Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

:lol: if false reports of domestic violence becomes the the way that people swat celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Wait...so they're pissed that he took too much power away from the superdelegates?

What the gently caress?

They're all superdelegates (like every other representative). He took power away from them.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

wait... has it always been common knowledge that he voted for Obama, at least the first time?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mezzanine posted:

wait... has it always been common knowledge that he voted for Obama, at least the first time?

Thats party affiliation when registering

Its a secret ballot

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

He did call Obama a great leader shortly after the 08 election, I assume he did vote for him. Him voting for either Obama or McCain is kind of laffo tbh

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Kale posted:

Unless they think bigotry and gently caress the Dems/Libs is that much of a winning hand (which this election cycle hardly convinced me of) I'm not seeing how this argument tracks in particular. Maybe it's because there's been little elaboration but from what I can see the Republicans literally have no loving policy or goals right now to compare themselves to the Democrats on, just bullshit and scare tactics that primarily work on their established base. Meanwhile the Democratic party is coming into congress with stated agenda's that aren't blatantly self serving on their face that might actually do the public some good like attempts to reinvigorate the Voting Rights Act and Gun Control. What does the GOP run on assuming the Democratic party doesn't inexplicably rat gently caress the country which I don't see happening at all? Trying to take away people's health care again? Building bigger border walls? More tax cuts that are transparently for the top 1%?

The caravan story is bullshit and they already gave that one up so like....I mean we'll check back in 2 years but Trump is still decisively unpopular so it's all going to come down to how Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio and probably Florida chose to vote in 2020 more than anything to do with party record I think.

I'll run with the thought experiment that his argument is in good faith - who are the voters who voted Democrat in 2018, who will suddenly vote Trump in 2020?

Also, who are the people who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 who are going to vote for Trump in 2020? And in what world is that number of people greater than the number of people who voted for Trump, who now regret it?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Probably a write in vote for Pr0n H4ul (kill you're parents)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hellblazer187 posted:

He did call Obama a great leader shortly after the 08 election, I assume he did vote for him. Him voting for either Obama or McCain is kind of laffo tbh
Very weird. Never would have thought he voted for Obama.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats party affiliation when registering

Its a secret ballot

That's a lot of party switching, though. Reminder that NY has closed primaries, not that he bothered to vote in many...

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I think there are a bunch of low-info people out there who just think balance back and forth is the perfect path for America. Like, they just think each election should check the previous one.

I mean 59% of CA Republicans who bothered to vote for a senator voted for Kevin de Leon so yeah, I'd say so

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1062103116798193664

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/1062878352162410496
https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/1062879059972104192

https://twitter.com/Blurboy1980/status/1061369233488179200

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

130k to polish Shucks' glass eye and shuffle microphones around smh

I'm in the wrong goddamned field.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know about that. Authoritarian PR shill has high highs but unmarked grave lows.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Ivankananana really should have made her dad promise not to date people younger than her current age rather than no more sub-18ers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

130k to polish Shucks' glass eye and shuffle microphones around smh

I'm in the wrong goddamned field.

FFS, most college professors don't make that much :argh:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Stickman posted:

You'd think, but sadly apparently not.

:psyduck: The little poo poo really wants to go to prison, doesn't he?

I mean I am surprised him and James O'Keefe aren't both in jail already given how big into outright slander they are. Which is pretty impressive given how hard it is to actually get caught slandering anyone if you have a lick of intelligence.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nemo Somen posted:

Shouldn't it be the opposite? That since you know that you are a lame duck, you start being aggressive with your agenda since there is no downside. Does that mean that Jeff Flake actually cared about decorum but crumpled when pressed instead of a conservative that was just trying to use decorum to pretend that he is sensible adult? Although I guess that's still up in the air. He might still flake.

Basically this yeah. Literally what's in it for him now? If there's a mask to fall off now would be the time for it yet the guys pretty much been the same wishy washy "due diligence" Republican that doesn't always just toe the line without question on every issue. Again saying and doing are two different things but short of the Freedom Caucus the average Republican just seems to be of the opinion that whatever Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell want that's what they vote for and there's nothing else too the job. Just a straight party line vote.

Kale fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 15, 2018

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/crookedmedia/status/1062941313962717184?s=19

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

good to see that whether the threat is Medicare for All or the dire machinations of George Soros, the Pod Save America boys are proud of their association with the people trying as hard as they can to tamp down the rising extremism of the left

as for the right, well. meh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

good to see that whether the threat is Medicare for All or the dire machinations of George Soros, the Pod Save America boys are proud of their association with the people trying as hard as they can to tamp down the rising extremism of the left

This is a rather bullshit take. You’re wasting our time putting the cart before the horse.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/dabstoriches/status/1062955852066222080

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063038733673525248
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063042585802039296
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063046973857718272

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Makes me think there are indictments coming today or tomorrow, because he only gets this salty about Bob Mueller right before someone else goes down.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Makes me think there are indictments coming today or tomorrow, because he only gets this salty about Bob Mueller right before someone else goes down.

