Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I wish the BioShock collection wasn't a collection. I really want to play Bioshock 2 but fuuuuck paying a single dolla for Infinite, one of the worst shooters I've ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm delighted to watch this game get poo poo on cause I was particularly grossed out when it was announced at e3 this year and there was a huge push by Bethesda to preorder it as a time when iirc literally all they announced about it was its name. I can't remember if they had even talked about it being MP only before the preorder campaign.
The teaser didn't really show anything, but when it was fully announced at E3 they absolutely did mention it was MP focused, that was the whole pitch, and they had a whole documentary about the making of it that went out like two days after that. The contents of the game have never really been secret. Feel free to laugh at the game but this reason seems flimsy.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I think the last PS4 game I played was either Fallout 4 or MGSV. Should I buy RDR2 or is there something else I should play first?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Those are all really slow games. play Spider-Man

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

I think the last PS4 game I played was either Fallout 4 or MGSV. Should I buy RDR2 or is there something else I should play first?

SpiderMan

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

beep by grandpa posted:

I have a problem with this.

Knack is the Ultimate Invention, but Shadow the Hedgehog, as we all know, is the Ultimate Lifeform- but he was created in a lab- thus; invented. So...whomst is the Real Ultimate here??

Technically Knack isn't even an invention, the doctor found him in a cave and I guess just claimed he made him

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RareAcumen posted:

Mmhmm, yeah, as shown by him breaking 14 bones. No need for armor at alllll.

:eyepop: imagine if dark souls had this level of character creation. (my mind went dark souls because of that huge rear end sword, for some reason)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Akuma posted:

The teaser didn't really show anything, but when it was fully announced at E3 they absolutely did mention it was MP focused, that was the whole pitch, and they had a whole documentary about the making of it that went out like two days after that. The contents of the game have never really been secret. Feel free to laugh at the game but this reason seems flimsy.

they let some key facts like "will this have a single player campaign or story" go unspoken until well past when they started taking your money for the game tho

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Residency Evil posted:

Thwip through the skies with spider powers. Spider-Man is just such an excellent experience, brought down only by open-world-itis that, even so, it does well by doling out things to do and collect as the game progresses, rather than all at once.

Some people don't like the combat, but that's a matter of opinion - technically speaking, it's done well, and won't have you smash a civilian in the face accidentally unlike some games.

DLC part two is coming out tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it, I think the first time I've ever actually looked forward to DLC.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Technically Knack isn't even an invention, the doctor found him in a cave and I guess just claimed he made him

I don't know if this is true or not and am going to believe it because it's more funny that way. The Richard Gere rule.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just letting you guys know, Newegg has started their Black Friday deals and the psvr package is 199 on the site now. Dunno if it's email only or not though. Astro something and moss I think.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Confirmed: I'm a monster.

I beat (finally) TLoU and had no dad feels at all. I murdered everyone on sight and the ending fell flat on me. Joel is not a jerk imo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Amazon is also already doing the discount bundles for VR: $200 for AstroBot/Moss, $250 for SuperHot/Creed/ + Move Controllers.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
shopto have psvr+astro bundle for 179 quid and goddamn it's tempting.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Residency Evil posted:

RDR2 is the great game of this generation

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Residency Evil posted:

So much is on sale right now.

God of War is a steal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smuh posted:

Allright so I've nearly played through RDR2 and here's the real problem with the controls aside from being extremely sluggish:

They are ridiculously loving inconsistent. In a way that basic controls absolutely should never possibly be. In a way that makes me think someone somehow hosed up and glitched the entire control scheme somehow. Here's some examples!

-L2 is both 'look at someone for interaction' and 'aim gun'. Now, that would NOT be a huge problem, except sometimes Arthur pulls out his gun automatically for zero reason. I've had him pull out a gun the instant I get on a horse, as soon as I walk through a door in town, and after I get off the horse. In none of these cases did I press the unholster button nor R2, so if I didn't notice him pulling the gun, I might want to greet someone or whatever and that would result in instant bounty.
-Sometimes you have your gun out and L2 won't aim. Why? No loving idea, but in this case you have to press R2, the shoot button, to aim, after which you press the L2 button to keep aiming. What???
-You have to cock the hammer when you're shooting. There's no button for this, so... Most of the time the aim button makes Arthur pull the hammer, but that also makes you come out of cover so you're vulnerable because you wanted to be able to actually shoot when you pull the trigger. Also sometimes, you pull the hammer right after a shot. Can't figure out why.
-Sometimes your shots get queued. Sometimes not. So you get situations where you pull the trigger multiple times like you often do in shooters, and after firing once he fires the second shot - after cocking the hammer, which is like an entire second and a bullet wasted into a tree or something. And possibly you have to reload your gun which leaves you hosed if you thought to use your last bullet on something. Plus, sometimes getting your gun out and shooting at something takes so long that pressing R2 once does nothing, at which point you frantically press it multiple times and probably waste a shot.

So thanks to all these fun quirks and more I probably forgot, I play the game only in a kind of a gaming zen state now. No unnecessary button presses, always make sure you are either equipped or unequipped based on the situation and environment, and get out of cover to press the aim button to ready your gun for the next shot. All of which make the game even slower to play, even though in general you're already moving around like some kind of a slug mixed with a tank that is also blackout drunk.

Fun game tho, also Hitman 2 loving rules

I got really funny mad cause one time they swapped a circle input to a square and their button prompts are difficult to tell the difference between and i kept blowing this mission with no checkpoint and having to restart from the beginning.

Its like a total crapshoot which button will be used to interact with any given object its almost glorious in absurdity

L1/triangle/square ? Just mash them all!

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Does anyone know if the vr in the bundle is the version 1 or 2?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Guillermus posted:

Confirmed: I'm a monster.

I beat (finally) TLoU and had no dad feels at all. I murdered everyone on sight and the ending fell flat on me. Joel is not a jerk imo.

His decision making process is flawless both emotionally and rationally at the end, idk why people thought he was a jerk or whatever.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

plz dont pull out posted:

Does anyone know if the vr in the bundle is the version 1 or 2?

I think all of the black friday bundles should be version 2

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bought Nier. Another game for the pile. Too many good games. Not enough time.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

I bought Nier. Another game for the pile. Too many good games. Not enough time.

plenty of time, friend

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think all of the black friday bundles should be version 2

Really dang tempted at this point

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

its good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I opened my pro yesterday to look at the dust and despite way more noise than ever, it was clean inside. Getting the lid off was really hard though vs vids i saw online. My finger tips are still faintly hurting 18 hours later because i had to pull so hard on the corners. Anyway point is, when i put the lid back on and relaunched rdr to see if i broke anything, the fan ran at a different, less annoying pitch. :iiam: but maybe the lid was improperly seated on it to begin with?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Over There posted:

plenty of time, friend

Yeah. As stupid as it is, sometimes I wish I were unemployed and single, just so I could veg out and play games for a month or two.

But I'd rather be attached and employed. That way I can keep buying games that I don't play because I have better things to do.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I opened my pro yesterday to look at the dust and despite way more noise than ever, it was clean inside. Getting the lid off was really hard though vs vids i saw online. My finger tips are still faintly hurting 18 hours later because i had to pull so hard on the corners. Anyway point is, when i put the lid back on and relaunched rdr to see if i broke anything, the fan ran at a different, less annoying pitch. :iiam: but maybe the lid was improperly seated on it to begin with?

You have been rewarded for your devotion and blessed by the Spirit of PlayStation

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That Pro case is a real motherfucker to tear off, it feels like you’re gonna break the drat thing and the sharp edges cut at your fingertips. I also opened mine once to clean out the case and was almost disappointed to see there was no dust inside.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JBP posted:

His decision making process is flawless both emotionally and rationally at the end, idk why people thought he was a jerk or whatever.

lol funny joke

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you have a 70xx model Pro? I really think it's some sort of hardware design issue. My fan ran super loud from the moment I first booted it up and started God of War. I eventually traded it in for the newer 72xx that just released and I basically can't hear the fan on the new one at all playing RDR2, GoW, etc. Whatever they've done internally on the new ones worked.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. As stupid as it is, sometimes I wish I were unemployed and single, just so I could veg out and play games for a month or two.

But I'd rather be attached and employed. That way I can keep buying games that I don't play because I have better things to do.

I would look at it as a blessing in disguise. Because you, I, and everyone else on this forum has too many games to play, you can afford to be picky and really dedicate yourself to good stuff. There are any number of good enough games that I've discarded just because it wasn't going to be worth it for me to keep going. If I really get into a game, that means it's special.

I was never able to "finish" my backlog because there would always be more. More from PS+, more from bundles, more from old Nintendo games under my bed back home. Instead of trying to make my way through a queue, I found it more productive to ask what do I genuinely want to play right now?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

It's totally worth it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

qbert posted:

Do you have a 70xx model Pro? I really think it's some sort of hardware design issue. My fan ran super loud from the moment I first booted it up and started God of War. I eventually traded it in for the newer 72xx that just released and I basically can't hear the fan on the new one at all playing RDR2, GoW, etc. Whatever they've done internally on the new ones worked.

Yeah its launch.
Digital foundry tested them, its actually close to the same amount of noise, but launch models can have an intense high pitch whine and a much too fast/often transition between speeds that is very distracting.

Im interested in the new one but im gonna wait things out. Too much hassle vs wearing earphones.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arist posted:

lol funny joke

Saving your adopted kid, killing a bunch of delusional megalomaniacs and moving to a safe new home seems cool and good.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Akuma posted:

It's difficult to find a timeline of things now since it was so long ago, I just remember myself and others laughing at then shucking preorders before the e3 stage event where they actually explained what it was

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah its launch.
Digital foundry tested them, its actually close to the same amount of noise, but launch models can have an intense high pitch whine and a much too fast/often transition between speeds that is very distracting.

Im interested in the new one but im gonna wait things out. Too much hassle vs wearing earphones.

I saw the same test video, which made the difference seem minor, but just from my personal experience the difference is insanely huge. LIke the difference between a vaccum cleaner and a low hum. Not sure if it matters that decibels are measured on a logarithmic scale, so each 1 dB difference is an order of magnitude more/less than the previous value.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JBP posted:

Saving your adopted kid, killing a bunch of delusional megalomaniacs and moving to a safe new home seems cool and good.

If you think the ending is that simple why do you even like it?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

TLOU spoilers

To me, the ending only works if the Fireflies did actually have a legitimate shot at a cure and Joel ruined it. I don't remember what the lore says, although I know a lot of people have said the Fireflies were full of poo poo, which to me ruins the dramatic potential of the story. If they're completely incompetent, then there's absolutely no gray area. If there is a legitimate chance of a cure being developed, then you, the player – along with Ellie – do have room to question Joel's choice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Bethesda pushing the first post-launch patch for the totally-not-a-beta Fallout 76: it's 47 gigabutts.

LOL

Never buying a Bethesda game. That company is made of liquid poo poo from a hobo's rear end.

RareAcumen posted:

Mmhmm, yeah, as shown by him breaking 14 bones. No need for armor at alllll.

5 outta 5. MASTAPIECE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The last of us ending chat is the Bloodborne of this thread