Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

HOT BREAD! posted:

Oh poo poo wait here's the update from the open relationship story yesterday (the "you slept with 20x my body count!!!!1" one)

Can I post an update? I (25f) am the now infamous "whore" from the post that blew up yesterday. Just broke things off with fiancé (27m).
This owns so hard. So hard.
:smug: "I might not be ready to accept your apology, you stupid whore."
:j: "I'm breaking up with you."
:smugjones: "but why?"

Gee, can't imagine why someone would ever leave such a catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

jokes about no nut november are all over the place rn, it's just an Extremely Online thing. Taking it seriously would be a really redpill-adjacent thing tho yeah, like the guy is almost definitely obsessed with Jordan Peterson.

also those comments make me want to die. or the commenters to die, whichever.

Extreme edging: an awesome and cool kink practice

No nut November: redpoll adjacent madness

Why is no one warning her about the fire hydrant eruption that awaits on December 1st

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My girlfriend scared me with her Chucky doll and now I might break up with her.

quote:

A few years ago, my girlfriend's dad bought a Chucky doll from Spencer's and when my girlfriend moved out of her parent's house into her apartment, she ended up taking the doll with her since her parents didn't have much use for it anymore. Her dad originally bought it just for the sake of having it, but he apparently didn't want it anymore.

My girlfriend owned that stupid thing for longer than we dated. We've been dating officially for about 7 months and things really started to fall apart this past weekend when I spent the night at her apartment. For as long as we've been dating, that doll has scared the poo poo out of me. I refuse to even watch the Chucky movies and I can't stand being near the doll. On some nights while sleeping at her apartment, I'd put the doll out on her back porch and make sure her sliding door is locked. There'll be other nights when I just won't sleep at her place even when she offers. The doll is loving scary and my girlfriend knows that I'm terrified of it.

This weekend when I was spending the night at her apartment, things got off to a bad start when I went to take a shower and when I pulled open the curtains, the doll was sitting in the tub. I screamed and lost my desire to shower, but my girlfriend said that I needed to lighten up and take a joke. Then when we were getting ready for bed, my girlfriend said that she left her water bottle in the kitchen and asked me to get it for her. But when I went into the kitchen, the Chucky doll was waiting for me on the table, holding a water bottle. I knocked the drat thing on the ground and my girlfriend was laughing hysterically. I warned her that I would leave if she did anything with the doll again and she said that she'd stop.

But then I woke up in the middle of the night to something tickling my nose. I opened my eyes and the first thing that I saw was the Chucky doll staring at me in my girlfriend's spot in bed. My girlfriend had been tickling me to wake me up and get me to come face to face with that doll. That's when I lost it. I picked up the doll and I went out onto her back porch and threw the doll off the porch and into the apartment parking lot. My girlfriend started freaking out and we both ran into the lot to get the doll. We ended up getting into a tug of war over the doll and my girlfriend was screaming like I was trying to go at her own baby. We were pretty loud and one person came out of their apartment and yelled at us to shut up. I then took the doll and threw it over the fence and into the pool. My girlfriend climbed the fence and actually jumped in the pool to get the doll and that's when I just got in my car and drove back home without another word to her.

Me and her have texted since then and she's pissed off at me, but she's also apparently in trouble with her apartment. She's in trouble for going into the pool after hours and also being loud and disturbing the other tenants. Her apartment has apparently threatened to terminate her lease over this incident. And now she's mad at ME for this, after all of the stupid poo poo she did with that drat doll. She knows that I'm scared of that thing and she kept poking the bear. I was just responding to her and now I have half a mind to break up with her. This entire episode is her fault and I think I need to properly punish her for it. What do you think?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

El_Elegante posted:

Extreme edging: an awesome and cool kink practice

No nut November: redpoll adjacent madness

Why is no one warning her about the fire hydrant eruption that awaits on December 1st

if he was generally fixated on how orgasms sap him of his precious vital energy he might just be a new-age kook but committing fulltime to the le epic reddit meme version means he's probably gonna shoot up a school

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

he clearly needs to break up with her because she sucks but the 'she needs to be properly punished' bit at the end makes me feel skeevy for thinking it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pranks: not even once

but especially not three times in a row

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Dude is a weenie if he wants to break up with with his partner of several years over a chucky doll.

