Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Quiet Feet posted:

Wilson just doesn't know how to run anymore. It seems like he starts to think about it just a second too late every time.

Huh, wrong thread but this is still a view so what the hell, I'll go with it

He's being told not to run as much.

In all honesty this was a better running game for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gatts posted:

I have a proposal.

If a team scores a touchdown, they get to go on offense again. If they're out after 4 downs without scoring, the other team gets their turn.

Make It Take It doesn’t work for football

nah
Mar 16, 2009

get rid of punting

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So here's something fun.

Home teams are 8-2 on TNF, the only two home teams to lose are the Giants and Cardinals who suck out loud.

Remaining thursday schedule:

Bears @ Lions
Falcons @ Saints
Washington @ Cowboys
Saints @ Cowboys (Both have a full week of rest, so this game should be normal).
Jaguars @ Titans
Chargers @ Chiefs

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

Remaining thursday schedule:

Chargers @ Chiefs

drat, is this week 16? Chargers having to go on the road on a short week for a playoff spot into Arrowhead is gonna suck.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm so mad that this rematch against KC is on TNF

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JPrime posted:

drat, is this week 16? Chargers having to go on the road on a short week for a playoff spot into Arrowhead is gonna suck.

Week 15

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1063484295132647425?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol Colts cost their own player nearly $27k

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1063480983767445505

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

nah posted:

make punting the only way to advance the ball

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

a neat cape posted:

It has to be, a huge division game with two playoff-bound contenders. And it's gonna be a great game. Probably. Or else it's gonna be a shameful beatdown but you know, whatever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How hard would it be to only schedule TNF games for teams coming off a bye? That would mean no TNF before week 5-6? or after week 12? Or extend the season 1 weeks and have 2 byes, allowing TNF week 1,3-17.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well that’s a good way to make sure no team posts videos ever again.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

TNF is a clownball game, so I think it's actually an Advantage for the Chargers that Andy doesn't have a full week to prepare.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton/status/1063498364925419520

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chilichimp posted:

extend the season 1 weeks and have 2 byes, allowing TNF week 1,3-17.
This but also have two games start the season on a Thursday and have two of those four teams play the next week, like they are doing for the Cowboys/Saints: Each are playing on Thanksgiving at home (Washington @ Cowboys and Falcons @ Saints) then the Cowboys and the Saints play the next Thursday in Dallas. No TNF week 16 or 17 though because thats really super late for a Bye and playoff scenario BS.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

:allears:

Anyone have that gif of Carroll smugging with a cane and cape or whatever while the plane flies into the tower in the background?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Chilichimp posted:

How hard would it be to only schedule TNF games for teams coming off a bye? That would mean no TNF before week 5-6? or after week 12? Or extend the season 1 weeks and have 2 byes, allowing TNF week 1,3-17.

It should always be like this. Schedule the TNF games for week 1, 5-13, and give the network some Saturday night games for week 2-4 if you have to make up for them.

If they are concerned for player safety and the quality of the product they would make this change.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Slowpoke! posted:

If they are concerned for player safety and the quality of the product

Good one.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Bears play a Sunday late game in Chicago against the Vikings and then an early Thursday game in Detroit against the Lions. The NFL doesn't give a poo poo about improving the schedule for teams.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slowpoke! posted:

Saturday night games for week 2-4
This is impossible because of provisions in the leagues status as a non-profit. NFL telecasts cannot compete with College or Highschool football.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is impossible because of provisions in the leagues status as a non-profit. NFL telecasts cannot compete with College or Highschool football.

The league is not a non-profit at all. It is, however, immune from anti-trust concerns due to its monopoly status as long as it doesn't broadcast on top of high school or college football during their seasons.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a clean block!

Also I would bet that Luck or Irsay end up covering it if it doesn't get overturned.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Codependent Poster posted:

That was a clean block!

Also I would bet that Luck or Irsay end up covering it if it doesn't get overturned.

If by "clean" you mean "cleanly smashed his helmet into the defenders face" then yes, it was clean.

That being said it's lame as gently caress to fine someone because of a play getting attention on social media, and also they haven't been dropping any flags on helmet-first O lineman blocks in-game. If you won't call it in-game then how can you fine someone for it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ulmont posted:

The league is not a non-profit at all. It is, however, immune from anti-trust concerns due to its monopoly status as long as it doesn't broadcast on top of high school or college football during their seasons.
Oh is that it? I knew it had something to do with something like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Oh is that it? I knew it had something to do with something like that.

The league office was a non-profit for most of its life, they gave up that status in 2015 after people were super pissed about the Ray Rice thing and senator Cory Booker threatened to go after them. Something like that, but anyway it was only recently the league office itself stopped being a 'nonprofit.' The franchises themselves were not considered nonprofit organizations though, and they make the bulk of the money (like, damned near all of it) associated with the game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

The league office was a non-profit for most of its life, they gave up that status in 2015 after people were super pissed about the Ray Rice thing and senator Cory Booker threatened to go after them. Something like that, but anyway it was only recently the league office itself stopped being a 'nonprofit.' The franchises themselves were not considered nonprofit organizations though, and they make the bulk of the money (like, damned near all of it) associated with the game.
Yeah I knew the clubs were For Profit but I thought the league office was too....I somehow missed all that business in 2015 (other than Ray Rice....I did see that).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

oh boy look who came to talk to my favorite football team

:barf:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

isnt that the guy that used to be on lebrons team

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Kobe's great what's your problem

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Salvor_Hardin posted:

:allears:

Anyone have that gif of Carroll smugging with a cane and cape or whatever while the plane flies into the tower in the background?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Waroduce posted:

gently caress Kobe gently caress the Lakers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My animation friends were all hyped up when Dear Basketball won the Oscar* until I told them about Kobe's night in Colorado.

*Mainly for animator Glen Keane.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Waroduce posted:

He's a violent rapist

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
His legal defense was that she was a slut and wanted it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

His legal defense was that she was a slut and wanted it.

Airtight.

Unlike her rear end

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

No Butt Stuff posted:

Airtight.

Unlike her rear end

This ain’t it boss

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Kobe is a 99%-probable rapist who is now on an extended PR tour to make sure that people forget that he raped.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1063906703127838720?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

I'm sorry what