Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Dawgstar posted:

I've decided to go in for the reprint of the base game. Watched a bunch of videos on people playing it and honestly it hits most of my buttons.

I'm all in for Street Masters and Sword and Sorcery. RIP money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mugaaz posted:

I'm all in for Street Masters and Sword and Sorcery. RIP money.

I'm sorely tempted to go for the 'base game plus expansion they're doing the actual KS for' but it's over $200 bucks and the Nile Empire book for TORG coming out later this month.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Dawgstar posted:

I'm sorely tempted to go for the 'base game plus expansion they're doing the actual KS for' but it's over $200 bucks and the Nile Empire book for TORG coming out later this month.

Honestly, I think base game alone is enough for everyone.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

Honestly, I think base game alone is enough for everyone.

I mean, "as much content as most people will probably play anytime soon", sure. Enough? Not for me. :p

ChoiDivision
Nov 10, 2018

TheDiceBagLady posted:

This is really nice stuff, useful for Bloodbowl proxies
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...i_a1sak-tBZhbLk

Actual women that look like they can fight rather than the usual female sportsball tropes... I particularly like the fuller figured ones which look badass instead of crappy cliches,

top stuff, well worth supporting,

thanks for posting, Annie :D

The project is currently at 88% and we've added some great add-ons as well as some social media stretch goals.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LashLightning posted:

It's about gaining powers via magical menstruation, if that helps.

You know what? It really doesn't.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

My copy of The Glass-Maker's Dragon arrived today. I am happy -- and a bit surprised -- that a kind of troubled Kickstarter has finally delivered on everything I was supposed to get. One down, three to go...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

atholbrose posted:

My copy of The Glass-Maker's Dragon arrived today. I am happy -- and a bit surprised -- that a kind of troubled Kickstarter has finally delivered on everything I was supposed to get. One down, three to go...

It’s kind of amazing. After Eos stole the money fans only got copies because a fan bought them. All of them.

ChoiDivision
Nov 10, 2018

ChoiDivision posted:

thanks for posting, Annie :D

The project is currently at 88% and we've added some great add-ons as well as some social media stretch goals.

The project is now funded! Next goal is to reach 100 backers which will unlock the first star player. We're only 4 backers away

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

It’s kind of amazing. After Eos stole the money fans only got copies because a fan bought them. All of them.

That is actually really amazing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I was watching some vids about board games and I found out about one called Cat Rescue that looked like a cute and light filler game where players cooperate to try and rescue and adopt out as many cats as they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GblryEe0KI

So when I went looking for where you can order the game, I saw that on boardgamegeek the creator had said that people can obtain it from emailing some taiwan-something-something website, but another way is to back a kickstarter that the creator was gonna put up. The kickstarter is for a separate game called A Plus and it looks cute and I think the intent of it is nice, though I don't know any children with autism so I wouldn't know if it is successful at what it sets out to do.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tatewu/a-plus-a-game-for-children-with-autism

It says on the page there that the game is a cooperative card game intended to help autistic children to develop better social skills through encouraging socialization between players. The page also mentions that the creator has a bachelor's in psychology with an emphasis on behavior analysis and that he really wanted to make something directed towards helping out autistic children. Maybe if someone in here has experience with autistic children, they could tell me whether this game is dumb or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyKBDrL-88

So for $19, you'll be able to get A Plus, but also you'll get Cat Rescue along with a single card expansion for Cat Rescue, but I believe that pretty much everyone who backs at a physical product tier will be getting that expansion card so I assume that's meant to entice people to back the full $19 so they get the game the expansion is for too. It also says that the products will ship before Christmas except for the $19 tier,

There's only 66 hours left to go and I'm mainly backing it in order to get a copy of Cat Rescue, but I like the good intentions behind A Plus and I hope that it is successful at what it aims to achieve.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Speaking of cats, Affectionate: Cats and Cuddles - It's Treat Time is fully funded and nearing its first stretch goal with 9 days remaining.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

atholbrose posted:

I got the pdf of that from the bundle a while back.

It's staggering and amazing and I can't imagine ever running it with my group.

