Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Martman posted:

Honestly it's kinda fun as a ridiculous strat.

It turns out you can delevel to 48, wait for Heatwaves, and then mass kill 3 camps of Ember Sprites until you get a random Exploding Star proc that gives you about 8.5 bars of light all at once, with no chain bonus.

Aside from the deleveling (which is kind of lame), it's actually a fun use of the Logos skills and feels pretty rewarding.

I'm always fascinated by the inventive stuff people figure out. I turned in 2 crystals and got crit. Came back later with 2 more and it got turned into Direct Hit. I don't get it, so I'm not fuckin with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I'm always fascinated by the inventive stuff people figure out. I turned in 2 crystals and got crit. Came back later with 2 more and it got turned into Direct Hit. I don't get it, so I'm not fuckin with it.

TLDR:

Each weapon has 5 rows of stats it unlocks, each can roll 1/4 stats in any value in the range

When you add more crystals you always re-roll the whole weapon i.e. all rows

The only bad luck protection is you'll always roll the number of rows you have unlocked (i.e. you can't get 4 rows of stats if you've had 5)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

the internet was a mistake

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Random stats on a relic is fuckin' stupid.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Could a fellow DRG please take a look at my logs for Suzaku last night and help me point out areas of improvement?

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/4zbcpd2T1j7FKxqG#fight=11

I ran this through xivanalysis.com and apparently my B4B usage is wrong and I need to adjust the position of it in my opener.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Vargatron posted:

Could a fellow DRG please take a look at my logs for Suzaku last night and help me point out areas of improvement?

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/4zbcpd2T1j7FKxqG#fight=11

I ran this through xivanalysis.com and apparently my B4B usage is wrong and I need to adjust the position of it in my opener.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Suzaku, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't actually open with your opener. It's not that your B4B usage is wrong, per se, just that you're having a lot of buffs wasted when she disappears for Rout. Do your opener after that. Though when you re-open after DDR, you got your buffs out of order - BL should be first, and B4B should be just before either Disembowel or Chaos Thrust. If you plan to eventually get a slow enough GCD that you can double life, it's very important to get into the habit of doing Jump->GCD->Gierskogul+Mirage Dive, keeping Jump and Gier synced, but I don't know whether or not that matters if you're not doing double life.

Other than that, I don't have enough experience with Suzaku to really help, sorry :v:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Zack Ater posted:

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Suzaku, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't actually open with your opener. It's not that your B4B usage is wrong, per se, just that you're having a lot of buffs wasted when she disappears for Rout. Do your opener after that. Though when you re-open after DDR, you got your buffs out of order - BL should be first, and B4B should be just before either Disembowel or Chaos Thrust. If you plan to eventually get a slow enough GCD that you can double life, it's very important to get into the habit of doing Jump->GCD->Gierskogul+Mirage Dive, keeping Jump and Gier synced, but I don't know whether or not that matters if you're not doing double life.

Other than that, I don't have enough experience with Suzaku to really help, sorry :v:

The Battle Litany cooldown isn't finished after DDR so that's why I'm changing my opener in that phase. Delaying BL until after Rout in the first phase would push that back further after DDR, but I will adjust and see where that leaves me. I'm also using Gier before MD, so I think I'm good on that front.

I have an unfortunately high SkS right now and I found that double Life doesn't yield any higher DPS. I'm i384 so I can't really get anything outside of Savage that will help shed some SkS.

I'll look into changing my opener sequence after Rout and see how that works.

Also uh, it's hard to do a rotation while I'm running in a circle so I'm working on that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Cool thanks! So if the dot is unlikely to run for more than half its duration seconds it's better to stone? Also interesting that aero 3s potency is so high, I hadn't been using it for single target dps.

You also gotta consider that aero 1/2 lets you weave skills since it's an insta-cast. This has some other tips about healing in general. Worth it to give it a glance.

Vargatron posted:

Also uh, it's hard to do a rotation while I'm running in a circle so I'm working on that.

Basically why the best way to handle suzaku is to move as little as possible. WIth the roulette pattern, sorta want to just move into a section when you see it explode, or slightly earlier if high ping, then move back. A bit trickier timing but lets you keep your focus on punching the boss rather than running around.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 15, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ChickenWing posted:

what part of that involves breaking a nail

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Vargatron posted:

The Battle Litany cooldown isn't finished after DDR so that's why I'm changing my opener in that phase. Delaying BL until after Rout in the first phase would push that back further after DDR, but I will adjust and see where that leaves me.

That makes sense. I would guess the "right" thing to do would be to delay your opener until after Rout, and then after DDR, put B4B and DS up between ID and Disembowel, and just pop BL asap whenever it comes back off of cooldown. But maybe someone else who knows the fight better can weigh in.

quote:

I'm also using Gier before MD, so I think I'm good on that front.

