Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

gently caress this loving poo poo-stained fuckwitted entitled arseweasel all the way to hell!

go back to reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

If Lobster Mobster wins I will buy Don Dongington a lobster dinner.

or crayfish.

What's a matter Mcfly? You chicken?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bak-gurrrk!

:henget:

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/michael47818552/status/1062443408420028416?s=21

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
https://mobile.twitter.com/theage/status/1062825124259397634

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Ladies and gents, Vic Labor

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Isn't she a dream LNP candidate given this story, or is the story bullshit?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

can't keep on message

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Recoome posted:

Maybe if the Greens would stop doing everything in their power to gently caress Labor over then Labor would preference them higher?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Recoome posted:

Greens too

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

monkeu posted:

Maybe if the Greens would stop doing everything in their power to gently caress Labor over then Labor would preference them higher?

:eyepop:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I heard a rumour that Vic Greens were specifically loving disabled people for ~bike lanes~, could anyone please confirm or deny?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Recoome posted:

I heard a rumour that Vic Greens were specifically loving disabled people for ~bike lanes~, could anyone please confirm or deny?

Greens wanted both and Labor tried to wedge them for one or the other. (Other being disabled access for tram stops)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

monkeu posted:

The Greens decided they were a real party and tried to play politics against the red death machine. Dumb move.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So you're telling me the Queensland greens are the most non offensive?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

JBP posted:

I'm not sure what to make of this. Isn't she a dream LNP candidate given this story, or is the story bullshit?

She's actually unhinged. I saw her Facebook before it was taken down and it was prime nuffy content. Not even dog whistle, just outright batshit loony.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Whitlam posted:

She's actually unhinged. I saw her Facebook before it was taken down and it was prime nuffy content. Not even dog whistle, just outright batshit loony.

Yeah I've seen her face before and filed it under loonies, was just wondering why this is the thing that made her quit or get pushed out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

In a marginal seat you dont want utter wingnuts.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

JBP posted:

Yeah I've seen her face before and filed it under loonies, was just wondering why this is the thing that made her quit or get pushed out.

My guess would be she's crazy enough and the seat is marginal enough they decided to cut their losses because she was doing more harm than good.

Incidentally I understand the Greens in Footscray are now focussing almost exclusively on Huong Truong and not talking about Angus.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Recoome posted:

A tram stop redevelopment was being expanded to support disabled passengers but the proposed design would have made things more dangerous for cyclists. The council (some of which but not all are Greens) pushed back and asked for a revised design that allowed for disability access while also keeping safety for cyclists. Despite this being a reasonable request and they type of thing councils do all the time some decided to make this into an anti-Greens message.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Why is the only Vic leadership debate on Foxtel? I know both candidates want to control their own narratives and doing actual media appearances is deemed risky, but you'd think Andrews would want a pulpit to wreck Guy's horseshit from. Then again it'll probably be a redshirts blah blah meaningless idiot fest so...

Yeah this’ll probably be a trainwreck for Labor. Why they’d even agree to do it with the deck stacked against them is mind-boggling.

A public debate with a cross section of commentators and journos running it would be ideal, but a Sky News run one? Terrible idea.

At least it’s only going to have a circulation of ~200 people.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Dude McAwesome posted:

At least it’s only going to have a circulation of ~200 people.

That's why they agreed to do it on Fox. Guy needs the debate (and everything else) to go perfectly in order to win. Andrews just needs to coast to the finish line. There's no upside to having a debate at all for Andrews, so they may as well minimize the impact that it will have by agreeing to do it on a platform that no one is likely to see.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m a little bit concerned by it. Talking live Guy actually comes across as pretty knowledgeable on policy, and the audience is going to be stacked with Dorothy Dixer questions too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hiddenmovement posted:

That's why they agreed to do it on Fox. Guy needs the debate (and everything else) to go perfectly in order to win. Andrews just needs to coast to the finish line. There's no upside to having a debate at all for Andrews, so they may as well minimize the impact that it will have by agreeing to do it on a platform that no one is likely to see.

I would think publicly rolling Guy would be useful in marginals and worth the risk.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

monkeu posted:

Maybe if Labor would stop doing everything in their power to gently caress non-whites over then the Greens would be less combative?

fixed that for you

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Anidav posted:

by virtue of having no power or money we have managed to keep our scandals pretty low key, and get a lot of the processes to deal with them in place before they happen. doesn't mean they don't happen. winning seats will make us a bigger target both for media and for internal dickheads, so watch this space?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

fixed that for you

It would be simple to play some ball with Andrews but they want inner city rich electorates to switch. It's just politics now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

As someone who has seen my local Greens candidate and realised she is a the stereotype white-with-dreads professional student (at least she was last time I paid attention to her) they're non offensive because they aren't a threat to anyone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Recoome posted:

Deny, their proposal was for what the CBD has, dual use bike/and disabled access. Since they voted against the 'only wheelchair access' option which would have blocked bike access, the rwm has launched into 'Greens hate the disabled'

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

What's a matter Mcfly? You chicken?

300 chickens

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

It would be simple to play some ball with Andrews but they want inner city rich electorates to switch. It's just politics now.

Like Albo and friends haven't spent the last 5 years trying to meme on the greens and tbh spend as much time criticising them as they do the Liberals.

It's because of poo poo like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...4sv2fwo-VyNzkhY

"But if we do that, how are we supposed to reach across the aisle and heal these wounds? Decorum is the only answer to th-OW! CHRISTENSEN BIT ME! THE MOTHERFUCKER LITERALLY BIT MY HAND JESUS CHRI-"

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

I would think publicly rolling Guy would be useful in marginals and worth the risk.

Even if he does curb stomp Guy it will barely be reported on.

And any points Guy does score will be parroted and celebrated by The Hun, 3AW et al.

Democracy as intended I guess.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Unless one of them shits their pants it won't make a bit of difference, especially because nobody will be watching.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Gridlocked posted:

As someone who has seen my local Greens candidate and realised she is a the stereotype white-with-dreads professional student (at least she was last time I paid attention to her) they're non offensive because they aren't a threat to anyone.

Central Qld labor: come to the pub and win a meat tray

Central Qld Greens: a quote from Neil in The Young Ones posted to social media

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Unless one of them shits their pants it won't make a bit of difference, especially because nobody will be watching.

What if they poo poo their pants for fear of Muslims?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Ahaha I got a pamphlet from her in the mail the other day and it was just crime, crime, LABOR RORTS, crime, crime.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

asio posted:

Central Qld labor: come to the pub and win a meat tray

Central Qld Greens: a quote from Neil in The Young Ones posted to social media

tbf if the central qld greens go to a pub someone will shoot them

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Deny, their proposal was for what the CBD has, dual use bike/and disabled access. Since they voted against the 'only wheelchair access' option which would have blocked bike access, the rwm has launched into 'Greens hate the disabled'

I know the full story, it was a lukewarm soft troll, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Recoome posted:

I heard a rumour that