Edit: on second reading, yeah he should break up with her for making that big of a scene over a doll and for trying to blame him.

therobit fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 14, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

he clearly needs to break up with her because she sucks but the 'she needs to be properly punished' bit at the end makes me feel skeevy for thinking it

they both suck, he just sucks a lil worse, staying with her would punish her adequately and spare everyone else either of them

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

My (29yoF) ex (30yoM) and I have a daughter together (4yo). We have been broken up for 2 years. His brother (25yoM) and I have been dating for a year and I just found out I’m pregnant. My ex doesn’t even know that we are dating. Why do I feel so guilty? What do I do?

quote:

My ex does not know we have been dating. I feel incredibly guilty for a) dating his brother and b) being pregnant. To the point where I’m on the fence about continuing on with the pregnancy but I don’t want to feel like that! I want my daughter to have a sibling. I want more kids. I want to be happy and not feel guilty. I’m not a terrible person. I wish I would have met the brother first. Please help. Has anyone been through a similar situation? It does get better, right?

Edited to add they have no relationship as brothers or friends and never have. He doesn’t feel like he owes him any sort of explanation.

TL;DR; : My ex and I have a child together. Dating his brother and now pregnant. Is it normal to feel guilty? I don’t know what to do.

Congrats on your new sibling-cousin, daughter!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Me: The one thing we know for sure is that he lied glibly and repeatedly to his significant other for several years.
You: BUT HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH THIS TIME, YOU PIECE OF poo poo!

I didn't argue because your assessment is dumb.

I actually didn't say anything about him or whether he was telling the truth or not. People who instantly and vehemently believe the worst in others without a ton of evidence often do so because they recognize that's what they would do. Probably that's the case with you. Or maybe not. It's also funny to needle you so perhaps I'm the REAL rear end in a top hat

jokes about no nut november are all over the place rn, it's just an Extremely Online thing. Taking it seriously would definitely be a tipoff that he's really into the redpill, Jordan Peterson end of the pool though.

so it's either an extremely dumb online joke taken way too far and way too seriously or it's some kind of redpill poo poo. Either way it's a red flag, I'm not partnering with a goddamn meme

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

therobit posted:

Dude is a weenie if he wants to break up with with his partner of several years over a chucky doll.

He's not breaking up with her over a doll, he's breaking up with her for continuing to prank him with it even after he made clear it wasn't cool, multiple times, with increasing intensity

Prank culture is a menace

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh it's definitely the former, just kidding-not-kidding the latter in the same vein as 4chan "ironically" believing in Jewish conspiracy theories.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

LadyPictureShow posted:

They should actually stay together forever and document their antics on the internet for us all to read, because this poo poo was hilarious to picture

CalamityKate posted:

My (29yoF) ex (30yoM) and I have a daughter together (4yo). We have been broken up for 2 years. His brother (25yoM) and I have been dating for a year and I just found out I’m pregnant. My ex doesn’t even know that we are dating. Why do I feel so guilty? What do I do?

Holy gently caress this is so trashy

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

therobit posted:

Edit: on second reading, yeah he should break up with her for making that big of a scene over a doll and for trying to blame him.

He says it's been seven months.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

CalamityKate posted:

New trailer park soap opera looking good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CalamityKate posted:

Having this baby is probably a bad idea, but dating your ex's sibling at all is a worse idea so in that context sure why not

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

loquacius posted:

Having this baby is probably a bad idea, but dating your ex's sibling at all is a worse idea so in that context sure why not

She needs to introduce her sister to her ex so the circle can be complete.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

wait till she reconciles with her ex and they form a polycule

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

loquacius posted:

Does this make you the uncle of your own kid?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mr-Spain posted:

duncle. i know these things can be confusing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wait till she reconciles with her ex and they form a polycule

She needs to date the ex's dad and the current beau date her mom and get a hypercule.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mr-Spain posted:

It gets complicated when your family tree starts looking more like a celtic knot.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

blarzgh posted:

"Well looks like you just ruined the christmas surprise for everyone!"
- Guy who is actually hiding money from his wife for the pending divorce

Edit: There's no such thing as a "guarantor" onm a 401(k)?? and also this lady's first instinct was "He's obviously planning to kill me now" so maybe she doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about?

After I left my last job, I wanted to convert my 401k from there to my own Roth IRA, and I had to get consent FROM my previous job to do it (which was part of the reason I wanted to convert it, so I had the money back under my control). It was pretty annoying because I left on bad terms and my old boss will intentionally drag his feet on things like this out of spite (but I went directly to his son who likes me to get it done).

So, the company who set up the 410k actually kind of DOES have control...? It's weird. But I still don't know how the employer would benefit from this, it's literally not his money.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

LadyPictureShow posted:

Girlfriend is an rear end in a top hat and that part about punishing her is real gross, but picturing a grown-rear end adult shrieking like a banshee at the sight of a goofy doll is one of the funniest loving things to come out of r/r

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
Posters in the duncle thread raising some sizzling questions:

reddit posted:

I'm curious to know how you even met/got together with your ex's brother if they have "no relationship?"

reddit posted:

Just flip the scenario the other way around if it was your sister that he was dating and they were gonna have a kid together and you didn't know how would you feel? Especially if he dated you before your sister and have a kid with you!

reddit posted:

Whyyyyyyy would you do this ??

and a couple burns which gave me a lol:

reddit posted:

Honestly I think you need to start outsourcing your life decisions.

reddit posted:

JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > /r/relationships: Honestly I think you need to start outsourcing your life decisions.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

well joining a cult is the logical next step for this rising star

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CalamityKate posted:

I hope there's a third brother who's scheduling a vasectomy and counting down the days until he gets laid.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CalamityKate posted:

She needs to get knocked up by their dad next.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

She legally might be required to return the ring. Its worth mailing it back to him because then he has no excuse to pester her further.

Here is a fun list of states:

a) States where you have to return the ring no matter what
- The Majority

b) States where you only have to return the ring if the other party was the one who broke it off
- Texas
- California
- Washington

c) States where you never have to return the ring
- Montana
- Nobody else?!?

(This is all a cursory google search, subject to actual research by anyone that care more than me.)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Girlfriend is an rear end in a top hat and that part about punishing her is real gross, but picturing a grown-rear end adult shrieking like a banshee at the sight of a goofy doll is one of the funniest loving things to come out of r/r

I was laughing pretty hard at how obviously his shrieking fear was giving her this huge adrenaline rush, so he kept getting more scared and she kept getting more excited and it all culminates in her climbing a fence and diving into a pool to save a doll as he basically gets in his car and runs away from fear. It just kept getting more and more wild until they were both acting like crazy people

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Motronic posted:

She needs to get knocked up by their dad next.

I believe that is called the "full Charles II"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

blarzgh posted:

(This is all a cursory google search, subject to actual research by anyone that care more than me.)

It depends on the nature of the relationship as well, and typically falls under general gifts. In some states you only have to give the ring back if it is a clear promisory to marriage, basically a contractual downpayment youre clawing back.

Regardless, in this womans case since her fiance had an open relationship hes kind of botched the whole thing because itll be hard to prove the ring is tied to marriage since you know the whole lets go gently caress other people.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

It depends on the nature of the relationship as well, and typically falls under general gifts. In some states you only have to give the ring back if it is a clear promisory to marriage, basically a contractual downpayment youre clawing back.

that's some suspiciously in-depth legal knowledge

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Play posted:

that's some suspiciously in-depth legal knowledge

Im also very familiar with Tiffany's return policy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

Im also very familiar with Tiffany's return policy

"yeah, they know me here" :smuggo:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it's been ten pages shut up about bosnian kid you fuckin weirdos

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

CalamityKate posted:

I was friends with a kid who had a family like this. Actual dad went to jail and uncle took in him and his mom and sister. A few years later and they had a new more than half brother.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

The mother being very obviously fakely suicidal to bait the couple into not alerting the police, who had the entire rest of the family there on speakerphone or something, I mean drat there are some fuckin layers.

This is roughly what happened to my wife and I with her mom and I posted earlier in the thread. Batshit crazy woman. We've gone no-loving-contact-ever on her and her enabling husband.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

bell jar posted:

it's been ten pages shut up about bosnian kid you fuckin weirdos

What the gently caress are you talking about, Walter?