. We will be in bed after a great day of skiing, wining and dining, having fantastic sex and then it's going to happen. I'm going to be in that weird state between awake and asleep and I'm going to let one rip and promptly die of embarrassment. Then it's going to happen first thing in the morning and at night for the rest of our trip.

What's the etiquette here? Do I warn the poor dude on our way to the lodge? Excuse myself politely and act like nbd. Pretend I'm asleep and this is not happening? Borrow a dog, bring it, and blame it? So much fart anxiety. What is the done thing here? Realistically he's a great guy and logically I know he won't make it a big deal, so how do I stop making it a big deal?

Tldr: my fwb is going to hear me fart in bed

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

He's going to find something out about me that stinks.

quote:

I usually wake up to myself farting.

Nature is amazing.

Also let yourself fart during the day moran, jeez.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
"Some rear end in a top hat keeps waking me up!"

There, say that and if he laughs he's a keeper.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

[IN] Illegally installed a bidet on my apartment's toilet. Maintenance came and dismantled the bidet, charged me, and then took that bidet and another one that was just being stored. Do I have any basis here?

submitted 12 hours ago by lmMasturbating

Yes I understand that I wasn't allowed to make modifications to my apt, and that is in the lease and that's why I'm charged, but are they legally allowed to take the bidet in question and another one that was just stored that I never installed? This seems like stealing to me. It never says in my lease that they are allowed to take my things like that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
illegal party bidet

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boss forged my signature and opened up a 401k in my name. He is the guarantor. I found out about it on accident.

I do medical billing at a doctors office part time. I was sorting my papers as usual one morning when I came across something with my name on it. It had an account number and stated life insurance. I honestly thought it was a life insurance policy on myself and he was going to kill me or waiting for me to die.

I called the company it was through. Turns out it’s a retirement fund. He’s the guarantor. I wasn’t able to find out any other information unless I get his consent. The operator did state that it’s impossible for me to have not known about this account because I would of had to sign for it. I’ve worked there for over 7 years and have never signed anything about a 401k. My check stubs do not show a 401k.

I am certain I wasn’t supposed to find this. My boss is a pretty big douche for forging my signature and storing money in my name. I’m still not sure how it’ll benefit him. Some say he could cash it out after 7 years after i left. I don’t want to lose my job but I’d like my money. Or our money. Or can I even do anything about this. It can’t be legal.

Oh and multiple employee names were on there and they have never heard anything about a 401k. Our job doesn’t even offer insurance or paid holidays or anything that would help or benefit us.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

otoh monster is so fuckin gross I would actually rather chug a beaker of whatever carcinogenic lab acid people seem to think it is than a can of it

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Borrow a dog, bring it, and blame it?

this is utterly unnecessary but do it anyway

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boss forged my signature and opened up a 401k in my name. He is the guarantor. I found out about it on accident.

I do medical billing at a doctors office part time. I was sorting my papers as usual one morning when I came across something with my name on it. It had an account number and stated life insurance. I honestly thought it was a life insurance policy on myself and he was going to kill me or waiting for me to die.

I called the company it was through. Turns out it’s a retirement fund. He’s the guarantor. I wasn’t able to find out any other information unless I get his consent. The operator did state that it’s impossible for me to have not known about this account because I would of had to sign for it. I’ve worked there for over 7 years and have never signed anything about a 401k. My check stubs do not show a 401k.

I am certain I wasn’t supposed to find this. My boss is a pretty big douche for forging my signature and storing money in my name. I’m still not sure how it’ll benefit him. Some say he could cash it out after 7 years after i left. I don’t want to lose my job but I’d like my money. Or our money. Or can I even do anything about this. It can’t be legal.

Oh and multiple employee names were on there and they have never heard anything about a 401k. Our job doesn’t even offer insurance or paid holidays or anything that would help or benefit us.

"Well looks like you just ruined the christmas surprise for everyone!"
- Guy who is actually hiding money from his wife for the pending divorce

Edit: There's no such thing as a "guarantor" onm a 401(k)?? and also this lady's first instinct was "He's obviously planning to kill me now" so maybe she doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about?

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 14, 2018

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:911::fsmug::patriot::tf:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[IN] Illegally installed a bidet on my apartment's toilet. Maintenance came and dismantled the bidet, charged me, and then took that bidet and another one that was just being stored. Do I have any basis here?

submitted 12 hours ago by lmMasturbating

Yes I understand that I wasn't allowed to make modifications to my apt, and that is in the lease and that's why I'm charged, but are they legally allowed to take the bidet in question and another one that was just stored that I never installed? This seems like stealing to me. It never says in my lease that they are allowed to take my things like that

Proof that a bidet is only as mean as the guy usin’ it

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
I stand with ImMasturbating in solidarity.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

blarzgh posted:

"Well looks like you just ruined the christmas surprise for everyone!"
- Guy who is actually hiding money from his wife for the pending divorce

Edit: There's no such thing as a "guarantor" onm a 401(k)?? and also this lady's first instinct was "He's obviously planning to kill me now" so maybe she doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about?

(Edit: was wrong here re: employer 401k contributions reducing taxable income)

You also don't need a guarantor for a 401k loan because you are borrowing your own money. No credit history or co-signer needed. The OP doesn't understand what they're talking about but should look into it. It's probably mundane though:

quote:

I work with some doctors who have Profit Sharing Plans. I'm guessing they signed it while starting the job and had no idea. It's easier for a doctor's office with less than 10 employees to manage retirement funds in a single account managed by an Advisor rather than have individual 401ks.

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 14, 2018

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
ImMasturbating Goes to Washington - The Story of 28th Amendment concerning Bidet Laws.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

blarzgh posted:

And theres lots of reasons to go with middle names, i.e. we've agreed in advance that our next boy will take wife's maiden name as their first name and will go by their middle name.

But, like...why? Why not just make the maiden name the middle name?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Penguissimo posted:

But, like...why? Why not just make the maiden name the middle name?

yeah like what's the advantage of throwing this wrench

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This... literally makes no sense.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Life insurance might make more sense. I’m still not sure how it was profitable for wal mart to take out undisclosed life insurance policies on its employees.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That is utterly confusing. If youre going to give them a confusing name just give them something truly unique that shows off how awesome theyll be like "Can-Watch-Beginning-Of Up-Without-Crying".

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
like yeah my middle name is my moms maiden name, because sure, but like, why not just do that on paper if that's what you're gonna do in reality

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
"Hi, I'm Schlitzinger John Williamson. You can call me John"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

This... literally makes no sense.

Closest explanation I've seen on the Reddit thread is that it's a deferred income scheme. He takes the tax advantages for his business with giving significant employer 401k contributions and then reclaims them years later when the employee leaves and never claims the funds because they were never aware of them.