Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/FreeTrendy_/status/1064597991212965889?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Romaine calm, Caesar has fallen, lettuce pray.

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1064976806401454080?s=19

E.coli is back and the CDC isn't loving around like back in April.

So, if your family tries to give you romaine lettuce this Thanksgiving, ask them why they want to kill you.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

Romaine calm, Caesar has fallen, lettuce pray.

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1064976806401454080?s=19

E.coli is back and the CDC isn't loving around like back in April.

So, if your family tries to give you romaine lettuce this Thanksgiving, ask them why they want to kill you.

Feed your family romaine lettuce, poo poo yourself to death to own the libs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

YAASSSS QWEEN 💅

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dude you could post just about anything Palin had said in public as a response.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/harryslaststand/status/1064917934173081600?s=21

:ohdear:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

YAASSSS QWEEN 💅

You missed the best part she posted right after
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1064989728922046467

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wierd Twitter is gonna be the left's answer to Lockerroom Talk. If the right covers for their man saying pussygrabber Imma cover AOC for whatever.

I'm just happy the left is finally fielding somebody who is willing to clap back. I get tired hearing about the high road and respectability politics when all I wanna see is social media beef advocating Medicare4All.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey so our new AG got more then $1 million from some shadowy non-profit group for doing nothing more then bashing the Clinton's.

quote:

In the three years after he arrived in Washington in 2014, Matthew G. Whitaker received more than $1.2 million as the leader of a charity that reported having no other employees, some of the best pay of his career.

The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust described itself as a new watchdog nonprofit dedicated to exposing unethical conduct by public officials. For Whitaker, it became a lucrative steppingstone in a swift rise from a modest law practice in Iowa to the nation’s top law enforcement job. As FACT’s president, he regularly appeared on radio and television, often to skewer liberals.

But FACT’s origins and the source of funding used to pay Whitaker — now the acting attorney general — remain obscured. An examination of state and federal records, and interviews with those involved, show that the group is part of a national network of nonprofits that often work in concert to amplify conservative messages.

Contrary to its claims in news releases and a tax filing, the group was created under a different name two years before Whitaker’s arrival, according to incorporation and IRS records. At least two of the organizers were involved in another conservative charity using the same address.

In its application to the IRS for status as a tax-exempt organization, the organizers reported that the group would study the impact of environmental regulations on businesses, records show. In that incarnation, the group took no action and “only existed on paper,” one man named in IRS filings as a board member told The Washington Post. Another named in a state filing as a board member said he never agreed to be on the board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.2e0acd00ce2b

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
getting paid to trigger the libs by getting paid to trigger the libs

[inception horn]

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yo gently caress liebermann forever

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Trump submitted his written answers

:getin:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Did the questions frequently mention his name so that he would actually read them?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOP/status/1064568870613200896

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Syrian Lannister posted:

He only answered some questions

Also apparently he tried to get the justice department to LOCK HER UP and go after comey as well

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Worth noting.

Donald was a showman before becoming a demagogue and comes from a long line of criminals.

Make u think

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the clinton shortlist thing is false btw

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He only answered some questions

Also apparently he tried to get the justice department to LOCK HER UP and go after comey as well

How does only answering some questions work? Completely ignoring, again, the hypocrisy of it all would partial answers come down to "OK, here's your subpoena"? I can't imagine any other response that doesn't devolve into "Yeah we're totes cool with oligarchic overlords ignoring the law, the gently caress you gonna do about it?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh those are good (and depressing) books.

I didn’t think they were depressing in the end. They end on a pretty high note even though the road there was rough.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 20, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fallom posted:

I didn’t think they were depressing in the end. They end on a pretty high note even though the road there was rough.

Ehh I don’t know if I would call 99% of the human race getting killed off because the solar system got 2-dimensioned and the survivors hiding in shadows and then the book ending with folks begging for other folks to come out of their pocket dimensions so the universe can end via Big Crunch and maybe next time things won’t be so lovely next time a high note.

Not to mention the whole dark forest solution to the Fermi Paradox is inherently pessimistic.

I get what you’re saying and they’re excellent books, I just walked away after reading them with a profound sense of sadness.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ehh I don’t know if I would call 99% of the human race getting killed off because the solar system got 2-dimensioned and the survivors hiding in shadows and then the book ending with folks begging for other folks to come out of their pocket dimensions so the universe can end via Big Crunch and maybe next time things won’t be so lovely next time a high note.

Not to mention the whole dark forest solution to the Fermi Paradox is inherently pessimistic.

I get what you’re saying and they’re excellent books, I just walked away after reading them with a profound sense of sadness.

Part of the ending has the survivors in the pocket dimension discovering that the offshoots of human and trisolaran civilization that fled their respective systems had survived and thrived enough to make the list of ~1.5M notable civilizations out of the entire universe. While it's uncertain whether all the different races in the pocket dimensions will give up their mass to avoid the Big Rip, the characters remain hopeful that only some would hold out. An earlier part of the book describes how the galaxy actually has thriving communities, trade, ideologies, etc. and isn't just roving predators and cowering prey.

The last book really does a lot to bring the story back from a depression fest, imo. "In the eternal night of the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, two civilizations had swept through like two shooting stars, and the universe had remembered their light."

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 21, 2018

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1065000015263866880?s=21

:lol: this is entirely normal do not be alarmed

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
What about Ivanka’s emails

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i use my personal email address for work sometimes

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

GET HIM

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm telling y'all so you can get over it somewhat quickly.

Nancy Pelosi will be the next Speaker of the House. The challenge to her is coming from the right-side of the Democratic Caucus and they only had a really weak challenger in Marcia Fudge. Pelosi dropped some oppo on Fudge (Fudge vouched for a former lawmaker/judge and he then murdered his wife), got her to relent, then offered Fudge her own subcommittee. Fudge now threw her support to Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi is garbage on microphones. She's an absolute master of Congressional politics. Can't beat a master with absolutely nothing.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1065021745080516608

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Oh no the enemy may learn of our ferry classified ship movements?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Nancy Pelosi will be the next Speaker of the House. The challenge to her is coming from the right-side of the Democratic Caucus and they only had a really weak challenger in Marcia Fudge. Pelosi dropped some oppo on Fudge (Fudge vouched for a former lawmaker/judge and he then murdered his wife), got her to relent, then offered Fudge her own subcommittee. Fudge now threw her support to Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi is garbage on microphones. She's an absolute master of Congressional politics. Can't beat a master with absolutely nothing.

That poo poo is probably why someone like Pelosi ought to be speaker or at least majority whip, if folks are refusing to primary her. Given how CA's primaries work it's kind of a zero risk thing unless somehow they get a GOPper in the district who isn't a writeoff.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Also worth pointing out, at least one of the Dems that were challenging her, did not get a very warm reception at his own town hall the other night/.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rep-seth-moulton-opposing-nancy-pelosi_us_5bf37a6ee4b0376c9e681223

Pelosi is garbage for a lot of reasons but she's a very effective speaker and the best option we have right now. I wish there were better options, but "you go to the army you have not the one you want" etc etc.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They're going to get the House back in 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They're going to get the House back in 2020

I'd agree with you, but Trump's on the ballot.

A solid source here (in a thread) sort of describes why I'm not so pessimistic about Nancy Pelosi. Also, Obama really didn't give a poo poo, at all, about midterms.

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/1065029149591511042

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hmm yes another GOP guy praising Pelosi for getting Romneycare through and then get obliterated in the mid terms because people rightfully wanted bankers head on a pike but the Democrats were honor bound to protect them.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

People keep saying Pelosi's an effective speaker, but like, what did she even get done? The most charitable answer is Obamacare but by the time it passed it was just a vigorous handjob for insurance companies rather than an effective healthcare bill.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Internet Wizard posted:

People keep saying Pelosi's an effective speaker, but like, what did she even get done? The most charitable answer is Obamacare but by the time it passed it was just a vigorous handjob for insurance companies rather than an effective healthcare bill.

This is the concern trolling of someone who doesn't know anything, actively avoids looking it up, and unless someone does their homework for them, they'll just assume that Pelosi didn't get poo poo done.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/1064996356153057282?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

They got those Bush tax cuts made permanent!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving hell shots fired

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Pelosi needs to go because she is a millionaire, and has a large group of constituents who are the same, and therefore does not represent the needs of the majority of Americans. Eat the rich, guillotines, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

loving hell shots fired

Yeah no doubt. That was awesome