Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sub Harrison posted:

I've never discussed Usopp's arc before, but It feels fundamentally wrong to put East Blue characters in a bottom 3 list. The Meowban brothers, like Mohji and Capaji, set the standard of the series that our protagonists fight goofy, gross-looking dudes before fighting the big bad of the arc. The reason anyone invests in reading One Piece is because they enjoyed the first 100 chapters.

What happened to your avatar?! It's my favorite one.
Aw, thanks man. I, uh, got bamboozled by a Smash Bros leak and Toxx'd myself for it so I got banned. I have been missing it though and have been too cheap to buy it back but I think I will tonight. I don't feel right without it!

And totally agreed btw. One Piece is as good as it is now because it has been constantly building on what came before and staying true to itself. There's room for criticism of course, I don't like Birdcage either, but not liking early villains for being goofy pushovers is a bit silly. That was like Zoro's second fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

oddium posted:

what if big mom is a homie

Homie over hoe

White Light fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 16, 2018

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

No chapter today... this feeling...

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
This break has me conflicted. On one hand, a break after the first act of Wano ending is the PERFECT time for one. It lets things settle and lets us reflect. On the other hand, this is still one of the top 3 hardest breaks for me. I *need* to know what happens next chapter. It's likely a game-changer chapter.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Next chapter is going to be a montage of Luffy doing slave work :smith:

Wonder if there's a connection between seastone and poneglyph stone. Seems like a big coincidence they're both indestructible stones from the same island.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Has luffy ever touched a poneglyph?

Anyways what I'm most curious to see is if we just jump straight into Act 2, or if we get an intermission jumping back to either the Reverie or to Marco/Weevil/Neko

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
robin has probably touched a poneglyph though

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Julias posted:

Has luffy ever touched a poneglyph?

Anyways what I'm most curious to see is if we just jump straight into Act 2, or if we get an intermission jumping back to either the Reverie or to Marco/Weevil/Neko

didnt he touch the road one in zou?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Sub Harrison posted:

Next chapter is going to be a montage of Luffy doing slave work :smith:

If it goes like in the first Conan the Barbarian movie, he'll be alright.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I wonder if we'll get any intermissions on what's going on with the Reverie. I'll be kind of pissed if we don't cut back to it, only for Luffy to see in a newspaper post-Wano about all the poo poo that went down at Mariejois.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if I had to compile a list of three bad things in One Piece then the Nyaban brothers don't even rate. They're unmemorable at best.

I'd give that third slot to Absalom or Caribou probably (and also replace "birdcage" with "Dressrosa as a whole" but that's just me)

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Blockhouse posted:

if I had to compile a list of three bad things in One Piece then the Nyaban brothers don't even rate. They're unmemorable at best.

I'd give that third slot to Absalom or Caribou probably (and also replace "birdcage" with "Dressrosa as a whole" but that's just me)

While Caribou's gross and almost certainly a serial rapist, him knowing about Shirahoshi's going to come into play this arc somehow, given his current location.

As for top 3 bad One Piece things, absolute #1 for me is Vacuum Lady in Dressrosa. Then I guess that I personally think Fishman Island and Dressrosa's lengths should have been somewhat switched, with FI being a 100 chapter incredible arc and Dressrosa being 70 chapters or so. Third Doffy's string clones. That's just a nah from me dawg, I never bought the string clones.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
string clones are really dumb. but doflamingo was a weird choice all around to use as an example of awakening

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

were the nyaban brothers the lackeys from the pirate attack on usopp's village

what did they do to be so hated by anyone

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I legit thought it was a cool fight twist when the one kitty bros managed to surprise steal one of Zoro's swords mid combat.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

I wonder if we'll get any intermissions on what's going on with the Reverie. I'll be kind of pissed if we don't cut back to it, only for Luffy to see in a newspaper post-Wano about all the poo poo that went down at Mariejois.

Like my concern here is that the significant number of Strawhat friends at Reverie are gonna get the full World Noble experience to give Luffy a personal reason to punch higher than Akainu in the world governments hierarchy, as he generally doesn't care about the WG much if its bullshit isn't hitting close to home.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Luffy has a knack for unlikely alliances, I bet we're gonna see the Straw Hays teaming up with the revolutionaries. And maybe some long overdue father/son time.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sabos gonna get captured, luffy saves him, sabo beats akainu instead this time

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Can Luffy read?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

QuasiQuack posted:

Can Luffy read?
yes

i really think luffy is a little smarter than people give him credit for

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
he read his own bounty but got a number wrong so he can read as well as he can remember names

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

he read his own bounty but got a number wrong so he can read as well as he can remember names

man the names thing is like definitely 90% intentional

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Elfgames posted:

i think its more like he genuinely doesnt care

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Elfgames posted:

https://youtu.be/9l_fOhTQ5jM

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Elfgames posted:

yes

i really think luffy is a little smarter than people give him credit for

Hes a downright savant

At punching and ruining plans.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I figured Luffy had a thumb over one of the zeroes.

Much like Goku before him, Luffy isn't very book smart and has a short attention span, but he puts a lot of thought and creativity into fighting, has surprisingly good people skills when he cares to use them, and a disturbingly nuanced and frank understanding of society (which is something Goku doesn't generally have). Does come up that Oda's said his real-world nationality would be Brazillian, and he spent a good chunk of his childhood on the outskirts of a society with massive social divides and literal giant piles of garbage that the underclasses make a living out of sifting through, and were purged for being undesirable in the eyes of the aristocracy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figured Luffy had a thumb over one of the zeroes.

Much like Goku before him, Luffy isn't very book smart and has a short attention span, but he puts a lot of thought and creativity into fighting, has surprisingly good people skills when he cares to use them, and a disturbingly nuanced and frank understanding of society (which is something Goku doesn't generally have). Does come up that Oda's said his real-world nationality would be Brazillian, and he spent a good chunk of his childhood on the outskirts of a society with massive social divides and literal giant piles of garbage that the underclasses make a living out of sifting through, and were purged for being undesirable in the eyes of the aristocracy.
What

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favela

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You know the meme about Brazilian slum children literally swimming in garbage? That's Luffy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I know about that but when was Luffy ever shown coming from the slums

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he spent all his time playing in gray terminal trash

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://youtu.be/bcorRPr6yDo new world seeker trailer

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Seeing Bound Man in action definitely made me laugh, so that's a plus, but the game still looks like it will get repetitive pretty fast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hosed up to give Luffy stealth takedowns.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

wtf

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Calling it now, desperation and struggle lead to Luffy's Awakening to make the cell bars rubber

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I mean it's a "stealth" takedown in the sense that he zips over to someone and punches them really hard in the back of the head

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think that game might be playable

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

"Follow Ichiji without him seeing you"

Cool they copied the single most hated mission type from Assassin's Creed that people complained endlessly about until they finally stopped with the newer installments. This game's gonna be SICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fawf posted:

"Follow Ichiji without him seeing you"

Cool they copied the single most hated mission type from Assassin's Creed that people complained endlessly about until they finally stopped with the newer installments. This game's gonna be SICK

yeah the entire game just seems like its 8 years old for some reason