Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

That bongo looks dope.

in a completely nonsexual way I mean this, they're sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
poo poo!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

in a completely nonsexual way I mean this, they're sexy

Didn't know the Vice President would be here tonight.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

Didn't know the Vice President would be here tonight.

With an emphasis on vice. :wink:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just pretend I linked the story that happened 3 or so weeks ago where the family pit bull nearly ate the toddler because it got agitated.

It happened up in the valley and I think the baby survived but I don’t feel like checking because it’s a hosed up story.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Euthanize all pitbulls. Euthanize all owners who do not give theirs up willingly.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Euthanize all pitbulls. Euthanize all owners who do not give theirs up willingly.

But mah pitties!! 😭

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Palemdromes posted:

But mah pitties!! 😭

I pitty the fool...

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Did anyone post the girl who was getting abused by her manager and possibly dad? Because that one is bittersweet as hell

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

b-b-b-but they are ~so cute~ and ~so sweet~

traits which are definitely not shared by any other dogs that would be less likely to send someone to the hospital/morgue

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

I know this is dangerously low-T by thread standards but I actually don’t think the dogs should be murdered.

An animal that harms a child to such an extent the child requires major cranial surgery is an animal that shouldn’t live.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Guys my Maremma Sheepdog is coming soon and I can't wait. Any suggestions?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

quote:

Hi I’m a 16 year old female from Maine and I work at a grocery store. My manager is an adult male probably around 35 or 40. He’s always acted kind of sexual towards me ever since I started working here about 8 months ago. His wife works as a manager in a different dept and she has also been kind of sexual towards me too. My manager constantly makes sexual comments about my boobs and butt and stuff, after he first started doing this he asked if it was ok for him to say stuff like that to me and I said it was fine, I don’t know why I said it was ok but I guess I just like the attention sometimes. He also asks me a lot of sexual questions like if I’m a virgin or how much I masterbate and stuff and I’ve answered some of his questions before and he’s also asked me if it’s ok for him to say those things and I said yes also. He sometimes talks about his sex life and he tells me probably at least once a week that he’s about to go jerk off in his office and that I can come watch if I want. I never went to go watch him but he still tells me about it a lot.
The worst thing that has happened is that earlier this week I was really sick with an ocular migraine which is something I have been dealing with for a long time. I’ve called out three times because of it which is the most I can call out in 6 months before I’m fired. I came into work with a migraine and I felt like I was going to puke and I really didn’t want to puke at work so I asked if I could leave early. He said I’d get fired if I left because I have use all my sick days, he said he didn’t want to fire me but it wouldn’t be up to him. I was only trying to leave 2 hours early which I later found out wouldn’t have been used against me because according to the employee handbook it’s only held against me if I miss more than half a shift. Anyway he said he’d let me leave early without repercussions if I showed him my boobs. I didn’t really want to but he promised he wouldn’t tell anybody and I really wanted to leave so I did it. Today at work he asked for my Snapchat and I lied and told him I didn’t have one. He somehow knew I was lying and got kind of angry. He said he thought we were friends and that he has my coworkers on Snapchat. I told him that my friends are all my age and he looked really angry and told me that he had covered my rear end so many times and I would be fired if it wasn’t for him. I don’t know if that’s true. He told me that I was going to get fired for leaving early the other day even though he said it was fine once I showed him my boobs. He said he could get me fired for my attendance and if I tried to report him for the sexual stuff that he would tell corporate that I tried to seduce him in order to get more time off which isn’t true. He said I would go to jail for prostitution and bribeing. He also said he’d tell everybody at work that I showed him my boobs if I tried to report him. He said that all the sexual stuff he said doesn’t count because I told him it was ok. He told me to go home and that he’d send my last check so I’m assuming I’m fired even though he never said so. I don’t know what to do. I can’t tell my dad because I’m afraid he will get mad that I showed my boobs. I know he will be extremely mad if I tell him the truth and he might get physical or isolate me from everybody else in my life like he had done before when I’ve done something really bad.
My questions are will I actually get in trouble for this? Did he do anything illegal and should I report him to the police? There are probably more questions I should be asking but I just can’t think straight, I’ve been crying all day. Thank you

quote:

Hi I'm responding to this comment just because it's the highest one. i just wanted to say that i feel really bad that i made everybody think my dad is abusive because i really don't think he is. all i meant to say is that i'm afraid to tell him because he will be angry and disappointed with me, not because i think he will hurt me. i'm also afraid that he will probably not know what to do and will just try to fight my manager which won't solve anything. i know he will be disappointed because i once got suspended from school for flashing my boobs when i was a freshman and i only did it because i wanted attention and i think he's going to assume that's the case here too. i'm going to tell him about it after i report it to the police after school today so he knows that it's serious and i'm not lying or being irresponsible and i just hope he's not gonna try to fix things himself. also i called my store manager not my manager that was giving me problems and he told me that i was already taken off the schedule and not to come back ever. he sounded really angry on the phone and i don't know what my manager told him happened but either way i'm fired already.

quote:

I went to the police station after school to file a report against my manager, I asked for a female officer but i guess there weren't any on duty so I spoke with a male officer who was really nice and he seemed to want to help me a lot. I don't know if this matters but he looked like he was about 21 years old so i think he must have been a new cop. I told him what happened and we looked over my employee manual and it seems like i actually did violate a lot of company policies about attendance and stuff and so the cop says i was probably fired legally and i shouldn't waste my time trying to sue him for being fired. He also said since i consented to the sexual questions and stuff and to showing my boobs that the courts or whoever might find that it was consensual because the age of consent in Maine is 16 and i have been 16 for as long as i've worked there, but i can argue that it wasn't consensual after the first time because he only asked once. and it doesn't help that there's no evidence since there aren't any cameras in his office. He told me though that my manager can definitely get in trouble for abusing his power over me and for giving me an ultimatum that i had to show him my boobs or else i would be fired. i forget what he said this was called and i'm sorry if i'm not using the right termonology but he said he could go to jail for it and that i have a good case against him. The cop also said if i make a complaint to corporate that he will definitely get fired even before there's any legal action so i'm going to do that too. He told me to expect him to try to settle out of court and i guess i don't really know what this means but the cop said it would save my dad a lot of money in legal expenses but i don't have to do it. He told me my dad could decide that. He also gave me some resources for sexual assault victims and he suggested a counselor in town but i think it would be way too expensive.
After i went to the police station i went home and i told my dad everything. He wasn't mad at me but he was really mad at my manager. Apparently they went to high school together and they kind of know each other already, i didn't know this before. I had to beg him not to go fight him because he's my only parent or guardian or whatever and if he goes to jail i don't know what will happen to me. He was kind of angry with me for showing my boobs to my manager but he eventually told me it's not my fault like everybody on here was saying and he was mostly only angry at me for talking to the cops without him because he said i might accidentally cause more problems for myself but i think it's ok now. He wasn't that angry though and he didn't hit me or yell at me or anything like i was trying to say earlier that he wouldn't. Also I know i already said this a hundred times here but my dad isn't abusive to me and i'm sorry that i made it seem like he is. I told him about this subreddit and he said i shouldn't tell people online personal info about myself but he was impressed with all of the positive messages i got. There were a few people who DMd me asking me to flash them my boobs though and my dad told me to stop responding to messages here because of that but i'm probably still going to respond to the nice ones anyway. i'm not going to show my boobs to anybody on here for the record, i know that's illegal and you all don't have to tell me.
I'm not really sure what my next steps are, a lot of what the cop said went over my head but he suggested that i come back with my dad and talk to them again just to be safe and so my dad can figure out all the stuff i didn't understand. I will keep updating when new things keep happening and also thank you to everybody who sent nice messages, it helped my anxiety a lot.
Oh and i almost forgot to mention that it sounds like my manager at work told one of my coworkers about what happened because people at school already knew about it. Two different people from work that i go to school with asked me about it and the stuff they asked me about sounded like things my manager made up to make me look bad. One guy from work said that he heard i was fired because i flashed my boobs to my manager to try to seduce him so i can get more money per hour. I forgot to put this in the police report but i will when i go back next time.

