Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tashilicious posted:

This is not an emptyquote.

Youre in cspam fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Hollywood should make movies about Manning rather than Assange and Snowden.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inspector Hound posted:

Depending on how many people are sharing it, a coffee maker and some coffee is a pretty modest investment

look here bucko i cant even begin to think about blaming shooting deaths on rap music and violent movies without my morning cup

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Hollywood should make movies about Manning rather than Assange and Snowden.

The Oliver Stone Snowden movie is on Amazon and boy it's remarkable.

Most of the writing is extremely on the nose and sounds like it was written by 70 year old Oliver Stone who doesn't understand computers who is trying to explain computers to his 100-year-old parents.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ScrubLeague posted:

Most of the writing is extremely on the nose and sounds like it was written by 70 year old Oliver Stone who doesn't understand computers who is trying to explain computers to his 100-year-old parents.

Maybe it was written by this guy?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46222026

quote:

Japan's new cyber-security minister has dumbfounded his country by saying he has never used a computer.

Yoshitaka Sakurada made the admission to a committee of lawmakers.

"Since I was 25 years old and independent I have instructed my staff and secretaries. I have never used a computer in my life," he said, according to a translation by the Kyodo news agency.

The 68-year-old was appointed to his post last month.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Probably still has more computer knowledge than whatever dinosaur is in charge of our cyber security.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

his credit card info and pii has probably been stolen fewer times than anyone on this forum, seems like a good choice

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So Trump appointed judge ruled in favor of CNN and Jim Acosta got his press pass back so of course T_D reacted sanely

quote:

Hilarious we are a banana republic
-
Indeed. It’s like being told you have to house a Muslim refugee. CNN is ISIS, and this judge is trying to make the White House let in a terrorist. gently caress that.
-
Liberal activist judge only made it worse for the rest of the press.
-
Irreparable harm to Abilio outweigh the need of POTUS to have an orderly press conference.

Other CNN people have hard pass doesn’t matter

gently caress THIS RETARDED JUDGE

APPEAL!
-
Judge Timothy Kelly was appointed by President Trump, what in the Devil's dick is going on here?
-
hosed up. This will be overturned if the WH pushes it. Just hosed up.
-
Said it before; saying it again
THIS SYSTEM IS RIGGED!
-
hosed JUSTICE – JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS NEW POTUS IN USA: ASSHEAD JUDGE RULES ACCOSTER PRESS PASS BACK – AMERICA HAS LOST ITS SANITY ENTIRELY! ☭☭☭☭
-
Trump judge returns sex offender Acosta his pass. It’s obvious Trump dictated it himself. Look for new press core rules laid down by the White House. CNN has caused a world of pain for the media.
-
New rules. Questions submitted in writing. Questions will be printed on a list. An official question asker will be hired by the white house to ask questions of the secretary. Questions will be anonymized to prevent bias.
This stops the grandstanding, the multi-minute introductions, and stops managing to sneak in six follow-ups under the guise of not answering the original question.
-
Ahem...NOBODY CAN ORDER THE PRESIDENT TO DO ANYTHING.
-
Would be a shame if this is made it to...the....supreme....court..
MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
-
Absolutely loving not. CNN can send some one the gently caress else. Acosta is piece of poo poo that only wants to disrupt press meetings.
-
FAILED JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!! – DON'T DO IT MR. PRESIDENT! >>>> Bastard Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass ☭☭☭☭
-
Can't we just drone CNN or something?
-
WTF!!! Okay, time to shut it down!! I wouldn't answer a single question from anyone supporting Acosta...not CNN, not NBC, not Fox!! Either stop press conferences altogether or invite every drat reporter and journo out there. I want to see real questions being asked anyway. Only answer questions from OANN, Styx, Sargon, InfoWars, etc. Let CNN, ABC, etc sit in the back and simmer.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They should all do an escape room together

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Uncle Wemus posted:

I used to foolishly think Assange was good and a whistleblower what a doofus I was

god I know gently caress that guy. I used to think he was this counterculture hero instead he was a loving tool.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what? she learned

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I get that it's not specifically confirmed, but it's generally accepted as far as I know that he's at a minimum compromised by Russia and was acting in accordance with their wishes on the emails and DNC hack release.

The thing is, I'm positive that Assange was already working for the Russians by the point the Trump campaign got involved. The Russians clearly trusted Assange to act as a go-between and they knew they could trust him to do what they wanted when they started using him with Stone and the rest of the ratfuckers.

I think I'm probably asking after information that just isn't publicly known though.

assange was hugely critical of the panama papers which exposed a bunch of shady poo poo the global rich were doing and tweeted a bunch about it

lots of putins oligarchs were named in them which was just a coincidence of course

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
In hindsight that Benedict Cumberbatch biopic of Assange happened way too early. It'd be like if Benedict Cumberbatch made a movie of the heroic exploits of Benedict Arnold right before he got turned down for his promotions.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

One thing I know for certain:

It's important to hold people tortured by the government in solitary confinement for years to the same standard you do our millionaire ruling class. And if those people don't meet the standard, then why hold our ruling class to it either?

<dril no difference between good and bad things tweet here>

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

In hindsight that Benedict Cumberbatch biopic of Assange happened way too early. It'd be like if Benedict Cumberbatch made a movie of the heroic exploits of Benedict Arnold right before he got turned down for his promotions.

Benedict2

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

selec posted:

One thing I know for certain:

It's important to hold people tortured by the government in solitary confinement for years to the same standard you do our millionaire ruling class. And if those people don't meet the standard, then why hold our ruling class to it either?

<dril no difference between good and bad things tweet here>

I mean, I'm all for millionaires being tortured

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't remember the Cumberbatch version of Assange being a favorable perspective of him. The protagonist is clearly Daniel Domscheit-Berg and the climax is him realizing that Assange isn't trustworthy and rushing to block him from their servers. (Also randomly bringing up his cult background and implying his hair dye is some sort of ritual from that)

I mean, Assange and his fans certainly didn't see it as favorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YrH8FyWs0

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Knight posted:

I don't remember the Cumberbatch version of Assange being a favorable perspective of him. The protagonist is clearly Daniel Domscheit-Berg and the climax is him realizing that Assange isn't trustworthy and rushing to block him from their servers. (Also randomly bringing up his cult background and implying his hair dye is some sort of ritual from that)

I mean, Assange and his fans certainly didn't see it as favorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YrH8FyWs0

Assange's fans are basically r/t_d morons, so if it doesn't portray him as a handsome, buff, God Emperor with a 4 foot cock, then it's not going to meet their standards.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did the assange movie cover the rapes he did which are the reason he went into the embassy in the first place?????

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Al! posted:

did the assange movie cover the rapes he did which are the reason he went into the embassy in the first place?????
It showed him having some hanky panky then cut away just so they can acknowledge it at the end but without having to make any kind of stance on it. Honestly it's a very dull, substance-less movie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

what? she learned

Um excuse me this is D&D/cspam where if you aren't ideologically pure from birth you get everything bad you've ever said or done rubbed in your face even if it was a long time ago and you've changed since then.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Inspector Hound posted:

They should all do an escape room together

ten little indians, with fauxohontas as one of them

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Um excuse me this is D&D/cspam where if you aren't ideologically pure from birth you get everything bad you've ever said or done rubbed in your face even if it was a long time ago and you've changed since then.

what? that's the whole internet now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

Assange's fans are basically r/t_d morons, so if it doesn't portray him as a handsome, buff, God Emperor with a 4 foot cock, then it's not going to meet their standards.

I liked the story when he got his internet access like when a parent punishes rebellious teen who has a Fornite addiction.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

etalian posted:

I liked the story when he got his internet access like when a parent punishes rebellious teen who has a Fornite addiction.

make him do all the Fortnite Funny Dances or the embassy kicks him out

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Elephant Ambush posted:

it was this year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i cant believe the woman who'd been in hellprison for a decade wasn't thinking rationally

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

theres a scene where his eyes roll back in his head and he shouts, "I am going to rape you now!" and the woman runs away as assange wobbles after here, throwing off pairs of the 70 pants that he wears like looking like an action figure stuck in the lower half of an egg

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

e: nvm

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Nov 16, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Soup du Jour posted:

it was this year

She publicly apologized and was sincere about it and realized what she did wrong and made herself a better person.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the movie ends with assanges best friend, a chimpanzee named Mr. Nanners, pulling up to the ecuadarioan embassy in a classic cadillac and honking the horn. assange bids farewell to the crying embassy workers (he fixes all of their lives like a magical cracker character in the third act) and floats down on an umbrella from the window and then they drive off into the sunset, british and american intelligence agents chasing after them in the cloud of dust kicked up by the wheels

the movie was a real pile of poo poo.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ScrubLeague posted:

Oliver Stone? On the nose???

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So Trump appointed judge ruled in favor of CNN and Jim Acosta got his press pass back so of course T_D reacted sanely

lol

The press not being allowed to be banned at the whim of the head of state??? We've become a banana republic!!!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

cumshitter posted:

the movie ends with assanges best friend, a chimpanzee named Mr. Nanners, pulling up to the ecuadarioan embassy in a classic cadillac and honking the horn. assange bids farewell to the crying embassy workers (he fixes all of their lives like a magical cracker character in the third act) and floats down on an umbrella from the window and then they drive off into the sunset, british and american intelligence agents chasing after them in the cloud of dust kicked up by the wheels

the movie was a real pile of poo poo.

you forgot the part where those wonderful young lads help him build a device to phone home

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

etalian posted:

I'd like to see a comedy show based on Julian Assange's asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy written by Larry David.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I actually earn $500,000 a year coaching the offensive line for a college football team but i vote dem and post in the 'spam r we still cool youse guys

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

augias posted:

I actually earn $500,000 a year coaching the offensive line for a college football team but i vote dem and post in the 'spam r we still cool youse guys

As long as you're not loving the athletes or enabling them being hosed I guess we're fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

augias posted:

99% tax on earnings above $65k and you can't rape the athletes.