Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I saw that the game was $19 on Xbox so I bought it for that as well. Going to start a Barbarian named Korgoth of Barbaria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I’m now on Ch4 of the Season and a lot of the challenges I have to complete are “beat this keywarden on TormentIV. That’s a big jump for me. I did one and it went ok but the next one all the enemies one-shot me.

Prior, I was running on Master. What’s my best angle to leveling? Just go find and grind the highest level I can? (Torment 1 or 2 maybe?)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

torment 1 is best, if you can handle it. that way you'll get a chance at all the torment 1 drops.

have you done the part of the season journey to get haedrig's gifts already?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

torment 1 is best, if you can handle it. that way you'll get a chance at all the torment 1 drops.

have you done the part of the season journey to get haedrig's gifts already?

I don’t see that in 1-4 so I am not sure. I can say I have completed 1-3’s challenges. Almost all of the ch4 challenges are undone as of yet as

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

Feenix posted:

I don’t see that in 1-4 so I am not sure. I can say I have completed 1-3’s challenges. Almost all of the ch4 challenges are undone as of yet as

Did you claim your free 6 piece class set? When you go into the season journey screen, if you highlight the 1, 2, and 3 challenges, at the bottom it should show you haedrig's gift as a reward. You press a button to claim it, then go to your "mailbox" (on switch at least you cycle through the pop-up equipment display with the dpad) and open them. Will give you a free 6 set appropriate to your class, and your power will spike significantly if you build around the set bonuses.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Feenix posted:

Go into the season challenges, and select ch 1-3 should be able to push X and claim rewards, then open them like bounty cubes.

Also: your nemesis kicked my rear end lastnight. Jumped me while I was kiting three elite packs already in t10.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Feenix posted:

CH4 rewards the last two pieces of the gift set.

Sorta depends on class & build, but basically you gotta just suck it up & push through those challenges on the strength of your 4 piece and whatever else you’ve scraped together. Redeeming that challenge and completing the set will probably let you run up to T10 or so, assuming no other build-enabling items.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The other nice thing is that by that point you can start mass gambling shards for a set piece, and if you get one plus a RRoG from Act 1 caches you’ll start facerolling hard.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks all! I had seen the rewards listed but I guess playing in handheld I missed the fine print. I was able to redeem CH2 and CH3.

CH1 is a portrait and a pet (hand) and it doesn’t seem redeemable?

[Ed] also, I know these have good perks and stuff but a lot of them are way lower than what I had. I haven’t delved into some of the armor tweaking and stuff but can I raise the numbers on the Rathma pieces?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 15, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I’m playing for my first time on switch and between the necro set and the skeleton mage ring and some other cool stuff I am literally killing T10 greater rift bosses in one hit by pressing Simulacrum > skeleton mage

I feel like I should be at a higher difficulty but I still die incredibly quickly

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Noob question: How do I unlock the greater rifts? Level 58 Necro right now. About to finish up Act 2 of story.

I've been dipping into the adventures, doing bounties in varies regions.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Thanks all! I had seen the rewards listed but I guess playing in handheld I missed the fine print. I was able to redeem CH2 and CH3.

CH1 is a portrait and a pet (hand) and it doesn’t seem redeemable?

[Ed] also, I know these have good perks and stuff but a lot of them are way lower than what I had. I haven’t delved into some of the armor tweaking and stuff but can I raise the numbers on the Rathma pieces?

Take a look at this build and re-enchant based on stay priority.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/rathma-skeletal-mages-necromancer-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

Once I got 4 piece I was able to get my 6p right away without much trouble.

I like this build because of the frost damage locks things down. Remember to get full essence before dropping a skeleton mage.

With this build, 6p rathma and Jesse 2p I went from T4 to T10 instantly.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there an easier way to farm up a specific set other than running highest-level-possible Rifts, gambling shards, and rerolling Legendary pieces at the cube?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

5er posted:

I switched to a Jesseth sword & shield, at what appeared to close to a 100k attack drop, but was able to move up from T6 to T8 with it. It may depend on how you're playing. If you're in full Rathma's, in order to fully benefit from Jesseth's, is throwing those skeletons around. Frenzy is the best rune for them. Unleash them on a large number of enemies when they get on screen, while keeping skeletal mages up, and they will have zero chill ripping around the screen until stuff is gone.
Earlier today I added Focus and Restraint in, they also were at a slight deficit to my attack total, but I jumped from T8 to T11. I've even gone this whole time without seeing a Naijol ring drop. Gets a little tedious keeping on the mages, but what can you do. Meanwhile I've been through about three Kelun's necks.
Speaking of, if you (or any other necro newbie reading) are being held back a bit because it seems your damage is up there but you're kind of squishy, use Bone Armor.

I got focus + restraint, replacing my Naijol which was a DPS drop on paper but then made it a power and I am now a hurricane of skeleton mages erasing greater rifts

I got the scythe that multiplies your damage based on max essence with a +40 roll. It’s the best weapon I found so I’m just using it not cubing

I got an amulet that makes land of the dead buff corpse explosion which I’m not even using. It’s a good amulet tho

I now see why this is so addictive. It’s like an MMO progression on crack condensed to a week. I had this on PC and never got this into it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Beastie posted:

Noob question: How do I unlock the greater rifts? Level 58 Necro right now. About to finish up Act 2 of story.

I've been dipping into the adventures, doing bounties in varies regions.

When you’re level 70 they start dropping greater rift keys when you finish a Nephalem rift. You might need to be in torment not 100% sure

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

so i got a Yang's and Dead Man's Legacy last night

UE multishot is nutsooooo got drat!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

so i got a Yang's and Dead Man's Legacy last night

UE multishot is nutsooooo got drat!

I’ve gotten every goddamn bow except Yang’s at least like three times over. Still using an ancient Odyssey’s End and entangling instead of evasive.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Managed to get an Int Shard of Hate. That still a core weapon for Sorcs?

I want to rain down death from a screen away.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What are the purple glowing satchels/vials that drop that my character says she can’t carry any more even though I have inventory space.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Feenix posted:

What are the purple glowing satchels/vials that drop that my character says she can’t carry any more even though I have inventory space.

Blood shards? Go gamble.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Those are blood shards. If you press + they will be next to your gold.

Go see kadala to gamble them. Always make sure you pick them up and keep gambling to make sure you don't cap out.

If you run Greater Rifts you'll increase your storage capacity.

For you I'd gamble shields to get Jesse's, and then upgrade a LVL 70 1 handed scythe in the cube to get the other piece.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How long do Seasons run? I haven't even started it yet.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Waffle! posted:

How long do Seasons run? I haven't even started it yet.

Approx end date of Dec 16th

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Those are blood shards. If you press + they will be next to your gold.

Go see kadala to gamble them. Always make sure you pick them up and keep gambling to make sure you don't cap out.

If you run Greater Rifts you'll increase your storage capacity.

For you I'd gamble shields to get Jesse's, and then upgrade a LVL 70 1 handed scythe in the cube to get the other piece.

This language both confuses and excites me.

Also, I almost had amianto’s nemesis but I rolled into a laser beam. Lol.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

This language both confuses and excites me.

Also, I almost had amianto’s nemesis but I rolled into a laser beam. Lol.

Haha. I feel like the console version just assumes you know these things.

Long and short, gamble shields from kadala until you get a green one from the Jesse set.

She can be found in town. She is the blood colored gem icon if I recall. Usually by the Rift totem

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Haha. I feel like the console version just assumes you know these things.

Long and short, gamble shields from kadala until you get a green one from the Jesse set.

She can be found in town. She is the blood colored gem icon if I recall. Usually by the Rift totem

Oh I know Kadala. I just mean like... gambling is what... buying items not knowing what you’ll get? Or a different action?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Feenix posted:

Oh I know Kadala. I just mean like... gambling is what... buying items not knowing what you’ll get? Or a different action?

