Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wondering what combining TP and MP means for classes like Dark Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Harrow posted:

Combining MP and TP is a pretty interesting choice. Is there any indication what the new combined resource will be called? Just MP or TP or something else?

I think we know what it's gonna be called.

:blastu:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

drk needs a retool anyway so

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

isk posted:

Betting that BLU will remain capped until Stormbringers release - maintains player/sub engagement, allows players to familiarize with the class a bit (and make a call if they want to main that or switch) before expansion launch, helps keep lower level queues populated with veteran players (even if they're not healers/tanks), etc.

Overall I'm real hype and (manager willing) I'll likely take off a couple weeks for the expansion launch again.

Didn't they specifically say that the cap will be raised gradually across patches? That doesn't lead me to believe 80 will be available at SB2 release

slev
Apr 6, 2009

BLU sounds like a thing they made for people to grind while they wait for 5.0

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Didn't they specifically say that the cap will be raised gradually across patches? That doesn't lead me to believe 80 will be available at SB2 release

yes as has been repeated several times in this thread they have in fact said that

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

slev posted:

BLU sounds like a thing they made for people to grind while they wait for 5.0

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Combined MP and TP is just going to be MP.

Gruckles posted:

removing gender restriction on clothing

I was just fixing myself some coffee and thinking about the Viera, before my mind remember this post and suddenly understood the joke your were making.

(Because Bugs Bunny cross dresses a lot.)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

Combining MP and TP is a pretty interesting choice. Is there any indication what the new combined resource will be called? Just MP or TP or something else?
They said it would just be MP. Makes sense really.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't believe Zodiark is a monkey

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Asimo posted:

They said it would just be MP. Makes sense really.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not unusual for an FF game to have MP costs for "physical" moves (like FF9 did), and FFXIV has established that even the physical jobs are using mana to power their attacks anyway.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Harrow posted:

I thought the leaks said that GUN would be a tank job, or has that changed since I last checked?

it's gonna be TMP

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Hell, access to ethers would make SAM aoe a lot more tolerable.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rainuwastaken posted:

Or bards

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Phone posted:

it's gonna be TMP

Look to the top of the page and weep at how hard u got ownd

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Limited job could also mean like, they can use the really fun poo poo like ultima and level 5 death and overpowered abilities in the open world - but in raids they have a much more limited toolkit?

idk, food for thought. I'd honestly wait until tomorrow before drawing any conclusions.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Martman posted:

Look to the top of the page and weep at how hard u got ownd

preview of the new classes in 6.0

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Arrrthritis posted:

Limited job could also mean like, they can use the really fun poo poo like ultima and level 5 death and overpowered abilities in the open world - but in raids they have a much more limited toolkit?

idk, food for thought. I'd honestly wait until tomorrow before drawing any conclusions.

i haven't been able to pay super close attention since some server is on fire, but assuming the "worst possible scenario" of it not hitting the current level cap, it's a way to inject people into DF for lower level content that's already largely broken mechanics wise due to gear. it's a way to funnel people into 50/60/70/24DRs without having to significantly alter the reward structure.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zil posted:

Or bards

Maybe have Foe's Requiem last a base duration, which is extended by one second whenever you use a weaponskill during that duration.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
So am I the only one that thinks the kid with Thancred is Unukalhai?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phone posted:

preview of the new classes in 6.0

new CRN job, signature ability Mini

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Harrow posted:

The real tragedy here is that now there are two expansions abbreviated SB

Heaven Sword was the best expannsion. I hope Storm Ringers is good tho.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Note Block posted:

It looked like a girl, and there wasn't a mask.

I wasn't expecting the classic stage magician motif for blue mage, but I'm digging it.

Here's hoping that the new data centers + server reorganizing doesn't gently caress my static!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Note Block posted:

Was my first thought as well. He's right by Ishgard and part of HW, the trailer's full of HW callouts (like 2 bosses from Lost City Hard), and the FFXIV team loves bringing characters back.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's Minfilia and he's protecting her from this very thread.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Renegret posted:

It's Minfilia and he's protecting her from this very thread.

When did Thancred join the bad guys

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Can't wait for goad to restore MP so even more dps classes can fail to fuel my holy spam in dungeons.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I assumed the Limited thing meant that BLU would be available only to people who preordered Shadowbringer, otherwise you would have to wait for the actual expansion to play BLU.

This would also fit with why the level cap is 50, they don't want preorders to get ahead of the other new jobs in Shadowbringer which will presumably be starting at 50.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Just popping in to say that BLU AF in the video is garbage and that XI's is better in every way.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They really should have waited till tomorrow for the BLU reveal because the speculation is turning into a game of telephone where everyone is making wild assumptions that feed into other wild assumptions and now people are convinced it actually is going to be a Eureka only class or some dumb meme bullshit like that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

They really should have waited till tomorrow for the BLU reveal because the speculation is turning into a game of telephone where everyone is making wild assumptions that feed into other wild assumptions and now people are convinced it actually is going to be a Eureka only class or some dumb meme bullshit like that.

i heard that you can only play as BLU during halloween

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Blockhouse posted:

It's way funnier this way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/6v05W2Y.gifv

Ugh, why is that so huge on our forums.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Injuryprone posted:

Just popping in to say that BLU AF in the video is garbage and that XI's is better in every way.

It's not the AF. It's just some reworked gear, like the starting RDM stuff. At the very least I recognize the stupid hat.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Injuryprone posted:

:hmmyes:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Injuryprone posted:

Just swinging by to comment that I played blu in XI for half a decade and you’re completely wrong, Phantom Thief Blue Mage is now the the only interpretation we need.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Argas posted:

It's not the AF. It's just some reworked gear, like the starting RDM stuff. At the very least I recognize the stupid hat.

If that is the case then please tell me where I can go get that top, because I want it real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Me trying to be polite but also really loving SAM AoE: