Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
There's an IK/Raekor setup for charge barb too, that already used RoRG so not sure what that can use instead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I bet the only change next season to mixed sets is that they use Convention of Elements or some other good ring. It's not going to change a whole lot.

The real goofiness is going to be the builds that use only a full set, but I have a feeling that most of them are going to just stick with something that allows for higher defense.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
6wastes + 4IK aka the best build

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Hm. How will these changes impact set dungeons? I know several of them require you to intentionally limit your damage already.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Russad posted:

Hm. How will these changes impact set dungeons? I know several of them require you to intentionally limit your damage already.

Probably not in a good way but you'll still be able to equip a white weapon I guess. :v: Who cares about set dungeons outside of the 1 you need for journey anyway?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tahirovic posted:

I think most builds will use that free slot from perma RoRG for a defensive item like Aquilas. Not sure what I'd do with my current TR Meteor build tough.

My immediate thought was “witching hour”, with a potential side option of pride’s fall while gearing up and not being able to stick the 90% for Aquilas. Maybe being able to use a Herge’s Binding would let you be able to take less resource cost reduction on gear? But there’s not much to stat for in replacement, either, so...

e: It might actually make Compass Rose useful for TR Meteor, now that I think about it

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 20, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are a lot of builds I can think of that have 1-2 more useful legendaries than they have slots to stick them in so a native RORG would fundamentally change up a lot of common knowledge gearing options.

My bold prediction is that following this season, Blizz will make RORG permanent by removing it from the game and knocking all 6pc set requirements down to 5.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

exquisite tea posted:

There are a lot of builds I can think of that have 1-2 more useful legendaries than they have slots to stick them in so a native RORG would fundamentally change up a lot of common knowledge gearing options.

My bold prediction is that following this season, Blizz will make RORG permanent by removing it from the game and knocking all 6pc set requirements down to 5.

They owe it to us after the Blizzcon disaster :)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What's the buff for LoN? (can't access at work)

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What's the buff for LoN? (can't access at work)

Legacy of Nightmares
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 500%

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

mewse posted:

Legacy of Nightmares
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 500%

That.... that will do nicely.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Think I'm gonna make a Monk next season, because 9000% Ulianna's sounds loving hilarious.

Also with the Seasonal buff, doesn't that mean all the 2 set items you only need 1? Because... Holy poo poo.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Think I'm gonna make a Monk next season, because 9000% Ulianna's sounds loving hilarious.

Also with the Seasonal buff, doesn't that mean all the 2 set items you only need 1? Because... Holy poo poo.

RoRG doesnt work with 2 sets

Reduces the number of items required for Set Bonuses by 1 (To a minimum of 2.)

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Seems like someone said “gently caress it, let’s blow the doors of set bonuses and see what happens” which I FULLY support. But could this be a sign of the sun setting on Diablo 3? Some shenanigans before diablo 4? They can’t be assuming that D3 playerbase (all 200 of them) will migrate to Immortal..?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

if you're taking this announcement as the first hint that the sun is setting on d3, i don't know what to say

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Zenithe posted:

:eyepop:

:wtc:

Just to clarify, now a single cast of haunt now does significantly more than the previous six set bonus, one of the highest single damaging skills in the game.

And the six set bonus is more than six times as stronk

Lazy AF changes to be sure but Haunt can't hit more than 2 targets at once (with that belt) and harvests aren't chainable on RGs. Also, push a GR high enough and you'll find that harvesting out of CoE phase, even on trash starts getting...rather useless...

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The sun has pretty much already set on D3. Necro pack was a wet fart out of it's dead butthole

Still fun just don't expect big things

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

The sun has pretty much already set on D3. Necro pack was a wet fart out of it's dead butthole

Still fun just don't expect big things

yeah the necro pack (and the new tilesets) seems like it was the only sellable piece to a scrapped expansion

mewse
May 2, 2006

Four seasons of 2.6.1

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tenacious J posted:

Seems like someone said “gently caress it, let’s blow the doors of set bonuses and see what happens” which I FULLY support. But could this be a sign of the sun setting on Diablo 3? Some shenanigans before diablo 4? They can’t be assuming that D3 playerbase (all 200 of them) will migrate to Immortal..?

These patch notes are like when you're shaking a rotting corpse and the gas that's been building up escapes in the form of a rancid zombie fart, but it's a loved one so at least it's something to remember them by.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Got my complete set of wastes gear for barb on, the blood/vow Bul-Kathos sword set on, and an obsidian ring of the Zodiac equipped and I’ve turned into basically a permanently raging lawn mower speeding through levels

mewse
May 2, 2006

Inna's WoL is theoretically going to be same dmg multiplier was sunwuko WoL

Sunwuko: 1500% * 10 sweeping wind stacks
Inna's: 1500% * 10 mystic allies

e: and you can use endless walk jewelry with inna's. plus double unity plus CoE because free RRoG this season, god drat

e2: loses cindercoat, gains lefevre shoulders

e3: gains rabid strike instead of vengeful wind!!!

e4: had to post a build i think this will be crazy good next season

mewse fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 20, 2018

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

D3 has steadily been power creeped ever since RoS came out. This doesn't seem like anything other than a way to keep leaderboard pushers interested in seeing how far they can push GRs. This is not a bad thing and even though I'm not a serious GR pusher these changes will get me to keep playing. I sort of casually came back and made a late season monk this season (that I've had terrible luck with, the RNG gods have not been kind to me) and this announcement has me interested in making another seasonal character next season.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm guessing IK Barb is the most brainless set for next season?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Is IK the super saiyan barb or the hota barb

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Both.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Is IK the super saiyan barb or the hota barb

I think both? IK is just a damage bonus for having ancients and berserker up so it's super flexible. Really good starter set.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mewse posted:

e4: had to post a build i think this will be crazy good next season

Also loses the option for Witching Hour, but drat if that isn't an interesting build.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Also loses the option for Witching Hour, but drat if that isn't an interesting build.

Witching hour doesn't seem like a big loss, cindercoat seems huge from a spirit perspective. With no cindercoat is there a better bell rune?

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

I stopped playing about 6 months after release. I'm tired of ROTMG's random surprise deaths inducing my rage. I realized I liked the chill somewhat mindless killing of minions which made me think of coming back to D3.

i dont have any expansions. what new thing has been implemented that i need to focus on? Looks like I have a 60 DH, 60 monk, and 34 wizard.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Duxwig posted:

I stopped playing about 6 months after release. I'm tired of ROTMG's random surprise deaths inducing my rage. I realized I liked the chill somewhat mindless killing of minions which made me think of coming back to D3.

i dont have any expansions. what new thing has been implemented that i need to focus on? Looks like I have a 60 DH, 60 monk, and 34 wizard.

Reaper of souls is basically mandatory but the rise of the necro content pack is completely optional

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mayveena posted:

They owe it to us after the Blizzcon disaster :)

No they don't.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Seamonster posted:

Lazy AF changes to be sure but Haunt can't hit more than 2 targets at once (with that belt) and harvests aren't chainable on RGs. Also, push a GR high enough and you'll find that harvesting out of CoE phase, even on trash starts getting...rather useless...

Hmm isn’t the 2nd or 3rd highest WD a jade wd? Don’t really think the set is that useless.

Also you can hit 3 targets with the belt + cold rune

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I really feel they missed an opportunity to buff the non class sets. Especially with the theme, slapping together a clown suit of other sets would have been interesting.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dr. Krieger posted:

I think both? IK is just a damage bonus for having ancients and berserker up so it's super flexible. Really good starter set.

Yeah, it's a meat grinder. Also works well on those rifts with poo poo density, since you can spam HotA at no real Fury cost to reset your cooldowns, so you can always be Super Saiyan.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Zenithe posted:

I really feel they missed an opportunity to buff the non class sets. Especially with the theme, slapping together a clown suit of other sets would have been interesting.

Season 16 should be a time for Asheara's Vestments and Arcstone rings, not power creep.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Not sure how D3 calculates damage, but is there any set thats going to be better than LoN?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

soscannonballs posted:

Not sure how D3 calculates damage, but is there any set thats going to be better than LoN?

All of them

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

mewse posted:

Reaper of souls is basically mandatory but the rise of the necro content pack is completely optional

They are both half price in the Blizzard shop right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And you guys thought it was too early to be thinking about Season 16 sets. :smugdog:

I've never done a (D3) PTR before. What time does it usually open up?