Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

karma_coma posted:

What’s the downside?
Running out of monsters to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is there a guide for key items I should be looking for and where to get them?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

onesixtwo posted:

You are gambling with Kadala because each purchase is for a random magic, rare, set, or legendary. But will probably be the same garbage magic ring 30 times in a row.

On that note, my level 11 necro farmed two of Julian’s love rings finally. If someone is also struggling to get one, either gamble on a level 11 necro like I did or ask me for it!

What do you mean by gambling on a level 11 necro? Make a new Necromancer and put some blood crystals in the Stash so they can use Kadala?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Folt The Bolt posted:

What do you mean by gambling on a level 11 necro? Make a new Necromancer and put some blood crystals in the Stash so they can use Kadala?

Blood shards are account wide, but yes that's the general idea.

By gambling on a level 11 you limit the pool of items to roll from. Since that ring is first available at 11 as a drop you have a better chance at your legendary upgrade being the one you want.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
You don’t have to be 11. You can do it ay level 1 so no need to waste your time leveling it up 10 levels

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

is there any way to figure out which runes correspond to which elements?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Vomik posted:

You don’t have to be 11. You can do it ay level 1 so no need to waste your time leveling it up 10 levels

It was specifically level 11 because Julian’s love doesn’t drop until 11, per a bunch of posts and the item level being minimum 11. You can always gamble, but the pool of possible drops is somewhat level bound I thought.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Circle_of_Nailuj%27s_Evol

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/circle-of-nailujs-evol-P6_Unique_Ring_01

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

onesixtwo posted:

It was specifically level 11 because Julian’s love doesn’t drop until 11, per a bunch of posts and the item level being minimum 11. You can always gamble, but the pool of possible drops is somewhat level bound I thought.

I did this yesterday and got Circle on my 4th roll. As level 11 to be clear...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

m.hache posted:

Blood shards are account wide, but yes that's the general idea.

By gambling on a level 11 you limit the pool of items to roll from. Since that ring is first available at 11 as a drop you have a better chance at your legendary upgrade being the one you want.

Neato! I'll try that out since it's the only ring I'm missing in terms of rings for the Rathma Skelemancer; I got two Krysbins and a Convention of Elements today (the Krysbins lack a Socket though... :( might need to Enchant one).

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

onesixtwo posted:

At level 1 you can gamble legendaries that drop at higher levels, up to level 16 I believe. I gambled that ring on my level 1 Necro this season for example.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
P524 so far on Papa Shango, my (s)witch doctor

SW-5725-1017-9704

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Fatigued posted:

At level 1 you can gamble legendaries that drop at higher levels, up to level 16 I believe. I gambled that ring on my level 1 Necro this season for example.

Confirmation bias is a bastard in that case, that is great to know for the future! It definitely would also explain why I was rolling items the level 11 couldn't equip that were just magic.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
Hahah holy what the gently caress, I just got full Rathma's for the first time on my Necro backed by the Jesseth scythe/shield combo and I feel like I've ascended into a higher state of being. I'm pretty sure my skeletons could literally kill god now, I love this game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The power jumps along the way from T1 to T13 with set bonuses and getting the right synergies are DBZ-esque and part of why the season journey feels so good, yeah

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Working on gearing a Tal Rasha explosive blast (https://www.diablofans.com/builds/100395-tal-rasha-explosive-blast-speedfarm-season-15) wizard now. Had the rings but accidentally salvaged them when clearing out a bunch of stash junk. Still missing most of the uniques, not switching to explosive blast until I have the wand of woh and orb on infinite depth.

Got this up and running today with a couple tweaks....it's something. Non stop explosions and using Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac which when it decides to proc on explosive blast a few times in a row means several seconds of continued explosions. Not the fastest build out there I'm sure but it's lazy to play and farming T10 for now very comfortably. Would be nice if you could do something similar to the numlock trick on switch instead of holding three buttons the whole time.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Inverted Sphere posted:

Hahah holy what the gently caress, I just got full Rathma's for the first time on my Necro backed by the Jesseth scythe/shield combo and I feel like I've ascended into a higher state of being. I'm pretty sure my skeletons could literally kill god now, I love this game.

Finally Kanai'd Nailuj and holy gently caress, my Rathma set game went up to the next level after my game already went up with the full Rathma set! :allears:

I finally got through Greater Rift 48 that seemed so hard when I got it cubed! The feel of how powerful you become when everything finally clicks together is amazing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Finally got the 6 piece for the bone lance necro set, used it and realized it was a kiting and cooldown build, and immediately rerolled a DH. I would rather push buttons.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Emron posted:

Finally got the 6 piece for the bone lance necro set, used it and realized it was a kiting and cooldown build, and immediately rerolled a DH. I would rather push buttons.

Yeah it’s a certain mindset. Imo the trag version is more fun to play (probably because it has better defense) but it really isn’t something fun to play unless you are literally trying to push your absolute highest gr (and of course once you’re doing that you exchange unity for coe and are then fishing for rifts without spear chuckers and what not.

It takes me back to my inferno diablo kill wizard which was basically casting hydra and blizzard and running around for my life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can do a decent Blood Mage build with Trags that isn't cooldown-reliant and very tanky, I liked that the last time I played as Necro.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You can do a decent Blood Mage build with Trags that isn't cooldown-reliant and very tanky, I liked that the last time I played as Necro.

I was up to GR 43 using Rathma but it was too passive for me. I was excited to try the bone lance build but it's also just not my style. I'm gonna do the old tried and true multishot build once I get this DH leveled.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Inverted Sphere posted:

I've been doing Rathma set with a different scythe combo - Scythe of Cycle + Reilenas Shadowhook. I tried both and I think that one seems stronger than the Jesseth set?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I've been doing Rathma set with a different scythe combo - Scythe of Cycle + Reilenas Shadowhook. I tried both and I think that one seems stronger than the Jesseth set?

You may be right. I think the top Necro on the leaderboards for Grifts uses Cycle and an Iron Rose in the offhand.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Any recommendations on better defense for Rathmas? I switched over to using bone armor + wisdom of kalan which is helping a bit but still getting one shotted a lot and capping out at GR67, really want to break 70. Would compass rose be better?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Krieger posted:

Any recommendations on better defense for Rathmas? I switched over to using bone armor + wisdom of kalan which is helping a bit but still getting one shotted a lot and capping out at GR67, really want to break 70. Would compass rose be better?

So like, the last CH4 Season thing I need to do is a Greater Rift at 20. This is my first GR. I did it at 20. I'm... surviving... but definitely just ran out of my time. Will lower GR's give me things that may help escalate my ability to run a 20 GR? Or should I just see if someone on my friend's list wants to help...

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yes lower GRs still drop the gems and allow you to level them up to a certain point.
So depending on what gems are good for your build, getting them to level 10-15 (or just equipping them period) may get you enough of a boost to break GR20.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That one gem that gives 10,000 hp/sec plus the pants that give like 10x life per second as a damage aura are really helping me level this second character.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I may need to look up Legendary Gems in general.

Also, I beat the GR20. Solo. No bonus. But I beat it. (I mean, I did die a couple times)

But I did not get the challenge.
It says to REACH GREATER RIFT LEVEL 20 SOLO.
Do I need to start from GR1 or something?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Haha, holy poo poo. I actually fully put together: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-1-season-15 and used the build as designed, minus belt and the gems because I'm still using my leveled defensive gems.

Saw a crit lastnight for 60b??? holy hell, t13 melts after I made a slight change to my playstyle. gg necro

Feenix posted:

Also, I beat the GR20. Solo. No bonus. But I beat it. (I mean, I did die a couple times)

That.. i'm confused about but no starting at 1 isn't required.. Maybe just try doing 21 or 22 / next highest and see if that triggers it?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Did you beat the timer?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Did you beat the timer?

No, but that seemed clear that that was a bonus objective so I assumed it didn't matter?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

No, but that seemed clear that that was a bonus objective so I assumed it didn't matter?

Unfortunately no. I believe you need to clear the timer to get the achieve.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Unfortunately no. I believe you need to clear the timer to get the achieve.

Word. Humble Beginnings for me, it is, then! :) Thanks all!

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Feenix posted:

Yeah, like m.hache said, you have to complete the rift, including killing the Guardian, within the 15 minute time limit for it to be considered successfully completed. You still get the item drops from the Guardian if you don't, but you don't get the achievement, it won't unlock higher rifts, and you can't upgrade your legendary gems.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m out of GR keys. Is plain Neph rifts the only/best source?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Feenix posted:

I’m out of GR keys. Is plain Neph rifts the only/best source?

Yes they only drop from Rift Guardians, but you get a higher drop chance as difficulty increases, eventually into multiple drops as you start heading into the Torments.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

Yes they only drop from Rift Guardians, but you get a higher drop chance as difficulty increases, eventually into multiple drops as you start heading into the Torments.

At Torment 2 I just got 1 key. Really? That normal? I could get one key doing, like, some way easier/faster difficulty, no?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Feenix posted:

At Torment 2 I just got 1 key. Really? That normal? I could get one key doing, like, some way easier/faster difficulty, no?

T2 has a 25% chance to drop 2 keys, it's not 100% chance for 2 until T11. I think the sweet spot for rifts is 2-4 minutes, if you're going slower then that then crank it down.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

T2 has a 25% chance to drop 2 keys, it's not 100% chance for 2 until T11. I think the sweet spot for rifts is 2-4 minutes, if you're going slower then that then crank it down.

You can also party up for your regular rifts. T1 is a great difficulty for groups since people do that for speed and you're also eligible for the torment legendaries. Plus you get the group magic find buffs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Does armor with a perk like “Gain Thorns equal to 264% of your vitality” do anything for a wizard that does not deal or have thorn damage?

Asking for a, uh, friend. You wouldn’t know him, he goes to another school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beastie posted:

Does armor with a perk like “Gain Thorns equal to 264% of your vitality” do anything for a wizard that does not deal or have thorn damage?

Asking for a, uh, friend. You wouldn’t know him, he goes to another school.

If I recall the only real character that can use thorns effectively is the crusader who can specifically build around it. Otherwise it's a wasted stat.