You are gambling with Kadala because each purchase is for a random magic, rare, set, or legendary. But will probably be the same garbage magic ring 30 times in a row.

On that note, my level 11 necro farmed two of Julian’s love rings finally. If someone is also struggling to get one, either gamble on a level 11 necro like I did or ask me for it!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Julian's wasn't too much of a crisis for me.

I'm now at paragon 600, and not a single Krysbins, RoRG or Compass Rose has shown itself.

Diablo gonna Diablo.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a... polite way to dismiss online visitors on the Switch or do I just hit 'exit game' and hope they weren't up to anything important?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Pulling Natalya's hand crossbow out of Kalada's bag of garbage was a pleasant surprise.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Hauki posted:

I’ve gotten every goddamn bow except Yang’s at least like three times over. Still using an ancient Odyssey’s End and entangling instead of evasive.

same. Yang's was the very last bow I found. I must've had 2-3 copies of every other unique bow before it finally dropped. it makes such a huuuuge difference for that build (as does DML, which I had a hell of a time finding)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

same. Yang's was the very last bow I found. I must've had 2-3 copies of every other unique bow before it finally dropped. it makes such a huuuuge difference for that build (as does DML, which I had a hell of a time finding)

I'm struggling with a Yang's
I've gotten about 6 of the Cluck bow though

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

YggiDee posted:

Is there a... polite way to dismiss online visitors on the Switch or do I just hit 'exit game' and hope they weren't up to anything important?

I'm pretty sure if you're the host and bail out of the game, the console version will just migrate the host over to another player and they can keep going.

Feel free to come and go as you please.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Pulled my Yang's finally and then immediately smashed through a GR60 in just over 3 minutes
Guess I'm ready for T13

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I'm pretty sure if you're the host and bail out of the game, the console version will just migrate the host over to another player and they can keep going.

Feel free to come and go as you please.

Yeah this.

It WILL erase any items currently dropped on the ground, but honestly if someone opened 8x cubes in your game (like I did!!!) they deserve a learning lesson on not doing that.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah this.

It WILL erase any items currently dropped on the ground, but honestly if someone opened 8x cubes in your game (like I did!!!) they deserve a learning lesson on not doing that.

It’ll also sometimes randomly reset your rift progress and stuff

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Oh. Duh.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Got my Incarus 'LazyStorm' (https://www.diablofans.com/builds/93538-inarius-lazystorm-txiii-gr60-70-speedfarm) necro up and running other than blind faith helm and dayntee's binding. Pretty fast through T8 so far, beyond that it takes too long for packs until I get more levels on gems and pantheon.

Working on gearing a Tal Rasha explosive blast (https://www.diablofans.com/builds/100395-tal-rasha-explosive-blast-speedfarm-season-15) wizard now. Had the rings but accidentally salvaged them when clearing out a bunch of stash junk. Still missing most of the uniques, not switching to explosive blast until I have the wand of woh and orb on infinite depth.

After that it's probably time to build something to push greater rifts.

Two probably dumb questions.
I need sockets on jewelry, if mystic fails to get it rerolling legendary opens it up to try again or possibly get a socket on reroll correct?
At higher rifts does it make sense to just run through largely ignoring white packs and just go from one blue/yellow pack to the next?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 17, 2018

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

Two probably dumb questions.
I need sockets on jewelry, if mystic fails to get it rerolling legendary opens it up to try again or possibly get a socket on reroll correct?
At higher rifts does it make sense to just run through largely ignoring white packs and just go from one blue/yellow pack to the next?

You can keep rerolling at the mystic until you get a socket, just be sure you're rolling a stat that can turn into a socket though. The only limit in rerolling is mats.

Generally yes but can be build dependant. At higher rifts (80+) you group up trash but if you're at T8 don't worry about that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I’m giving DH a shot since I could never get in to it back in the day and got a cube power that makes my multi shot kill everything in front of me and went up two torment levels ... love that about this game.

Also have a level 23 or so necromancer and I love it so far. What’s the downside? Can’t remember playing with any.