Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Goldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Murdoch’s take is funnier

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

monkeu posted:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

Scomo is sending John Howard off to represent the Australian govt in bilateral talks in China on December 7.

it's cool that scomo and his ministers have given up on their jobs and are negotiating by ex-pm now

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

monkeu posted:

Welcome to capitalism, binch

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Maybe idpol Twitter anger will get so bad that capitalism becomes good.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Recoome posted:

Welcome to capitalism, binch

Yeah this is exactly what religious freedom looks like. They are free to publish whatever the gently caress they like, but nobody has to purchase the magazine or advertising in it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I forget that there are people under 40 who are devout Christians. They're probably just over, but still. I never run into these sorts of people at work or in my social circles, so I'm always caught off guard when I see a photo like that.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They don't. They're imperialist Strasserite countries.

I’m not sure if they’re quite Strasserite but they are definitely homogeneous and racist as gently caress

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So Matthew Guy has apparently announced a policy for cheaper, energy efficient white goods for low income families.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

I forget that there are people under 40 who are devout Christians. They're probably just over, but still. I never run into these sorts of people at work or in my social circles, so I'm always caught off guard when I see a photo like that.

I know two people that are actual Christians that go to church.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

So Matthew Guy has apparently announced a policy for cheaper, energy efficient white goods for low income families.

This and free rego on your Ps are the funniest low income but not actually destitute policies tailored to people that may swing on racism.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-17/scott-morrison-prime-minister-for-fairdinkumness/10505460?pfmredir=sm

Changing long long standing established foreign policy

Against the wishes of the entire world

To win over 10% of the electorate in a byelection

How are they going to get out of this without looking like they buckled to foreign pressure?

Imbeciles.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

I know two people that are actual Christians that go to church.

Are they 70?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I want a society were all profit income is mandatorily realised (spent) by the state every 50 years.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So today the SA Liberals basically defunded the entire sexual health sector, which closed clinics in areas with 3 times the average teen pregnancy rates. Really can't help themselves.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
White goods for good whites.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

Are they 70?

Nah in their 30s. They're normal and have good opinions on sexuality, race and immigration. It's confusing.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Well Jesus basically told people to be compassionate to others, didn't he? Shame that the ACL etc don't seem to get that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

So today the SA Liberals basically defunded the entire sexual health sector, which closed clinics in areas with 3 times the average teen pregnancy rates. Really can't help themselves.
The Libs also took a bunch of money out of DV services in one of the worst areas in W.A. for DV, they truly are a pack of scum

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AgentF posted:

Well Jesus basically told people to be compassionate to others, didn't he? Shame that the ACL etc don't seem to get that.

Yeah they do actual Jesus stuff. They're like Flanders, but their only issue with safe schools is that it isn't used (in some regard) by religious schools???

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hambeet posted:

Yeah Matthew Guys big election promise is a discount at The Good Guys

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

monkeu posted:

quote:

"We hope that one day soon our society can learn to accept people's differences and different points of view and love each other no matter what," said the couple

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 32 hours!)

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I’m not sure if they’re quite Strasserite but they are definitely homogeneous and racist as gently caress

Boy howdy Denmark sure is. Add sexist as well.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Scomo is allowing the US to build an army base on Manus Island.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

bowmore posted:

The Libs also took a bunch of money out of DV services in one of the worst areas in W.A. for DV, they truly are a pack of scum

From my own experiences (in my role supporting others), WA in general is a loving black hole for any kind of support services. This even seemingly extends to Perth, which is allegedly a capital city, but has less social support services (crisis accommodation, mental health, etc.) then probably the minor cities which orbit Brisbane.

It could be due to the fact that these cities are within an hour's drive of Brisbane, but Brisbane isn't exactly a shining paragon of social progressiveness

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Is manus island in Australia?

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
nightmare land of desert and office suites all of it run by nasty little pink men

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/1petermartin/status/1063733099127664640

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I feel so betrayed. Why couldn't someone have predicted this?!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they all know it won’t benefit workers already, they just pretend it will

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Australian.

The fire rises friends.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

monkeu posted:

Wow, if he were shorter, they’d look just like Bo and Marshall from Ab Fab.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's gonna be Kevin 07 all over again.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

It's gonna be Kevin 07 all over again.

Anyone else get the feeling shorten would be happy to pretend he's going to low-key co-operate with Murdoch and the ACCI and then totally gently caress them all the day after the election?

Would own.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Don Dongington posted:

Anyone else get the feeling shorten would be happy to pretend he's going to low-key co-operate with Murdoch and the ACCI and then totally gently caress them all the day after the election?

Would own.

I've been chatting with someone recently who met Shorten a few times at Labor functions, on account of her ex being in the machinery, and she told me Bill is a much bigger bolshie than he lets on in front of cameras. She also likes the Greens and Robert Simms but hates SHY, and was disappointed with Albos centrist dive, so I'm gonna rate it trustworthy info.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

NTRabbit posted:

I've been chatting with someone recently who met Shorten a few times at Labor functions, on account of her ex being in the machinery, and she told me Bill is a much bigger bolshie than he lets on in front of cameras. She also likes the Greens and Robert Simms but hates SHY, and was disappointed with Albos centrist dive, so I'm gonna rate it trustworthy info.

Or Bill is a much bigger bolshie in front of the base than he actually is.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Could it be? Could a lefty finally figured out how to play the game by being centrist to get in power and then bust out the far left policy?

*checks notes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Or Bill is a much bigger bolshie in front of the base than he actually is.

Killjoy :smith: