Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yinlock posted:

good, perez is the final piece of the schumer/pelosi/perez Succforce

They're pissed at him because they feel that he weakened superdelegates too much

quote:

Members passed a measure inside their caucus stating they have “no confidence” in Perez as DNC chair. Black Caucus members remain upset with how Perez handled the historic August vote to strip superdelegates of their power during the party’s presidential nominating process. The changes block superdelegates — elected officials and party leaders — from casting a vote for any presidential candidate unless a second ballot is required at the 2020 national convention.

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

VitalSigns posted:

No she didn't, the House bill included a public option.

It was a lovely public option that the CBO estimated would do nothing and be worthless because it was effectively barred from costing less than private insurance, so she's responsible for it sucking, but not for it getting stripped out which happened in the senate was Obama's doing as part of a deal he struck with insurance companies

Wasn't all of that crap to get Joe Liberman's vote because he was a complete non starter on basically progressive part of the ACA and they required his vote to get it passed?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Retro42 posted:

Here you go being all reasonable and logical about it. Clearly the correct answer it zero-tolerance for centrists regardless of the cost.

Honestly though, everything you said is pretty much 100% how it will play out I bet. Only with the added Trump interjection afterwards of "HAHA losers tricked you into picking HER again!" and all the predictable ones taking the bait.

there's still plenty of time for a proper opposition to coalesce, but it definitely hasn't yet and lol at the idea of progressive congresscritters voting for Tim Ryan over Pelosi at this juncture

that's certainly not all bad even for Pelosi-dislikers, though, maybe she'll keep buddying up with the progressives to make sure they don't make a bid :getin:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

yronic heroism posted:

Yeah but the year is 2066 and the USPOL thread is restless. They have had enough of millenial libs trying to translate their ancient twitter game onto the neural net. And did you hear how Speaker AOC voted for the previous speaker who said she was a capitalist way back when? Betcha didn’t until my neural meme just galaxy’d your mind! Such cowardly centrism cannot stand, must not stand.

Only Khaleesi Pikachu Sanders, II, can lead our party against the Jordan Peterson Head in a Jar presidency.

Are you kidding? We'll be strangling each other over the 2016 primaries well into 2100.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Super Delegates are inherently undemocratic loving garbage, and I'm glad that poo poo is gone.

Kingmakers only encourage corruption.

Also I don't even understand the rebeling dems point.

"We can pick a better Speaker of the House than Pelosi."

"But we have no idea who that is!"

At least pick someone first, for gently caress sakes.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 15, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

They're pissed at him because they feel that he weakened superdelegates too much

i would like to note that this is one more data point on the "read the articles before opining, you dumbasses" thing

(i've hosed it up myself on occasion, and when someone points it out i've gone 'lol whoops i'm a dumb' :colbert: )

TulliusCicero posted:

Super Delegates are inherently undemocratic loving garbage, and I'm glad that poo poo is gone.

Kingmakers only encourage corruption.

not gone, as such, but they only kick in after all delegates become unbound in the first place and things have already gotten fuckin' crazy

edited to be less abrasive

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 15, 2018

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

:allears:

Seriously, I'll take this future.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

~centrism~

this doesn't change the fact that it's good if he gets the boot though

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Yinlock posted:

tbf this does actually mean something, people are tired of this middle-of-the-road let's compromise with nazis horseshit, they want someone, anyone to actually fight for once

I don't think they wanted you to fight your wife though basta, might wanna dial it back a little

good, perez is the final piece of the schumer/pelosi/perez Succforce

Unless you like super delegates Perez is the one in the right here.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/afterwits/status/1062108507271360512

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm not naming names, but i would like to note that this is one more data point on the "read the articles before opining, you dumbasses" thing

(i've hosed it up myself on occasion, and when someone points it out i've gone 'lol whoops i'm a dumb' :colbert: )

I foolishly thought that they were booting perez for being a lovely person and shittier dnc chairman and not for the one good thing he ever did

alas,

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yinlock posted:

I foolishly thought that they were booting perez for being a lovely person and shittier dnc chairman and not for the one good thing he ever did

alas,

i just edited to be less of a jerk to you, while you were quoting the jerk comment :argh:

i have some modest disagreements with you on perez but failing to read the article happens to us all

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I sympathize with the black caucus on that issue. I do think the nominee system needed to be reformed but the way they did it over the protests of black dnc members without addressing their concerns was a bad look

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Why is the Congressional Black Caucus in particular upset about watering down superdelegates? Is it because they are themselves superdelegates, or is there a civil rights issue I'm missing?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hmmm

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1062856614657515520

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i just edited to be less of a jerk to you, while you were quoting the jerk comment :argh:

i have some modest disagreements with you on perez but failing to read the article happens to us all

no worries, it's fine to point out when someone's being a dumb even if it's me

Farchanter posted:

Why is the Congressional Black Caucus in particular upset about watering down superdelegates? Is it because they are themselves superdelegates, or is there a civil rights issue I'm missing?

it's because it makes their donors mad

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mince Pieface posted:

I sympathize with the black caucus on that issue. I do think the nominee system needed to be reformed but the way they did it over the protests of black dnc members without addressing their concerns was a bad look

oh yeah, i got sidetracked by the surface stuff, but one of the groups that gets handed a batch of superdelegates is high-profile / highly-engaged / longstanding-DNC-member colored folks and their position that they should have a seat at the table, marginalized and undemocratic as it may be, isn't completely insane

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Toxx thread lives

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/SurefireIntel/status/1062843160663998465?s=19

Oh my god, if these idiots filed a fake police report about this

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

What the hell is going on with all these wildly inaccurate or huge reversals on headlines?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Are you kidding? We'll be strangling each other over the 2016 primaries well into 2100.

The Harvesters come to a slow drift as the last energy from Sol is siphoned into the Singularity. A final message shoots across the communication servers housed above the bitcoin mines: “Bernie would... have w....” Then, merciful stillness.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Surely all those other news stations didn't take TMZ at face value

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lote posted:

What the hell is going on with all these wildly inaccurate or huge reversals on headlines?

Active obstruction of America's democracy by foreign powers via massive misinformation campaigns.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

CuddleCryptid posted:

Surely all those other news stations didn't take TMZ at face value

They probably just called the LAPD and asked if Bastaman was in custody

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Lote posted:

[Lack of] Journalistic Quality Control/Verification!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Farchanter posted:

They liked having the kingmaking influence of a large, unified block. Which, given the context of, well, America and the black experience within it, is understandable. But it's still undemocratic as gently caress and attempts to spin in at disenfranchisement didn't spur much sympathy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

What is the domestic violence equivalent of getting swatted

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Lote posted:

Basically, all the media outlets are falling over themselves to be the first to report BREAKING NEWS.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TMZ gonna get suuuuuuuuuuued.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Apparently the weirdo who was going to fake a domestic accusation against Mueller changed his target to Avenatti?

Hahahaha. I hope he gets sued into the afterlife.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Holy loving lol if World Famous Corncob Jacob Wohl was involed.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Guze posted:

If that little gently caress is behind it i'm gonna laugh my head off.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1062858851618156544

:psyduck:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Guze posted:

I'm going to die laughing

What a complete and utter loving idiot

Jacob Wohl, you are truly the greatest moron on Earth

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/SurefireIntel/status/1062843160663998465?s=19

Oh my god, if these idiots filed a fake police report about this

I wonder if they're just claiming this to get attention. But they're also just crazy enough to do it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm going to die laughing

What a complete and utter loving idiot

Jacob Wohl, you are truly the greatest moron on Earth

I will laugh and laugh. Every day is the dumbest day in history. And it will only be surpassed by each successive day.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

So Jacob Wohl calls in with the tip from his mom's house?

edit: Jacob and his dad's twitter are all over this. There'll be no apology from Jr.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is it really dumb if Wohl succeeds and muddies the waters even temporarily with probably zero legal repercussions

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Eeyo posted:

I wonder if they're just claiming this to get attention. But they're also just crazy enough to do it.

Yeah. And dumb. He’s in California. Charges if it turns out to be false are gonna be state level charges which Jerry Brown ain’t gonna pardon. (Or Gavin Newsome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Eeyo posted:

See I'm split, half of me thinks "he's just having a little fun with Twitter, nobody is that stupid" but the other half thinks "Jacob Wohl is literally exactly that stupid"