(I uh also don't understand how to play the game yet, mostly, so there's that too. :v:)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

I got the pdf of that from the bundle a while back.

It's staggering and amazing and I can't imagine ever running it with my group.

(I uh also don't understand how to play the game yet, mostly, so there's that too. :v:)

My general way of explaining it would be to say that most games are built around the idea that you have plot happening as the main thing, and then you have any slice-of-life scenes or exposition scenes where you share your feelings and build relationships as the connectors between bits of load-bearing plot.

With Chuubo it's reversed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rand Brittain posted:

My general way of explaining it would be to say that most games are built around the idea that you have plot happening as the main thing, and then you have any slice-of-life scenes or exposition scenes where you share your feelings and build relationships as the connectors between bits of load-bearing plot.

With Chuubo it's reversed.
Are there any decent actual play videos/podcasts?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

dwarf74 posted:

I believe Jenna Moran has released a full example-of-play supplement, Finding Home, which I'm planning on picking up soon. (I've also got the Chuubo's bug and want to run this thing, God help me.)

I'd also be interested in online AP, though, if any good ones exist. Google just picks up a handful of forum games.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

I don't know of any, but the example of play is available now.

ChoiDivision
Nov 10, 2018
My Kickstarter project is now funded and the first stretch goal has been unlocked :D any team which includes a full team will receive the chainsaw star player for free.
She's also available as an add-on

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/exit23games/zenobian-zeniths-fantasy-football-team/posts/2348290?ref=activity

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laywastegames/metal-0/description

Launched about 15 minutes ago is a new game designed by Jordan Draper (of Import/Export and TOKYO SERIES fame) and manufactured by Lay Waste Games (of Dragoon and Human Era fame)

All metal pieces, all metal box. In short, its a collection of metal pieces so you can play classic lawn games like Bocce on your tabletop. There's also some new game rules as well.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 19, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Also it's like 35 bucks, which is surprisingly reasonable. I fully expected that to be crazy expensive.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Echophonic posted:

Also it's like 35 bucks, which is surprisingly reasonable. I fully expected that to be crazy expensive.

Yeah, that was a great draw for me. I was already sure I was gonna back, but it's nice to not break the bank on it

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Fria Ligan are kickstarting Elysium the final one of their mutant year zero games. Mutants, animal people, and robots are already out, so now comes the baseline humans living in the vault. The game is already written in swedish.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yikes with that art.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

ravenkult posted:

Yikes with that art.

What, it doesn't make you pumped to back at the Commisar level???

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
CMON making losses, with their Kickstarters not doing so well.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

ravenkult posted:

Yikes with that art.

There was one comment in the comments about it, from Fraser Simons (of The Veil fame) and Fria Ligan's answer was... enh.

Fraser Simons posted:

This is paralleling some weird subject matter. All the art looks like people are fascists and you’re judges oppressing a population hand picked to be labourers from corporations with your blood line being the ultimate thing you care about. Intense subject matter. I would hope the campaign would be about dismantling the status quo?

Fria Ligan posted:

Indeed - things are about to change in Elysium I, and the player characters have some hard choices to make...

I mean 'oh yes, it's a horrid fascist state but it's going to be in smoking ruins by the time the metaplot's done with it' would at least have been slightly reassuring, although it's still pretty iffy.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

The_Doctor posted:

CMON making losses, with their Kickstarters not doing so well.

Buht thousands and millions of dollars on Kickstarter means they're all lining their pockets with gold and can afford to do everything I want them to do and they suck and are greedy if they don't
:qqsay:

Bummer to see this, but just goes to show that even at some of the highest levels, board games are simply not the most lucrative of enterprises and budgets often live on a knife's edge subject to so many whims of the market. It's hard to know what is going to pay off and what isn't, and if you're CMON, it's hard to think that A Song of Ice & Fire is one that ends up in the latter category, even if it was an expensive jumping on point for that particular product.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Street Masters: Aftershock has about 3 hrs left and is looking pretty drat packed with content after all its stretch goals. Just the base game alone had so much to do that the expansion material will last you forever. Highly recommended.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

neaden posted:

Fria Ligan are kickstarting Elysium the final one of their mutant year zero games. Mutants, animal people, and robots are already out, so now comes the baseline humans living in the vault. The game is already written in swedish.

I see they've once again completely ignored the PDF market with their addons/pledge levels for previous content in the line. It's not a dealbreaker for me this time (the way it was for me with their Things from the Flood campaign) since I was around for the last two Mutant Kickstarters and have picked up Year Zero & supplements in other contexts, but it seems like such a weird blind spot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My Tokyo Series pledge arrived today; I'm really excited to dig in to these games, but I almost think Jordan was a little too earnest in trying to cram as much game as possible into as small a box as possible.

Its great not having a box full of air, but its almost a game in and of itself getting everything back into the boxes.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

malkav11 posted:

I see they've once again completely ignored the PDF market with their addons/pledge levels for previous content in the line. It's not a dealbreaker for me this time (the way it was for me with their Things from the Flood campaign) since I was around for the last two Mutant Kickstarters and have picked up Year Zero & supplements in other contexts, but it seems like such a weird blind spot.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't allow those as add-ons. Their stuff doesn't go on sale in PDF form often either.

In terms of the setting, I think it's pretty clear from the other game lines that Elysium 1 isn't long for the world. The games all come with a basic scenario that you end up upsetting during the course of the game, so I would assume this isn't any difference and Elysium is going to end up trashed with a lot of people dead to give you a reason to go out and explore the Zone.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Merauder posted:

Buht thousands and millions of dollars on Kickstarter means they're all lining their pockets with gold and can afford to do everything I want them to do and they suck and are greedy if they don't
:qqsay:

Bummer to see this, but just goes to show that even at some of the highest levels, board games are simply not the most lucrative of enterprises and budgets often live on a knife's edge subject to so many whims of the market. It's hard to know what is going to pay off and what isn't, and if you're CMON, it's hard to think that A Song of Ice & Fire is one that ends up in the latter category, even if it was an expensive jumping on point for that particular product.

They don't exactly push their minigames as much as other companies. They kinda dropped all support for Wraith of Kings and Dark Age has always been super small. I don't see Song of Fire and Ice doing as well unless the events at Adepticon really kick off. The kickstarter being a slow rollout doesn't help (hell, I'm missing most of my stuff still).
It sucks, as there is a lot of good rules behind their games. They just don't get a lot of traction.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
A little late finding out about this, nine days to go and a little less than $2,000 away from just making their initial funding goal, but Thousand Arrows looks like it could potentially be interesting if you like PbtA and/or Warring States period Japan.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Also it's by James Mendez-Hodes, who is top-notch both at writing and knowing his poo poo.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

A little late finding out about this, nine days to go and a little less than $2,000 away from just making their initial funding goal, but Thousand Arrows looks like it could potentially be interesting if you like PbtA and/or Warring States period Japan.

I like both of these things, and the PDF only tier is ten bucks.

Sold.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm in for $10, I'd consider physical but money's tight and the holidays are coming up unfortunately. My guess is they'll make their funding goal with the last 48 hour pledge surges but I don't know how many stretch goals they'll make. The obligatory cyberpunk hack is at $25,000, for example. But hell, the base game sounds decent enough with an emphasis on battlefield-level warfare and also "how to play samurai without being a huge fuckin weeb about it."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just pledged for Welcome to Dino World because it's cheap and I can't have enough games where I run theme parks with dinosaurs.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
After my initial hesitation I have backed the Catacombs Playmat kickstarter. Its the last day and there is a lot of stretch goal content already unlocked.

I know it's sad but I'm kind of looking forward to putting about a billion stickers onto wooden discs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

Did this get a rules preview? I looked at launch because I want to check that it doesn't just copy Defy Danger, but couldn't find one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did this get a rules preview? I looked at launch because I want to check that it doesn't just copy Defy Danger, but couldn't find one.

There’s a preview linked in the first backers-only update. On a quick look at the basic moves, there isn’t a move remotely like Defy Danger. Like, there’s not even a move equivalent to Act Under Fire that I can see.