Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

I mean Marx and Engels were basically trust fund babies

You can argue that Zelaya's leftward shift was cynical and purely political but coming from wealth doesn't exclude revolutionary tendencies. Che was born rich. Coup happened so we'll never know what Zelaya would have done if he had succeeded, unless he mounts a comeback like South/Central American exiled powers sometimes do.

What exactly do you mean by leftward tendencies because squinting at his wikipedia page he seems rather like an American liberal. The only thing on the page that sounds remotely "leftist" is associating with ALBA and being generally friendly with Venezuela and Cuba, the most superficial leftward tendencies I can possible conceive. I don't see any indication that he was interested in revolutionary changes to ownership of the means of production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jealous Cow posted:

Lock her up!

this is definitely happening:

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1064666642951622656

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Squalid posted:

lol, just looking over some of the sources on the wikipedia article, Zelaya's dad spent four years in prison during the eighties after a bunch of campesino's were mysteriously tortured and murdered on his property. He was pardoned by the junta then in power before he even got to trial.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Y...orcones&f=false

This guy sounds like a real hero of the people alright.

sins of the father. Lenin's parents were tsarists what's your point

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

FizFashizzle posted:

And of course Ivanka Trump was using her personal email account for government business.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1064663635404951552

Lock Her Up

<sorry, couldn't resist>

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Ague Proof posted:

Cops are Trumplovers, like the ones who went in to arrest Stormy Daniels under a false pretext.

https://twitter.com/TraderOfFutures/status/1064561295968616451
https://twitter.com/TraderOfFutures/status/1064610505837473792

I know this guy.

He's big in the Crypto-Currency crap.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

lol your position is that the complete absence of any evidence for a claim has no bearing on the likelihood of its veracity? Well go call the antivax folks, they'll be pleased to learn their worldview is validated!

Why stop there, if we don't need any evidence whatsoever, maybe Manning released a trapped genie from her SD card and commanded it to summon ISIS to punish the imperialists. I can't prove that didn't happen either!

Ah I misremembered thank you, the government wasn't barred from presenting that testimony, the government was shown to be lying about that testimony under cross-examination

There was no reason for the judge to exclude evidence because Manning (wisely) did not demand a jury trial.

Hey dumbshit the absence of evidence for a claim has no bearing on it's veracity if that claim is virtually unprovable by it's nature, this is basic poo poo here. By your dipshit standards here it's been proven the Russians didn't influence the election because we can't prove the specific votes that were changed by their actions, that that would be a lot easier to prove than what was the specific source of information used for a murder in the middle of a warzone by unidentified individuals we don't have access to.

People on that list were killed, we know that. My own loving good friend was brutally murdered along with his fiancee while his extended family was forced to watch just a few month after those leaks and for the rest of my life I'll never know if that gently caress Manning had anything to do with how they found him.

Also you're example isn't one of lying, his assertion was the individual was killed because of information in the leaks, he doesn't have to have been named in the leak for the leak to have led to his death but the Judge decided that wasn't strong enough of a claim. None of the information was thrown out like you originally claimed, the judge considered the danger he put innocent people in and the lengths to US had to go to to try to protect people put in danger by the leaks during the trial.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

sins of the father. Lenin's parents were tsarists what's your point

Are you loving kidding me dude. He's the scion of one of the wealthiest landowning familes of Honduras, he even ran the motherfucking "Honduran Council of Private Enterprise" before becoming president. There were swirling rumors of embezzlement around him for years. He's a prototypical caudillo.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Nate takes what he does really seriously and gets kinda salty about people making predictions they should have solid indication were poo poo predictions.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
IIRC, isn't Rasmussen is always wrong by about the same amount, which weirdly makes them a fairly reliable pollster once you adjust for it?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Look she only a CHILD. How can she be expected to keep up on such minor issues as email security?? poo poo, I can't even name the last time we heard anything about emails.

Also this story, like every loving story about these ghouls, came out weeks if not months ago. Hellworld is constant reruns.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1063831710025035779

Amazing :3:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Farchanter posted:

IIRC, isn't Rasmussen is always wrong by about the same amount, which weirdly makes them a fairly reliable pollster once you adjust for it?

Yeah their house effect is pretty constant but statisticians don't like huge unexplained systematic errors in their data that they need to blindly correct for.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
People saying that Republicans are going to react to Omar fighting the ban on hats by wearing ridiculously over-sized cowboy hats seem to be sadly overestimating Republicans, in my opinion. I figure they'll just start wearing white hoods, then claiming its racist if you point out any problems with it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Feinne posted:

Nate takes what he does really seriously and gets kinda salty about people making predictions they should have solid indication were poo poo predictions.

Nate is still super pissed that the enormous election prediction industry he created out of nothing in 2008 was "discredited" in 2016 by a ton of morons who don't understand statistics.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm just here to get in on posting BUT HER EMAILS / LOCK HER UP before a mod tells us to knock it off.

seriously though who gives a poo poo

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I think I love her.