Sorry, I should have clarified a bit more what I meant. Your Jump and Gierskoguls drifted apart as the fight went on, with multiple GCDs between them. I don't think it matters much now, but when you get a slower GCD, it's important to not let that happen, there should almost always be exactly one GCD between them.

quote:

I have an unfortunately high SkS right now and I found that double Life doesn't yield any higher DPS. I'm i384 so I can't really get anything outside of Savage that will help shed some SkS.

I feel your pain, I just recently got back to being comfy slow. SE hates us, everything has so much SkS this tier :negative:

quote:

I'll look into changing my opener sequence after Rout and see how that works.

Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome! I hope it helps. And yeah, I despise the simon says part. I'm absolutely terrible at it. Let me know how it works out!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh the other thing was that people sometimes goofed the AoE markers so I had to run out or delay my rotation a bit to avoid death. I'll start with the CD adjustments and then see how that works for me.

I think I have like 1400 SkS, which absolutely sucks!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm guessing that that instance of The Bowel of Embers got a bit more Extreme than the other players expected.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

think we're getting an expansion announcement on the stream tomorrow?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

queeb posted:

I would say odds are pretty likely, not 100% but I'd say in the 85-90 range we have half the opening cinematic like we had for SB.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ChickenWing posted:

In FFXI I had my macro to cast the water spell also shout out "take a drink!" to the zone. Everyone hated me. It ruled.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

queeb posted:

Predicting expansion name, small teaser, 4.5 hints + viera reveal, maybe system changes

Blu reveal too if it's really pre-expansion

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Countblanc posted:

Predicting expansion name, small teaser, 4.5 hints + viera reveal, maybe system changes

Blu reveal too if it's really pre-expansion

We're getting a Live Letter according to the schedule which I assume will be 4.5 details, so that much at least is confirmed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

give me viera yoship, i need them

even if i'm going to stay a catgirl

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BLU and bunnies were secretly added in last night's patch and yoship will push a button at fanfest to make them live immediately.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ok but when's gunblade tho

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If they're anything like my nails, existing. I've broken a nail brushing my shirt off before.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Thundarr posted:

BLU and bunnies were secretly added in last night's patch and yoship will push a button at fanfest to make them live immediately.

Both of them are unlocked via pyros bunny-fate lockboxes

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

*pops glossy lips*

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Both of them are unlocked via pyros bunny-fate lockboxes

I'm not at fanfest but I am at the Rio so if this gets announced I will live post the action as attendees burn the hotel down.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I think viera are pointless when we already got catgirls and aura running around but if they get a muscle slider then I'm on board.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Vargatron posted:

I think I have like 1400 SkS, which absolutely sucks!

:ohdear:

If you've gotten to Pyros, the Elemental pants could be a good way to dump some of that SkS. Some crafted pieces, too.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

I think viera are pointless when we already got catgirls and aura running around but if they get a muscle slider then I'm on board.

Viera will the first race to have a "butt size" slider.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just want to play a bunny boy since I always thought my Elezen boy looked weird.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Choyi posted:

Viera will the first race to have a "butt size" slider.

Thigh slider.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'll change to Viera if they're taller than my roe

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Bunnyboys should be short, stocky, and have big beards. Everyone is going to play a girl bunny anyway so go hog wild with the boys.

I hope Yoship comes out dressed like the priest from Age of Empires II to wololo all the red mages into blue mages. BLU in 4.5 please and thanks. Queues will probably be fine now that we also have squads, palace, and HoH. (Or maybe they'll be worse? I dunno. :shrug: )

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Leofish posted:

Bunnyboys should be short, stocky, and have big beards. Everyone is going to play a girl bunny anyway so go hog wild with the boys.

Beefcake Bunnyboy is now my new character name.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'll change to Viera if they're taller than my roe

The ears would make them taller.

Argas posted:

Thigh slider.

All the better to crush Primals between thighs like sparrows egg.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If not Vieras, the next race should be closer to Roes. A big, beefy bunch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
calf sliders when!?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The bunny ears item should turn viera ears into cat ears.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Vadoc posted:

The ears would make them taller.

I'll accept this

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Jimbot posted:

If not Vieras, the next race should be closer to Roes. A big, beefy bunch.

Problem is that almost nobody plays races like that so it's not really a great way to sell an expansion.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Problem is that almost nobody plays races like that so it's not really a great way to sell an expansion.

It's a scientific fact that the 1% who play Roe are the best people in the game. This gives more people the opportunity to hang with the best as a new big boy/girl race.

I mean, all you dragon/cat girl/bois, elf folk are OK but not as awesome as us Roe. Science doesn't lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Viera are going to be absolutely jacked, washboard abs, real renaissance ladies and lads