Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe the idea is to slowly build BLU up over the course of Shadowbringers? For the majority it's going to be a side activity (they mention the solo duties) and alt, after awhile it will be a full class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
guys stop standing on the pads I need to wipe to ancient flare 6 more times so I can learn it

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
You have to do the 'New Game +' and replay the entire MSQ to unlock another 10 levels on BLU

Repeat until you get it to max levels

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
watching people immediately take these little scraps of information, piece them together into the worst possible scenario, and start complaining about it, is lol

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Surely it'll just be limited until 5.0, right?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe the idea is to slowly build BLU up over the course of Shadowbringers? For the majority it's going to be a side activity (they mention the solo duties) and alt, after awhile it will be a full class?

Add 5 levels during minor patches to generate resubs lol

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Everything seems super hype right now.

I'd advise extreme caution about being upset and jumping to conclusions right now, we're literally getting a entire dev note clarifying blue mage's situation tomorrow, and one day isnt long to wait.

Of course if it turns out blue mage is just a side gimmick then I'll probably be one of the first ones super upset.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Renegret posted:

guys stop standing on the pads I need to wipe to ancient flare 6 more times so I can learn it

More like. gently caress gotta queue up for alliance raid for the 20tjh time because I didn't learn the spell.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You have to finish Eureka Pyros to unlock BLU.

BLU exclusively uses elemental levels so you have to level up within Eureka.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
What's interesting to me is that they said that BLU isn't one of the 3 Shadowbringer jobs, which means there's another one out there that didn't get leaked at all? Or did I misunderstand that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Holyshoot posted:

More like. gently caress gotta queue up for alliance raid for the 20tjh time because I didn't learn the spell.

I know but the idea of getting huffed on by a Marlboro so you get halitosis is really funny to me

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

What's interesting to me is that they said that BLU isn't one of the 3 Shadowbringer jobs, which means there's another one out there that didn't get leaked at all? Or did I misunderstand that.

They said "multiple" Jobs for Shadowbringer, IIRC.
e:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rainuwastaken posted:

this seems to be the case. Unless they're only gonna do 2, but I can't imagine they'd do 2 dps again, or put in only a tank or a healer.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

somepartsareme posted:

watching people immediately take these little scraps of information, piece them together into the worst possible scenario, and start complaining about it, is lol

The most recent new thing is Eureka so if that is anything to go by we are probably underestimating how bad BLU will be

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Oxyclean posted:

They said "multiple" Jobs for Shadowbringer, IIRC.
e:

It would be amazing if SB (well poo poo) gave us 3 new jobs but I imagine they just shifted BLU up ahead for the teaser/fanfest material. It also makes the level 50 cap make even more sense. It'd be a pain to balance a new job for endgame, and capping it at 50 may be a case of them literally not having more content ready.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
My (completely irrational) train of thought is that if they were just releasing 2 classes, they would have said 2 instead of "multiple." But two new ones would be fine with me!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

My (completely irrational) train of thought is that if they were just releasing 2 classes, they would have said 2 instead of "multiple." But two new ones would be fine with me!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Argas posted:

It would be amazing if SB (well poo poo) gave us 3 new jobs but I imagine they just shifted BLU up ahead for the teaser/fanfest material. It also makes the level 50 cap make even more sense. It'd be a pain to balance a new job for endgame, and capping it at 50 may be a case of them literally not having more content ready.

Most likely dont want to create an endgame rotation for 70 and then retool it for 80 like immediately.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Yea, I bet the slow leveling for Bkue Mage is because they couldn't finish it in time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I think it's :krad: that BLU's casting animation is a FF5 callback.

nyttyn posted:

Everything seems super hype right now.

I'd advise extreme caution about being upset and jumping to conclusions right now, we're literally getting a entire dev note clarifying blue mage's situation tomorrow, and one day isnt long to wait.

Of course if it turns out blue mage is just a side gimmick then I'll probably be one of the first ones super upset.

:agreed:

Lots of people are already drawing awful conclusions about what it means for BLU to be a "limited job" right now. Clearly they wanted to give everyone a playable preview of a new job and this was the best way for them to do it. There's no way they would do this and then go "yeah BLU is just a side-attraction joke class, enjoy!"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

anyone got a clip of the "multiple new jobs" video? i realize it doesn't show much but my friends say you can briefly see gunblade in there and i missed it

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
You guys jump to some weird rear end conclusions. Blue will be like any other job in terms of the content you can take it into, is most likely only going to be limited to 50 until the actual 5.0 release, and will just have it's own solo duties most likely to facilitate is learned ability gimmick.

Great fuckin keynote though. So much better than last fanfests stormblood announcement. Everything announced so far seems actually cool and relevant. Super happy they have something planned for crafters and gatherers. Also pleased no mention of eureka was made although that doesn't mean anything.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

anyone got a clip of the "multiple new jobs" video? i realize it doesn't show much but my friends say you can briefly see gunblade in there and i missed it

https://twitter.com/xivtrivia/status/1063519531249750021

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I hope the next, next expansion is called "Highwind" or something.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The teaser is up on youtube now too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBYy1uzSqI

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hell yeah thanks homie

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BLU trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJ3oGF2SJM

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's how you do an opening ceremony, I'm drat hyped to fail my way to success in this expansion.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Leofish posted:

I hope the next, next expansion is called "Highwind" or something.

God dammit

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

KoB posted:

Most likely dont want to create an endgame rotation for 70 and then retool it for 80 like immediately.

You know, I imagine this is actually it. They said they're overhauling the battle system for 5.0 and decluttering action bars, it wouldn't make sense to patch in a fully functional 4.0 job just before the patch that retools the 4.0 paradigm.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Ither posted:

Yea, I bet the slow leveling for Bkue Mage is because they couldn't finish it in time.

or SE CEO told him to release it early and incomplete in an attempt to get resubs cus of their awful earnings this year?

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Kuvo posted:

or SE CEO told him to release it early and incomplete in an attempt to get resubs cus of their awful earnings this year?

The curse of Final Fantasy 15

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Kuvo posted:

If that's the guy who came on stage then perhaps he is an actual blue mage and was tired of the lack of representation in the game.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Thanks, I tuned in too late for that part.

I never actually watched the trailers for the other expansions, did they show job changes in those as well? I thought that was kind of cool.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

KoB posted:

This make sense to me.

I'm super pissed that I'm gonna be that sucker that helps rebuild Ishgard. Especially if the carrot at the end of the stick is "Ishgardian Housing"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I gotta say, I was really happy to watch this live and feel it wash away the awful taint of the Blizzcon keynote. Yoshi-P and crew really know how to get fans hyped.

Thumbnail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A66oTvc-J5E

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

small bird pudding posted:

I never actually watched the trailers for the other expansions, did they show job changes in those as well? I thought that was kind of cool.

They did change jobs in the hw and sb trailer, but not like was shown in this one, also you should watch those trailers.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

small bird pudding posted:

Nah, not with the flash of light and the sound effect. I grinned like an idiot when he started quick-changing through all the old flagship jobs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Oxyclean posted:

Ha, Nu Mou beast tribe.

I love Nu Mou. I love Blue Mage. I love Ivalice. :neckbeard:

I just wish I could do more with BLU in 4.5 than Praetorium or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

So, like, is this a Sharlayan outfit? I feel like this looks sort of like something you'd pull out of Great Gubal Library, or the Shire gear. I'm really curious what the lore origins of this job is going to be.