Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Hunter Noventa posted:

Really the most disappointing thing about BLU for me is the weapon. Give me a whip SE!

Please wait until Beastmaster. The AF armor will be Krile's Sheep Costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Really the most disappointing thing about BLU for me is the weapon. Give me a whip SE!
I, on the other hand, welcome a glorious selection of pimp canes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Desfore posted:

Please wait until Beastmaster. The AF armor will be Krile's Sheep Costume.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So BLU is a side job, GUN is either a tank or a dps, they said there's gonna be multiple jobs for Shadowblood. What's left?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Almost certainly Dancer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is the only thing which was demonstrably wrong about the leak (as far as we know) the two race thing? that's a really weird detail to get wrong considering how specific the rest was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

is the only thing which was demonstrably wrong about the leak (as far as we know) the two race thing? that's a really weird detail to get wrong considering how specific the rest was.

It may not actually be wrong. There was another rumor that the Viera's race split would be a "cute" bunny race and a "sexy" bunny race.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ImpAtom posted:

It may not actually be wrong. There was another rumor that the Viera's race split would be a "cute" bunny race and a "sexy" bunny race.

New races: viera, and viera except you pronounce it all sultry.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That'd be neat, but iirc the leak specifically said the non-viera race would be "ronso-inspired" which sounds like neither of those. Of course ultimately it doesn't matter as long as the "we get a tank and a healer" part is accurate.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
nothing but love for my insane brothers and sisters who spend money on fantasias

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Extreme gender dimorphism.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Argas posted:

It's not the AF. It's just some reworked gear, like the starting RDM stuff. At the very least I recognize the stupid hat.

Yeah, I think I'm wearing that hat currently.

AF gear is probably what's in that picture. With the white thighboots.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I don't think Square did anything in Stormblood that gives me confidence that they'll pull off solo-Blu, especially if they're planning on leading off with ARR content. Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I feel like they've been coasting on low expectations and brand recognition for a while.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bolow posted:

I mean we could wait until tomorrow to find out what the gently caress is actually up with BLU before we start smearing poo poo on the walls

:thunk:

A few hours from now.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Blue Mage kind of feels like a throwback to the older, pre-WoW, MMOs. You're going to be hunting skills and figuring out what mixes and matches well together.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Captain Cappy posted:

I don't think Square did anything in Stormblood that gives me confidence that they'll pull off solo-Blu, especially if they're planning on leading off with ARR content. Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I feel like they've been coasting on low expectations and brand recognition for a while.

Really? The solo instances in SB were the best they've done.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Cappy posted:

That’s kind of a weird way to frame a criticism of them, apparently, breaking from the formula in a pretty big way.

Do you want them to take risks or not?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Captain Cappy posted:

Conversely, I'm a bit more confident due to a point below. The major misses of Stormblood for me so far are 1) Raubahn EX at launch, 2) Kugane housing rollout, and 3) Eureka. The first looks to have been solved, the second is tricky, and the third's a genuinely divisive system. I think the hits include:

1) Generally good raid content (certainly better than Gordias)
2) Solid dungeons, including the best leveling dungeons in any single content phase (the loot system helps)
3) Pretty good story (admittedly subjective)
4) SAM & RDM are well designed
5) The job refactor was mostly successful
6) Most accessible crafting experience in a content phase (and gathering's reasonable, too)
7) Soken's continued good tracks (Arboretum Hard's an exception)
8) The EX primals at SB launch were *just* hard enough for the community as a whole
9) Cross-realm PF serving as a test bed for full cross realms (would really be judged by the latter's launch)
10) Engaging MSQ duties with plausible fail conditions (which leads me to cautious optimism for BLU)

Now that we can look back, I think Eureka took away too many resources from other areas (either to elevate a good system to excellent, or to improve something underperforming). Overall though I've enjoyed SB quite a lot and I'm glad they're taking measured steps instead of reinventing the game every 2 years. After 14 years of that in WoW, I'm just tired of it in MMOs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like the weird loving systems based content they come up with in this game. Sometimes they don't always land, but any time that there's a system to interact with and unique UI elements I pump my fist and woot a little, some of the relic steps, catbook, squads, deep dungeon, maps, even the magia board in Eureka. I don't always want to participate in the things those systems are attached to (and I'm sorry for being optimistic about eureka hundreds of pages ago, I was wrong), but man I sure love to spin the magia board.

So if blue mage is The Systems Job and it has a weird unique side progression, bring it the heck on!!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Any goon meetups at Fanfest? Hovering around a bit.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Captain Oblivious posted:

That’s kind of a weird way to frame a criticism of them, apparently, breaking from the formula in a pretty big way.

Tbh I kinda don’t. I want for a new job to be a new job. I play warframe, so developers taking risks isn’t anathema to me, but I like that ffxiv is kinda boring and stable, and their experimentation is within the established paradigm of the game.

Still gonna let them explain it in more detail tomorrow, but I’ll be disappointed if they make a gentleman thief class aesthetic and shunt it off into its own side content instead of the entire rest of the game.

Also blue mage being a gentleman thief aesthetic makes me think someone over there is watching the new season of Super Sentai and :allears:

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 17, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Blue Mage kind of feels like a throwback to the older, pre-WoW, MMOs. You're going to be hunting skills and figuring out what mixes and matches well together.

It's not pre-WoW but Guild Wars 1 was cool for both of those things. I guess that sort of thing can only work in solo content these days because people will just post an excel sheet telling you what skills to bring if its group content.

Failboattootoot posted:

Really? The solo instances in SB were the best they've done.

The solo Lakshmi fight was okay but I can't remember anything else that didn't devolve to just beating up dudes while a healer NPC keeps you alive. They were useful for telling a story but I don't feel like they were fun gameplay wise.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I mean that their current "Innovation" setting is Eureka and that more content where they try to innovate is going to be more of the same.

isk posted:

Now that we can look back, I think Eureka took away too many resources from other areas (either to elevate a good system to excellent, or to improve something underperforming). Overall though I've enjoyed SB quite a lot and I'm glad they're taking measured steps instead of reinventing the game every 2 years. After 14 years of that in WoW, I'm just tired of it in MMOs.

I agree with this post. I want them to focus on making dungeon content more viable for DPSs to do because I genuinely enjoy running them and wish I didn't have to wait 30 minutes just to join one. Give Tanks/Healers real rewards for doing Roulettes even after the first run and I'd run it all day. Cracked Clusters were a good idea but running Aurum Vale for one these days, well... :fireman:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

The solo Lakshmi fight was okay but I can't remember anything else that didn't devolve to just beating up dudes while a healer NPC keeps you alive. They were useful for telling a story but I don't feel like they were fun gameplay wise.
There was the one fight where you're partied up with a scion arcanist who happened to be a healer NPC that tries to keep you dead.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Algid posted:

There was the one fight where you're partied up with a scion arcanist who happened to be a healer NPC that tries to keep you dead.

I mean, dead is stable.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

OhFunny posted:

Be it through grinding or data mining, some goonlord will have everything mathed out and solved by the time I get home from work on patch day.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I think I'm wearing that hat currently.

AF gear is probably what's in that picture. With the white thighboots.

What is it? It's rad, and I want it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

While we're doing retrospects of Stormblood, O10S is one of the worst raid fights I've ever experienced and ended up killing my static. I have zero motivation or interest in seeing O11S or O12S, either.

I think this raiding tier was a big letdown after how enjoyable Deltascape and Sigmascape were. What's weird is Chaos was actually fairly decent for an introductory fight. It's like the moment they started doing OC instead of taking a fight inspired by a prior FF boss they forgot how to make an enjoyable raid.

It's not even the difficulty itself per se, or the one-hit-kills -- Exdeath and Kefka were pretty hard and had a very generous amount of OHKs, but they didn't burn my team out as hard as Midgardsormr did. Just everything about Middy feels excessive; the boss hitbox, the size of the attacks, the zero room for real mistakes, the compounded mechanics with a hair-splitting amount of precision required.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cabbit posted:

What is it? It's rad, and I want it.

(Felt) Cavalier's Hat.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

While we're doing retrospects of Stormblood, O10S is one of the worst raid fights I've ever experienced and ended up killing my static. I have zero motivation or interest in seeing O11S or O12S, either.

I think this raiding tier was a big letdown after how enjoyable Deltascape and Sigmascape were. What's weird is Chaos was actually fairly decent for an introductory fight. It's like the moment they started doing OC instead of taking a fight inspired by a prior FF boss they forgot how to make an enjoyable raid.

It's not even the difficulty itself per se, or the one-hit-kills -- Exdeath and Kefka were pretty hard and had a very generous amount of OHKs, but they didn't burn my team out as hard as Midgardsormr did. Just everything about Middy feels excessive; the boss hitbox, the size of the attacks, the zero room for real mistakes, the compounded mechanics with a hair-splitting amount of precision required.

11 and what I've seen of 12 are much better, FWIW. 11 is probably my favorite single fight this expansion (unless it's Shin Ex or Tsu Ex), though I did eventually have to mute the music during prog because it was driving me crazy.

All I can say about 10 is that PUGs seem to have finally figured it out in the last two weeks or so, and ilvls have made the room for error a lot comfier. It still sucks that the actual interesting part of the fight doesn't start until after Hot Tail, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just everything about Middy feels excessive; the boss hitbox, the size of the attacks, the zero room for real mistakes, the compounded mechanics with a hair-splitting amount of precision required.

Bulwark passing was a mistake. Hot Tail was a mistake. Akh Morn + Exaflares + Dry Ice was a mistake.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bulwark passing was a mistake. Hot Tail was a mistake. Akh Morn + Exaflares + Dry Ice was a mistake.

Dragons were a mistake, reinstate the Dragonsong War. :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

we're already fixing Ishgard what more do you want from us???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cabbit posted:

agreed, it's time to eliminate the au'ra once and for all

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The only thing I want to know during fanfest is what Yoship plans to do about the Mech and Bard in my roulette that didn't cast Tactician when I ran out of TP. Death may be too harsh, perhaps education camps are a good first step.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Captain Cappy posted:

The only thing I want to know during fanfest is what Yoship plans to do about the Mech and Bard in my roulette that didn't cast Tactician when I ran out of TP. Death may be too harsh, perhaps education camps are a good first step.

He's replacing your TP with MP so the black mage can mana shift you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Somebody ask Yoshi why Australians can't give them money for merch

loving sucks

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

For what it's worth my static starts every O10S pull with "Let's get this over with so we can get to the fun fight."

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ImpAtom posted:

Some are speculating a Viera/Feol split.

Another possibility, Viera are the last new race.. but he never said another couldn't be released in front of them...

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
32-bit PC limitations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

In my heart I know that the TP/MP retool probably won’t mean that spamming Holy Spirit leaves you starved for combo actions, but I’m still gonna be paranoid about it for months!