I wouldn't work your hopes up like this, remember that whiny brat posting in all-caps is his default Twitter mode and it's the morning time before anybody else is awake to babysit him.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I wouldn't work your hopes up like this, remember that whiny brat posting in all-caps is his default Twitter mode and it's the morning time before anybody else is awake to babysit him.

Hopes? Oh, no no. I have no hopes anymore, 2016 crushed them into a fine powder.

But he only tweets like this when he's obliquely trying to respond to bad news that just made it through the membrane of that safe, fact-free bubble he lives in.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Hopes? Oh, no no. I have no hopes anymore, 2016 crushed them into a fine powder.

But he only tweets like this when he's obliquely trying to respond to bad news that just made it through the membrane of that safe, fact-free bubble he lives in.

It's not crazy to assume something is going on between Corsi's really bizarre behavior this week - talking extensively to the press, promising a huge interview, then his attorney openly telling reporters he's in discussions with the Special Counsel and can't let Corsi talk to the media anymore - and Stone's aggressive leaking of texts to conservative media to try to get ahead of whatever Mueller's got on him. Could still take weeks though, who knows.

normal news day:

https://twitter.com/moneyries/status/1063051849224388608

eke out fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 15, 2018

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bec9b94e4b03af89266428d

I know Tim Ryan specifically is on Pelosi's right... Are the rest of the people signing this conservadems or is it ideologically mixed? I'm not really familiar with the rest of the signers.

quote:

WASHINGTON ― House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is suddenly in a fight for her political survival as a group of Democratic detractors is preparing to block her ascent to the speakership.

About a dozen incumbent Democrats and a half-dozen incoming Democrats are preparing a letter pledging to not support Pelosi on the House floor for speaker.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm gonna assume this person was county trash. Also Hippodrome tickets are expensive as gently caress, guy probably spent at least a hundred bucks, dealt with traffic, parking, etc, all for the privilege of shouting fascist slogans at intermission.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

eke out posted:

It's not crazy to assume something is going on between Corsi's really bizarre behavior this week - talking extensively to the press, promising a huge interview, then his attorney openly telling reporters he's in discussions with the Special Counsel and can't let Corsi talk to the media anymore - and Stone's aggressive leaking of texts to conservative media to try to get ahead of whatever Mueller's got on him. Could still take weeks though, who knows.

On the other hand, it's Jerome Corsi. He could just be saying poo poo to get attention.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

That’s not what that press release says.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Holy poo poo imagine the meltdown when little donny junior gets his dick kicked in by Mueller.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Farking Bastage posted:

Holy poo poo imagine the meltdown when little donny junior gets his dick kicked in by Mueller.

Donnie senior will claim he hardly knew him, he was just the guy who brought coffee to meetings.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

it's almost 2019, and I still scroll right by his loving tweets.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: removed

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 15, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Don't be shitposting in this thread, mister.

The Threat to Nancy Pelosi’s Speakership Is Suddenly Serious by Jim Newell for Slate Magazine.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Don't be shitposting in this thread, mister.

The Threat to Nancy Pelosi’s Speakership Is Suddenly Serious by Jim Newell for Slate Magazine.

I thought we were allowed to discuss news? I was just posting about how loving disappointingly dark America has become.

Someone stands up and shouts something in a theater and people start literally running, assuming that person is there to murder a bunch of people.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chilichimp posted:

I thought we were allowed to discuss news? I was just posting about how loving disappointingly dark America has become.

Someone stands up and shouts something in a theater and people start literally running, assuming that person is there to murder a bunch of people.

You should not double post reaction gifs itt, tia.

Nathan J. Robinson writes for Current Affairs about mass animal farming and the prospect of ending it.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I no longer believe the theory that screaming about WITCH HUNT means that indictments, etc are imminent. The timing has never really lined up, I feel like it's unlikely he'd be told of it at 7AM, and let's be honest; his sole influence now is Fox News. He sees or hears "MUELLER" on the TV box, he tweets. It's just a matter of the angrier he is, the more he tweets.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanine posted:

I no longer believe the theory that screaming about WITCH HUNT means that indictments, etc are imminent. The timing has never really lined up, I feel like it's unlikely he'd be told of it at 7AM, and let's be honest; his sole influence now is Fox News. He sees or hears "MUELLER" on the TV box, he tweets. It's just a matter of the angrier he is, the more he tweets.

The acting attorney general has undoubtedly been given a briefing on the Mueller probe by Rod and Mueller by now, and he's taken that information to the president, because he's a loving hatchet man.

He knows poo poo's about to go down, if it is, so guessing his foul mood is related to that isn't far fetched at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mezzanine posted:

I feel that more can be read into the specific mention of Mueller's team being "rude" and persistent with their questioning - it seems ti indicate that 1) someone still in close contact with Trump was questioned and 2) it didn't go well.