Christ alive, those comments...what absolute racist fucks. They are blathering on about if someone wore a Christian hat the Left would lose their minds.

Also that...the first ammendment doesnt cover hijabs??? First I have heard that one lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FBS posted:

I'm just here to get in on posting BUT HER EMAILS / LOCK HER UP before a mod tells us to knock it off.

seriously though who gives a poo poo

Its basically just us mocking the media for letting them let Republicans set the tone of entire loving election on a non-issue. Also Ivanka having the gall to claim she didn't know she wasn't allowed to use her personal email for government business after that campaign

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

friendbot2000 posted:

I think I love her.

Christ alive, those comments...what absolute racist fucks. They are blathering on about if someone wore a Christian hat the Left would lose their minds.

Also that...the first ammendment doesnt cover hijabs??? First I have heard that one lol
I'm looking forward to the day when this ban gets dropped and a bunch of petulant Republicans walk into the House with ridiculous hats in protest "because it's my religion". Then when everyone laughs at them they'll try to puppetmaster defend themselves by saying it was only to own the libs, and then everyone will laugh harder.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

People saying that Republicans are going to react to Omar fighting the ban on hats by wearing ridiculously over-sized cowboy hats seem to be sadly overestimating Republicans, in my opinion. I figure they'll just start wearing white hoods, then claiming its racist if you point out any problems with it.

they are going to wear MAGA hats

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

they are going to wear MAGA hats

That would be giving up the game, wouldn't it?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

Who is saying this? As the only person in the world making comically large cowboy hats by hand and sourced by using only artisanal cowboys I’m ok with this being their “revenge”

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Stereotype posted:

Nate is still super pissed that the enormous election prediction industry he created out of nothing in 2008 was "discredited" in 2016 by a ton of morons who don't understand statistics.

Which would include us, considering all the people who nearly had heart attacks on November 6.

friendbot2000 posted:

I think I love her.

What the gently caress is a Christian hat?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

There's gonna be a buncha wailing and gnashing of teeth about tacky ten commandment slabs and bigot bakers because few things get the old white contingent off like religious bullshit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

friendbot2000 posted:

I think I love her.

You know, I've been feeling old lately so it was kind of nice to see a bunch of people arguing "when I was a kid we were taught to use the right silverware and keep your elbows off the table!"

I mean, I know there's a racist undercurrent to it but at least I was able to say "yeah, I'm not THAT old."

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

OK I'll bite. I like her a lot, this whole blue wave has been amazing. But a dress code is a dress code. Plus separation of church and state, I suspect they don't allow Jewish congressmen to wear yarmulkes either, so why should this be different?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Fulchrum posted:

Which would include us, considering all the people who nearly had heart attacks on November 6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitre ???

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Skyarb posted:

OK I'll bite. I like her a lot, this whole blue wave has been amazing. But a dress code is a dress code. Plus separation of church and state, I suspect they don't allow Jewish congressmen to wear yarmulkes either, so why should this be different?

Wow, you do bite.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fulchrum posted:

A poorly thought out argument.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Skyarb posted:

Who the gently caress cares what head coverings they wear in the chamber? It does not negatively affect the lives of any American, nor does it affect business getting done. She should be able to wear her head scarf, Jewish members should be able to wear yarmulkes if they desire, I don't know if there's any sort of traditional Christian head covering but that should be fine too. Hell, wear one of those little beanies with the propellers for all I care, who gives a poo poo?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Your Taint posted:

Who the gently caress cares what head coverings they wear in the chamber? It does not negatively affect the lives of any American, nor does it affect business getting done. She should be able to wear her head scarf, Jewish members should be able to wear yarmulkes if they desire, I don't know if there's any sort of traditional Christian head covering but that should be fine too. Hell, wear one of those little beanies with the propellers for all I care, who gives a poo poo?

Honestly, I think congress might be better if we forced everyone to wear those propeller hats

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Your Taint posted:

You're thinking of a Cornette.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Im buying this one. It matches my Supersoldier face bandana.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Skyarb posted:

Sometimes rules are loving stupid and should be turned over. Wasn't it just last year that the congressional dress code was under fire because DC had a horrible heat wave and women were being removed from the chamber over sleeveless dresses?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1064679820724973568

Dems pick up another seat

https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1064672664256565248

Also getting closer to another CA pickup

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fulchrum posted:

yeah, they exist, but its mostly habbits and bonnets for women. my girlfriend used to be mennonite and she wore a bonnet. she hated it.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

silicone thrills posted:

Sometimes rules are loving stupid and should be turned over. Wasn't it just last year that the congressional dress code was under fire because DC had a horrible heat wave and women were being removed from the chamber over sleeveless dresses?

OK that's fair. I think I was misreading the article and was assuming that the presumption was wanting to make religious exceptions as opposed to just getting rid of the dress code all together. I support the latter but do not support the former.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Does this affect pelosi math or no

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/reillyadam/status/1064673143112036352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008