Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Luneshot posted:

The space laser poo poo is especially baffling because one person with the right wind and weather conditions, half a brain, and a lighter could start the same fire, and be not only more discreet but also a hell of a lot cheaper than your bazillion-dollar orbital laser.

But orbital beam weapons are cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Luneshot posted:

The space laser poo poo is especially baffling because one person with the right wind and weather conditions, half a brain, and a lighter could start the same fire, and be not only more discreet but also a hell of a lot cheaper than your bazillion-dollar orbital laser.

that doesn't blame obama's government tho

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Luneshot posted:

yeah but think of all the jobs created by a bazillion dollar orbital laser

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
those wildfires burning in a region prone to wildfires were started by a secret space laser weapon

do you have some other explanation?

Homocow has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Nov 16, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Beef posted:

those wildfires burning a region prone to wildfires were started by a secret space laser weapon

do you have some other explanation?

aliens

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

reverse engineering an alien fighter is where we got the orbital laser technology

its the only explanation that makes sense!

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

reverse engineering an alien fighter is where we got the orbital laser technology

its the only explanation that makes sense!

independence day was a documentary

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would orbital beam weapons even work against targets beneath the atmosphere?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolomite posted:

an episode of the x-files features "warbird-class" orbital space lasers shooting at mulder and guest star invisigoth

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dolomite posted:

except we get trump as president

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Addamere posted:

would orbital beam weapons even work against targets beneath the atmosphere?

Adaptive optics op

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Johnny Cash came back from the dead to finish killing off the California condor.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

Adaptive optics op

trump ... good? but how does this apply to laser

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Luneshot posted:

The funnier and probably correct conspiracy theory is that PG&E started the space laser conspiracy theory online to distract from its own culpability

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Algund Eenboom posted:

The funnier and probably correct conspiracy theory is that PG&E started the space laser conspiracy theory online to distract from its own culpability

elong musk issued his flamethrowers to fans in the area to clear it out for his hyperloop

obviously

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
shoot hurricane with space laser to break it up instead of nuke

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Also wouldn’t a laser ablate metal instead of melting it?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Not if the movies are to be believed

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lote posted:

Also wouldn’t a laser ablate metal instead of melting it?

thats why you use PHASERS, duh

... what if the secret space weapons are disruptors instead? :gowron:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

VectorSigma posted:

nobody tell the loonies that you can't actually see laser beams, especially ir lasers used in weapons

no no no the cia's cancer satellite is the one that has invisible beams

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Guys, isn't it obvious that these fires were a result of the secret new weapon NK recently tested?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the fires are so deadly because of the winds which caused the fire to spread fast

has anyone suggested weather-control weapons yet? some combination of lasers and weather-control

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

https://twitter.com/chrismichel/status/1063473119447240704

cool to have a major city's air be completely toxic and not adequately warn people or really do poo poo about it!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
fyi

https://twitter.com/swamidigital/status/1063267663957307392

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

do you mean to tell me the capitalists are selling useless placebos to idiots??

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you think thats "air" yer breathin?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
like you don't need to put a number on it you can visually ascertain even from that guy's video that it's Bad Out

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
asthma means I have an air quality sensor built into my body :smugdog:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gunshow Poophole posted:

like you don't need to put a number on it you can visually ascertain even from that guy's video that it's Bad Out

This is America, buddy. We don't just respond to things that obviously require intervention. Yeah sure maybe it's "bad out", but what do you expect us to do about that? It's "bad out" everywhere! Until you bring that air down to the office and fill out some forms for means tested tax credits, we've got no way to know how "bad out" it is.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Beef posted:

asthma means I have an air quality sensor built into my body :smugdog:

you are like a cyborg superhero! :buddy:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Addamere posted:

do you mean to tell me the capitalists are selling useless placebos to idiots??

cross promotion opportunity: have the sensor pop up an ad for a particular respirator when it reads "very unhealthy" or worse!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Addamere posted:

This is America, buddy. We don't just respond to things that obviously require intervention. Yeah sure maybe it's "bad out", but what do you expect us to do about that? It's "bad out" everywhere! Until you bring that air down to the office and fill out some forms for means tested tax credits, we've got no way to know how "bad out" it is.

i was about to make this post myself

because u see as soon as we have attached a Number to the Badness, we can all congratulate ourselves on a job well done

and all the loving people debating over the accuracy of sensors are doing exactly what we are ironically posting :smithicide:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i was about to make this post myself

because u see as soon as we have attached a Number to the Badness, we can all congratulate ourselves on a job well done

and all the loving people debating over the accuracy of sensors are doing exactly what we are ironically posting :smithicide:

welcome to 2018 binch, whoo can't wait for 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/lisatozzi/status/1063558747451211776

nice job capitalism

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/AlexisRoucourt/status/1063209037867577344

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but what does it mean

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol my chest hurts

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol my chest hurts

lol look at this idiot liveposting his death

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

when there were fires near the city here they ran out of $10 breathing masks and then people started selling them on craigslist for 50 bucks a pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

when there were fires near the city here they ran out of $10 breathing masks and then people started selling them on craigslist for 50 bucks a pop

look the invisible hand of the free market knows best you dumbass leftist