Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Elves are like leprechauns but when you catch an elf instead of a pot of gold you get an arrow in your eye socket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

caligulamprey posted:

The idea of Tim Burton doing anything in the present bothers me so much i'ma drop the trailer for the new Leprechaun movie here as a palate cleanser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLo5dq_hMY

Also: I was absolutely on the "Who loving wants a Warwick Davis-less Leprechaun movie?" train but it looks like they put a surprising amount of effort (which is a dangerously low bar anyway) into this one.

This looks loving hilarious, I'm on board.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well at least they didn't make the Leprechaun a Nazi

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"I am sorta an animal"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

caligulamprey posted:

The idea of Tim Burton doing anything in the present bothers me so much i'ma drop the trailer for the new Leprechaun movie here as a palate cleanser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLo5dq_hMY

Also: I was absolutely on the "Who loving wants a Warwick Davis-less Leprechaun movie?" train but it looks like they put a surprising amount of effort (which is a dangerously low bar anyway) into this one.

Nobody in this can act except for Francis.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No Warwick Davis = No Watchthis, Davis.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcj6SrX4zw

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OK. I'm down, now.

Also, it looks like it's in vibrant Adventure Color, as opposed to Grimdark Gray that most of the other DC movies have.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I can already see the Forbes contributing editor thinkpieces about how Aquaman is a case for radical centrism in the era of Trump.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I can already see the Forbes contributing editor thinkpieces about how Aquaman is a case for radical centrism in the era of Trump.

It’ll be hard to beat the Onion review of Winnie the Pooh’s last movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Proteus Jones posted:

OK. I'm down, now.

Also, it looks like it's in vibrant Adventure Color, as opposed to Grimdark Gray that most of the other DC movies have.

Don't be this person.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i can't even tell if alita or dumbo has the more terrifying eyes

I'd pay to see Dumbo: Battle Elephant, the others... not so much.

Vintersorg posted:

Don't be this person.

What's wrong with that? Am I missing some context here? Kind of aligns with my own thoughts about a trailer of a film I am very surprised to find myself interested in seeing.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 19, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a tired and cliche line about all DC movies being grimdark hellscapes.

Similar to the dumb poo poo line, "What is Man of Steel was in COLOUR!!?"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Agreed, their bloated lifelessness more resembles a beached whale. And they stink like one too!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All right kids, everyone off the computer. It’s a school night!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Don't be this person.

lol

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

New Once Upon a Deadpool trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf03KXyzIg

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vintersorg posted:

It's a tired and cliche line about all DC movies being grimdark hellscapes.

Similar to the dumb poo poo line, "What is Man of Steel was in COLOUR!!?"

Hes not wrong though.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

So they tone down Deadpool 2 and re-release it just before Christmas? That is brilliant.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jet sanchEz posted:

So they tone down Deadpool 2 and re-release it just before Christmas? That is brilliant.

I hope they’re actually framing it like the Princess Bride and it’s just not trailer-schtick

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's in the movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They're going to make so much money.

It looks like there's additional scenes? I don't remember him talking to old people on a bench.

I'm there.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have a feeling Deadpool 2 PG-13 is gonna be kind of a trainwreck regardless of how funny the added stuff is.

Like, I don't know how many of y'all have seen DP2, but that's not gonna be an easy movie to edit for a lower rating. I imagine the Princess Bride framing is there because there's several entire scenes that are gonna have to be cut (cough X-Force cough) and the only way to keep the movie coherent is "have Deadpool just explain what happened to Fred Savage, maybe using action figures, R-rated Terror Firmer style."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have a feeling Deadpool 2 PG-13 is gonna be kind of a trainwreck regardless of how funny the added stuff is.

Like, I don't know how many of y'all have seen DP2, but that's not gonna be an easy movie to edit for a lower rating. I imagine the Princess Bride framing is there because there's several entire scenes that are gonna have to be cut (cough X-Force cough) and the only way to keep the movie coherent is "have Deadpool just explain what happened to Fred Savage, maybe using action figures, R-rated Terror Firmer style."

Reynolds and crew have built up a lot of credit with me over these last couple of years. I'll take the risk.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm glad this is finally out in the world so I can talk about how not-weird Fred Savage has aged which is so rare for a child acting star.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

kiimo posted:

I'm glad this is finally out in the world so I can talk about how not-weird Fred Savage has aged which is so rare for a child acting star.
Somewhere off in the distance Jonathan Lipnicki's pumping hella iron, sobbing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksYkEzUa7k

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Somewhere off in the distance Jonathan Lipnicki's pumping hella iron, sobbing.

They have to make another movie involving hobbits eventually.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

They have to make another movie involving hobbits eventually.

I know Jonathan Lipnicki is heavily into MMA now. So how about, it's the Fourth Age of Middle Earth and illegal underground cage fighting has come to the Shire for a premise?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know Jonathan Lipnicki is heavily into MMA now. So how about, it's the Fourth Age of Middle Earth and illegal underground cage fighting has come to the Shire for a premise?

The Hobbit Holds: An Unexpected Submission

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I call this hold "Second Breakfast".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Get Guy Ritchie to direct and I'm sold.

How about a new movie about Keanu Reeves and his unending struggle with AI?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJEOpsVWtA

Also remember The Secret Life of Pets? That movie made a lot of money. So here is a sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYFAqJFYdE

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Get Guy Ritchie to direct and I'm sold.

It's odd that Ritchie never put much of the way of martial arts in his movies when a) he always had Statham, an experienced martial artist, as his go-to guy; and b) Ritchie himself is an avid martial artist who likes going to BJJ gyms or karate clubs (he has black belts in both) wherever he's filming and having a bit of a spar. Sure, Snatch is partly about unlicensed boxing, but I don't think he put a gratuitous martial arts scene in until he got RDJ doing his wing chun stuff in the Sherlock Holmes movies.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kiimo posted:

I’m sure he has a painting in the attic or something covered in a drop cloth.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Wheat Loaf posted:

which is the weirder post-child-stardom interest:

Jonathan Lipnicki loving MMA
or
Frankie Muniz becoming a racecar driver

Actually when I googled Muniz to refresh my memory about his racing I learned a bunch of bummer facts about his life. Apparently his cat just ruined his house by turning on a faucet while he was away in France for his uncle's funeral, he has a bunch of memory loss because of "transient ischemic attacks", and met Dale Earnhardt literally right before the race that killed him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Don't forget Jake Lloyd having like 10,000 hours on Steam.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Dennis Quaid is The Intruder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKXvex7b1Ew

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Reynolds and crew have built up a lot of credit with me
Don't be this person.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that's weird Randy seems more like the breaking and entering type to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Don't be this person.

Why?

So you’re saying if someone has produced a bunch of things I enjoy, I should still approach their work as being poo poo? Man, that sounds like a terrible way to go through life.