Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Nobody ever joined QAnon because they wanted to look smart..
That is exactly why they joined.

Conspiracy theories are what dumb people think smart people sound like. To them, there is no difference between a well researched and sourced opinion and lizard-alien pizzagate nonsense. Because they were utterly failed by every person in their life responsible for teaching them to read and think.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This is really really good

Skippy McPants posted:

Twitch plays politics, as it were. It'll be interesting to see, and while it's cool what she's doing I do also worry about the negative applications it might have when wielded by someone with bad intent.

Fake edit: millennial is a pretty huge net, like '81 to '95'ish. So most people in their 30s still count as millennials. Generations are kinda dumb, and I feel like the real breakpoint is if a person was young enough to integrate when social media started to blow up. Even stuff like blogs and web forms create a huge gulf between those without.

I'm not trying to be a dick but worrying is partly how we got into this mess; not that anyone important is reading these backwater forums anymore (or are they?!), but the reason people like AOC do so well is that they don't worry about the negative applications wielded by someone with bad intent. Being unapologetic and confident about yourself and your beliefs is vanishingly rare in politics, and it actually works. CHUDs are gonna CHUD forever (or until they all croak). Their reaction shouldn't even be in consideration.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

I just love her so much. Keep kicking rear end, AOC!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Failed Imagineer posted:

The cake is also cursed

Do the toppings contain sodium benzoate

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

"Sir, this is not that tape..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63e_RgvDvY

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do the toppings contain sodium benzoate

Potassium benzoate but yes, that's bad. :science:

The cake's frosting, separately, is also cursed.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The best part of these dipshits is that they rake over footage for soundbites to make AOC sound dumb.

Meanwhile, their king of all loving idiots talks about actually raking a forest floor to stop forest fires and can't close an umbrella, and they think he is Einstein.

Amazing :allears:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I almost fear how much is being levied and filed onto AOC's shoulders so I hope some of the other great people who won Rep seats this month pick up the slack and adopt the majority of her charges and views, as well. There needs to be a lot more visibility on the other "Justice Dem" people, especially the other women Ocasio-Cortez is around.

The weird thing happening is that the GOP pundits are falling into the same trap that Clinton did 2 years back: focusing all the energy by saying "look how bad this other person is" instead of policies that will help people. The irony of course is that this time,pointing to "how bad" the other person is involves saying "healthcare, green plans, and ethics? lunacy lol" so it's really going to gently caress them over harder (as if voting out so many of the ACA-appeal weeks back wasn't obvious enough)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cr0y posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1064507136670146560?s=19

Keep stepping on rakes you loving idiots

This is like one weird trick to avoid federal judgements territory.

the big news here is that CNN is pressing to be allowed discovery (not always done in these situations, perhaps because the person who loses initially usually backs down)

it'll be an incredibly funny scenario if the white house is forced to divulge how they coordinated to push the doctored video and various different post hoc rationalizations of why they banned Acosta

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She also breaks liberals loving minds

https://twitter.com/JenKirkman/status/1064243513271808001?s=19

This is like a 30 tweet thread when Jen Kirkman loses her God drat move saying nothing in particular but that she's pretty sure anyone who like AOC is playing directly into Putin's hands if they aren't a bot already.

Like let's really hold AOC to task for taking a photo with some homeless woman

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

This is like a 30 tweet thread when Jen Kirkman loses her God drat move saying nothing in particular but that she's pretty sure anyone who like AOC is playing directly into Putin's hands if they aren't a bot already

kirkman's been a very bad liberal who constantly melts down on twitter, says she's quitting, then comes back and repeats for a while. AOC is just standing in for Bernie this time

also lol @ the susan sarandon pic - somehow sarandon is still The Enemy in these peoples' minds, she's basically personally responsible for hillary losing (and probably working for Vlad too)

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I almost fear how much is being levied and filed onto AOC's shoulders so I hope some of the other great people who won Rep seats this month pick up the slack and adopt the majority of her charges and views, as well. There needs to be a lot more visibility on the other "Justice Dem" people, especially the other women Ocasio-Cortez is around.

The weird thing happening is that the GOP pundits are falling into the same trap that Clinton did 2 years back: focusing all the energy by saying "look how bad this other person is" instead of policies that will help people. The irony of course is that this time,pointing to "how bad" the other person is involves saying "healthcare, green plans, and ethics? lunacy lol" so it's really going to gently caress them over harder (as if voting out so many of the ACA-appeal weeks back wasn't obvious enough)

Have you seen some of the stuff the other women that got voted in have been saying? Rashida Talib and Illan Omar have been beating the leftist drum as well so AOC is not alone. Also in VA we have some state-level reps like Lee Carter and Danica Roem that are making a lot of noise. Change is a-coming to the Democratic Party whether they like it or not because you bet your rear end Roem and Carter are going to try for higher office(Edit: at least I am praying for this).