Dad turns out to be actually kinda okay. This poo poo had me tearing up a bit honestly. OP comes off as so genuine and misinformed about blaming herself. Like goddamn.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Palemdromes posted:

Did anyone post the girl who was getting abused by her manager and possibly dad? Because that one is bittersweet as hell

No. Because it's just sad and bad

e: welp nevermind

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

therobit posted:

She has recovered from sexual assault and yet he apparently cannot recover from her having the strength to move on and learn to protect herself. What a bitchmade little wussy boi.

He sees the strength in her and realizes that all workers have this strength within himself, and it justifiably scares him, an unapologetic capitalist

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

QuarkJets posted:

No. Because it's just sad and bad

e: welp nevermind

The sub gives good advice and for once gives realistic cop advice and the dad turns out to be just an idiot instead of an evil abuser so on the whole it’s a feel good story of the year imo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao the poo poo I would pick up off the ground and bring home as a kid

One time I picked up a decapitated mole's head* because I thought it was a pine cone with all the seeds missing. My mom went "oh my god" and when I realized exactly what it was I was holding I threw it and washed my hands for like 20 minutes.

* our dog killed a lot of moles at the time

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Doc Hawkins posted:

An infant weak enough to be defeated by a dog would only have brought dishonor to your family had it lived

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Beachcomber posted:

Oh cool how many sheep do you have?

None? not even a property?

Guess you're an idiot for life than you loving imbecile, moron fucker.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Motherfucker posted:

Oh cool how many sheep do you have?

None? not even a property?

Guess you're an idiot for life than you loving imbecile, moron fucker.

I live in a house in the city with a little backyard for it to play in when me and my two small children aren't home.

I've always wanted to own a rare breed like this.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Beachcomber posted:

I live in a house in the city with a little backyard for it to play in when me and my two small children aren't home.

I'm gonna beat the crap out of you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Palemdromes posted:

Dad turns out to be actually kinda okay. This poo poo had me tearing up a bit honestly. OP comes off as so genuine and misinformed about blaming herself. Like goddamn.

I'm glad things went about as well as you could hope for but I really wonder exactly how op thought anyone would interpret "I know he will be extremely mad if I tell him the truth and he might get physical or isolate me from everybody else in my life like he had done before when I’ve done something really bad.", I mean given an extremely generous reading you might guess the physical thing would be over confronting the person who wronged her and not at her but there really isn't any sort of possible misunderstanding over the second half of the sentence. It'd be difficult to come up with wording that conveyed "my dad is abusive and will punish me for this" harder than the op did for somehow not intending to say that.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 20, 2018

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm glad things went about as well as you could hope for but I really wonder exactly how op thought anyone would interpret "I know he will be extremely mad if I tell him the truth and he might get physical or isolate me from everybody else in my life like he had done before when I’ve done something really bad.", I mean given an extremely generous reading you might guess the physical thing would be over confronting the person who wronged her and not at her but there really isn't any sort of possible misunderstanding over the second half of the sentence. It'd be difficult to come up with wording that conveyed "my dad is abusive and will punish me for this" harder than the op did for somehow not intending to say that.

She was probably just talking about getting grounded in a daft way.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
She was talking about how he flipped when he found out she flashed her classmates, so maybe he did the whole "you're never speaking to those kids ever again" to get rid of bad influences thing? I dunno

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Straight White Shark posted:

I [23 f] got really drunk and said some stuff that shocked my boyfriend. [30m]

tfw you realize the younger woman you were hoping to control can and will take your loving head off

These stories where the boyfriends are frightened of their girlfriends is simultaneously sad and hilarious.

"my life loving sucks my girlfriend is a badass how can this get any wooooooorse"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

where do you live I'm gonna throw trash at you.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Beachcomber posted:

Feed it a well-marbled 8 month old

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

URGENT! Neighbors dog locked in car with freezing conditions for FOUR DAYS now. No food, water. Cops won't respond to any of our complaints. PLEASE HELP.

North Carolina. We have no idea what to do. We've called animal control, the police, and we've told our apartment complex front office. Front office said others have made complaints to the cops but they haven't responded to any of the calls.

​UPDATE: Apparently they sent an animal control officer out this morning but they could not do anything since the animal did not appear to be in distress. My roommate called again about 30 minutes ago and they're sending another animal control officer out since it's been 12 hours since the dog has been checked. Talked to our front office and they said the maintenance people have been feeding the dog. We just contacted the police again and told them we believe the car is suspicious and the owner might be in trouble since it does appear as if he just dumped his car in our complex with all of his belongings in the bed of the truck covered with a tarp. They said they're sending an officer out now.

FINAL UPDATE (and a bittersweet ending): Animal control and the police came. Turns out the guy who owns the car has fallen on hard times and is staying on the couch of a friend who lives in my complex. The friend doesn't want the dog living in the house so he keeps her in his car. He feeds her and gives her water and heats the car up at night so she stays warm. I was heartbroken hearing him talk about how he would do anything to not give his dog up. My roommates and I have offered to house the sweet girl until he finds a place to stay. Thank you everyone for the advice!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jobson groeth posted:

She was probably just talking about getting grounded in a daft way.

"Get physical" could mean she was a kid who was spanked, I guess. He didn't do anything objectionable after, but I guess we'll never know.

At least the creepy poo poo's getting some blowback for his bullshit.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hilarious, coming from human garbage like you.

gently caress off.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want a dog as ugly and horrific as Pitbulls/bulldogs etc

They're ugly and often vicious and inbred. If you want a murder dog at least get one that isn't disgusting like an Alsatian or something

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I(30f) am dating my father's(49m) friend(44m) and former coworker. After a year of secrecy, we want to "come out", especially as we will all be at Thanksgiving together. Is there any good way to do this?

As a teenager, my mom remarried a guy who didn't like having me around, so I suddenly found myself living with my dad. My dad was a musician and still trying to make his band happen, so I spent a lot of time sleeping in moving vehicles and in the backs of bars. It was a little unconventional, but it's really how I got to know my dad, who before was honestly not a big part of my life. I also got to know his band, including Neil (all names changed).

I would like to be very clear that nothing romantic happened during those years, other than me falling head of heels for him while he kept very firm boundaries. Including shoving 16 year old me literally out of his bed. When I turned 18, I declared my love for Neil who turned me down- saying I was too young, my dad would never forgive him, and all that. He said he might be willing to date me in a decade, but until I was a lot older and it was always be inappropriate and seedy. I told him it was a date.

A little more than a decade later, one divorce and a kid for me, one rehab and career change for him, and we fell together. It took one diner meal of hashbrowns for me to know that he was still the big deal of my life and that I'd spent a lot of time apart from him when I should have been with him. We've been together for almost a year.

Neil wants me and my son to move in, I look at the three of us together and it feels right to me, very right. The only struggle is telling my dad. There have been a lot of small lies over this year, that I feel guilty about, but I also know it's time to stop living my life based on others wants. We'll all be at Thanksgiving at his place and I would like to be their honestly. I think that my dad will be fairly tolerant but Neil is adamant that my dad won't approve and thinks we should do it separately to not ruin the holiday.

tl;dr I(30f) am dating my father's(49m) friend(44m) and former coworker. After a year of secrecy, we want to "come out", especially as we will all be at Thanksgiving together. Is there any good way to do this?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I mean this has got to be a troll post, no one is this dense, but anyway

My [28M] relationship with my fiancée [27F] is in jeopardy over her snake

quote:

u/whatswiththesnakes
Hi Reddit. Throwaway account because my fiancée knows my main account.

My fiancée keeps several different reptiles and amphibians. I knew this going into the relationship. She had 2 snakes, 3 different kinds of geckos, and a frog. She is very passionate about her reptiles and treats them like you would treat dogs or cats. She will affectionately talk to them, looks forward to holding them/feeding them/interacting with them, etc.

I have never understood how she loves these animals so much. In my eyes, reptiles are very simple-minded animals driven by instinct. They cannot feel love or recognize their owners like dogs and cats can. I don’t know how you can form a bond or feel love for something that couldn’t care less about you. However I didn’t mind her keeping them and I was indifferent about them. She isn’t obsessed with them to the point where it’s off-putting or a problem, she just treats them like you would treat a dog or cat.

Anyways, we have been together for 8 years. She has a favorite snake that she would affectionately refer to as her baby; she has had this snake since she was 17 years old. She raised this snake from a baby and was very attached to it.

This snake recently died a few days ago of old age. She was extremely upset to the point where she took a day off work and cried over it. She has been upset since the snake died and it is bizarre to me and, frankly, is very annoying. She got upset because she felt that I was being insensitive to her grieving. We ended up having a conversation along the lines of this:

Me: I don’t understand why you are so upset over your snake. I think you’re being a little dramatic.

Her: That’s really mean of you to say. I understand that you don’t understand why I love my reptiles the way I do but he was my pet and I loved him. I felt the same way about him as you would about a dog or cat. I feel like you aren’t being very supportive of me right now.

Me: It just really doesn’t make any sense to me, sorry. It’s hard for me to sympathize with you.

She has since told me that she is reconsidering her relationship with me... over a loving snake! I am so confused Reddit. Please give me some advice on handling this situation. I just do not understand this at all.

TL;DR Fiancée and I have different views about her pet reptiles. She is now upset with me and our relationship is in jeopardy over it. Help?

Hope Snake woman sheds that relationship.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Snake probably showed her more affection than he does.

As far as I can tell even snakes are capable of 'I love you, giant mobile heat rock'.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
gently caress, I don't have sheep or a farm or live on a mountain, but I have a Great Pyrenees and a house in the 'burbs. Am I legally required to kill myself now? What do

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

beep boop what is empathy this pet snake has only 15 love points whereas any pet dog or cat is worth over 300 love points. you may only grieve for 24.6 minutes over this snake

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWTITUgDcmU

Reptiles are smarter than that loving guy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Whorelord posted:

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want a dog as ugly and horrific as Pitbulls/bulldogs etc

They're ugly and often vicious and inbred. If you want a murder dog at least get one that isn't disgusting like an Alsatian or something

Pitbulls aren't exactly good pets, but I don't get hating on ugly dogs. My grandpa got a bull terrier for Christmas one year, and he gave it up within months because that is no dog for a retiree to have, but all the grandkids loved its hideous little rat face and it took us years to understand why he didn't keep it.

Milotic posted:

I look forward to this fellow's future dating prospects, particularly the day he realizes the reason he will never have a shot with any woman who isn't capable of loving reptiles.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

URGENT! Neighbors dog locked in car with freezing conditions for FOUR DAYS now. No food, water. Cops won't respond to any of our complaints. PLEASE HELP.

North Carolina. We have no idea what to do. We've called animal control, the police, and we've told our apartment complex front office. Front office said others have made complaints to the cops but they haven't responded to any of the calls.

​UPDATE: Apparently they sent an animal control officer out this morning but they could not do anything since the animal did not appear to be in distress. My roommate called again about 30 minutes ago and they're sending another animal control officer out since it's been 12 hours since the dog has been checked. Talked to our front office and they said the maintenance people have been feeding the dog. We just contacted the police again and told them we believe the car is suspicious and the owner might be in trouble since it does appear as if he just dumped his car in our complex with all of his belongings in the bed of the truck covered with a tarp. They said they're sending an officer out now.

FINAL UPDATE (and a bittersweet ending): Animal control and the police came. Turns out the guy who owns the car has fallen on hard times and is staying on the couch of a friend who lives in my complex. The friend doesn't want the dog living in the house so he keeps her in his car. He feeds her and gives her water and heats the car up at night so she stays warm. I was heartbroken hearing him talk about how he would do anything to not give his dog up. My roommates and I have offered to house the sweet girl until he finds a place to stay. Thank you everyone for the advice!

And now that you've pestered the cops and the apartment management he'll probably get kicked out and then later arrested, and the dog will get sent to the pound and euthanized. Good job, ninny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Milotic posted:

quote:

She raised this snake from a baby and was very attached to it.

This snake recently died a few days ago of old age. She was extremely upset to the point where she took a day off work and cried over it. She has been upset since the snake died and it is bizarre to me and, frankly, is very annoying.

seriously what a god damned jackass. i can't wait until she severs