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This is like a 30 tweet thread when Jen Kirkman loses her God drat move saying nothing in particular but that she's pretty sure anyone who like AOC is playing directly into Putin's hands if they aren't a bot already.

Susan Sarandon is the antichrist to these people

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Does Pence swear the new Congress members in or is it a Democrat for Democrats and a Republican for republican?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064540462848098304

oh good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

trump did 911

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

friendbot2000 posted:

Have you seen some of the stuff the other women that got voted in have been saying? Rashida Talib and Illan Omar have been beating the leftist drum as well so AOC is not alone. Also in VA we have some state-level reps like Lee Carter and Danica Roem that are making a lot of noise. Change is a-coming to the Democratic Party whether they like it or not because you bet your rear end Roem and Carter are going to try for higher office(Edit: at least I am praying for this).

Yeah I've seen Talib/Omar on their poo poo too, it's good to know the majority of the new blood is focusing on stuff that matters. I feel like there needs to be a big contingent to push back against focusing on loving Russia poo poo and heaving onward with the core issues. My big fear right now is that it will live and die with just a handful of people while Chuck Schumer marches the party off a cliff.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

These people seriously think Mueller is gonna put the bracelets on Trump so everything can go back to normal

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fools!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just before 9/11 I pointed out the person who was constantly in the news, had committed two huge terrorist attacks, was the subject of tons of debate in washington over the leagality of target strikes, IT WAS ME

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Well when the alternative is Le Pen anyone looks like a saint

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Am I crazy or is there a new format for displaying tweets on this forum? It seems, not so good?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

The alternative was an actual Nazi you dummy.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uM, what exactly does 'I pointed him out' mean?

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does Pence swear the new Congress members in or is it a Democrat for Democrats and a Republican for republican?

I'm not sure what the laws say, but I'm pretty sure if a woman raises her right hand within 25 feet of Pence, he is grounded for a month

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Trump knew about Osama Bin Laden before 9/11, the Saudis are always innocent according to the Trump admin, Trump had a lot of money sent places he didn’t want to disclose and he hid his tax documents and company filings from the public, OSB destroyed the twin towers which made Trump’s buildings amongst the tallest in NYC to his delight... checks out. :tinfoil:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064544156960387072

$Billions

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I mean, that tweet is correct?

Pakistan is a dumpster fire and the US government shouldn't be shoveling money into it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

easy mistake to make:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1064545048694583296

(in response to)

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1064544709358600192

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Pakistan is a dumpster fire and the US government shouldn't be shoveling money into it.

Yeah but the reason he doesn't like Pakistan is because it's Muslim and he doesn't have any hotels there

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

Yeah and the candidates were so disappointing that it was a historical low amount of eligible voters voting. Meanwhile all these hacks are calling him the the second coming of obama, instead of the boring piece of poo poo he is

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

Why is this relevant re: the ridiculous praise.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fister Roboto posted:

Also if he did know about it he would immediately declassify it and make it public to make sure that he got credit for it.

There is no way Trump got the same initial Presidential briefing other presidents did. More than anything else in government, I am certain of this.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Shammypants posted:

Am I crazy or is there a new format for displaying tweets on this forum? It seems, not so good?

Twitter screws with the embedding format constantly because they have to justify employing ~10x more developers than they reasonably need.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

pull up pull up, you're unironically agreeing with donald trump who is mad we give other countries money for food and education

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The WHC got their feelings hurt so bad by Wolfe that the aren't having a comedian at the next dinner.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Pakled posted:

Yeah but the reason he doesn't like Pakistan is because it's Muslim and he doesn't have any hotels there
Even a very squishy clock is right twice a day.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I mean it's the worst dem vs the best repub argument again and we've already drawn our lines in the sand about that. I'd go to bat for the worst centrist over an actual Nazi every single time if those are the two options.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

I mean it's the worst dem vs the best repub argument again and we've already drawn our lines in the sand about that. I'd go to bed for the worst centrist over an actual Nazi every single time if those are the two options.

given macron's approval ratings i wouldn't count on the nazi not winning next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Radish posted:

The WHC got their feelings hurt so bad by Wolfe that the aren't having a comedian at the next dinner.

I can’t believe Trump killed nerd prom.